Coronavirus

1,980,473 Views | 19755 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Werewolf
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

Was in OIB for the holiday weekend. Did not see ONE person wearing a mask in any grocery store, restaurant, or retail shop we stopped in. The dance is over.
Not even employees? I seem to still see kitchen staff and servers wearing masks in some (not all) local restaurants, though my local CFA seems to have just dropped its requirement for employees I noticed this AM.

And still see doctors offices with requirement for masks.
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Was in OIB for the holiday weekend. Did not see ONE person wearing a mask in any grocery store, restaurant, or retail shop we stopped in. The dance is over.
Not even employees? I seem to still see kitchen staff and servers wearing masks in some (not all) local restaurants, though my local CFA seems to have just dropped its requirement for employees I noticed this AM.

Nope. None. Didn't go to the doctors office over the weekend though.

To be fair, I didn't take a census. Just the people I interacted with.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Right --- i think its been more prevalent that I would have expected, frankly. Certainly by far the majority are w/o masks. And outdoors -- the only people I've seen have been some elderly folks.

But was in Costco last TH or so, and number of folks there still had them. And still see both young and old customers in some other big-box stores (higher volume of people) with masks. But highest volume seems t be amongst staff in stores/restaurants.
As for doctor's / PT offices....I've been to 3-4 different places over the past month, and everyone of them have still required.

Good news is -- any limitation of "doing stuff" seems to be long gone. Everywhere seems crowded again - not just touristy places, but just the every day life places are swarmed with people
Wayland
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Right --- i think its been more prevalent that I would have expected, frankly. Certainly by far the majority are w/o masks. And outdoors -- the only people I've seen have been some elderly folks.

But was in Costco last TH or so, and number of folks there still had them. And still see both young and old customers in some other big-box stores (higher volume of people) with masks. But highest volume seems t be amongst staff in stores/restaurants.
As for doctor's / PT offices....I've been to 3-4 different places over the past month, and everyone of them have still required.

Good news is -- any limitation of "doing stuff" seems to be long gone. Everywhere seems crowded again - not just touristy places, but just the every day life places are swarmed with people

Now, if we can just get everyone on board with schools being full and open, in person, with no restrictions (or theater).
Packchem91
Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Now, if we can just get everyone on board with schools being full and open, in person, with no restrictions (or theater).
I'll be honest, I've not paid attention to anything on that other than notices from my school system -- are there places considering doing something different than that at this point?

(NOTE: I assume there will be media chatter of something more restricted as long as all the fear-mongering of variants are out there).
Wayland
Packchem91 said:

Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

I'll be honest, I've not paid attention to anything on that other than notices from my school system -- are there places considering doing something different than that at this point?

(NOTE: I assume there will be media chatter of something more restricted as long as all the fear-mongering of variants are out there).
Yes. The teachers unions are still off their rockers. So any impact they may have politically could affect the kids.
johntom
I played golf yesterday and the dude behind us was playing by himself and wearing a mask. I'm done with them but won't make fun of people wearing them in a store or crowded setting if they're still that scared. Wearing one outside on a 92 degree day when you're by yourself is just stupid though.
wilmwolf
There was a guy wearing one on the beach on Sunday. Now, there were a lot of people on the beach, but the wind was blowing steady. Really, it's just an example of how poor of a job the messaging has been from the "experts" and people in charge. There is no chance that you are going to get covid sitting on a beach.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Packchem91
Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Yes. The teachers unions are still off their rockers. So any impact they may have politically could affect the kids.
Ahhhh, unions. Welp, there you go.
Packchem91
johntom said:

I played golf yesterday and the dude behind us was playing by himself and wearing a mask. I'm done with them but won't make fun of people wearing them in a store or crowded setting if they're still that scared. Wearing one outside on a 92 degree day when you're by yourself is just stupid though.
Haaa...i played golf yesterday too, and with no breeze, it was hot. Can't imagine the mindset to wear a mask if you're paying golf by yourself (or even with others).

Then, I see a lady walking near my 'hood every morning, wearing long pants, a heavier jacket, a hat and a mask. I've so badly wanted to stop her to ask why, and if it was more stupid to be wearing a jacket when its this warm, or a mask.

TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

johntom said:

Then, I see a lady walking near my 'hood every morning, wearing long pants, a heavier jacket, a hat and a mask. I've so badly wanted to stop her to ask why, and if it was more stupid to be wearing a jacket when its this warm, or a mask.

