Coronavirus

2,000,946 Views | 19842 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by Werewolf
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Almost to the election. Just one more extension. But remember, it's not political!
dogplasma
FlossyDFlynt said:

Maybe its because I dont have kids, but what the hell was the justification for closing outdoor playgrounds?
Good luck trying to socially distance a pack of kids! And keep the equipment clean.

Movie theaters I don't get. If you can open restaurants at reduced capacity, why not theaters. Maybe it's about the time spent inside. Certainly if you're going to open gyms, may as well open theaters.
cowboypack02
dogplasma said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Maybe its because I dont have kids, but what the hell was the justification for closing outdoor playgrounds?
Good luck trying to socially distance a pack of kids! And keep the equipment clean.

Movie theaters I don't get. If you can open restaurants at reduced capacity, why not theaters. Maybe it's about the time spent inside. Certainly if you're going to open gyms, may as well open theaters.
You guys have obviously never eaten dinner with my in-laws. They will turn a 1 hour dinner into an all night affair

SupplyChainPack
https://firstinfreedomdaily.com/king-cooper-prolongs-the-pain-with-phase-2-5-mandates-masking-children/
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Almost to the election. Just one more extension. But remember, it's not political!
Yep, I can hear it now...."I'm so mad at Cohen and Cooper for keeping the bars closed, that I'm going to change my mind and vote for Biden!!".

**I'm not discounting that there is shady business going on here, but I've yet to see a person on here or Twitter who blames anyone but Cooper for all of these extensions. (especially when presented the evidence that every other state has opened many of these same operations)
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Yep, I can hear it now...."I'm so mad at Cohen and Cooper for keeping the bars closed, that I'm going to change my mind and vote for Biden!!".

I'm sure that made sense in your mind. NC was the last state to open gyms, but it's not political!
Packchem91
statefan91 said:

I don't understand why movie theaters can't open up at reduced capacity. At this point I may start going across the border to South Carolina.

The Red Stone theaters looked pretty busy this w/e, though I'm not even sure if any decent movies were out yet.

That place most certainly needed the business...I thought it was mostly struggling even before covid, then missed (like all of them) the busy summer season.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

I'm sure that made sense in your mind. NC was the last state to open gyms, but it's not political!
for the political benefit of whom? For the political damage to whom?
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

for the political benefit of whom? For the political damage to whom?

I'm not going through this again. I guess you're the one who argued over and over it wasn't political months ago. You're clearly too black and white to understand if you're the same poster.
Colonel Armstrong
I don't this this is necessarily political for Cooper.

I think he just has no clue what he's doing. Which is even worse to be honest.
packgrad
King Leary said:

That is definitely worse.
Packchem91
King Leary said:

EXACTLY (or maybe moreso, for Cohen).

But this argument to impact the presidential election is just one of the dumber things ever.
SupplyChainPack
GuerrillaPack said:

Loller!!
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

King Leary said:

But this argument to impact the presidential election is just one of the dumber things ever.

Lol. Coronavirus isn't politicized at all!! That is a freaking gem right there. You should really consider putting some thought into your posts instead of trying to be contrarian and calling names.
packgrad
"The United States will continue to engage our international partners to ensure we defeat this virus, but we will not be constrained by multilateral organizations influenced by the corrupt World Health Organization and China," said Judd Deere, a spokesman for the White House"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/coronavirus-vaccine-trump/2020/09/01/b44b42be-e965-11ea-bf44-0d31c85838a5_story.html
DrummerboyWolf
SupplyChainPack said:

https://firstinfreedomdaily.com/king-cooper-prolongs-the-pain-with-phase-2-5-mandates-masking-children/

Der Fuhrer strikes again.

It wouldn't let me use u with umlaut.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

King Leary said:

Lol. Coronavirus isn't politicized at all!! That is a freaking gem right there. You should really consider putting some thought into your posts instead of trying to be contrarian and calling names.
I know I should drop this....but because you've put so much thought into it, its really a simple, couple-word answer for you.

Who gained politically today when the decision to leave things closed?
Who was hurt politically today when the same decision was made?

DrummerboyWolf
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

King Leary said:

I know I should drop this....but because you've put so much thought into it, its really a simple, couple-word answer for you.

Who gained politically today when the decision to leave things closed?
Who was hurt politically today when the same decision was made?

I know it's not directed at me, but I will try.

1. The Democrats are trying to restrain the economy. Good economy equals good for Trump. Democrat run states are doing everything they can to hinder his re-election and they think shutting everything down is the best way to defeat him since everything else they have tried to conjure up has failed.

2. The Democrats are hurt politically if they keep this up(I think they have over played their hand), not to mention all the citizens of North Carolina and other places that cannot work and have no money to live on or pay bills. It's really sad that those citizens all over the country are being used as political pawns. Now you may not agree and that is fine, but this is how I see it.
packgrad
I think 2020 has been a disaster for them. White House should have been a cake walk this year. Their coronavirus response and BLM/antifa terrorists response have shifted all momentum to the other side of the aisle.

With that said I look forward to when internal polling tells our feckless governor that it is ok for all businesses to reopen. Enough damage has been done.
dogplasma
I can understand where that viewpoint comes from, but since the pandemic response has been largely state-by-state, wouldn't the local officials be shooting themselves in the foot trying to oust Trump like that? It's not like Trump is way ahead in the polls, either.

