Coronavirus

2,005,510 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Werewolf
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sorry if already posted by others....but surprising this type of plan had not already been communicated and worked out - including with local citizens to the colleges who are right to be bothered when big outbreaks started occurring.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/02/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

Wayland
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Quote:

8/31/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
923 <- 84% reporting (was 917 at 88%)
Completed Tests

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1368 Deaths are now Congregate (+2)
450 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (3)
+10 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

884 Deaths assumed General Population (+5)
1818 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+5)

353 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (-1)
Nursing Homes 196 -> 195
Resident Care 104 -> 104
Correctional 46 -> 46
Other 8 -> 8
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRAL is at 2716* deaths

1186 positive cases over 12899* new tests. 9.2% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 12899 but DHHS claims only `12077 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/31
8/29(5), 8/28, 8/27(3)

One new missing Date of Death
9/1/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
946 <- 92% reporting (was 923 at 84%)
Completed Tests

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1390 Deaths are now Congregate (+22)
452 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (2)
+39 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

899 Deaths assumed General Population (+15)
1842 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+24)

352 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (-1)
Nursing Homes 195 -> 193
Resident Care 104 -> 106
Correctional 46 -> 46
Other 8 -> 7
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRAL is at 2734* deaths

2111 positive cases over 39526* new tests. 5.3% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 39626 but DHHS claims only 11824 completed tests******************
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dates of Death Reported 9/1
8/31(3), 8/30(9), 8/29(16), 8/28(4), 8/27(2), 8/26(3), 8/11
9/2/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
858 <- 79% reporting (was 946 at 92%)
Completed Tests

1408 Deaths are now Congregate (+18)
461 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+9)
+38 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

910 Deaths assumed General Population (+11)
1869 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+27)

346 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (-6)
Nursing Homes 193 -> 190
Resident Care 106 -> 103
Correctional 46 -> 45
Other 7 -> 8

WRAL is at 2778* deaths

1129 positive cases over 19612* new tests. 5.8% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 19612 but DHHS claims only 15870 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/2
9/1(4), 8/31(12), 8/30(3), 8/29(4), 8/28(6),8/27, 8/26, 8/25(2), 8/24, 8/17, 8/13, 7/28

1 additional missing DoD (6 total)
I have been saying there was an issue with the Hospital data all day and that is why the Data Downloads didn't post.

And WHAT DO YOU KNOW. Why not just post this excuse at noon and fix it tomorrow like they do everything else instead of posting NONE of the downloads.

Ripper
FlossyDFlynt said:

wilmwolf80 said:

PossumJenkins said:

Civilized said:

PossumJenkins said:

Civilized said:

SupplyChainPack said:

Not true. Keeping people terrified and having the NC media portray him as the one who can save us all is his play.

Don't forget, he lives in a bubble and assumes that we are all stupid, and will swallow any narrative that he puts out in coordination with the leftist media in NC.

Sadly, many will.

Stop being so dramatic.

Who's terrified?

What media is portraying him as a savior?

That sounds good when you say it but it's not actually happening. Terror isn't reigning, and he's not being cast as Corona Jesus.

Who's terrified? Is that really an honest question? I don't know or necessarily agree that the media has gone so far as to anoint Cooper a savior, but if you don't know a decent amount of people are still terrified we are living in a different world than one another.

There are people who still haven't left their homes since this began. Over 6 months. There are definitely people still living in terror.

'Terror' is a loaded word.

Who hasn't left their home since this began? Some of the oldest and sickest among us. Nobody with a job to do is behaving this way. We know young people aren't. It's retirees, especially those at risk. Which is pragmatic.

There's a big difference between being pragmatic and 'living in terror'.

