Coronavirus

2,006,778 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Werewolf
PackMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Question about congregate deaths - if a staff member dies of Covid, is that considered a congregate death, or are only residents classified that way? Anybody know?
Wayland
PackMom said:

Question about congregate deaths - if a staff member dies of Covid, is that considered a congregate death, or are only residents classified that way? Anybody know?

Both are counted. But I don't believe the number of staff has been significant.
PackMom
Thanks. The retirement community where my aunt lives has had some staff members test positive, and it made me wonder how that would be counted. So far they're doing all right.
packgrad

packgrad
Far Davie and other parents. Perhaps liking and sharing is another way to lean on the governor.

Ripper
packgrad said:

Hey, don't you know cases is all that counts. Hospitalization's? Doesn't mean much. Everyone of these kids is going run home and infect and Kill their grandmother's. These granny's are waiting at their front doors, with open arms, for their grandkids to come infect them.
DrummerboyWolf
Dr. Simone Gold with a tweet the other day. Apparently The American Journal of Medicine just accepted in pre-press a study confirming that early treatment with Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin helps to significantly reduce widespread hospital resource consumption, morbidity and virus mortality rates. I think Dr. Risch from Yale had a hand in this too. So it does work.

Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Daviewolf83
packgrad said:

Far Davie and other parents. Perhaps liking and sharing is another way to lean on the governor.

I actually responded to the young man's Tweet last night with the following retweet:

"As a player parent, I agree. @NC_Governor decision to not allow 1,000 player parents to attend games is not logical. I can easily social distance & wear a mask in an effectively empty stadium (98% of seats empty). Safer than shopping with 500-1,000 strangers indoors @ Walmart."

The App player actually liked my comment.

I have Tweeted back at many people on this topic over the past several days and have written a lengthy post on Facebook. My wife and I have also been reaching out to parents at other schools in NC to try and coordinate letter writing campaigns to the Governor. Some of the parent player groups at the other universities are well organized and some are not at all. The one school we have not been able to reach out to is Duke. One parent reached out to some player parents they know associated with Duke football, but they did not really seem interested in pursuing the matter with the Governor.

After my Facebook post, I had one person tell me the Governor did not want to keep parents away from the games and it was the schools doing it. This could not be further from the truth and if anyone tells you this, they are simply ignorant of the situation and the facts.

As far as my son's school is concerned, they worked with the medical staff and doctor's at their medical school to put together several different options for the governor and DHHS to consider. These options ranged from player parents only (approximately 1,000 people in a 33,000 seat stadium - leaves 97% of the seats empty), player parents and staff families, player parents/staff families and limited students, player parents/staff families, limited students, limited fans. All options were rejected by the Governor and he stuck to his limit only allowing 50 people to meet in an outdoor gathering. We were told the Governor rejected the options because he did not want the appearance that there could be exceptions to his 50 person rule. So yes, Governor Cooper rejected the plans based on "optics" and not "science." He likes to say he is following the science, but in this case he is most certainly not doing so.

As a result, Wake Forest is going to allocate 50 tickets to player parents and provide 2 tickets for each player. The players who are in their last year of eligibility will be able to have parents at every game. If any of these players do not need the tickets for their parents, the fourth year players will have an option to request tickets, up to the max of 25 players. No visiting player parents will be allowed to attend and no boosters will be allowed to attend. All 50 tickets go to player parents. Parents attending will have assigned seats in the stadium, be allowed to enter 1 hour before the game begins, and wear a mask at all times. No concessions stands will be open and they will allow us to bring in some food (snacks) and drinks (no alcohol) in sealed containers. No coolers are allowed. My wife and I are fortunate that we will be able to attend the first game against Clemson next Saturday, but likely not the second game against Notre Dame. We will not be able to attend the away game at NC State, unless Governor Cooper changes his mind.
SupplyChainPack
packgrad said:

I'd like to learn more about this.

11K+ cases - and not one single hospitalization?

