Coronavirus

2,000,473 Views | 19842 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Werewolf
wilmwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Over in the football board the "if even one person dies" standard is being applied to sports now in addition to school/students. It's just odd to me that this standard is so selectively applied. Restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacies, doctor's offices, courts, construction, even the government, are all expected to run, and I haven't seen a single person say "if even one cashier dies!". I don't want anyone to die, particularly a death that may be preventable, but I'm extremely put off by the hypocrisy. There are inherent dangers associated with life that we all accept everyday, but this selective "if even one person" stuff flies counter to logic.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Wayland
wilmwolf80 said:

Over in the football board the "if even one person dies" standard is being applied to sports now in addition to school/students. It's just odd to me that this standard is so selectively applied. Restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacies, doctor's offices, courts, construction, even the government, are all expected to run, and I haven't seen a single person say "if even one cashier dies!". I don't want anyone to die, particularly a death that may be preventable, but I'm extremely put off by the hypocrisy. There are inherent dangers associated with life that we all accept everyday, but this selective "if even one person" stuff flies counter to logic.
The other problem with that is, the false assumption that football related activities would be the direct cause of the infection.

There is a fair level of community spread (and this applies to teachers, doctors, students, police, ANYONE), just because someone has a job, does not mean their job is where they acquired the virus.
Daviewolf83
wilmwolf80 said:

When you hear someone got sick at a given institution (school, college, football practice, grocery store, etc), make sure they are properly being reported as to where the transmission occurred. For example, I saw the governor of Mississippi discussing some of the recent reports coming from their schools of students being infected with Covid. He said the majority of those cases were infected outside of the schools.
Daviewolf83
As Wayland pointed out, today they really went back to find cases to keep the numbers high. As you can see from the graph, 520 of the 1,954 total cases from today are from last week or earlier. They did the same thing earlier this week on the date the governor announced NC is staying in Phase 2, when 25% of the cases reported were from the previous week or earlier. I have also included a graph that shows deaths by the date of death for deaths announced today and it aligns to what Wayland has reported in his earlier post.

For the percent positive test metric, it appears it may be starting to flatten out. This is true for both the calculated percent positive test rate and the percent positive percentage reported on the NCDHHS website.

Cases by the Specimen Date for Cases Reported on 8/8:

Deaths by Date of Death for Deaths Reported on 8/8:

Percent Positive Test Trends (Calculated and NCDHHS Reported Rates):

Wayland
I'd really love to be in the room when they decide a 2 month old death is now no longer from COVID. Again, I appreciate them trying to get it right, but just what is the discussion there?
Wayland
Kind of ironic to have Mandy talk about all the great things they have done for Nursing Homes after we come off of our worst 2 weeks of deaths in congregate facilities since early May.

And how are we OK with them just not caring to identify the setting for a full quarter of the deaths anymore? Check out that slack with all the Unknown setting deaths lately.

wilmwolf
wilmwolf80 said:

To tag on to this thought in my head, if you feel so strongly that the safety measures we are using when in public work, why are so many people so confident they won't work in school/college settings. If masks and hand washing and distancing work in the grocery store, why wouldn't they work on a college campus?
Packchem91
wilmwolf80 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

To tag on to this thought in my head, if you feel so strongly that the safety measures we are using when in public work, why are so many people so confident they won't work in school/college settings. If masks and hand washing and distancing work in the grocery store, why wouldn't they work on a college campus?
I would assume because leaders don't trust college kids to follow them? Just think of the two videos that were prevalent on the twitter yesterday, both circulating from UNC --- one of tons of maskless girls coming out of a small sorority house in big groups. The second was a bunch of folks on campus doing normal collegey things --- playing, socializing, etc mostly w/o masks and mostly w/no social distancing.

I keep saying it dating back to March, these videos that keep hitting twitter are as damaging as any statistics. They play right into the hands of anyone who wants to limit --- "look at what these people are doing, we're all going to die...."
wilmwolf
Then instead of faculty and grad students protesting campuses opening like they did in Georgia, they should be doing more to convince the students to follow the measures. Or use campus police to enforce the rules.
Packchem91
wilmwolf80 said:

Then instead of faculty and grad students protesting campuses opening like they did in Georgia, they should be doing more to convince the students to follow the measures. Or use campus police to enforce the rules.
I agree with you, though that's pretty impractical when the base thinks they are immune. But its kind of like the Marlins in MLB -- you hope that one story (plus then the Cards), convinces the other 99% to follow the instructions.

