Coronavirus

2,010,692 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Werewolf
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The President is still doing well.

redsteel33
Daviewolf83
Daviewolf83 said:

While Wayland is enjoying a well-earned vacation, below is some of the data he normally supplies daily:

10/5/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
219,754 (214,209 PCR + 5545 Antigen)
NC Deaths
3606 (PCR) + 31 (Anitgen) = 3637
Currently Hospitalized
971 <- 92% reporting (was 907 at 91%)
Completed Tests
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1,905 Deaths are now Congregate (+1)
+3 Deaths Overall since yesterday

52% of Deaths are from Congregate setting

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2248 positive cases over 32,941 new tests. 6.8% positive rate. (DHHS 6.4%)

Dates of Death Reported 10/5:
10/4(1), 10/3(2), 10/2(2), 10/1(2) <== PCR Deaths
10/3(1), 10/2(1) <== Antigen Deaths

They added previously missing deaths in today's report, since the total number added is greater then the total number of new reported deaths.
10/6/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
221,258 (215,477 PCR + 5,781 Antigen)
NC Deaths
3,639 (PCR) + 31 (Anitgen) = 3,670
Currently Hospitalized
1,013 <- 97% reporting (was 971 at 92%)
Completed Tests
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1,921 Deaths are now Congregate (+16 from yesterday)
+33 Deaths Overall since yesterday

52% of Deaths are from Congregate setting (48% were Congregate today)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1268 positive cases over 22,531 new tests (DHHS reports 17,092). 5.6% positive rate. (DHHS 7.9%)

10/5(2), 10/4(12), 10/3(6), 10/2(7), 10/1(1), 9/30(2), 9/28(1), 9/26(1), 9/24(1), 9/17(1) <== PCR Deaths
No new deaths from people, verified using the Antigen test, were reported today.

Reminder that Governor Cooper is supposed to have a press briefing this afternoon at 2:00pm. I am not sure if he will highlight the increasing hospital numbers or increasing percent positive tests. Deaths had a lag in reporting the past couple of days, but like most Tuesdays, they have begun catching up on reporting today.
Bas2020
GoPack2008 said:

Steve Williams said:

There's the ongoing argument that Covid has become political. Based on what I'm seeing, Biden's entire campaign is built and focused on Covid. Clearly, in my opinion their strategy is to appeal to those who are terrified of getting sick. It's certainly no secret that the media hates Trump and he's earned a lot of that but I think the media has done a very good job of setting the table and giving the Dems something to run on. Is Covid something to be concerned with? Certainly. Has the media portrayed it in the most apocalyptic way possible? Certainly. For me, the question when deciding who to vote for- what would the democrats run on, what would their rallying cry be if Covid didn't exist? Outside of 'orange man bad', I can't come up with anything. They have the same exact platform that I've heard over and over and over and over and over- make rich Americans and corporations pay their fair share, remove tax loopholes, create millions of new jobs through clean technology. We've heard this repeatedly. Personally, in a Covid free America I don't think anyone had a snowball's chance in Hades of beating Trump.

210,000 people are dead.

Covid wouldn't be a losing issue for Trump if his administration had done anything remotely effective in handling it.

Packgrad and Bas and all the other cultists are going to jump all over this comment, but if you look at polling including in key swing states, A huge majority of Americans do not Trust Trump on covid. He could have prevented that himself.
How many of those 210,000 are really "Covid" deaths ?

The US is the ONLY NATION in the WORLD tacking on Covid as the cause of deaths when a multitude of other causes were the major factor.

People are dying in car and motorcycle accidents with Covid and are labeled as Covid Deaths.

Absurd.

The only two people I personally know (friends of friends/distant relatives etc) that died of the virus in North Carolina were 85 and 93 years old and had a multitude of underlying conditions. Both were labeled as "Covid " deaths. Crazy.