Ask a wrestler... obviously she's trying to work up a sweat... not the longterm solution, but definitely makes her feel better when she gets back home and gets on the scale checking to see if she is "still holding serve".

Not against you on this one my friend, your logic is "dead on".
PackFansXL
Took my wife and daughter to shop at the outlet mall south of Austin this weekend. I was surprised to see many folks still wearing masks. Several of the stores were still controlled access for number of shoppers allowed in the store at any given time. We skipped those stores altogether. I would estimate 60% of the store workers wore masks across all stores. I don't know how long this approach will continue.
Oldsouljer
ciscopack said:

GOP governors implore residents to overcome vaccine hesitancy as delta variant rises
Yes, stupidity is indeed bi-partisan.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

johntom said:

Ask a wrestler... obviously she's trying to work up a sweat... not the longterm solution, but definitely makes her feel better when she gets back home and gets on the scale checking to see if she is "still holding serve".

Not against you on this one my friend, your logic is "dead on".
Haaa...I told my wife that when we started seeing her, "hey, maybe she's on a weigh loss regimen"....
BBW12OG
Wait until they start requiring "proof of vaccination" in order to receive government benefits, medicaid, medicare and IRS refunds.... It's coming...she just said the quiet part out loud. How do the "door knockers" know who has and who hasn't been vaccinated?

Way to go lefties... way to go. If we had a legit media that wasn't the propaganda arm for the left then this would be a hell of a story. Too bad the party that is leading this country into a divide doesn't care about anything other than maintaining power, single-party rule and making sure that the coastal elites lord over the rest of the country could care less.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Civilized
BBW12OG said:

Wait until they start requiring "proof of vaccination" in order to receive government benefits, medicaid, medicare and IRS refunds.... It's coming...she just said the quiet part out loud. How do the "door knockers" know who has and who hasn't been vaccinated?

Way to go lefties... way to go. If we had a legit media that wasn't the propaganda arm for the left then this would be a hell of a story. Too bad the party that is leading this country into a divide doesn't care about anything other than maintaining power, single-party rule and making sure that the coastal elites lord over the rest of the country could care less.

Listen to the clip.

She did not say what Caleb Hull says she said.

And you're extrapolating and catastrophizing from his same erroneous point of origin.
statefan91
Yep - I listened to the clip - "door to door outreach to get remaining Americans vaccinated by ensuring they have the information they need on how both safe and accessible the vaccine is"
BBW12OG
Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

Listen to the clip.

And you're extrapolating and catastrophizing from his same erroneous point of origin.
Yeah... we listened to you and your lefties for four years on what President Trump said. You and your ilk took words and twisted them into what you wanted them to mean. What she said is that they are going "door to door" about vaccinations.

Spin it how you want. I figured the lefties would. Like I said.. I have toned it down and I will continue to do so. Just know your hypocrisy is damn laughable. Appreciate you commenting and solidifying what I have been saying for months.

The fact you see nothing wrong with how she responded speaks volumes.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
BBW12OG
statefan91 said:

Yep - I listened to the clip - "door to door outreach to get remaining Americans vaccinated by ensuring they have the information they need on how both safe and accessible the vaccine is"
Absolutely...... let's make sure we indoctrinate all the people in areas we need votes from that haven't had the vaccine... you know what demographic is the most reluctant?

Your voting block. As long as you toe the line, keep in lock step with what the government in charge and pays your bills is telling you I guess all is well.

You sheep crack me up....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Civilized
BBW12OG said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

Listen to the clip.

Yeah... we listened to you and your lefties for four years on what President Trump said. You and your ilk took words and twisted them into what you wanted them to mean. What she said is that they are going "door to door" about vaccinations.

Spin it how you want. I figured the lefties would. Like I said.. I have toned it down and I will continue to do so. Just know your hypocrisy is damn laughable. Appreciate you commenting and solidifying what I have been saying for months.

The fact you see nothing wrong with how she responded speaks volumes.

If you were responsible for public health policy in the United States, based on both the safety and efficacy of the Covid vaccines and the risks of contracting Covid, you're saying you would not do all you reasonably could to try to make sure Americans were fully informed and educated about the benefits and risks?

You've gone on and on for several paragraphs generically raging at lefties and tilting at windmills like medicare and Medicaid benefits and tax refunds being tied to being vaccinated, none of which is happening or even remotely likely to happen.

