Coronavirus

2,000,553 Views | 19842 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Werewolf
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Packchem91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

So I'm reading through the news and ai come across an article on NBC from a group of doctors that said that they suspected that the virus originated from a bad but didn't want to say it because they didn't want to be associated with Trump. That can't be real ..right?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna1191?__twitter_impression=true
I think its real. I think the fear of being associated with Trump by your peers....of being a "MAGA", was very very real. Easier to live in the echo chamber than challenge that popular opinion at times.
So the drug that Trump said was helpful was actually helpful and politicians in states refused to let people have it because Trump said they should? Now doctors are saying that the virus came from a lab but didn't want to say that before because Trump said it?

I get that Trump can run his mouth and go over the top a bit but damn dude.....stuff like that is a whole other level than anything Trump ever said or did...and Trump will still be viewed as the bad guy.

Trump railed against politicians and doctors and was demonized about it for not trusting the science while at the same time the people in charge of the science were more than happy to lie in order to make Trump look bad....wow man
I hear you cowboy and don't completely disagree. Like I've said a million times on here, the MSM is biased and has an agenda. I don't argue this point.

I do push back though when in hindsight people act like actors act the way they did with Trump because he's allegedly conservative or Republican (even though he's barely either) and not because he's a blowhard that says a ton of **** that's just patently false to craft a reality that's beneficial or comfortable to himself.

Here's are my related questions.

Did Trump know that his Kung Flu came from the lab in Wuhan or that hydroxychloriquine + azithromycin increased survival in specifically in ventilated COVID patients when he said those things?

How could he have, when we still don't even know those things definitively now?

Were there other political benefits for Trump to say these things?

If the media or medical establishment knew that Trump didn't know these things that he was saying were true and that he was just hoping that they were for his own political benefit and not because there was good evidence they were, should they reasonably push back on that?
Man you are definitely 100% obsessed with that man...
BBW12OG
Not sure if you mean me or Trump! LMAO.... He's definitely in need of some therapy of some sort. Maybe if he puts on his p*$$^ hat and screams at the sky again he will feel better....God knows he needs something.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
RunsWithWolves26
BBW12OG said:

Mormad said:

IseWolf22 said:

Packchem91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

So I'm reading through the news and ai come across an article on NBC from a group of doctors that said that they suspected that the virus originated from a bad but didn't want to say it because they didn't want to be associated with Trump. That can't be real ..right?

I think its real. I think the fear of being associated with Trump by your peers....of being a "MAGA", was very very real. Easier to live in the echo chamber than challenge that popular opinion at times.
It's a symptom of politics becoming in increasingly high stakes sport where everything is us vs. them. It's the same as people who didn't want to take masks off after vaccination purely because they didn't want to "look like a Trump supporter." Yes I know people who said that

... Or bring told you're somehow complicit in racism if you voted Trump.
Agree 100%..... and with the power that the social medial overlords have they controlled the narrative.

I've even had a couple of posts on this very thread deleted this morning.

Quote:

What's your thoughts on this? Are you taking steps to pretext against it or just going about your daily routine? Has it changed the way you do things at all? Let's try to keep this from being political. Thanks
I posted this quote by the poster who started this thread who seems to like to delete posts he doesn't agree with and said that it was from the beginning political. It has always been about politics and removing Donald J. Trump from office at all costs.

The costs were 100's of thousands of lives if not more. I hope that this one will remain up. If not... at least a few of you can see the hypocrisy in thinking this wasn't ever about politics.

Can you show me exactly in that wonderful post of mine that you quoted where I said it was political? Thanks in advance.
BBW12OG
RunsWithWolves26 said:

BBW12OG said:

Mormad said:

IseWolf22 said:

Packchem91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

It's a symptom of politics becoming in increasingly high stakes sport where everything is us vs. them. It's the same as people who didn't want to take masks off after vaccination purely because they didn't want to "look like a Trump supporter." Yes I know people who said that

Agree 100%..... and with the power that the social medial overlords have they controlled the narrative.

Quote:

What's your thoughts on this? Are you taking steps to pretext against it or just going about your daily routine? Has it changed the way you do things at all? Let's try to keep this from being political. Thanks
I posted this quote by the poster who started this thread who seems to like to delete posts he doesn't agree with and said that it was (not) from the beginning political. It has always been about politics and removing Donald J. Trump from office at all costs.