CDC themselves has said actual numbers are probably around 15,000. Republicans are absolute idiots not to hammer this home. Why on earth everybody keeps accepting the 200,000 number is beyond me.
Civilized
packgrad said:

They also don't trust radlibs like you. Saying Trump has done nothing effective just accentuates how deranged you are. You have been a cheerleader for the virus from the start. You get giddy about the numbers, cheered for sports not to start, and blame any and everything on Trump and the right. You are a truly deranged person.

I know you're disappointed that Trump has not been affected poorly by the virus. I know you'll be screaming at the sky again this November. You can cheerlead your "polling" now like you cheerlead the virus numbers and cheerleader against sports. You will be wrong again. Just another of many times.

Nearly 70% of Americans didn't trust Trump on Covid BEFORE he was the lucky winner of an expenses-paid Rona vacay at Walter Reed. Trump has to convince enough of those Americans that they were wrong, or he's not going to see a second term. Time is running out for his campaign.

As for him not being "affected poorly," none of us has much of a clue how affected he was or continues to be given his team's obfuscation about the duration and severity of his disease.

We know he was on supplemental oxygen multiple times, that his team applied for compassionate use of an as-of-yet unapproved Regeneron antibody cocktail, he was on Remdesivir antiviral, a steroid, and who knows what else. None of that screams an "asymptomatic" or "mildly symptomatic" case of the VID.

Thank goodness he seems to be recovering; him getting extremely ill or dying would have turned this somewhat garden variety Trump circus ****-show into an absolute cluster**** of mind boggling proportions.

I'm so ready to see November 3rd in the rear view mirror.
packgrad
Lol. So now we have message board posters that know more than the president's doctors in regards to how the president has handled the virus? Hilarious. If it can be framed as a negative "supplemental oxygen", "he took medicine", we believe the doctors. If it is a positive "no symptoms. He's doing well.", we can't believe it.

Also, the 70% stat/propaganda got a good chuckle.
IseWolf22
packgrad said:

Great. He's getting the best treatment available.

I do find it amusing his Doctors are not using Hydroxychloroquine
Civilized
packgrad said:

Lol. So now we have message board posters that know more than the president's doctors in regards to how the president has handled the virus? Hilarious. If it can be framed as a negative "supplemental oxygen", "he took medicine", we believe the doctors. If it is a positive "no symptoms. He's doing well.", we can't believe it.

Also, the 70% stat/propaganda got a good chuckle.

Not message board posters. Trump's Chief of Staff.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-physician-update-trumps-condition-covid-walter-reed

It's not about 'knowing more' than doctors. It's about believing the information presented is accurate and transparent. Medical experts, not just message board posters, agree that the communication has lacked transparency and potentially accuracy from the jump.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/05/meadows-trump-hospital-monday-426394

When you have your Chief of Staff pulling aside reporters after a press conference and giving them conflicting information, does that instill confidence in the portrayal of Trump's condition by his medical team?

Remember the 'healthiest' President ever letter?

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/385765-trumps-ex-doctor-says-trump-dictated-letter-claiming-he-would-be

Trump's behaved this way from jump street. Anything that doesn't describe him as the biggest/strongest/fastest gets sent back to the drawing board and edited until it's appropriately glowing.
DrummerboyWolf
IseWolf22 said:

packgrad said:

Great. He's getting the best treatment available.

I do find it amusing his Doctors are not using Hydroxychloroquine
Lots of doctors have tremendous success with HCQ. Maybe Trump's usage earlier helped.

Glenn Beck's whole family caught covid. His doctor prescribed HCQ, Zinc, and an inhaled steroid. He never tested positive, although everybody else around him did. I believe most of his family had the same cocktail of medicines and all their cases were fairly mild. HCQ has worked when given early.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
packgrad
redsteel33 said:

That is bat**** crazy.
SupplyChainPack
packgrad said:

redsteel33 said:

That is bat**** crazy.

