Coronavirus

2,001,320 Views | 19843 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Werewolf
Oldsouljer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Daviewolf83 said:

Steve Williams said:

So, again playing devil's advocate, couldn't you in effect turn it off and on to get whatever overall numbers you'd like to achieve? What a damn shame that our government has become so untrustworthy that anyone (mainly me) would even ponder this notion.
According to Mandy, when this question came up months ago (regarding the high CT value used by the NCDHHS lab), she deferred the question to the equipment suppliers. She basically said they were following their guidance on the appropriate CT value for the text equipment. If I remember correctly, the NCDHHS lab uses PCR test equipment supplied by Thermo Fisher Scientific.

In the NY Times article published months ago on this topic, they singled out the NCDHHS lab and the higher value used by the lab. In the article, they included input from several people familiar with PCR testing and the appropriate CT values for coronavirus testing. These experts indicated in the article that CT values above 30 were likely returning positive test results for people who are likely not infectious.
None of this raises my opinion of Cooper's medical puppet in the least but I would like to know if the AVERAGE result of NC patients includes a CT value of above 30 or not, and for that matter, whether or not they're viewing the amplification in log scale or not. I'm not conversant with Thermo Fisher cyclers, since I use Bio-rad gear but I assume they're similar.
Wayland
So the ED % of CLI (again not COVID positive just COVID LIKE SYMPTOMS) is almost back to 2018-2019 numbers.

For those admitted WITH COVID. Numbers (and ICUs) way down.

GuerrillaPack
BBW12OG
And just like that... the lefties have abandoned all comments.....wonder why?

You have to admire their tenacity, their where with all and dedication. Up until they are presented with the facts.

The very same ones that were clamoring for masks, lock downs, staying at home etc... all of a sudden disappear. Is it because of a "certain" poster or the facts that are all of a sudden not aligning with their narratives?

I'm just asking....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Packchem91
Wayland, that bottom graph is beautiful - particularly just the drop in hospitalizations since the winter time to now.
Daviewolf83
There has been a lot of discussion recently about how effective the J&J vaccine is against variants, particularly the new Delta variant. Based on data from the earlier trials and recent data, it appears the vaccine is effective against all of the known variants.

Some recent posts by the press and even on this site have unfairly targeted the J&J vaccine. For example, several people jumped to the conclusion that the State baseball players who were vaccinated and tested positive in Omaha for the Delta variant must have received the J&J vaccine. First, I do not know that anyone has publicly stated which vaccine they received. Additionally, statements made with regards to the J&J vaccine's effectiveness versus the Delta variant were misleading.

I have said it before, all of the current vaccines approved for use in the US are effective in preventing severe illness, hospitalization, and death for all known variants of the virus.

statefan91
Davie - random question but figure you may know. With the mRNA technology being a vaccine that basically gives our bodies instructions on how to identify the spike protein when it comes in on COVID and therefore destroy COVID, couldn't it be assumed that we may not need "boosters" for a very, very long time if at all? This is not to say that another COVID type illness that uses something different than a spike protein won't come along, but it seems as long as the mRNA instructions are in the body that we will be relatively protected?
MayorStoner
I think some of you are over thinking this vaccine.

Just think of the flu shot. Something I've gotten every year the last 10 years. Same thing pretty much, and it's also a coronavirus. The flu vaccine I'm positive is why the covid vaccine was able to be developed so fast.

Anyways, I'm betting covid shots will be a thing each year just like flu shots.
PackFansXL
Daviewolf83 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

If you still believe the Scamdemic is real, get ready to be injected every 12 months. The "experts" say the "vaccines" don't provide permanent immunity.

Not all the experts are saying this. Some of the infectious disease doctors I have been following believe immunity will be long-lasting. Of course, the virus could mutate to a large enough extent to require a booster (like the yearly flu), but it is all speculation at this point. If a drug manufacturer or someone associated with a drug manufacturer suggests we need boosters, I would suggest ignoring them. It all depends on the virus and its mutations. So far, all of the vaccines we have seem to provide some level of protection against all known variants.

The following Tweet from Dr. Monica Gandhi (infectious disease doctor) provides some good information on T-Cells and their likelihood to protect against variants.

For those who missed the post indicating long term effectiveness of the vaccines. I encourage everyone to click on the doctor's tweet. It takes you to a great article that makes a strong case for potentially life long effectiveness of the vaccines against Covid.
BBW12OG
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
RunsWithWolves26
Seeing the running 7 day average going up but still nowhere near a year ago this time. Hoping it stays in a slow climb and then levels.out and begins to fall again.
Civilized
LOLOL

Well played
GuerrillaPack
My new favorite tennis player...

https://instagr.am/p/CQ2o6rdt5TK
RunsWithWolves26
Good for him. That's his right and he should be able to refuse the vaccine if he doesn't want it. Just as others should be able to get the vaccine if they want it.
bigeric
His preferred method of vaccination is to catch the disease. If he hasn't already.
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
GuerrillaPack
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Good for him. That's his right and he should be able to refuse the vaccine if he doesn't want it. Just as others should be able to get the vaccine if they want it.

Agree. And that means, for instance, that people shouldn't be pressuring Wolfpack baseball players (and other athletes) into taking these injections. In no way should taking these injections be made mandatory for ANYTHING - including playing sports, going to school, flying on a plane, etc.