With regard to the prospect of door to door vaccine education and promotion, what specifically are you objecting to?
BBW12OG
Quote:

If you were responsible for public health policy in the United States, based on both the safety and efficacy of the Covid vaccines and the risks of contracting Covid, you're saying you would not do all you reasonably could to try to make sure Americans were fully informed and educated about the benefits and risks?
Before I jump in the mud with you I want you to know that I am fully vaccinated and did so in order to return back to normal working regiment. I did so on my own without the company requiring me to do so. In order to travel freely it was highly recommended I do so. I had the Moderna vaccine.

First of all I would not have worshiped at the feet of your God Fauci after he proved he was nothing but a lackey for the lefties. This entire Covid fiasco was over hyped, over sold and used primarily to defeat President Trump.

I would have told the ones that were at high risk to take precautions just as I would have with any type of flu variant that magically disappeared in 2020. The ones who had compromised immune systems, SHOULD HAVE BEEN taking those precautions such as wearing masks to begin with and I would have recommended that they wear them if they felt it was necessary.

I would NOT have shut down schools, businesses, churches, social gatherings etc.... If it worked for Florida and Texas why the hell is any place in the country any different? Oh...you and your SOCIALIST/MARXIST buddies aren't in charge there.

I would have made sure that everyone that wanted to know the truth about the virus was told via live press conferences that even your state run media overlords would have to carry. Answered all their BS questions and not relied on a lefty plant, God Fauci, to advise me on any decisions.

Quote:

You've gone on and on for several paragraphs generically raging at lefties and tilting at windmills like medicare and Medicaid benefits and tax refunds being tied to being vaccinated, none of which is happening or even remotely likely to happen.

Yeah... you lefties never overreach do you? The party you follow like a blind sheep has already cranked it up so many notches on so many issues there isn't enough space on this board to go over them all. You scoff at that like you did me referring to you and your comrades as SOCIALISTS but yet one of your very own finally admitted that he/she is a SOCIALIST a few weeks ago and supports the ideology behind being one.

You lefties ask for the minimum under a vale of wanting to "better" the country but your end game is for absolute power.

I answered your questions now answer mine.

• What neighborhoods are your comrades going to target?

• What demographics?

• How do the "door knockers" know who hasn't been vaccinated?

• What type of information is being disseminated by these "door knockers?"

• Is this going to be a bi-partisan undertaking or is it a left wing only attempt at further instilling fear into the most vulnerable in order to maintain power?

I'll let you figure out if you want to answer the questions I posed to you. Feel free to ignore them and continue to perform the 5 D's of being a SOCIALIST/MARXIST when you are presented with facts and hide after you know you can't defend your leftist opinion with any substantive rebuttal.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
statefan91
Quote:

• What neighborhoods are your comrades going to target?

• What demographics?

• Is this going to be a bi-partisan undertaking or is it a left wing only attempt at further instilling fear into the most vulnerable in order to maintain power?

1. Neighborhoods that have low vaccination rates. That information is readily available on any public State COVID dashboard. Here is the one for NC if you would like it by county: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard/vaccinations

2. The demographics of the places with low vaccination rates. You can also find significant amounts of information on public State COVID dashboards. Here is the one for NC if you would it by race / gender / age / etc.: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard/vaccinations

3. Likely they will canvas areas that with low vaccination rates to share information on safety and efficacy, much like any other canvassing effort (girl scout cookies, census, boy scout popcorn, politicians, vacuum salespeople)

4. Probably information on the safety and efficacy of the vaccine.

5. I'm sure the Biden administration would like to partner with any other politicians and policy makers that want to help get the country vaccinated.
BBW12OG
statefan91 said:

Quote:

What neighborhoods are your comrades going to target?

• What demographics?

1. Neighborhoods that have low vaccination rates. That information is readily available on any public State COVID dashboard. Here is the one for NC if you would like it by county: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard/vaccinations

2. The demographics of the places with low vaccination rates. You can also find significant amounts of information on public State COVID dashboards. Here is the one for NC if you would it by race / gender / age / etc.: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard/vaccinations

3. Likely they will canvas areas that with low vaccination rates to share information on safety and efficacy, much like any other canvassing effort (girl scout cookies, census, boy scout popcorn, politicians, vacuum salespeople)

4. Probably information on the safety and efficacy of the vaccine.

5. I'm sure the Biden administration would like to partner with any other politicians and policy makers that want to help get the country vaccinated.
So they can mobilize to promote a vaccine that is totally voluntary in order to push a narrative that they are constantly changing, "updating" and urge people to take a shot that they can't guarantee that it works well enough that they don't need to wear masks? Got it.