TheStorm
Daviewolf83 said:

As Wayland pointed out, today they really went back to find cases to keep the numbers high. As you can see from the graph, 520 of the 1,954 total cases from today are from last week or earlier. They did the same thing earlier this week on the date the governor announced NC is staying in Phase 2, when 25% of the cases reported were from the previous week or earlier. I have also included a graph that shows deaths by the date of death for deaths announced today and it aligns to what Wayland has reported in his earlier post.

For the percent positive test metric, it appears it may be starting to flatten out. This is true for both the calculated percent positive test rate and the percent positive percentage reported on the NCDHHS website.

Cases by the Specimen Date for Cases Reported on 8/8:

Deaths by Date of Death for Deaths Reported on 8/8:

Percent Positive Test Trends (Calculated and NCDHHS Reported Rates):

It's because all the other numbers have completely flattened out and are decreasing and they realize that the smoke and mirrors approach is going to catch up to them sooner or later... the deaths in North Carolina that they are now reporting on a "daily" basis are the most consistently highest numbers from day-to-day-to-day that we've had since the very start of the pandemic here (with no other contributing numbers to support it)... Hey! Look over here now!... and it buys them another 2-3 weeks of not having to admit the numbers are falling UNTIL they want to admit that they are falling and then it will only be for the reasons they want to them to be falling.

Cooper and Cohen have been dishonest throughout this entire process... and they will end up getting by with it.
nakinawolf
"Cooper and Cohen have been dishonest throughout this entire process... and they will end up getting by with it."
When parsing the data that Wayland and DavieWolf have painstaking complied and presented, it's obvious that the numbers are being manipulated for political agendas... which is especially dangerous when dealing with a virus like COVID19
Steve Williams
Staff
nakinawolf said:

"Cooper and Cohen have been dishonest throughout this entire process... and they will end up getting by with it."
When parsing the data that Wayland and DavieWolf have painstaking complied and presented, it's obvious that the numbers are being manipulated for political agendas... which is especially dangerous when dealing with a virus like COVID19
Cooper, Cohen, WRAL, CNN, the media in general have manipulated, twisted, fudged...whatever you can come up with...to effectively brainwash much of the general public into panic. Saw an advertisement from Cooper last night effectively mask/social distance shaming Dan Forest because he refuses to play the game they created. It's maddening that the average person simply has no interest in taking the time to know the truth or seek out the facts. They're perfectly okay with letting some in government and the media in general do their thinking for them. I suppose a lot of that is because of the society we live in today. For me personally, it's come to the point that I've had to tune it all out because that underlying anger it creates definitely isn't healthy. I've accepted that this will be over when the media says it's over and not a day sooner.
Pacfanweb
nakinawolf said:

I wonder....are they being dishonest intentionally, or are they just incompetent?

What sort of folks do they have crunching these numbers for them? Because you know damn well Roy isn't looking at them and doing it himself.
Wayland
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Quote:

7/31/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1229 <- 91% reporting (was 1239 at 89% yesterday)
Completed Tests

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1010 Deaths are now Congregate (+8)
282 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+5)
+21 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

632 Deaths assumed General Population (+8)
1292 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+13)

309 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+12)
Nursing Homes 160 -> 164
Resident Care 90 -> 94
Correctional 31 -> 34
Other 16 -> 17
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRAL is at 1929* deaths

1954 positive cases over 32178 new tests. 6.1% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 32178 but DHHS claims only 27741 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 7/30 - +21, +2 Previously Missing Date, 1 Death Removed
7/30(2), 7/29(10), 7/28(4), 7/27(2), 7/26, 7/25(3), 7/21, 7/20

1 death removed on 6/25
8/1/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1151 <- 92% reporting (was 1229 at 91% yesterday)
Completed Tests

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1031 Deaths are now Congregate (+21)
291 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+9)

642 Deaths assumed General Population (+10)
1322 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+30)

304 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (-5)
Nursing Homes 164 -> 162
Resident Care 94 -> 95
Correctional 34 -> 33
Other 17 -> 14
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRAL is at 1952* deaths

1730 positive cases over 29310 new tests. 5.9% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 29310 but DHHS claims only 26510 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/1 40 deaths
7/31(6), 7/30(13), 7/29(3), 7/28(5), 7/26(2), 7/25(3), 7/24(3), 7/23, 7/22, 7/21, 7/20, and 7/14

Congregate deaths continue to be through the roof. 116 congregate and 60 unknown deaths reported the last 10 days.

