Coronavirus

2,006,760 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Werewolf
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackFansXL said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Stepping out of the corral for a moment, the authors do appear to be glossing over the justification for their reasoning. Perhaps this is due to lack of data or a need to limit article length and complexity. Over-simplification sounds like racial profiling to some and simple opinion to others. Regardless, they didn't present data to justify reasons for their conclusions, unless I missed it.
Quote:

The authors also pointed out that uninsured or low-income residents may see their healthcare providers less, not understand that vaccines are free, and have less access to the technology needed to gather vaccine information and make an appointment.

Could be....maybe the researchers are relying on the typical factors that prevent these same people from getting dialysis care, preventative dental care, prenatal care, cancer screenings, etc.....different issues, but usually the same preventative measures that limit their taking advantage of things most of us are able to do.

I'm sure google is full of other analysis that studies average reasons why certain groups are less likely to get the vaccination. Do you think those reasons will be the same for Anson County as they are for Western Union County (I think you are a UC guy??).
I wonder how many of those analysis will point to the reasons above.....

You may be right, but you know what they say about assuming. I don't know about why folks choose not to get vaccinated. I have several family members who have been exposed to all the medical info but remain in the hesitant group. I have presented the arguments for vaccination with each of them but only one finally gave in. His job announced they were going to reopen the office and anyone who wasn't vaccinated had to wear a mask all day. He didn't want to do that.

You are correct about my history with UC. I grew up in Marshville 40years ago. I hear things have changed a great deal on the western end of the county and are beginning to change in the Marshville area as well.
Did you know any of the Traywick brothers?
TheStorm
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Lol. You just love making up positions people have. People have had ample time and opportunity to get the info they need. Comprende? Waste of time and money sending Covid missionaries knocking on doors.
I said, "...thats why we should not just assume people have gotten all the "factual" info they need, as packgrad and king want to do".

How are these two statements out of sync? you claim they have, I argue they have not.

You don't understand the difference between saying someone has had ample time and opportunity to get information and people getting all of the prescribed "factual information they need ? Ok. Some people just like to argue over nothing. I'll stop obliging you in that subject.
I think that I've stated before that he will argue with anybody about anything... is that enough for a ban, Glass?
bigeric
and while they are at it, when they encounter Medicare recipients, they can ensure they are "getting all the benefits they deserve."
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
caryking
TheStorm said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Lol. You just love making up positions people have. People have had ample time and opportunity to get the info they need. Comprende? Waste of time and money sending Covid missionaries knocking on doors.
I said, "...thats why we should not just assume people have gotten all the "factual" info they need, as packgrad and king want to do".

How are these two statements out of sync? you claim they have, I argue they have not.

You don't understand the difference between saying someone has had ample time and opportunity to get information and people getting all of the prescribed "factual information they need ? Ok. Some people just like to argue over nothing. I'll stop obliging you in that subject.
I think that I've stated before that he will argue with anybody about anything... is that enough for a ban, Glass?
Free BBW!! Free BBW!!! Free BBW!!! Free BBW!!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Glasswolf
TheStorm said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Not sure why you're asking me. I do not moderate this forum at all. I've not banned anyone nor has RWW26. You need to go way up the chain of command in IPS to see who did. We've been asked to let Steve and James handle you guys.
Daviewolf83
I have not posted the vaccination status charts for about a week, so I thought some would find it interesting. While vaccinations in NC have slowed, NC is still providing approximately 16,000 doses a day (last 7-day average). If you project this over a month, at the current rate NC is vaccinating, a total of 480,000 doses will be administered. Some of these doses are first dose or single dose and some are a second dose. To date, NC has provided the following vaccinations:

1st and Single (J&J) Dose Total = 4,813,426 doses
2nd Dose Total = 4,441,388 doses

Another encouraging metric - over 80% of those aged 65+ have received at least one dose and an average of those aged 65+ have received two doses. Having this age group highly vaccinated is important, since it is the age demographic most impacted from Covid, with regards to severe Covid and deaths. These numbers are also important, since recent reports indicate that those people who are fully vaccinated should have good immune system protection (antibodies and T-Cells) from the Delta variant.