I'm not digging back through his twitter feed but Alex Berenson highlighted a number of people maybe a month ago who had not left there homes since the beginning. Not his tweets mind you, just retweeting others who were stating this. They were all encouraging one another.
I know anecdotes don't mean much, but I personally know two families that haven't left home since this started. No existing issue or immunocompromised people in the family. They are parents in their late 30s or early 40s that worked from home already with kids under 10. Definitely the always afraid, helicopter mom types. In one case the husband goes out and gets groceries and whatnot, in the other, they've been solely delivery this whole time. Is that terror? I dunno, I guess that would depend on the definition. Paranoid, certainly. At the start of this with the uncertainty, I understood the behavior a little better, but now, I just wonder to what end can they continue to stay locked up, and what adverse affects it will have on their families.
Just one man's opinion, but that is no way to live your life. I am taking the precautions the state deems even though I may not agree with them. As I have said to some other friends, I realize that my situation is unique compared to most of my friends (live alone, no kids, etc), but I am not living my life hiding in my house. Thats a miserable existence and if we were still on the same lockdown orders as we were in March, I think I legit may be in the nut house by now.
Anyone below 50 and healthy that are fully or partially holing up, either have Trump derangement syndrome or some other mental affliction. Berenson posts the actual data via Twitter and his Pamphlet/Books. There is absolutely no need to cower inside from Covid-19 if young and healthy.
IseWolf22
Mormad said:

wilmwolf80 said:

PossumJenkins said:

Civilized said:

PossumJenkins said:

Civilized said:

SupplyChainPack said:

Not true. Keeping people terrified and having the NC media portray him as the one who can save us all is his play.

Don't forget, he lives in a bubble and assumes that we are all stupid, and will swallow any narrative that he puts out in coordination with the leftist media in NC.

Sadly, many will.

Stop being so dramatic.

Who's terrified?

What media is portraying him as a savior?

That sounds good when you say it but it's not actually happening. Terror isn't reigning, and he's not being cast as Corona Jesus.

Who's terrified? Is that really an honest question? I don't know or necessarily agree that the media has gone so far as to anoint Cooper a savior, but if you don't know a decent amount of people are still terrified we are living in a different world than one another.

There are people who still haven't left their homes since this began. Over 6 months. There are definitely people still living in terror.

'Terror' is a loaded word.

Who hasn't left their home since this began? Some of the oldest and sickest among us. Nobody with a job to do is behaving this way. We know young people aren't. It's retirees, especially those at risk. Which is pragmatic.

There's a big difference between being pragmatic and 'living in terror'.

I'm not digging back through his twitter feed but Alex Berenson highlighted a number of people maybe a month ago who had not left there homes since the beginning. Not his tweets mind you, just retweeting others who were stating this. They were all encouraging one another.
I know anecdotes don't mean much, but I personally know two families that haven't left home since this started. No existing issue or immunocompromised people in the family. They are parents in their late 30s or early 40s that worked from home already with kids under 10. Definitely the always afraid, helicopter mom types. In one case the husband goes out and gets groceries and whatnot, in the other, they've been solely delivery this whole time. Is that terror? I dunno, I guess that would depend on the definition. Paranoid, certainly. At the start of this with the uncertainty, I understood the behavior a little better, but now, I just wonder to what end can they continue to stay locked up, and what adverse affects it will have on their families.

I've experienced the same, my man. Most of those I know that are overly cautious, paranoid, terrified or whatever you wanna call them are middle aged healthy moms. Certainly not the elderly.

In my office, it's mostly the old patients who are just annoyed with this stuff and ask to remove their masks at some point during the appointment. They are the least paranoid to me. It's the younger ones (30s-50s) that I feel are gonna report me if I pull my mask down to get a breath while I'm talking to them. I've been a little surprised by that.

A lot of my friends, all healthy, late 20s, early 30s, were holed up until sometime in July. Then they all started trickeling out and returning to normal.
But one of my wife's good friends ventured out for the first time this past weekend. Came over for a cookout with another couple, wore masks the entire time. Hopefully the fact they've survived the week will get them to relax. She's definitely the last hold out we know
mdreid
Consider yourselves lucky y'all don't live in Australia right now, this has spread like wildfire in the past couple days

https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-pregnant-mom-arrested-in-front-of-her-kids-for-facebook-post-about-ending-lockdown
Pacfanweb
wilmwolf80 said:

The old people in my life don't care. At all. You can't keep them from going out and doing what they want to do. My 95 year old Granny says if she gets the virus, then it was her time.
Yep, if you think about it....if I'm in my mid 80's and still a bit active....I'm not becoming a shut-in for 6-12 months. That's a HUGE chunk of whatever time I have left.