I could buy it being a very low percentage among a young, healthy population - but 0.000%?

Sounds like somebody is cooking the numbers - what is going on here?
SupplyChainPack
DrummerboyWolf said:

Dr. Simone Gold with a tweet the other day. Apparently The American Journal of Medicine just accepted in pre-press a study confirming that early treatment with Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin helps to significantly reduce widespread hospital resource consumption, morbidity and virus mortality rates. I think Dr. Risch from Yale had a hand in this too. So it does work.

This is extremely great news - that I expect to be summarily dismissed by the media.

Tootie4Pack
Davie Wolf, bless you and all of the parents and families of the athletes on all of our teams.

Cooper is a smug, smart aleck political junkie, has been all of his elected official life. He will never let the State go past phase 2.5....until after the first week in November. A shame for you parents. If North Texas State can spread out their band in 3 sections at their stadium, you can durn sure spread out 300-400 family members at CFS. And at any stadium in NC for that matter. On each side of the stadium.

I feel really bad for you and these families that can't attend games.
DrummerboyWolf
Tootie4Pack said:

Davie Wolf, bless you and all of the parents and families of the athletes on all of our teams.

Cooper is a smug, smart aleck political junkie, has been all of his elected official life. He will never let the State go past phase 2.5....until after the first week in November. A shame for you parents. If North Texas State can spread out their band in 3 sections at their stadium, you can durn sure spread out 300-400 family members at CFS. And at any stadium in NC for that matter. On each side of the stadium.

I feel really bad for you and these families that can't attend games.
It is asinine, but hey it's the worm Roy Cooper. The schools are going by the state dictates of no more than 50 people at outside gatherings. You could put 50 people in each section of Carter- Finley and never have to worry about social distancing. It's a complete crock. If anybody is thinking about voting for this idiot again, then although you cannot attend your son's game, you can send a message with your vote.
Wayland
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Quote:

8/31/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
923 <- 84% reporting (was 917 at 88%)
Completed Tests

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1368 Deaths are now Congregate (+2)
450 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (3)
+10 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

884 Deaths assumed General Population (+5)
1818 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+5)

353 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (-1)
Nursing Homes 196 -> 195
Resident Care 104 -> 104
Correctional 46 -> 46
Other 8 -> 8
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRAL is at 2716* deaths

1186 positive cases over 12899* new tests. 9.2% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 12899 but DHHS claims only `12077 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/31
8/29(5), 8/28, 8/27(3)

One new missing Date of Death
9/1/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
946 <- 92% reporting (was 923 at 84%)
Completed Tests

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1390 Deaths are now Congregate (+22)
452 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (2)
+39 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

899 Deaths assumed General Population (+15)
1842 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+24)

352 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (-1)
Nursing Homes 195 -> 193
Resident Care 104 -> 106
Correctional 46 -> 46
Other 8 -> 7
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRAL is at 2734* deaths

2111 positive cases over 39526* new tests. 5.3% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 39626 but DHHS claims only 11824 completed tests******************
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dates of Death Reported 9/1
8/31(3), 8/30(9), 8/29(16), 8/28(4), 8/27(2), 8/26(3), 8/11
9/2/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
858 <- 79% reporting (was 946 at 92%)
Completed Tests

1408 Deaths are now Congregate (+18)
461 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+9)
+38 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

910 Deaths assumed General Population (+11)
1869 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+27)

346 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (-6)
Nursing Homes 193 -> 190
Resident Care 106 -> 103
Correctional 46 -> 45
Other 7 -> 8

WRAL is at 2778* deaths

1129 positive cases over 19612* new tests. 5.8% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 19612 but DHHS claims only 15870 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/2
9/1(4), 8/31(12), 8/30(3), 8/29(4), 8/28(6),8/27, 8/26, 8/25(2), 8/24, 8/17, 8/13, 7/28

1 additional missing DoD (6 total)
9/3/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
XXX <- XX% reporting (was 858 at 79%)
Completed Tests