If they are that good at mobilizing why can't they mobilize people to get IDs in order to vote? If they have the resources to push a vaccine on the "same people" that can't seem to be able to get an ID surely they could help them out with that as well right?

As far as the safety and efficacy why don't you share with us the latest greatest on the Delta Variant and the Lambda Variant and how your MSM overlords are already hyping it up as "affecting" the Red States at a higher rate than blue. The Delta, not the Lambda... they are saving that one for later.

And exactly how good is that information you provided? Do you blindly trust every government agency? Of course you do. You and the lefties love being spoon fed everything from the government. Makes it easier to not have to think for yourself! FACT.

It's a load of BS about how the extremes were and have been taken when a simple solution would have yielded the same results. I'm sure you are still masked up and will be until you are told otherwise by your handlers.

Government intervention should be used only when it is the last absolute option. Forcing the government will on the people isn't freedom. It's what created this country and what will ultimately decide it's fate. I know what side I am on and I am damn certain it ain't the one you support.

Here are a few quotes from one of the greatest Presidents ever. President Ronald Reagan -

Government Is the Problem

• Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives. (Speaking at the National Conference of the Building and Construction Trades, AFL-CIO on March 30, 1981)
  • Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
  • Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. (First Inaugural Address on January 20, 1981)
  • Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. (Reagan during his gubernatorial campaign in 1965)
  • Government always finds a need for whatever money it gets. (Address to the Nation on the Fiscal Year 1983 Federal Budget on April 29, 1982)

I know this flies in the face of your SOCIALIST/MARXIST dreams for this country but as long as there are people that are willing to call you and your ilk out for it I think we will be just fine. Even if you have the fancy "high repeating rifles..." that one of your comrades speaks of.

LMAO....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
statefan91
BBW12OG said:

1. So they can mobilize to promote a vaccine that is totally voluntary in order to push a narrative that they are constantly changing, "updating" and urge people to take a shot that they can't guarantee that it works well enough that they don't need to wear masks? Got it.

2. If they are that good at mobilizing why can't they mobilize people to get IDs in order to vote? 3. If they have the resources to push a vaccine on the "same people" that can't seem to be able to get an ID surely they could help them out with that as well right?

4. As far as the safety and efficacy why don't you share with us the latest greatest on the Delta Variant and the Lambda Variant and how your MSM overlords are already hyping it up as "affecting" the Red States at a higher rate than blue. The Delta, not the Lambda... they are saving that one for later.

5. And exactly how good is that information you provided? Do you blindly trust every government agency? Of course you do. You and the lefties love being spoon fed everything from the government. Makes it easier to not have to think for yourself! FACT.

It's a load of BS about how the extremes were and have been taken when a simple solution would have yielded the same results. I'm sure you are still masked up and will be until you are told otherwise by your handlers.

Government intervention should be used only when it is the last absolute option. Forcing the government will on the people isn't freedom. It's what created this country and what will ultimately decide it's fate. I know what side I am on and I am damn certain it ain't the one you support.

Here are a few quotes from one of the greatest Presidents ever. President Ronald Reagan -

Government Is the Problem

• Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives. (Speaking at the National Conference of the Building and Construction Trades, AFL-CIO on March 30, 1981)
  • Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
  • Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. (First Inaugural Address on January 20, 1981)
  • Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. (Reagan during his gubernatorial campaign in 1965)
  • Government always finds a need for whatever money it gets. (Address to the Nation on the Fiscal Year 1983 Federal Budget on April 29, 1982)

I know this flies in the face of your SOCIALIST/MARXIST dreams for this country but as long as there are people that are willing to call you and your ilk out for it I think we will be just fine. Even if you have the fancy "high repeating rifles..." that one of your comrades speaks of.

LMAO....

1. I don't think there was a question in there.

2. I'm sure there will be many organizations mobilizing to help people get IDs if that is implemented as a requirement to vote.

3. I'm not sure what the venn diagram would like of people that haven't gotten the vaccine compared to people that haven't gotten an ID but I'm sure they would be happy to help people get IDs.

4. Early reports out of Israel says Pfizer may not be as effective against Delta but they are still collecting data, thankfully it still protects well against severe cases: https://www.wsj.com/articles/pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-is-less-effective-against-delta-variant-israeli-data-show-11625572796. I'm guessing the second part of yours is more that they think States with lower vaccination rates are more susceptible to COVID spread.