The costs were 100's of thousands of lives if not more. I hope that this one will remain up. If not... at least a few of you can see the hypocrisy in thinking this wasn't ever about politics.

Can you show me exactly in that wonderful post of mine that you quoted where I said it was political? Thanks in advance.
My bad... typo... YOU said from the beginning to keep "politics out of it.."

I didn't reread my post. I will do better next time so as not to misquote or misrepresent my dedicated followers.

I should have proofed my post so as to not have misquoted you.

But... you should thank me. My mistake actually made you look a lot better. It was and always has been political. Read my post and you will see that I was clearly pointing out the fact that you started a thread claiming it had nothing to do with politics when in FACT it was 100% about politics and now the entire world knows it. And the information that is being slowly leaked out is only the tip of the iceberg.

You are welcome.

*I edited but left the original script in play to let everyone know when I make a mistake I own it. I don't delete it and then act like it never happened. Again, my apologies. I should have proof read my post.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
RunsWithWolves26
BBW12OG said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

BBW12OG said:

Mormad said:

IseWolf22 said:

Packchem91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Quote:

I posted this quote by the poster who started this thread who seems to like to delete posts he doesn't agree with and said that it was (not) from the beginning political. It has always been about politics and removing Donald J. Trump from office at all costs.

I didn't reread my post. I will do better next time so as not to misquote or misrepresent my dedicated followers.

But... you should thank me. My mistake actually made you look a lot better. It was and always has been political. Read my post and you will see that I was clearly pointing out the fact that you started a thread claiming it had nothing to do with politics when in FACT it was 100% about politics and now the entire world knows it. And the information that is being slowly leaked out is only the tip of the iceberg.

You are welcome.

*I edited but left the original script in play to let everyone know when I make a mistake I own it. I don't delete it and then act like it never happened. Again, my apologies. I should have proof read my post.

Again, can you show me in that wonderful quote of mine that you got a so excited about posting where I said it had nothing to do with politics? Thanks in advance.
BBW12OG
RunsWithWolves26 said:

BBW12OG said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

BBW12OG said:

Mormad said:

IseWolf22 said:

Packchem91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Quote:

You are welcome.

Again, can you show me in that wonderful quote of mine that you got a so excited about posting where I said it had nothing to do with politics? Thanks in advance.
Damn... are you missing me or something. I have no desire to interact with you. You already deleted two posts today that had zero issues other than you didn't like who posted them. You have a vendetta against me and it is well known.

The first post of the thread back in February 2020. You are playing semantics like you always do. You know damn well what you meant when you posted it. I'll leave it at that and this is my last response to you on the subject matter.

No way am I going to let you bait me into saying something that will break board rules. Here is the post that I am referring to.
Quote:

"try to keep this from being political..." It was always political whether you want/wanted to accept it or not is up to you. You didn't want politics involved in the thread when you started it. Anyone with a minimal understanding of the English language interprets that into meaning that "politics have nothing to do with this thread..."

My faux pas made you look like Nostradamus. Again, you are welcome.

Have a good evening.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
wilmwolf
JFC. I think this one has run it's course.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
packgrad
wilmwolf80 said:

JFC. I think this one has run it's course.

No. Unfollow. Easy solution.
RunsWithWolves26
BBW12OG said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

BBW12OG said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

BBW12OG said:

Mormad said:

IseWolf22 said:

Packchem91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Quote:

You are welcome.

Damn... are you missing me or something. I have no desire to interact with you. You already deleted two posts today that had zero issues other than you didn't like who posted them. You have a vendetta against me and it is well known.

The first post of the thread back in February 2020. You are playing semantics like you always do. You know damn well what you meant when you posted it. I'll leave it at that and this is my last response to you on the subject matter.

No way am I going to let you bait me into saying something that will break board rules. Here is the post that I am referring to.
Quote:

"try to keep this from being political..." It was always political whether you want/wanted to accept it or not is up to you. You didn't want politics involved in the thread when you started it. Anyone with a minimal understanding of the English language interprets that into meaning that "politics have nothing to do with this thread..."

Have a good evening.