Case reporting lag is getting super tight. Next two days case numbers should plummet.
8/2/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1142 <- 85% reporting (was 1151 at 92% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1033 Deaths are now Congregate (+2)
292 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+1)
+5 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

644 Deaths assumed General Population (+2)
1325 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+3)

305 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+1)
Nursing Homes 162 -> 162
Resident Care 95 -> 95
Correctional 33 -> 34
Other 14 -> 14

WRAL is at 1992* deaths

1341 positive cases over 27098 new tests. 4.9% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 27098 but DHHS claims only 24962 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/2
8/1, 7/31, 7/30, 7/22 and one missing.

Cases by date of specimen keep declining. If they continue to call this 'stabilization' it is a bold faced lie.

8/3/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1057 <- 79% reporting (was 1142 at 85% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1038 Deaths are now Congregate (+5)
295 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+3)
+13 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

649 Deaths assumed General Population (+5)
1333 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+8)

307 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+2)
Nursing Homes 162 -> 163
Resident Care 95 -> 95
Correctional 34 -> 34
Other 14 -> 15

WRAL is at 2000* deaths

1313 positive cases over 23900 new tests. 5.5% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 23900 but DHHS claims only 20378 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/3
8/2(2), 8/1(7), 7/31, 7/30, 7/29, and 7/26
They also removed 1 death from the missing dates of death tally, but I couldn't locate a 14th death assigned.

RE: Hospitalizations. Someone big in the Triad likely missed reporting. Their numbers dropped too far in one day to be organic. I would figure at least 80 additional if the missing hospital was in.
8/4/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1166 <- 92% reporting (was 1057 at 79% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1048 Deaths are now Congregate (+10)
301 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+6)
+28 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

661 Deaths assumed General Population (+12)
1349 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+16)

321 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+14)
Nursing Homes 163 -> 170
Resident Care 95 -> 98
Correctional 34 -> 37
Other 15 -> 16

WRAL is at 2015* deaths

1629 positive cases over 16616 new tests. 9.8% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 16616 but DHHS claims only 9667 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/4
8/3(2), 8/2(8), 8/1(9), 7/31(1), 7/30(3), 7/21, 7/19, 7/14, 7/2, and 1 added to Missing DoD.

Cases are higher than I would have guessed for lag. I think the case numbers are being bumped some by outbreak testing. A number of new correctional and nursing outbreaks caught. Did a quick glance down county data, and other than Meck posting a little higher than average lately (around 300 cases) most of the other case increases are from smaller counties having slightly higher case totals reported.

The amount of tests done is obscenely low and shows that it is all basically hospital cases, not outside labs being counted.
8/5/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1167 <- 93% reporting (was 1166 at 92% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1065 Deaths are now Congregate (+17)
311 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+10)
+40 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

674 Deaths assumed General Population (+13)
1376 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+27)

322 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+1)
Nursing Homes 170 -> 172
Resident Care 98 -> 98
Correctional 37 -> 39
Other 16 -> 13

WRAL is at 2039* deaths

1127 positive cases over 19624 new tests. 5.7% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 19624 but DHHS claims only 19444 completed tests

BACKLOG DAY
Dates of Death Reported 8/5
8/4, 8/3(5), 8/2(4), 8/1(4), 7/31(5), 7/30(4), 7/29(2), 7/28(5), 7/27(3), 7/26, 7/25, 7/24(4), 7/23(2), 7/8 , 7/6, 6/30

One removed on 7/14. I am getting one additional death assigned than should be accounted for, but there could be another removal that I am missing or just a reporting error.

Lowest case reported day since June

Deaths Added by County
Camden(2), Chatham(1), Davie(1), Duplin(1), Forsyth(2), Gaston(1), Granville(1), Guilford(3), Harnett(2), Haywood(1), McDowell(2), Meck(2), New Hanover(1), Richmond(1), Stanly(13)!!!!!!!!, Wake(3), Union(3)

Deaths Removed
Bladen 1

CONGREGATE DEATHS continue to drive the increase. 17 congregate and 10 unknowns reported today.
8/6/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1147 <- 90% reporting (was 1167 at 93% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1092 Deaths are now Congregate (+27)
316 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+5)
+42 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

684 Deaths assumed General Population (+10)
1408 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+32)

327 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+5)
Nursing Homes 172 -> 175
Resident Care 98 -> 99
Correctional 39 -> 40
Other 13 -> 13