TheStorm
LOL. So, now it's "you guys"... perfect. BBW was the very best thing about the political topics because he told it like it was, but whatever...
TheStorm
Great update Davie!

Yes, we definitely should be spending taxpayer money to let Democrats do whatever it is they plan to do going door to door in NC... sounds like the vaccine is reaching those that need it the most the best... that should be a good thing I would think, but apparently not.
GuerrillaPack
On vaccination rates, given that people over 65 years old are really the only ones at any serious risk from the black plague Rona (per the official narrative, if you believe that)...then why is there this push to get EVERYONE in the population vaccinated?

If over 80% of people over 65 years old have taken the injections, then society at large should be "good" -- and we don't have to worry about another "wave" of people dying or requiring hospitalization (requiring lockdowns, mask mandates, etc)...and there shouldn't be this frantic push by governments and far Left Lamestream media pressuring EVERYONE (including children under 18 years old) to get the jabs.

People under 60-65, and especially those under 40, are at VERY MINIMAL risk from the Rona (even per the official narrative)...and in reality lower than the regular flu.

This madness has to stop. Stop this insane push to coerce and force people into taking these injections. Stop all mask mandates, especially for children in school, who are at ZERO risk. How in the world can colleges force 18-22 year olds to be injected, when they are at virtually ZERO risk from this?

I mean, even people who believe every word from the Gubbamint and Lamestream media about this covid nonsense should at least stop and question why schools and colleges are mandating mask-wearing and forced vaccinations for children 0-18 and young people in college 18-22 years old (who are at virtually ZERO risk from Rona), and not mandating any such thing for elderly (65+), who are 1000 times more at risk.

This is all being done for a "political" purpose, not out of genuine concern for a "pandemic" or health of the population. People need to speak out and rise up and demand an end to this insanity.
Glasswolf
TheStorm said:

LOL. So, now it's "you guys"... perfect. BBW was the very best thing about the political topics because he told it like it was, but whatever...
Talk to Steve and James
Wayland
GuerrillaPack said:

On vaccination rates, given that people over 65 years old are really the only ones at any serious risk from the black plague Rona (per the official narrative, if you believe that)...then why is there this push to get EVERYONE in the population vaccinated?

If over 80% of people over 65 years old have taken the injections, then society at large should be "good" -- and we don't have to worry about another "wave" of people dying or requiring hospitalization (requiring lockdowns, mask mandates, etc)...and there shouldn't be this frantic push by governments and far Left Lamestream media pressuring EVERYONE (including children under 18 years old) to get the jabs.

People under 60-65, and especially those under 40, are at VERY MINIMAL risk from the Rona (even per the official narrative)...and in reality lower than the regular flu.

This madness has to stop. Stop this insane push to coerce and force people into taking these injections. Stop all mask mandates, especially for children in school, who are at ZERO risk. How in the world can colleges force 18-22 year olds to be injected, when they are at virtually ZERO risk from this?

I mean, even people who believe every word from the Gubbamint and Lamestream media about this covid nonsense should at least stop and question why schools and colleges are mandating mask-wearing and forced vaccinations for children 0-18 and young people in college 18-22 years old (who are at virtually ZERO risk from Rona), and not mandating any such thing for elderly (65+), who are 1000 times more at risk.

This is all being done for a "political" purpose, not out of genuine concern for a "pandemic" or health of the population. People need to speak out and rise up and demand an end to this insanity.

In the last year and a half, NC has had 3 pediatric deaths WITH COVID. Far lower than any typical flu season.

The fact that every school is not fully open and in person is a crime. NC DHHS and media pumping fear into parents is disgusting.

COVID is a world wide tragedy, but we should celebrate that children have been largely spared (even beyond what is normal for respiratory viruses).

Continuing to pretend that healthy children are under any sort of real risk in order to further any sort of agenda, is disgusting.

The fact that public health could not acknowledge this nuance is a massive failing.
statefan91
Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Do we really think those people are going to change their minds because government Covid missionaries knock on their doors? No way.