1419 Deaths are now Congregate (+11)
467 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+6)
+24 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

917 Deaths assumed General Population (+7)
1886 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+17)

359 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+13)
Nursing Homes 190 -> 200 <--- +10!!!!!!
Resident Care 103 -> 106
Correctional 45 -> 45
Other 8 -> 8

WRAL is at 2807* deaths

1656 positive cases over 32527* new tests. 5.1% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 32527 but DHHS claims only 20108 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/3
9/2(6), 9/1(10), 8/31(3), 8/29(2), 8/12, 6/26, 6/13
9/4/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
955 <- 82% reporting (was 858 at 77%)
Completed Tests

1443 Deaths are now Congregate (+24)
476 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+9)
+36 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

920 Deaths assumed General Population (+3)
1919 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+33)

367 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+8)
Nursing Homes 200 -> 203
Resident Care 106 -> 111
Correctional 45 -> 45
Other 8 -> 8

WRAL is at 2829* deaths

2045 positive cases over 41259* new tests. 5.0% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 41259 but DHHS claims only 23655 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/4
9/3(2), 9/2(14), 9/1(6), 8/31(2), 8/30, 8/29(3), 8/28, 8/27(2), 8/21, 8/17, 8/10, 7/12, 7/10, 7/9, 7/4

THREE GENERAL POPULATION DEATHS today.

THIRTY THREE CONGREGATE AND UNKNOWN
9/5/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
xxx <- 82% reporting (was 955 at 77%)
Completed Tests

1494 Deaths are now Congregate (+51)
472 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (-4)
+50 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

923 Deaths assumed General Population (+3)
1966 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+47)

353 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (-14)
Nursing Homes 203 -> 201
Resident Care 111 -> 102
Correctional 45 -> 42
Other 8 -> 8

1561 positive cases over 21775* new tests. 7.2% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 21775 but DHHS claims only 16975 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/5
9/4(2), 9/3(9), 9/2(6), 8/31(2), 8/30(2), 8/29(3), 8/28, 8/27(2), 8/26, 8/25(3), 8/24, 8/21, 8/20(2), 8/19, 8/18(4), 8/17(2), 8/16(2), 8/15, 8/14, 8/12(2), 8/11, 7/31

51.... FIFTY ONE.... 5 ... 1. .. CONGREGATE DEATHS TODAY.

At beach will fill in dates and numbers later.
9/6/2020 Morning DHHS update (slightly delayed due to beach time)

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
830 <- 77% reporting (was 826 at XX%)
Completed Tests

1494 Deaths are now Congregate (+0)
472 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+0)

924 Deaths assumed General Population (+1)
1966 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+0)

354 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+1)
Nursing Homes 201 -> 201
Resident Care 102 -> 102
Correctional 42 -> 43
Other 8 -> 8

1086 positive cases over 32079* new tests. 3.5% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 32079 but DHHS claims only 19925 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/6
9/5
wilmwolf
After two subsequent negative tests, my business partner's mother has been moved out of the covid wing and back into her normal room at the nursing home. According to the administrator, her one false positive test will still count towards the state totals.
Mormad
wilmwolf80 said:

After two subsequent negative tests, my business partner's mother has been moved out of the covid wing and back into her normal room at the nursing home. According to the administrator, her one false positive test will still count towards the state totals.

That's got me interested? How do you know she had a false positive test? Why shouldn't the positive test be counted? What was the timing between tests?
wilmwolf
Tested positive Thursday but exhibiting no symptoms and the doctor at the facility didn't think she had it, but moved her to their covid wing following protocol. Tested negative Friday and Saturday, and was moved back to her room yesterday. As to why it shouldn't count, she doesn't have covid, so to my simple mind, that shouldn't count.
Mormad
Gotcha
RunsWithWolves26
Mormad said:

wilmwolf80 said:

That's got me interested? How do you know she had a false positive test? Why shouldn't the positive test be counted? What was the timing between tests?