That's California.
cowboypack02
SupplyChainPack said:

packgrad said:

redsteel33 said:

That is bat**** crazy.

That's California.

I think we should have a vote to let California leave the union. I would support that
bigeric
cowboypack02 said:

SupplyChainPack said:

packgrad said:

redsteel33 said:

That is bat**** crazy.

That's California.

I think we should have a vote to let California leave the union. I would support that
I don't think California can afford to pay for the government/military installations.
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
IseWolf22
cowboypack02 said:

SupplyChainPack said:

packgrad said:

redsteel33 said:

That is bat**** crazy.

That's California.

Too expensive. Ya'll would want the wall to extend up the CA border
Ripper
California used to be a great state under Republican and normal Dem leadership of the past.
cowboypack02
IseWolf22 said:

cowboypack02 said:

SupplyChainPack said:

packgrad said:

redsteel33 said:

That is bat**** crazy.

That's California.

We should sell California off to China....the government there has more in common with the Chinese leadership than it does with American values anyway.

We could afford the wall then
ncsualum05
cowboypack02 said:

IseWolf22 said:

cowboypack02 said:

SupplyChainPack said:

packgrad said:

redsteel33 said:

That is bat**** crazy.

That's California.

We should sell California off to China....the government there has more in common with the Chinese leadership than it does with American values anyway.

We could afford the wall then
No we couldn't afford it b/c we'd need a much bigger wall.
Daviewolf83
Daviewolf83 said:

Daviewolf83 said:

While Wayland is enjoying a well-earned vacation, below is some of the data he normally supplies daily:

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

They added previously missing deaths in today's report, since the total number added is greater then the total number of new reported deaths.

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

1268 positive cases over 22,531 new tests (DHHS reports 17,092). 5.6% positive rate. (DHHS 7.9%)

10/5(2), 10/4(12), 10/3(6), 10/2(7), 10/1(1), 9/30(2), 9/28(1), 9/26(1), 9/24(1), 9/17(1) <== PCR Deaths
No new deaths from people, verified using the Antigen test, were reported today.

Reminder that Governor Cooper is supposed to have a press briefing this afternoon at 2:00pm. I am not sure if he will highlight the increasing hospital numbers or increasing percent positive tests. Deaths had a lag in reporting the past couple of days, but like most Tuesdays, they have begun catching up on reporting today.

10/7/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
222,969 (216,943 PCR + 6,026 Antigen)
NC Deaths
3,661 (PCR) + 32 (Anitgen) = 3,693
Currently Hospitalized
1,028<- 93% reporting (was 1,013 at 97%)
Completed Tests
1,932 Deaths are now Congregate (+11 from yesterday)
+22 Deaths Overall since yesterday

52% of Deaths are from Congregate setting (50% of deaths were Congregate today)

1,466 positive cases over 18,342 new tests (DHHS reports 17,028). 8.0% positive rate. (DHHS 6.4%)

Dates of Death Reported 10/7:
10/6, 10/5(7), 10/4(2), 10/3(6), 10/2, 10/1, 9/25, 9/17, 9/11, 9/1 <== PCR Deaths
9/29(1) <== Antigen tested Death

Hospitalizations have definitely begun to head upward, along with an increase in daily cases over the past week. Daily cases are flat, but they are higher on average than a week ago and the trend is no longer down. The interesting thing is the percentage of Covid-19 patients in ICU (percentage of all hospitalized Covid patients) is less than 30%. This is down slightly from the percentage for the past couple of months. So, it appears more people are being admitted to the hospital, but the severity of those admitted is lower.

SupplyChainPack
Thanks for putting this together!
packgrad
DrummerboyWolf
Total deaths nationwide for the last three full years and total deaths this year.

Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Bas2020
Civilized
DrummerboyWolf said:

Total deaths nationwide for the last three full years and total deaths this year.

Shutdowns have decreased deaths from other causes.

Also, what would deaths this year have been without distancing, masks, and shutdowns?