You said I posted something I didn't. You got called out twice and then you resort to symantics, whine and cry because you got called out. I know exactly what I meant when I posted it and I posted exactly what I meant. I'm sure it's just because I'm one of those idiots you talk about because I wear a mask but don't come here telling me what I meant. You made your worthless accusation twice. You got called out twice and then you resort to your continuing childish bull***** You couldn't answer the question obviously. Next time, try harder or at least have a coherent and truthful response back to yet another one of your pathetic accusations.
packgrad
RunsWithWolves26 said:

BBW12OG said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

BBW12OG said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

BBW12OG said:

Mormad said:

IseWolf22 said:

Packchem91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Quote:

You are welcome.

Quote:

Have a good evening.

You said I posted something I didn't. You got called out twice and then you resort to symantics, whine and cry because you got called out. I know exactly what I meant when I posted it and I posted exactly what I meant. I'm sure it's just because I'm one of those idiots you talk about because I wear a mask but don't come here telling me what I meant. You made your worthless accusation twice. You got called out twice and then you resort to your continuing childish bull***** You couldn't answer the question obviously. Next time, try harder or at least have a coherent and truthful response back to yet another one of your pathetic accusations.

The "mod" that cusses at posters, then deletes his posts, trying to call out other posters for how they post. Classic. Social media!!!!
GuerrillaPack
Vaccination rates by race/ethnicity are interesting. Nationwide, 45% of whites, 36% of Hispanics, and 32% of blacks have been vaccinated.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/
BBW12OG
packgrad said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

BBW12OG said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

BBW12OG said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

BBW12OG said:

Mormad said:

IseWolf22 said:

Packchem91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Quote:

You are welcome.

Quote:

Have a good evening.

The "mod" that cusses at posters, then deletes his posts, trying to call out other posters for how they post. Classic. Social media!!!!

Not sure where I was "crying" in my response.... but... again... I'm taking he high road on this one.

*this one is copied.... and saved.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
RunsWithWolves26
The "poster" that insults, belittles, and supports someone who does the same to anyone who doesn't see it his way, trying to call out other posters for how they post. Classic. Social media!!!!
BBW12OG
RunsWithWolves26 said:

The "poster" that insults, belittles, and supports someone who does the same to anyone who doesn't see it his way, trying to call out other posters for how they post. Classic. Social media!!!!
My hero....

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
RunsWithWolves26
I'm flattered. Thank you.
Mormad
Does that mean you guys are done??
GuerrillaPack
GuerrillaPack said:

Vaccination rates by race/ethnicity are interesting. Nationwide, 45% of whites, 36% of Hispanics, and 32% of blacks have been vaccinated.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/

Also, these numbers don't jive at all with the claims in most other "reports" that around 65% of adults have currently taken at least one shot. The numbers at this link (from the CDC) indicate that around 40% of the total population (adults and children) have taken at least one shot, which would correspond to around maybe 50% of adults taking at least one shot, considering that very few under 18 years old have taken the shots.

Why is there this huge disparity in the numbers they are giving us? I'm inclined to believe the lower numbers are more accurate, and that only around 40% of the total population (and 50% of adults) have taken at least one shot.
bigeric
Mormad said:

One may hope.
Too many one-trick ponies in this thread to the extent corona virus can no longer discussed.
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
wilmwolf
I thought this article was interesting, forgive me if it has been posted and lost in the fog this thread has become of late. Nothing new that I haven't been saying the whole time, but interesting to see it being put out there.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-shutdowns-and-masks-suit-the-elite-11624038950?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/TA9X4Fm3QA
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Civilized
It's fascinating to go back to the beginning of the thread and read through, following people's thoughts and actions as COVID exploded in the US and as our understanding of and response to the situation struggled to keep up.

Don't want to go back to those days anytime soon but hope lessons learned make next time more manageable.
ciscopack
Civilized said:

It's fascinating to go back to the beginning of the thread and read through, following people's thoughts and actions as COVID exploded in the US and as our understanding of and response to the situation struggled to keep up.

Don't want to go back to those days anytime soon but hope lessons learned make next time more manageable.
We'll go back! HUMANS
packgrad
ciscopack said:

Civilized said:

We'll go back! HUMANS

No we won't. Never again will the collective allow government overreach like what happened with extended lockdowns and what not. Especially now that it's becoming obvious that the extended lockdowns were primarily political. It's unfortunate too. There will probably be a need for people to do as they did with this lockdown, but because the left and the media wanted to usurp a president this time and ruin a reasoned response to the virus, no one will listen in the future. Except for the people that still wear their masks everywhere because it's their entire identity now.
BBW12OG
Mormad said:

Until he misses me.....!!