It shouldn't be counted because it wasn't an actual positive test. That seems pretty self explanatory to me. If you have a false positive, why in the Sam Hell would that be counted as an actual positive?
Mormad
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Mormad said:

wilmwolf80 said:

It shouldn't be counted because it wasn't an actual positive test. That seems pretty self explanatory to me. If you have a false positive, why in the Sam Hell would that be counted as an actual positive?

Well, I think it should for accounting purposes. Just like I think the 2 negatives should count in the negatives tally. It matters how the data is USED, and that's where you guys worry. We've known all along there is a sensitivity and specificity related to testing, so every positive test or negative test could be right or wrong, and they're still listed. While this seems pretty likely to be a false positive followed by 2 true negatives, there is still a small statistical chance that the positive test was correct followed by 2 false negatives. So I think it should be counted, even if most likely a false positive. Those need to known also, and of the positive tests already listed, a percentage of them are already false. The problem is not with adding this to the data, the problem is how the data is interpreted by idiots.

Remember: these tests are more specific than sensitive (fewer false positives than false negatives, false negatives could be as high as 30%). Many infected people are asymptomatic. And at some point, an infected person will test positive for some time period, only to finally test negative the next day. So even in this old lady's scenario, you could make a strong argument she was actually infected.
packgrad
Wayland
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Quote:

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 196 -> 195
Resident Care 104 -> 104
Correctional 46 -> 46
Other 8 -> 8

WRAL is at 2716* deaths

8/29(5), 8/28, 8/27(3)

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 195 -> 193
Resident Care 104 -> 106
Correctional 46 -> 46
Other 8 -> 7

WRAL is at 2734* deaths

Delta completed tests 39626 but DHHS claims only 11824 completed tests******************

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 193 -> 190
Resident Care 106 -> 103
Correctional 46 -> 45
Other 7 -> 8

WRAL is at 2778* deaths

9/1(4), 8/31(12), 8/30(3), 8/29(4), 8/28(6),8/27, 8/26, 8/25(2), 8/24, 8/17, 8/13, 7/28

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Resident Care 103 -> 106
Correctional 45 -> 45
Other 8 -> 8

WRAL is at 2807* deaths

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 200 -> 203
Resident Care 106 -> 111
Correctional 45 -> 45
Other 8 -> 8

WRAL is at 2829* deaths

9/3(2), 9/2(14), 9/1(6), 8/31(2), 8/30, 8/29(3), 8/28, 8/27(2), 8/21, 8/17, 8/10, 7/12, 7/10, 7/9, 7/4

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 203 -> 201
Resident Care 111 -> 102
Correctional 45 -> 42
Other 8 -> 8

9/4(2), 9/3(9), 9/2(6), 8/31(2), 8/30(2), 8/29(3), 8/28, 8/27(2), 8/26, 8/25(3), 8/24, 8/21, 8/20(2), 8/19, 8/18(4), 8/17(2), 8/16(2), 8/15, 8/14, 8/12(2), 8/11, 7/31

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 201 -> 201
Resident Care 102 -> 102
Correctional 42 -> 43
Other 8 -> 8

9/5

9/6/2020 Morning DHHS update (back from beach)

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
765 <- 78% reporting (was 830 at 77%)
Completed Tests

1499 Deaths are now Congregate (+5)
473 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+1)
+7 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

925 Deaths assumed General Population (+1)
1972 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+6)

354 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+0)
Nursing Homes 201 -> 201
Resident Care 102 -> 102
Correctional 43 -> 43
Other 8 -> 8

1018 positive cases over 16632* new tests. 6.1% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 16632 but DHHS claims only 10730 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/7
9/5, 9/4, 9/2, 9/1(2), 8/30, 8/27, 8/20