ETA: Maybe you already answered that by likening it to a game of political chicken with the governors overplaying their hand. I personally don't think it's been mostly political but more of a difference in where different people draw the line between public safety and economic impact. MHO.
packgrad
dogplasma said:

I can understand where that viewpoint comes from, but since the pandemic response has been largely state-by-state, wouldn't the local officials be shooting themselves in the foot trying to oust Trump like that? It's not like Trump is way ahead in the polls, either.

The governor is not local. There has been plenty of pushback from small town government though. Remember our governor said sitting outside to watch a car race is illegal, but protesting is just fine. Check that, protesting liberal causes is ok. Protesting Dictator Roy will get you fined and jailed.
DrummerboyWolf
dogplasma said:

Yes, I believe they are shooting themselves in the foot. Their hatred for all things Donald Trump has blinded them. People are tired of being locked down and their rights trampled.

I don't trust the polls. As we get closer to the election they will get closer. Many of the polls you have seen in the last few months have been designed to shape public opinion and not reflect public opinion. The news media is also trying to get rid of Trump. This time 4 years ago, Hillary had a bigger lead than Biden does now and lost. I also think many Trump supporters do not answer the polls truthfully if at all.
DrummerboyWolf
dogplasma said:

ETA: Maybe you already answered that by likening it to a game of political chicken with the governors overplaying their hand. I personally don't think it's been mostly political but more of a difference in where different people draw the line between public safety and economic impact. MHO.
On this part of your question which I did not see as I was posting the first response I do agree it's a game of political chicken. If you look though, the states still with the most stringent lockdowns are all run by Democrat Governors. Three of those are swing states in Wisconsin, Michigan, and North Carolina. Unfortunately that side of the aisle does not generally trust the people. They feel they know better. Republicans usually are more in with personal responsibility.
Civilized
dogplasma said:

Yes they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

Cooper's actions are politically unpopular. He's hurting his own re-election chances by keeping us closed down. He thinks it's the right thing to do, and he's doing it. You can argue he's wrong but it makes zero sense that he's doing it to help the party. If the state economy suffers because he keeps us locked down, who do people blame, him or Trump? They blame him because he's the one keeping us shut down.

No governor is more loyal to the party/Biden than they are to their own re-election chances.

Voters are not going to punish Trump for Cooper's actions.

It's just more stupid conspiracy theories by the right.
WPNfamily
Orange man bad! Keep gyms closed! Mask my 5 year old! F-U-C-K off Goober Cooper.
packgrad
Even the liberal cesspool that has celebrities and civilians fleeing like there's an incoming military attack, California, is drawing the ire of its residents because of lockdowns. There has been no hiding of their decisions being made simply to be contrary to what the president suggests. A couple of times they even announced the very next day they were not following his recommendations.

But the laws don't apply to the leaders though.

WPNfamily
packgrad said:

Even the liberal cesspool that has celebrities and civilians fleeing like there's an incoming military attack, California, is drawing the ire of its residents because of lockdowns. There has been no hiding of their decisions being made simply to be contrary to what the president suggests. A couple of times they even announced the very next day they were not following his recommendations.

This is why Trump will win again. Literally the dems thought they would win by trotting out a vegetable to run against Trump. They may have won had they not over played corona. Man they look like completely tactically incompetent as a party right now.
SupplyChainPack
First you have to impose the lockdown orders so you can know what's in the lockdown orders.
DrummerboyWolf
SupplyChainPack said:

First you have to impose the lockdown orders so you can know what's in the lockdown orders.

Well said!!! LOL
Packchem91
Civilized said:

dogplasma said:

Cooper's actions are politically unpopular. He's hurting his own re-election chances by keeping us closed down. He thinks it's the right thing to do, and he's doing it. You can argue he's wrong but it makes zero sense that he's doing it to help the party. If the state economy suffers because he keeps us locked down, who do people blame, him or Trump? They blame him because he's the one keeping us shut down.

No governor is more loyal to the party/Biden than they are to their own re-election chances.

100%.

And I want Cooper out. I think he's been overly protective in many regards here. But all I see is anger at Cooper for these extensions. And I've never seen a politician willing to sacrifice their own skin.

But....it sounds good!
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

Civilized said:

dogplasma said:

100%.

And I want Cooper out. I think he's been overly protective in many regards here. But all I see is anger at Cooper for these extensions. And I've never seen a politician willing to sacrifice their own skin.

But....it sounds good!

Because he doesn't think he's sacrificing his own skin.
DrummerboyWolf
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

Civilized said:

100%.

But....it sounds good!

Because he doesn't think he's sacrificing his own skin.

Oh quit with your conspiracy theory.
SupplyChainPack
Packchem91 said:

Civilized said:

dogplasma said:

100%.

But....it sounds good!

Do you watch the local news broadcasts in NC? They aren't beating him up - quite the contrary.
82TxPackFan
packgrad said:

What a sorry piece of trash she is!! Wonder if she was enjoying her gourmet ice cream while getting her hair done.
SupplyChainPack
Civilized said:

dogplasma said:

Not true. Keeping people terrified and having the NC media portray him as the one who can save us all is his play.

Don't forget, he lives in a bubble and assumes that we are all stupid, and will swallow any narrative that he puts out in coordination with the leftist media in NC.

Sadly, many will.

First Page Last Page
Page 151 of 567

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.