F-it. I'm going to live my life.
Everpack
Pacfanweb said:

wilmwolf80 said:

The old people in my life don't care. At all. You can't keep them from going out and doing what they want to do. My 95 year old Granny says if she gets the virus, then it was her time.
Yep, if you think about it....if I'm in my mid 80's and still a bit active....I'm not becoming a shut-in for 6-12 months. That's a HUGE chunk of whatever time I have left.

Statistically speaking, that's what everyone should be thinking. It's been my bewilderment all along, how we look at this risk with a completely different lens than we ever have. The only definite in life is death, and no one knows when it's their time or what's going to take them. To think that people can look at the data and continue to live in fear is just something I can't grasp.
DrummerboyWolf
Everpack said:

Pacfanweb said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Statistically speaking, that's what everyone should be thinking. It's been my bewilderment all along, how we look at this risk with a completely different lens than we ever have. The only definite in life is death, and no one knows when it's their time or what's going to take them. To think that people can look at the data and continue to live in fear is just something I can't grasp.
Exactly right. There are risks in everything you do. We have to open up and go.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Wayland
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Quote:

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 196 -> 195
Resident Care 104 -> 104
Correctional 46 -> 46
Other 8 -> 8

WRAL is at 2716* deaths

8/29(5), 8/28, 8/27(3)

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 195 -> 193
Resident Care 104 -> 106
Correctional 46 -> 46
Other 8 -> 7

WRAL is at 2734* deaths

Delta completed tests 39626 but DHHS claims only 11824 completed tests******************

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 193 -> 190
Resident Care 106 -> 103
Correctional 46 -> 45
Other 7 -> 8

WRAL is at 2778* deaths

9/1(4), 8/31(12), 8/30(3), 8/29(4), 8/28(6),8/27, 8/26, 8/25(2), 8/24, 8/17, 8/13, 7/28

9/3/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
XXX <- XX% reporting (was 858 at 79%)
Completed Tests

1419 Deaths are now Congregate (+11)
467 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+6)
+24 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

917 Deaths assumed General Population (+7)
1886 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+17)

359 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+13)
Nursing Homes 190 -> 200 <--- +10!!!!!!
Resident Care 103 -> 106
Correctional 45 -> 45
Other 8 -> 8

WRAL is at 2807* deaths

1656 positive cases over 32527* new tests. 5.1% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 32527 but DHHS claims only 20108 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/3
9/2(6), 9/1(10), 8/31(3), 8/29(2), 8/12, 6/26, 6/13
Mormad
DrummerboyWolf said:

Everpack said:

Pacfanweb said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Exactly right. There are risks in everything you do. We have to open up and go.

Especially when those risks can be mitigated.
Steve Williams
Staff
Pacfanweb said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Was just talking about this last night. My uncle is 83 and has been isolated in an assisted living facility for six months. Countless others have had to die alone with no family. None of it makes sense to me. These are months and lives that no one can get back.
wilmwolf
My business partner's mother, who is 94, tested positive today. She's in an assisted living facility here in Wilmington, and they've been locked down from the beginning. He's only been able to talk to her on the phone standing outside of her window, and due to her dementia, she can't process that it is him at the window. He moved her here from the Midwest just last year so that he could visit her everyday for however long she has left. Watching him outside her window trying to talk to her the few times I've been by is heartbreaking. As of now she has no symptoms and they are trying to get them to retest her.
TheStorm
wilmwolf80 said:

My business partner's mother, who is 94, tested positive today. She's in an assisted living facility here in Wilmington, and they've been locked down from the beginning. He's only been able to talk to her on the phone standing outside of her window, and due to her dementia, she can't process that it is him at the window. He moved her here from the Midwest just last year so that he could visit her everyday for however long she has left. Watching him outside her window trying to talk to her the few times I've been by is heartbreaking. As of now she has no symptoms and they are trying to get them to retest her.
But yet we have another poster here "in the business" that swears that NC has been admitting COVID POSITIVE residents into these type of facilities from close to the very start... Just "smarter than New York" if I remember his exact words here correctly. And proud of it on top of everything.