That's the relevant comparison.

Wear masks. Distance. Open up.

We've got to open up but damn-sure don't need to open up without masks and distancing.
TheStorm
Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Also, what would deaths this year have been without distancing, masks, and shutdowns?

We've got to open up but damn-sure don't need to open up without masks and distancing.
From what? Going to a bar, a gym or a movie theatre?

That's a pathetic attempt on your part... how many days did you stay holed up in your house before you were brave enough to venture outside?
Civilized
TheStorm said:

That's a pathetic attempt on your part... how many days did you stay holed up in your house before you were brave enough to venture outside?

I mean this in the nicest way possible.

What the **** are you taking about?
Daviewolf83
Daviewolf83 said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Daviewolf83 said:

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

10/7/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
222,969 (216,943 PCR + 6,026 Antigen)
NC Deaths
3,661 (PCR) + 32 (Anitgen) = 3,693
Currently Hospitalized
1,028<- 93% reporting (was 1,013 at 97%)
Completed Tests
1,932 Deaths are now Congregate (+11 from yesterday)
+22 Deaths Overall since yesterday

52% of Deaths are from Congregate setting (50% of deaths were Congregate today)

1,466 positive cases over 18,342 new tests (DHHS reports 17,028). 8.0% positive rate. (DHHS 6.4%)

Dates of Death Reported 10/7:
10/6, 10/5(7), 10/4(2), 10/3(6), 10/2, 10/1, 9/25, 9/17, 9/11, 9/1 <== PCR Deaths
9/29(1) <== Antigen tested Death

Hospitalizations have definitely begun to head upward, along with an increase in daily cases over the past week. Daily cases are flat, but they are higher on average than a week ago and the trend is no longer down. The interesting thing is the percentage of Covid-19 patients in ICU (percentage of all hospitalized Covid patients) is less than 30%. This is down slightly from the percentage for the past couple of months. So, it appears more people are being admitted to the hospital, but the severity of those admitted is lower.

10/8/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
225,397 (219,162 PCR + 6,235 Antigen)
NC Deaths
3,689 (PCR) + 33 (Anitgen) = 3,693 (+29 from yesterday)
Currently Hospitalized
1,051<- 97% reporting (was 1,028 at 93%)
Completed Tests
1,951 Deaths are now Congregate (+19 from yesterday)

52% of Deaths are from Congregate setting (66% of deaths were Congregate today)

2,219 positive cases over 33,473 new tests (DHHS reports 33,074). 6.6% positive rate. (DHHS reports 5.5%)

Dates of Death Reported 10/8:
10/7(2), 10/6(9), 10/5, 10/4(3), 10/3, 10/2(3), 10/1, 9/27(2), 9/25, 9/22, 9/21, 9/20, 9/14 <== PCR Deaths
9/11 <== Antigen tested Death

A larger percentage of the deaths than normal were from Congregate facilities today (68% of all deaths reported).
Cthepack
Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

What other deaths are down because of the shutdown?
TheStorm
Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

You know exactly what I mean, you just don't want to answer the actual question.

No real surprise.
Civilized
TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

You know exactly what I mean, you just don't want to answer the actual question.

No real surprise.

You're outsmarting yourself with this cat and mouse BS.

I'm telling you I literally don't know what you're talking about.

What are you prattling on about bars, gyms, and movie theaters for?

Attempt to do what?

What 'actual question' are you referring to?