One Date added from Missing Dates of Death
wilmwolf
Are there very many instances of 94 year olds with multiple end of life health issues that get the virus and are asymptomatic? I've seen a few stories of people that old getting it and surviving, but most of the stories from that age range don't end well. All I can tell you, and this is second hand information, is that when she tested positive, the doctor told the family that he didn't believe she had the virus. They have had multiple outbreaks and fatalities at that facility, which is a very large, very nice place. They have a dedicated wing with covid patients, and she had to be moved there based on their protocols while they retested. She had been tested previously and was negative. I can't tell you how many times she has been tested, but I know she previously tested negative. She had not exhibited any symptoms prior to the test on Thursday, and has not since. In addition to her advanced dimentia, she has congestive heart failure and multiple other conditions. I just can't imagine that she had it and was asymptomatic, tested positive one day, then tested negative twice in the following days. I defer to you medically on the possibility of that happening, but the doctor in charge of her care told her son definitively that the positive test was a false positive. I just don't think that facility would put her back with the general population without being very confident that they were right in their diagnosis.
Wayland

Quote:

"A Boston consumer genetics company that has batted away former employees' accusations of shoddy practices since at least 2019 is now under investigation by the state Department of Public Health for logging hundreds of false positive coronavirus test results. The company, Orig3n, has halted COVID-19 testing in the state. A company spokesman said the false positives were due to "human error" in processing the tests. In August, after learning about the Massachusetts investigation, North Carolina issued a stop order for its coronavirus testing contract with Orig3n."

https://www.thegardnernews.com/news/20200904/sudden-spike-in-mass-covid-19-cases-was-jarring-now-company-that-did-tests-is-under-investigation.

https://www.ncdhhs.gov/news/press-releases/ncdhhs-deploy-300-free-testing-sites-underserved-communities

Quote:

"As many as 300 temporary testing sites will be deployed throughout the month of July, including drive-thru and walk-up sites. North Carolina has identified two vendors to begin this work, Vidant Health and Orig3n, Inc. Both vendors will deploy new no-cost testing sites to underserved communities identified by DHHS and bring additional lab capacity to the state. The initiative will increase testing capacity in more than 100 ZIP codes, providing testing access for 2.2 million African American, LatinX/Hispanic and American Indian individuals. "
Daviewolf83
packgrad said:

I have twin nephews who live in Sweden. They work there full time and also play semi-pro football (American version). They have said they were happy to have gone through the virus there instead of their home state of Washington. They never wear masks and have continued working this whole time.They are currently in the middle of their football season (team is 2-1).
Civilized
packgrad said:

I'm interested to see this sort of data. The data stemming from this virus and world responses to it are really fascinating.

That said, what are the takeaways for the US from this sort of comparison?
DrummerboyWolf
Daviewolf83 said:

packgrad said:

I have twin nephews who live in Sweden. They work there full time and also play semi-pro football (American version). They have said they were happy to have gone through the virus there instead of their home state of Washington. They never wear masks and have continued working this whole time.They are currently in the middle of their football season (team is 2-1).
Are they kickers? Hey somebody had to ask the question. LOL
Mormad
wilmwolf80 said:

Are there very many instances of 94 year olds with multiple end of life health issues that get the virus and are asymptomatic? I've seen a few stories of people that old getting it and surviving, but most of the stories from that age range don't end well. All I can tell you, and this is second hand information, is that when she tested positive, the doctor told the family that he didn't believe she had the virus. They have had multiple outbreaks and fatalities at that facility, which is a very large, very nice place. They have a dedicated wing with covid patients, and she had to be moved there based on their protocols while they retested. She had been tested previously and was negative. I can't tell you how many times she has been tested, but I know she previously tested negative. She had not exhibited any symptoms prior to the test on Thursday, and has not since. In addition to her advanced dimentia, she has congestive heart failure and multiple other conditions. I just can't imagine that she had it and was asymptomatic, tested positive one day, then tested negative twice in the following days. I defer to you medically on the possibility of that happening, but the doctor in charge of her care told her son definitively that the positive test was a false positive. I just don't think that facility would put her back with the general population without being very confident that they were right in their diagnosis.