Then I look at the NCDHHS Dashboard and wonder why? No one has mentioned this with Big Roy for whatever reason... but he used those numbers to keep us "COMPLETELY shut down" for at least 2-3 months longer than he should have (when most of those positive tests were from people that were ALREADY shut down).. and yes, he - and that totally incompetent Mandy Cohen - get away with it somehow completely unscathed by our ferocious NC Media...

Hell... going off on a slight tangent... I've been totally confused as to how NC State has been able to somehow stay on the National News about "sending students home" for almost a full week now, when it's been happening all over the damn place. But I probably shouldn't be surprised because I should know better by now...

It's like CNN's coverage of the "peaceful protests"...
GuerrillaPack
Kenny with the c-19 anthem

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Wayland
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Quote:

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 196 -> 195
Resident Care 104 -> 104
Correctional 46 -> 46
Other 8 -> 8

WRAL is at 2716* deaths

8/29(5), 8/28, 8/27(3)

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 195 -> 193
Resident Care 104 -> 106
Correctional 46 -> 46
Other 8 -> 7

WRAL is at 2734* deaths

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 193 -> 190
Resident Care 106 -> 103
Correctional 46 -> 45
Other 7 -> 8

WRAL is at 2778* deaths

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Resident Care 103 -> 106
Correctional 45 -> 45
Other 8 -> 8

WRAL is at 2807* deaths

9/4/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
955 <- 82% reporting (was 858 at 77%)
Completed Tests

1443 Deaths are now Congregate (+24)
476 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+9)
+36 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

920 Deaths assumed General Population (+3)
1919 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+33)

367 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+8)
Nursing Homes 200 -> 203
Resident Care 106 -> 111
Correctional 45 -> 45
Other 8 -> 8

WRAL is at 2829* deaths

2045 positive cases over 41259* new tests. 5.0% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 41259 but DHHS claims only 23655 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/4
9/3(2), 9/2(14), 9/1(6), 8/31(2), 8/30, 8/29(3), 8/28, 8/27(2), 8/21, 8/17, 8/10, 7/12, 7/10, 7/9, 7/4

THREE GENERAL POPULATION DEATHS today.

THIRTY THREE CONGREGATE AND UNKNOWN
82TxPackFan
Tell me again what stupor cooper & his right hand liar are doing to protect the elderly in nursing homes?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!
Wayland
Wake reported 7 deaths today but so far has only 2 in September. Let's see what the updated congregate numbers say today and Tuesday. Wake looks to be going back and doing matching.
barnburner
Just read this article.. some very interesting new theories about the virus..

A Supercomputer Analyzed Covid-19 and an Interesting New Theory Has Emerged

A closer look at the Bradykinin hypothesis
Wayland
DHHS is coming for your phone (voluntary).

https://www.ncdhhs.gov/news/press-releases/ncdhhs-developing-slowcovidnc-exposure-notification-app-expected-launch

Do Nursing Home residents have smart phones?

ciscopack
U.S. coronavirus deaths projected to more than double to 410,000 by January
Wayland
ciscopack said:

Ya, IHME is widely seen as a joke these days. Even by fellow modellers. (If I was even going to look at a model) I would look to Youyang Gu (https://covid19-projections.com/) before the now fringe IHME.

Ripper
ciscopack said:

Since every death in the US is counted as a Covid death, that phony number may end up being a higher phony number.
Civilized
burnbarn said:

Fascinating stuff.

Sounds really promising with regard to understanding COVID symptomatology.

It's also really crazy how advanced science is, how many smart doctors and researchers are on the planet, and how much we still don't understand about the human body. It's almost impossibly complex. Crazy that it works so well, and in many cases so well for so long.
packgrad

Yes. It is political.
barnburner
Civilized said:

burnbarn said:

Fascinating stuff.

Sounds really promising with regard to understanding COVID symptomatology.

It's also really crazy how advanced science is, how many smart doctors and researchers are on the planet, and how much we still don't understand about the human body. It's almost impossibly complex. Crazy that it works so well, and in many cases so well for so long.
This is true.. how about the part about how they think it is a blood disease and not a respiratory disease.?
SupplyChainPack
burnbarn said:

Interesting, and scary.
PossumJenkins
packgrad said:

Yes. It is political.