And Mormad... I once again would like to extend a very sincere Thank You to you and PA.... You two have done and are still doing an amazing job keeping us informed.

Appreciate all you two do.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Daviewolf83
Civilized said:

I do worry some lessons have still not been learned. As an example, when the virus outbreak began, it was believed by most public health professionals that transmission would be similar to the yearly flu and as such, a significant vector for transmission would be kids in schools. As a result, schools were closed across the country in the US. By mid to late Summer, the evidence indicated transmission from kids to adults was not a significant vector and for the most part, kids who contracted the virus were asymptomatic. Yet, schools in many states and large cities stayed remote for the entire year. As a result, our country and many leaders have done significant damage to a large portion of the population that will be felt for years to come.

I am still concerned that several school districts and large cities will return to virtual school in the Fall and require mask wearing for the students, even though several infectious disease experts have said this is the wrong approach, given current case rates and hospitalization rates.

Here are some random thoughts on the things I believe we have learned:

1. Lockdowns of economies is only marginally effective at best in reducing the spread of the virus. I have started to see studies coming out on this topic and most only show limited effects of a lockdown in limiting the spread of the virus.

2. Masks are marginally effective in specific (not all) settings in reducing the spread. Those settings are indoors, where ventilation might be poor and in other situations where people have to be in close proximity with other people. In outdoor settings, masks are not incrementally helpful in reducing the spread of the aerosol viruses. Study after study now show the requirement to wear masks in outdoor settings, even when people are close together (less than 3-6 feet) is not required to reduce the spread of the virus.

3. Absent vaccines and herd immunity, it is extremely difficult in a free and open society to stop the spread of airborne viruses. Only when severe and draconian steps age taken, can the spread of an airborne virus be stopped by government action. For example, in China, when the outbreak was raging in Wuhan, people were "forced" to remain indoors and not allowed to leave their house or apartment. In some cases, they were "imprisoned" in their houses and if they left, they were arrested. In South Korea, it was mandatory for people to install apps on their phones and all had to consent to having their locations tracked by the apps. Failure to do so resulted in significant fines. Additionally, people who did not comply with voluntary quarantine after coming in contact with a Covid positive person were placed in involuntary quarantine and subjected to fines. In country such as the US, steps such as these would be a clear violation of Constitutional rights. Additionally, given the structure of the US's governmental system, States have significant freedom from the Federal government that makes it difficult for a central government to impose its "rules" (remember no laws were passed for any Covid restrictions) uniformly across the entire nation. I have actually talked to coworkers in other countries about this point and they really have no understanding of this fact (many in the US do not understand this concept either).

4. Politicians and large organizations will use a crisis, such as a pandemic, to increase their power and influence over others. This not a new concept and we have seen it play out very clearly this entire year. I could go into great length here, but I think most everyone gets it.

5. For airborne viruses, ventilation is the key to reducing transmission. The better the ventilation, the lower the rate of transmission. This fact has been known for decades and was a key to dealing with the Spanish Flu. Yet, many seemed to be surprised at how effective ventilation is in reducing the spread of Covid and other airborne viruses. Remember all of the scary, outdoor "super-spreader" events last Summer and during the last political campaign? None of those events have been tied to large outbreaks of the virus following those events. Why? They were outdoors and the fact they were crowded did not matter.

6. Taking temperatures for people entering establishments and cleaning surfaces are two things we learned are not important to reduce the spread of the virus that causes Covid-19. I talked to an employee of a restaurant my wife and I frequent weekly and he said they had returned to their typical cleaning practices and the additional cleanings had been doing had been discontinued. With regards to temperature taking, this should have ended late last Fall, but many places continue with this practice, despite its ineffectiveness in finding people who might be infected.

7. Putting up plexiglass in schools and in other businesses was not effective in reducing the spread and a couple of new studies make the case it may have contributed to higher spread of the virus, since the plexiglass disrupted the natural airflow in a room. See point 5 for more on this.