Your post made so little sense I was hoping you were talking to someone else but unfortunately for all of us that evidently isn't the case.
Mormad
Bas2020 said:

GoPack2008 said:

Steve Williams said:

There's the ongoing argument that Covid has become political. Based on what I'm seeing, Biden's entire campaign is built and focused on Covid. Clearly, in my opinion their strategy is to appeal to those who are terrified of getting sick. It's certainly no secret that the media hates Trump and he's earned a lot of that but I think the media has done a very good job of setting the table and giving the Dems something to run on. Is Covid something to be concerned with? Certainly. Has the media portrayed it in the most apocalyptic way possible? Certainly. For me, the question when deciding who to vote for- what would the democrats run on, what would their rallying cry be if Covid didn't exist? Outside of 'orange man bad', I can't come up with anything. They have the same exact platform that I've heard over and over and over and over and over- make rich Americans and corporations pay their fair share, remove tax loopholes, create millions of new jobs through clean technology. We've heard this repeatedly. Personally, in a Covid free America I don't think anyone had a snowball's chance in Hades of beating Trump.

210,000 people are dead.

Covid wouldn't be a losing issue for Trump if his administration had done anything remotely effective in handling it.

Packgrad and Bas and all the other cultists are going to jump all over this comment, but if you look at polling including in key swing states, A huge majority of Americans do not Trust Trump on covid. He could have prevented that himself.
How many of those 210,000 are really "Covid" deaths ?

The US is the ONLY NATION in the WORLD tacking on Covid as the cause of deaths when a multitude of other causes were the major factor.

People are dying in car and motorcycle accidents with Covid and are labeled as Covid Deaths.

Absurd.

The only two people I personally know (friends of friends/distant relatives etc) that died of the virus in North Carolina were 85 and 93 years old and had a multitude of underlying conditions. Both were labeled as "Covid " deaths. Crazy.

CDC themselves has said actual numbers are probably around 15,000. Republicans are absolute idiots not to hammer this home. Why on earth everybody keeps accepting the 200,000 number is beyond me.

Can i ask where you got the 15k stat?
Mormad
Convincing me to cheer for that tweet about US deaths with no further insight into the numbers is like getting me to cheer for the notion that a cop stopping the kid walking home from work near Charlotte was a racist act without any further evidence to support such a claim.
Daviewolf83
There is an interesting article in Mediate that covers a lot of information from around the world regarding Covid-19 that I would suggest people spend some time reading. It attempts to summarize several different theories that explain why we see significant differences in cases and deaths in different regions and countries around the world.

Some of the items the article touches on are:

1. Single-payer health care and its impact (or lack of impact) on outcomes.
2. The SARs "muscle memory" theory - a theory that attempts to explain why Asian countries had better outcomes than other regions
3. Are different regions getting hit by different mutations of the virus and do these differences impact virulence? This is not a new idea and I have seen other articles that talk about Europe and the US being impacted by a more virulent strain of the virus. Here is a link to a more detailed article on this theory: Tracking Changes in SARS-CoV-2 Spike
4. Impact of long-term care facilities - we know this is a big issue the US. In NC alone, we are seen more than 50% of deaths from long-term care facilities.

You can read the full article here: Measuring the COVID-19 Policy Response Around the World
IseWolf22
Cthepack said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Without looking anything up, I'd assume traffic deaths would be way down. Even now the roads are a lot less busy with so many white collar jobs working from home
Mormad
I tend to agree, but driving thru SC last night the don't drink and drive signs said SC has suffered 758 deaths this yr from car accidents. So the numbers aren't huge. But i guess it all adds up.
Pacfanweb
IseWolf22 said:

Cthepack said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Without looking anything up, I'd assume traffic deaths would be way down. Even now the roads are a lot less busy with so many white collar jobs working from home
Scratch the original post.
Total deaths down. Deaths per miles driven is up. Look at the Wiki charts, it's been up the last 4 years. Down slightly this year, but not as low as 2015.

https://usa.streetsblog.org/2020/08/31/roadway-deaths-are-way-higher-than-normal-report/

"The increase in deaths per vehicle miles traveled has been discussed widely on a piecemeal basis, with most experts attributing the increase to rampant speeding in which drivers have engaged thanks to the fewer cars on the road. Streetsblog NYC was one of the first outlets to notice the COVID-19-era nexus connecting empty roads, driver behavior and death."

First Page Last Page
Page 167 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.