The fact that there is even a single "outdoor" restriction is ridiculous
dogplasma
Bradykinin sounds so important and yet I doubt 99% of people have ever heard of it.

The Vitamin D news is interesting. I remember reading about how "fresh air" (being outdoors) was considered helpful during the 1918 pandemic. I wonder if there was some connection between Vitamin D and that virus as well?
dogplasma
Outdoors is not a problem but groups are. State parks are open but stuff like visitor centers are still closed. I think beaches are at the discretion of local authorities.
Everpack
burnbarn said:

There are some smart mother truckers in this world. Really interesting read.
PossumJenkins
dogplasma said:

Outdoors is not a problem but groups are. State parks are open but stuff like visitor centers are still closed. I think beaches are at the discretion of local authorities.

We seem to have had quite a number of large, outdoor mass gatherings lately that we've made it through just fine with very little to any spike.
Daviewolf83
burnbarn said:

Thanks for posting the link the article. It is a very interesting hypothesis that seems to warrant further analysis.
Wayland
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Quote:

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 196 -> 195
Resident Care 104 -> 104
Correctional 46 -> 46
Other 8 -> 8

WRAL is at 2716* deaths

8/29(5), 8/28, 8/27(3)

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 195 -> 193
Resident Care 104 -> 106
Correctional 46 -> 46
Other 8 -> 7

WRAL is at 2734* deaths

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Nursing Homes 193 -> 190
Resident Care 106 -> 103
Correctional 46 -> 45
Other 7 -> 8

WRAL is at 2778* deaths

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
Completed Tests

Resident Care 103 -> 106
Correctional 45 -> 45
Other 8 -> 8

WRAL is at 2807* deaths

9/4/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
955 <- 82% reporting (was 858 at 77%)
Completed Tests

1443 Deaths are now Congregate (+24)
476 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+9)
+36 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

920 Deaths assumed General Population (+3)
1919 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+33)

367 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (+8)
Nursing Homes 200 -> 203
Resident Care 106 -> 111
Correctional 45 -> 45
Other 8 -> 8

WRAL is at 2829* deaths

2045 positive cases over 41259* new tests. 5.0% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 41259 but DHHS claims only 23655 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/4
9/3(2), 9/2(14), 9/1(6), 8/31(2), 8/30, 8/29(3), 8/28, 8/27(2), 8/21, 8/17, 8/10, 7/12, 7/10, 7/9, 7/4

THIRTY THREE CONGREGATE AND UNKNOWN
9/5/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
xxx <- 82% reporting (was 955 at 77%)
Completed Tests

1494 Deaths are now Congregate (+51)
472 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (-4)
+50 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

923 Deaths assumed General Population (+3)
1966 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+47)

353 Congregate Facilities now have an active outbreak. (-14)
Nursing Homes 203 -> 201
Resident Care 111 -> 102
Correctional 45 -> 42
Other 8 -> 8

1561 positive cases over 21775* new tests. 7.2% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 21775 but DHHS claims only 16975 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 9/5
9/4(2), 9/3(9), 9/2(6), 8/31(2), 8/30(2), 8/29(3), 8/28, 8/27(2), 8/26, 8/25(3), 8/24, 8/21, 8/20(2), 8/19, 8/18(4), 8/17(2), 8/16(2), 8/15, 8/14, 8/12(2), 8/11, 7/31

51.... FIFTY ONE.... 5 ... 1. .. CONGREGATE DEATHS TODAY.

At beach will fill in dates and numbers later.
Everpack
30 deaths over a week old. That's how you continue to drag this out.
Wayland
Everpack said:

30 deaths over a week old. That's how you continue to drag this out.

With so many deaths coming out of nursing homes and *with* COVID, the metric makes has less and less value. With questions surrounding PCR, how many of these nursing home cases are from and how many are WITH in otherwise end of life scenarios.

At least hospitalizations and deaths in the general population seem to be declining
First Page Last Page
Page 153 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.