8. Social media is a horrible place and is not conducive to helping to maintain a free and open society. On the contrary, it is quite detrimental to a free and open society. Why? It s simple - social media is not free and it is not open. It is manipulated by bad actors to limit information that does not "conform" to their norms and beliefs.

9. The Chinese Communist Party is not your friend and should not be considered to be a friend to the US and other free nations, and they will only operate to serve their interests. They will never be truthful if it makes them look bad. They will never provide the information required to determine the origins of CoV-SARS-2.

Daviewolf83
Below is a graph that shows the latest vaccinations by age group for NC. Please note that over 50% of the "adult" population is now fully vaccinated and partial vaccination is approaching 60% and should exceed 60% in by mid to late July at current vaccination rates (~140k doses per week).

As far as vaccination by race is concerned, here are the following results for NC.

What this graph shows it the following:
  • African-Americans make up 23% of the population in NC and of those receiving their first dose, 18% have been African American.
  • For White people, they make up 72% of the total population in NC and of those receiving their first dose, 69% have been White.
  • For the Asian population, they are getting vaccinated at a rate that matches their percentage of the population.

For African-Americans, there a couple of factors that lead to their lower participation rates:
  • Historical and justified distrust in vaccinations
  • Difficulty in reaching vaccination locations
  • Inability to take time-off from work to get vaccinated and deal with the associated side-effects

The second and third points listed above likely also effects the level of White participation, but it may not be to the same proportion. The first point is definitely an impact and is a reason why there needs to be concerted efforts to address this point.
BBW12OG
Sorry Davie... I did not mean to ignore your contributions to this thread.... Wayland as well...

The statistical information has been very informative and insightful. The work y'all do is amazing.

A lot gets caught up in the mire on message boards. Always good to have experts weigh in...

Let the rest of us distort the facts as we see fit...
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Civilized
Great stuff Davie!
TheStorm
Daviewolf83 said:

Below is a graph that shows the latest vaccinations by age group for NC. Please note that over 50% of the "adult" population is now fully vaccinated and partial vaccination is approaching 60% and should exceed 60% in by mid to late July at current vaccination rates (~140k doses per week).

As far as vaccination by race is concerned, here are the following results for NC.

What this graph shows it the following:
  • African-Americans make up 23% of the population in NC and of those receiving their first dose, 18% have been African American.
  • For White people, they make up 72% of the total population in NC and of those receiving their first dose, 69% have been White.
  • For the Asian population, they are getting vaccinated at a rate that matches their percentage of the population.

For African-Americans, there a couple of factors that lead to their lower participation rates:
  • Historical and justified distrust in vaccinations
  • Difficulty in reaching vaccination locations
  • Inability to take time-off from work to get vaccinated and deal with the associated side-effects

The second and third points listed above likely also effects the level of White participation, but it may not be to the same proportion. The first point is definitely an impact and is a reason why there needs to be concerted efforts to address this point.
I'm not surprised by any of either the age or race statistics... I'd be a little easier (in my opinion anyway) if they just listed that x% of the total population of Asian-Americans have been vaccinated, x% of African-Americans, x% of White Supremacists, etc.... I think that would give a little better picture.

Then, I'd love to see those specific numbers broken down by age.

And none of who hasn't gotten vaccinated yet has anything to do with access, transportation, etc... people who haven't gotten vaccinated yet either aren't interested in getting vaccinated or are just lazy.
caryking
Why do we keep up with those specific numbers? Are we being tracked?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
RunsWithWolves26
pineknollshoresking said:

We sure are. Every single second of every single day via our cellphones.
TheStorm
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Haven't you seen the new iPhone commercial?
caryking
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Yea, yea, yea... i know that. I'm being specific about the vaccines.

Joe Biden
RunsWithWolves26

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Maybe, maybe not. Regardless, we are all being tracked.
caryking
RunsWithWolves26 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

How do we get the statistics, previously posted, if they are now gathering data?

Joe Biden
RunsWithWolves26

RunsWithWolves26 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

How do we get the statistics, previously posted, if they are now gathering data?

Well, when you go get your shot, you answer the questions on a piece of paper pertaining to your age, rac, sex, etc. I'm guessing that's how they keep up with the information. Just a guess though. I guess they could be tracking us all.
First Page Last Page
Page 296 of 567

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.