5. I don't know how good the data is, probably not great based on Wayland's posts, but there doesn't seem to be much cost / benefit to fudging demographic data.
BBW12OG
Quote:

1. I don't think there was a question in there. Absolutely there was. If the vaccines work so well then why are the lefties still masking up? Are you still wearing a mask? Inquiring minds want to know.

2. I'm sure there will be many organizations mobilizing to help people get IDs if that is implemented as a requirement to vote. If that's the case then why haven't they done more to ensure that the ID deprived individuals don't already have ID's? You need an ID to cash a check, pick up a package, buy lottery tickets, purchase cigarettes, alcohol, enter certain establishments. Are you saying that demographic doesn't do any of these things? Are you saying they are incapable of obtaining an ID? Do explain.

3. I'm not sure what the venn diagram would like of people that haven't gotten the vaccine compared to people that haven't gotten an ID but I'm sure they would be happy to help people get IDs. You provided the data. What "people" are you referring to? You know the "people" you and the rest of your comrades have kept under your thumb for 50+ years in order to maintain your voting block. Go ahead and provide the information for us. I provide information on nearly every argument I make. Your turn.

4. Early reports out of Israel says Pfizer may not be as effective against Delta but they are still collecting data, thankfully it still protects well against severe cases: https://www.wsj.com/articles/pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-is-less-effective-against-delta-variant-israeli-data-show-11625572796. I'm guessing the second part of yours is more that they think States with lower vaccination rates are more susceptible to COVID spread. So how many vaccines, boosters etc.. are we going to have to take? And you know as well as I do this is all about mail-in voting, extended voting days in order to assure another win in 2022 for your SOCIALIST/MARXIST Party. Please try and deny that one.

5. I don't know how good the data is, probably not great based on Wayland's posts, but there doesn't seem to be much cost / benefit to fudging demographic data. Really? You don't think that the data being fudged doesn't provide your MSM overlords more fodder to disparage any contradiction to the left's narrative? I would have thought you to be more informed than that. That is all I am going to say about that comment.

I will happily await your responses.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
statefan91
BBW12OG said:

Quote:

1. I don't think there was a question in there. Absolutely there was. If the vaccines work so well then why are the lefties still masking up? Are you still wearing a mask? Inquiring minds want to know.

2. I'm sure there will be many organizations mobilizing to help people get IDs if that is implemented as a requirement to vote. If that's the case then why haven't they done more to ensure that the ID deprived individuals don't already have ID's? You need an ID to cash a check, pick up a package, buy lottery tickets, purchase cigarettes, alcohol, enter certain establishments. Are you saying that demographic doesn't do any of these things? Are you saying they are incapable of obtaining an ID? Do explain.

3. I'm not sure what the venn diagram would like of people that haven't gotten the vaccine compared to people that haven't gotten an ID but I'm sure they would be happy to help people get IDs. You provided the data. What "people" are you referring to? You know the "people" you and the rest of your comrades have kept under your thumb for 50+ years in order to maintain your voting block. Go ahead and provide the information for us. I provide information on nearly every argument I make. Your turn.

4. Early reports out of Israel says Pfizer may not be as effective against Delta but they are still collecting data, thankfully it still protects well against severe cases: https://www.wsj.com/articles/pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-is-less-effective-against-delta-variant-israeli-data-show-11625572796. I'm guessing the second part of yours is more that they think States with lower vaccination rates are more susceptible to COVID spread. So how many vaccines, boosters etc.. are we going to have to take? And you know as well as I do this is all about mail-in voting, extended voting days in order to assure another win in 2022 for your SOCIALIST/MARXIST Party. Please try and deny that one.

5. I don't know how good the data is, probably not great based on Wayland's posts, but there doesn't seem to be much cost / benefit to fudging demographic data. Really? You don't think that the data being fudged doesn't provide your MSM overlords more fodder to disparage any contradiction to the left's narrative? I would have thought you to be more informed than that. That is all I am going to say about that comment.

I will happily await your responses.
1. Vaccines aren't perfect but it doesn't seem like any State is locked down at this point. The only mask mandates that I know of are unvaccinated children in education settings (like my 5 yr old at daycare) and public transportation.

2. I think your original question was about messaging that's going to be rolled out and it has snowballed into questions about IDs. I don't think they're really related but I am sure if it becomes a requirement that you show ID to vote then it will get the proper attention you're requesting. Why it hasn't been done so far is likely because it's not been required.

3. I provided links to data as an answer to your question about where the data is coming from on communities that would receive attention from a vaccine education / information effort. I don't know what other information you are looking for.