Oh i get it. She may very well have been negative. And I'm sure the doc felt very confident before moving her back. At that point he was playing the game of risk to her being in a covid unit vs risk to his other population if he's wrong.

But i was asked "why in the Sam Hell" the positive result should be counted, and i gave an answer. That's all. Bottom line is, nobody will ever know if she was positive or not. We can speculate based on testing and reasonable assumptions about her age and morbidities, but when a test that comes back positive is right greater than 95% of the time and when it comes back negative it's wrong up to 30% of the time, it's reasonable to question the test in a situation like this and to admit we don't know. There was a less than 5 percent chance that positive test was wrong, and maybe a 30 percent chance those negative tests were wrong, so i asserted that it's not unreasonable to count the test results, because that leaves some doubt. But that doesn't fit what people wanna hear.
Mormad
Daviewolf83
DrummerboyWolf said:

Daviewolf83 said:

packgrad said:

Good one!! One is a linebacker (he played linebacker in college) and one is a DB (played in Junior College). My son is the only kicker/punter in the family.
DrummerboyWolf
Daviewolf83 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Daviewolf83 said:

packgrad said:

Good one!! One is a linebacker (he played linebacker in college) and one is a DB (played in Junior College). My son is the only kicker/punter in the family.
Well it was obvious to me to ask. LOL Glad they are doing well and able to play.
ciscopack
"We have it well under control; it's one person coming in from China"
Wayland
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Quote:

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 196 -> 195
Resident Care 104 -> 104
Correctional 46 -> 46
Other 8 -> 8

WRAL is at 2716* deaths

8/29(5), 8/28, 8/27(3)

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 195 -> 193
Resident Care 104 -> 106
Correctional 46 -> 46
Other 8 -> 7

WRAL is at 2734* deaths

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 193 -> 190
Resident Care 106 -> 103
Correctional 46 -> 45
Other 7 -> 8

WRAL is at 2778* deaths

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Resident Care 103 -> 106
Correctional 45 -> 45
Other 8 -> 8

WRAL is at 2807* deaths

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 200 -> 203
Resident Care 106 -> 111
Correctional 45 -> 45
Other 8 -> 8

WRAL is at 2829* deaths

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 203 -> 201
Resident Care 111 -> 102
Correctional 45 -> 42
Other 8 -> 8

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 201 -> 201
Resident Care 102 -> 102
Correctional 42 -> 43
Other 8 -> 8

9/5

9/6/2020 Morning DHHS update (back from beach)

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
765 <- 78% reporting (was 830 at 77%)
Completed Tests

1499 Deaths are now Congregate (+5)
473 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+1)
+7 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

925 Deaths assumed General Population (+1)
1972 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+6)

Nursing Homes 201 -> 201
Resident Care 102 -> 102
Correctional 43 -> 43
Other 8 -> 8

1018 positive cases over 16632* new tests. 6.1% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 16632 but DHHS claims only 10730 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/7
9/5, 9/4, 9/2, 9/1(2), 8/30, 8/27, 8/20

One Date added from Missing Dates of Death
9/8/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
827 <- 80% reporting (was 765 at 78%)
Completed Tests

1505 Deaths are now Congregate (+6)
476 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+3)
+12 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

928 Deaths assumed General Population (+3)
1981 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+9)

Nursing Homes 201 -> 201
Resident Care 102 -> 102
Correctional 43 -> 43
Other 8 -> 8

716 positive cases over 10395* new tests. 6.9% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 10395 but DHHS claims only7201 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/8
9/7(3), 9/6(4), 9/5(3), 9/4, 8/26, 8/4

One previously missing DoD assigned date.
statefan91
Numbers continue to look good.
Wayland
statefan91 said:

Numbers continue to look good.
Deaths *with* COVID will bump tomorrow as they start to process the weekend.

Cases shouldn't jump drastically until Thursday/Friday (since weekend numbers should be low due to holidays), but who knows what DHHS is sitting on.

Steve Williams
Staff
This can't be accurate can it?

First Page Last Page
Page 154 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.