Waste of time and money.

Totally agree. I was hoping he wasn't serious about the door to door bs and was just trying to drive home his point, but i would not put it past this group of clowns.
It's highly likely they are going to use data regarding the vaccination rates and target communities with low rates. They will send people out most likely to deliver flyers to doorsteps / community centers / health clinics / etc. that will provide clear and high level information about the vaccines, their effectiveness so far, etc. I can't be certain but I find it highly unlikely they're going to go knock on every door in America.
Packchem91
Daviewolf83 said:

I have not posted the vaccination status charts for about a week, so I thought some would find it interesting. While vaccinations in NC have slowed, NC is still providing approximately 16,000 doses a day (last 7-day average). If you project this over a month, at the current rate NC is vaccinating, a total of 480,000 doses will be administered. Some of these doses are first dose or single dose and some are a second dose. To date, NC has provided the following vaccinations:

Another encouraging metric - over 80% of those aged 65+ have received at least one dose and an average of those aged 65+ have received two doses. Having this age group highly vaccinated is important, since it is the age demographic most impacted from Covid, with regards to severe Covid and deaths. These numbers are also important, since recent reports indicate that those people who are fully vaccinated should have good immune system protection (antibodies and T-Cells) from the Delta variant.

Thanks Davie -- I guess I'm actually surprised the % of those 65+ is not actually higher than what is reported here. For the reasons you mention as drivers...surprises me more would be unwilling to take the vaccine.
caryking
Steve and James, it appears as if one of you (perhaps others) suspended BBW. If so, all I have to say is:

Free BBW!!! Free BBW!!! Free BBW!!! Free BBW!!! Free BBW!!!

Come on guys, the only people reading his post are the ones that like to debate (or complain). Let the guy back on!!! He's one of the only posters that keeps the fun on the board. Whether you agree with him or not, he provides a comedic approach to his beliefs...

Joe Biden
caryking
statefan91 said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Do we really think those people are going to change their minds because government Covid missionaries knock on their doors? No way.

Waste of time and money.

Totally agree. I was hoping he wasn't serious about the door to door bs and was just trying to drive home his point, but i would not put it past this group of clowns.
It's highly likely they are going to use data regarding the vaccination rates and target communities with low rates. They will send people out most likely to deliver flyers to doorsteps / community centers / health clinics / etc. that will provide clear and high level information about the vaccines, their effectiveness so far, etc. I can't be certain but I find it highly unlikely they're going to go knock on every door in America.
This is a recipe for disaster! In those areas where we have low rates of vaccination, and if it's true, these people are Trump supporters (that's not racial targeting, is it?), then I can see some bad things happening to the people passing out these so-called flyers...

You know, these people are Gun Toting Patriots!!! Just not a good idea!!!

Or, is this to actively pursue the Black population? Either way, just not good. Leave people alone and let them live their lives as they wish...

Joe Biden
statefan91
Why would bad things happen to them?
GuerrillaPack
pineknollshoresking said:

statefan91 said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Waste of time and money.

This is a recipe for disaster! In those areas where we have low rates of vaccination, and if it's true, these people are Trump supporters (that's not racial targeting, is it?), then I can see some bad things happening to the people passing out these so-called flyers...

You know, these people are Gun Toting Patriots!!! Just not a good idea!!!

Or, is this to actively pursue the Black population? Either way, just not good. Leave people alone and let them live their lives as they wish...
Black and hispanic communities actually have a significantly lower rate of vaccination than whites. It seems that white leftists are the racial & ideological demographic group most likely to take the injections - typified by clueless, gullible white liberal women who believe everything they are told to believe by the Gubbamint and far left Establishment media, because the people on TV are "authorities".
packgrad
A flyer on a door knob is so much better than a banner ticking across your dump truck radio. This is brilliant. We should spend billions on it. I mean, we spend billions on other things. Why not?
Wayland
July 8. HHS update. Last 7 Day COVID admissions by county.