4. I don't know how many vaccines / boosters you are going to take. Many States are putting in restrictions on mail-in voting and absentee so I'm not sure how that would be affected by the Federal Government educating citizens about vaccine efficacy and safety.

5. No I don't.
BBW12OG
Quote:

5. No I don't.
I already knew you didn't. The fact you fail to see any media bias or manipulation by the media says a lot. At least you are willing to engage. I applaud you for that.

The SOCIALIST/ MARXIST government that you and your party are pushing this country toward is obvious. At least you have come to terms with it and are no longer disparaging my remarks or denying them. I also applaud that.

Best of luck in 2022. You and your comrades are in for a rude awakening.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
statefan91
I guess I wonder what data you think is being fudged? Do you have estimates of what data on vaccination rates really is?
Packchem91
statefan91 said:

I guess I wonder what data you think is being fudged? Do you have estimates of what data on vaccination rates really is?
They seem low to me when I see my county is still only at 40%....but that is based only on feedback from people I know and have discussed....the only person I've personally heard from who had not gotten the shot was the nurse who gave me my first one -- and she suffered from lupus, so was still working thru the process with her docs.

That said, while I distrust this admin (and the last one) to do anything w/o trying to do it to curry supporters....your comments earlier on this topic are very reasonable.

I suspect there is a lot of value that can be gained if approached on a purely medical best advice basis particularly in inner city and more rural environments where often times either lack of transportation, lack of medical care already, and for lack of a better word, ignorance, exists. Coupled with, these same areas are also likely the most susceptible to having existing health concerns that make them worse off anyway.

I doubt it would be real wise to spend lots of times in the wealthy, 2-parent neighborhoods of western Union County where most people have the tools to be informed, for example, but in the poor Hispanic and Black neighborhoods also in this county, I'd suspect there really are folks who are just either ignorant, or unreasonably afraid of the vaccines.
Now...they should not be "forced" to comply...but if this is about insuring they have medical guidance, and awareness of the ease of access, etc....
packgrad
It's a complete waste of time and money sending people into communities to "educate" them on the virus and vaccines. But that is about what is to be expected from the Democrat party these days. Virtue signaling gestures with zero effect (when they're not ramming through legislation with negative effect).
Packchem91
packgrad said:

It's a complete waste of time and money sending people into communities to "educate" them on the virus and vaccines. But that is about what is to be expected from the Democrat party these days. Virtue signaling gestures with zero effect (when they're not ramming through legislation with negative effect).
So its your claim that 100% of the population are informed and have made their decisions? I doubt either of us have empirical data to support it, but I don't buy that.

Especially given the amount of disinformation that is out there. While I haven't spoken to anyone here....I've been told from a community leader that the area I'll be visiting in Honduras later this month is dead set against the vaccine because they believe it will commonly cause sterility. They didn't hear this from a doctor, but a known outspoken person in the community.

Different country, but that culture is here too, and I suspect there are many more like that, and even natural citizens here who have been unduly scared of the vaccines by family members and others who are speaking out of ignorance (or political division).

Now....if your argument is "yeah, but its not worth it"....well, I don't know how to argue that.

packgrad
Ok.
statefan91
Agreed - probably makes most sense to target places where people haven't had the time to look into the safety and efficacy of the vaccines, whether that's due to lack of resources (internet, personal friends that are in jobs like doctors) , lack of time (working a lot of hours at manual labor jobs that don't allow for browsing the internet and reading), or lack of interest.
packgrad
statefan91 said:

Agreed - probably makes most sense to target places where people haven't had the time to look into the safety and efficacy of the vaccines, whether that's due to lack of resources (internet, personal friends that are in jobs like doctors) , lack of time (working a lot of hours at manual labor jobs that don't allow for browsing the internet and reading), or lack of interest.

So "make believe" places in the United States with no internet where people work manual labor jobs that don't allow time to read. Lol. Godalmighty.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

So "make believe" places in the United States with no internet where people work manual labor jobs that don't allow time to read. Lol. Godalmighty.
You mean like all the kids who just disappeared from schools once everything went virtual....yeah, i think there are plenty of lower income folks whom either lack adequate exposure to the internet, or don't have the support infrastructure, etc to use if effectively.
Sure...call that the dumbing down of America, but if we all agree the vaccines are generally effective at stopping spread/preventing deaths, then it seems reasonable.
Again, targeted audience here...not boil the ocean for every American.
First Page Last Page
Page 302 of 565

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.