No one is trying to prevent or punish people from taking these injections. But we have a whole host of governments and powerful corporations and other organizations (eg, NCAA) pressuring and coercing people to take them, and punishing those who exercise their right not to.
TheStorm
bigeric said:

His preferred method of vaccination is to catch the disease. If he hasn't already.
LOL. I went over an entire year without catching it with doing no more than wearing a cloth "gaiter" type mask and going about my life as I always did... neither did my wife (working retail in an "essential business") who historically gets sick if she even hears somebody sneeze in the same room with her... but whatever, I wasn't in the "over 75 years old" demographic and I don't have any "ongoing health issues" that I am aware of other than being "older" than I want to be and weighing more than I should (or would like )...
ciscopack
Anyone have Covid predictions on Dec., Jan., Feb. and March in the US?
Oldsouljer
ciscopack said:

I predict it will be 10% Covid and 90% political.
Packchem91
ciscopack said:

Per CNN, pretty much all the south will be dead.
bigeric
^^
You're overestimating the Covid.
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
MayorStoner
I remember when the Liberal California Soccer moms were the targets of criticism, and rightly so, in the past by those on the right for not getting their kids vaccinated because they claimed it caused autism....which was a silly and very flawed argument from what I can remember. Now those on the right are following along the same lines with the covid vaccine. To each their own, I dont really care if you get vaccinated or not, but I do want to point out the irony lol
Ripper
MayorStoner said:

I remember when the Liberal California Soccer moms were the targets of criticism, and rightly so, in the past by those on the right for not getting their kids vaccinated because they claimed it caused autism....which was a silly and very flawed argument from what I can remember. Now those on the right are following along the same lines with the covid vaccine. To each their own, I dont really care if you get vaccinated or not, but I do want to point out the irony lol

Huh, the Christian Right has been vary of vaccines for the last few decades. The Left has been critical of the autism related anti vaxxers. I don't see any irony here. Each vaccine and situation is different, and different groups of individuals decide if a vaccine is a danger or just not for them.

For Covid, the fatality rate is very small. This isn't Ebola (90%) or even Small Pox (30%). I don't blame anyone under 40 for not getting an EUA vaccine. That decision is akin to not getting the annual flu shot.
MayorStoner
Ripper said:

MayorStoner said:

Huh, the Christian Right has been vary of vaccines for the last few decades. The Left has been critical of the autism related anti vaxxers. I don't see any irony here. Each vaccine and situation is different, and different groups of individuals decide if a vaccine is a danger or just not for them.

For Covid, the fatality rate is very small. This isn't Ebola (90%) or even Small Pox (30%). I don't blame anyone under 40 for not getting an EUA vaccine. That decision is akin to not getting the annual flu shot.
you sure bout that? I always thought it was those cali soccer moms that had that rep for being against getting their kids vaccinated
GuerrillaPack
MayorStoner said:

Ripper said:

MayorStoner said:

you sure bout that? I always thought it was those cali soccer moms that had that rep for being against getting their kids vaccinated

I think, in general, those on the ideological right-wing are more opposed to vaccinations, and skeptical of their alleged "safety". We can see that, for example, in how very blue states (such as Vermont, Massachusetts) have much higher rates of covid vaccination than red states (Alabama, Wyoming). But I suspect that this is largely driven by the ideological divide in the white population.

What I find interesting is that rates of covid vaccination are significantly lower in the black and hispanic community than whites. Why is that? For blacks, perhaps they are very skeptical (and rightly so) due to things like the Tuskegee experiment.
ciscopack
I have a 60 year old cousin that just got vaccinated today and he's been talking crap about it for months. His 3 grand kids had been banned and he likes the odds at the Million$.
packgrad
MayorStoner said:

Hilarious that you think a mumps measles vaccine for a child is the same as a Coronavirus vaccine for a child. To each their own though.
WarrenPeace
ciscopack said:

I have a 60 year old cousin that just got vaccinated today and he's been talking crap about it for months. His 3 grand kids had been banned and he likes the odds at the Million$.

Suckaaaaa
ciscopack
GOP governors implore residents to overcome vaccine hesitancy as delta variant rises
ciscopack
packgrad said:

MayorStoner said:

Hilarious that you think a mumps measles vaccine for a child is the same as a Coronavirus vaccine for a child. To each their own though.
I think 0-6 year old children should rebel against all vaccines! They should be up in arms about other humans putting vaccines in their arms/butts/shoulders. Don't trust them young people; they are trying to control your young brains. They're putting electronics in you. Who's to say we would not be better off without ... Hepatitis B...

GuerrillaPack
I identify as fully vaccinated, and anyone who questions that is a hateful bigot.
packgrad
ciscopack said:

packgrad said:

MayorStoner said:

I think 0-6 year old children should rebel against all vaccines! They should be up in arms about other humans putting vaccines in their arms/butts/shoulders. Don't trust them young people; they are trying to control your young brains. They're putting electronics in you. Who's to say we would not be better off without ... Hepatitis B...

TheStorm
I've seen some real loons on the different boards over the years, but... and I'll just leave it at that.
BBW12OG
TheStorm said:

I've seen some real loons on the different boards over the years, but... and I'll just leave it at that.
At least your post didn't get deleted this morning!
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
packgrad
Was in OIB for the holiday weekend. Did not see ONE person wearing a mask in any grocery store, restaurant, or retail shop we stopped in. The dance is over.
First Page Last Page
Page 301 of 567

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.