Cumberland 25
Robeson 24
Guilford 24
Mecklenburg 17
Cabarrus 13
Pitt 13
Iredell 12
Wayne 12
Durham 11
Orange 11
Wake 11
Catawba 10
New Hanover 10
caryking
statefan91 said:

do you ever get out of the city?

Joe Biden
packgrad
They should put flyers on windshields at Wal Mart too. I just can't think of a better way to get people that are unsure about getting the vaccine the information they need . This is brilliant. It isn't a waste of time or money. I was wrong. It's green. The millions of flyers they'll make will come from dead trees. It will create jobs. Brilliant.
statefan91
pineknollshoresking said:

statefan91 said:

do you ever get out of the city?
Yep.
caryking
I know the following link is an isolated case; however, these stories are becoming more prevalent around the world. I understand... as a percent of the total vaccinated, this is not bad... but...

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/beautiful-young-italian-girl-killed-by-vaccine/

Joe Biden
statefan91
I don't understand your weird aversion toward attempts at better informing people of information that could save their lives or their loved ones.
wilmwolf
I think going door to door to get folks the vaccine is a great idea. They can hire some of the people that have been not working the last 15 months. While they are at it, they can hand out voter IDs too.

*ducks*
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
GuerrillaPack
statefan91 said:

I don't understand your weird aversion toward attempts at better informing people of information that could save their lives or their loved ones.
Because maybe it's not true information. Perhaps it's misinformation, and propaganda...to push various agendas having absolutely nothing to do with a genuine concern for the health of the population.

You know, there's a LOT of people in this nation who do not trust the government or the Establishment far Left media. Not everyone just blindly believes everything they are told to believe by the government and Establishment.
Packchem91
statefan91 said:

watch it now...thats not what he said. It is, but it is not.
Packchem91
wilmwolf80 said:

I think going door to door to get folks the vaccine is a great idea. They can hire some of the people that have been not working the last 15 months. While they are at it, they can hand out voter IDs too.

*ducks*
LOL, exactly. Government is already paying them anyway.

Seriously though, the model to register voters is a great one --- use community activists, whom are trusted a lot more than government (the idea of Feds going door-to-door is silly of course...i hope)....to rally folks. It worked -- - wonderfully or horribly, depending on your perspective - for voter registration....would think could have similar effects here.

Granted, this is probably really only feasible in urban areas. Get to Mitchell County where the vaccination rates are low....probably not going to work like this.
packgrad
statefan91 said:

I have no aversion. I think it's a great use of time and money! Lol. It can save lives!
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

statefan91 said:

Awww. Somebody in their feelings this morning?
GuerrillaPack
packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

I have no aversion. I think it's a great use of time and money! Lol. It can save lives!
Yes! We've only added 5 trillion to the national debt in the last year and a half, to pay people to stay at home collecting a check after unnecessarily locking down the nation and destroying the economy on purpose. And even though at this rate we will have hyperinflation and full collapse of the dollar, it's a small price to pay. I'm literally TREMBLING in fear right now from the Delta Farce Plus variant. Please save me child sniffer Joe Biden!!!!
packgrad
wilmwolf80 said:

*ducks*

Great idea. Could also give them the factual information they need to other topics like abortion, police interactions, etc. Drop your aversions. Let's save lives!
statefan91
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Thanks Davie -- I guess I'm actually surprised the % of those 65+ is not actually higher than what is reported here. For the reasons you mention as drivers...surprises me more would be unwilling to take the vaccine.
I'm reading here, that OVER 80% have had at least one dose, and 92.27% of those have had a second shot... so, with the J&J being a one shot vaccine - an even HIGHER number than 92.27% of that OVER 80% have had BOTH SHOTS...

Surely some of those UNDER 20% have legitimate health issues that prevent them from getting vaccinated, wouldn't one think?

I mean what else do you need to see in order to convince yourself that our citizens "that needed it the most" have overall done a very good job being receptive to the vaccine? Not arguing, but asking?
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

statefan91 said:

Awww. Somebody in their feelings this morning?
Its a beautiful Friday....football is getting closer....life is good.
First Page Last Page
Page 305 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.