WRAL is at 2071* deaths

1979 positive cases over 31028 new tests. 6.4% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 31028 but DHHS claims only 29418 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/6 MORE BACKLOG
8/5(4), 8/4(10), 8/3(4), 8/2(3), 8/1(3), 7/31(3), 7/30, 7/25, 7/23(2), 7/21, 7/20(2), 7/13, 7/10, 7/6(3), 7/5, 7/3, and 6/26

1979 cases.... that is the big drama over not reporting 4 days cases.... as I said, it would be a couple hundred more and not change the trend line.
8/7/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1123 <- 90% reporting (was 1147 at 90% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1112 Deaths are now Congregate (+20)
331 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+15)

691 Deaths assumed General Population (+7)
1443 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+35)

332 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+5)
Nursing Homes 175 -> 177
Resident Care 99 -> 100
Correctional 40 -> 42
Other 13 -> 13

WRAL is at 2115* deaths

1545 positive cases over 35026 new tests. 4.4% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 35026 but DHHS claims only 25212 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/7
8/6(4), 8/5(8), 8/4(8), 8/3(3), 8/2, 8/1(4), 7/31(4), 7/30(2), 7/29(2), 7/27, 7/22, 7/21(2), 7/20, 7/18

TWENTY more Congregate deaths and FIFTEEN(!!!!) Unknown. How can you not know where people live? Make a call.

Wake with 27 deaths added the last 2 days.

8/8/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1129 <- 87% reporting (was 1123 at 90% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1118 Deaths are now Congregate (+6)
340 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+9)
+26 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

702 Deaths assumed General Population (+11)
1458 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+15)

329 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (-3)
Nursing Homes 177 -> 174
Resident Care 100 -> 100
Correctional 42 -> 42
Other 13 -> 13

WRAL is at 2158* deaths

1954 positive cases over 29954 new tests. 6.5% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 29954 but DHHS claims only 27034 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/8
8/7(7), 8/6(7), 8/5, 8/4, 8/3(3), 8/1(4), 7/28, 7/27(2), 7/24

Dates of Deaths REMOVED 8/8
7/18, 6/11

Today was the second worst day for lagged cases in the last month with almost 15% of cases reported today coming 7/29 or earlier.

8/9/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1109 <- 84% reporting (was 1129 at 87% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1127 Deaths are now Congregate (+9)
339 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (-1)
+8 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

702 Deaths assumed General Population (+0)
1466 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+8)

333 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+4)
Nursing Homes 174 -> 176
Resident Care 100 -> 101
Correctional 42 -> 43
Other 13 -> 13

WRAL is at 2183* deaths

1452 positive cases over 16782 new tests. 8.7% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 16782 but DHHS claims only 16749 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/9 ALL CONGREGATE
8/8, 8/7(3), 8/6, 8/2, 7/18, 7/10
DrummerboyWolf
Here is a story about how a Kansas Department of Health and Environment Secretary is caught using a doctored chart to enforce the mask mandate. I doubt they are the only one.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/top-state-official-caught-using-doctored-chart-data-to-push-face-mask-mandate
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Bell Tower Grey
The plannedemic is unfolding nicely for some shepherds and their sheep. For the rest of us, it's past time for the bull**** to stop.
Pacfanweb
DrummerboyWolf said:

Here is a story about how a Kansas Department of Health and Environment Secretary is caught using a doctored chart to enforce the mask mandate. I doubt they are the only one.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/top-state-official-caught-using-doctored-chart-data-to-push-face-mask-mandate
Wish someone in the media would call out Roy and Co. for the same thing, given that doctored peak they did away with
DrummerboyWolf
Dr. Richard Bartlett is on with Glenn Beck right now. He is a primary care and ER doctor and he is talking just basic medicine and lots of common sense. He has a website of what he is doing to treat Covid patients and he is having a whole lot of success. I will place a link to his website and download the pdf. Later on, you can listen to Beck's podcast hour #2 at the start.

www.covidsilverbullet.com

Here is the link to beck's website and you can listen to the podcast later.
www.glennbeck.com

Edit: I just went to Dr. Bartlett's website and there are some media interviews and lots of information about what he uses. Website says he has had 100% success with his patients.
PackBacker07
I don't know anything about this person first off, but has any doctor in the history of the world had a 100% success rate?
Y'all means ALL.
DrummerboyWolf
PackBacker07 said:

I don't know anything about this person first off, but has any doctor in the history of the world had a 100% success rate?
Sorry, I worded that poorly. His website says he has 100% success with his Covid patients.
DrummerboyWolf
Let me add that Dr. Bartlett was talking about treating patients early. A lot of hospitals and doctors are telling patients to just stay at home until you are in lots of distress. He takes the position that this is a virus that attacks the lungs. It just basic medicine in the doctor/patient relationship. One size does not fit all. If people cannot breathe properly then that affects everything else. He treats his patients with an INHALED steroid early to help them breathe easier. The steroid only costs $3 or so, so treatment is fairly cheap too. He also has his patients on zinc and a coated aspirin and some anti-biotics.
Civilized
DrummerboyWolf said:

PackBacker07 said:

Sorry, I worded that poorly. His website says he has 100% success with his Covid patients.

The same still holds.

Either his sample size is small, his patients aren't very sick, or he's defining 'success' in a way that is clinically worthless.

No medical treatment in the history of the world has had 100% efficacy.
wilmwolf
Not defending that guy's work at all, I haven't looked at it, and would be very skeptical of the claims, but it is interesting to me that we only care about sample size when the results are positive. They study one hundred people in Germany and now we've got people definitively saying 70% of people with covid have heart damage. Frankly, I'm pretty skeptical of everything at this point. I trust science, but there's to many moving parts, too many errors, and too much manipulation of data for varying reasons to say much of anything definitively at this point. The virus is very real, and a small percentage of those affected with it suffer severe symptoms up to and including death. Outside of that, who the hell knows.
Wayland
DHHS is late posting today. Wonder if they are trying to find some lagged cases to harvest to add to the case total.
Civilized
wilmwolf80 said:

Not defending that guy's work at all, I haven't looked at it, and would be very skeptical of the claims, but it is interesting to me that we only care about sample size when the results are positive. They study one hundred people in Germany and now we've got people definitively saying 70% of people with covid have heart damage. Frankly, I'm pretty skeptical of everything at this point. I trust science, but there's to many moving parts, too many errors, and too much manipulation of data for varying reasons to say much of anything definitively at this point. The virus is very real, and a small percentage of those affected with it suffer severe symptoms up to and including death. Outside of that, who the hell knows.

I don't know who 'we' is when you say 'we' only care about sample size when results are positive.

If you care about clinical or scientific significance, you should care about sample size all the time. Tiny samples aren't clinically significant.

Healthy skepticism is warranted at this point.
wilmwolf
We is just society in general. I see in general way more skepticism from any claim of success, and conversely a single case of adverse results is taken as gospel. How many times has the case of the one pitcher who apparently has heart issues after covid been cited as definitive proof that sports shouldn't be played? I've seen it posted on the football board multiple times. I try to hold a high standard of proof on both sides. Probably most of the folks here in this thread do too, just doesn't seem to be the case nationally.
Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

DHHS is late posting today. Wonder if they are trying to find some lagged cases to harvest to add to the case total.
They are like me and consumed by the impacts of Covid on college football. I've been texting with my son and some other parents all morning as they all wonder about the Fall season. As you can imagine, my son is dealing with a lot right now.
DrummerboyWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

We is just society in general. I see in general way more skepticism from any claim of success, and conversely a single case of adverse results is taken as gospel. How many times has the case of the one pitcher who apparently has heart issues after covid been cited as definitive proof that sports shouldn't be played? I've seen it posted on the football board multiple times. I try to hold a high standard of proof on both sides. Probably most of the folks here in this thread do too, just doesn't seem to be the case nationally.
This in a nutshell. If the doctors appear on conservative media, endorse HCQ, or have had success treating patents for Covid, we, as a society, are supposed to not believe their results although they have real world experience treating real world patients. They are being vilified for their opinion and expertise. Some people think anything Fauci says is the Gospel, but in the real world, Fauci has not treated a patient in over 30 years. Why not listen to Dr. Bartlett, Dr. Gold, Dr. Scott Atlas, Dr. Risch from Yale, and even Dr. Immanuel. These people are either looking at data differently or actually treating patients and having success. I would think most doctors want to save lives and these doctors are doing that. You may not agree with them politically, but listen to their experience.
statefan91
DrummerboyWolf said:

wilmwolf80 said:

This in a nutshell. If the doctors appear on conservative media, endorse HCQ, or have had success treating patents for Covid, we, as a society, are supposed to not believe their results although they have real world experience treating real world patients. They are being vilified for their opinion and expertise. Some people think anything Fauci says is the Gospel, but in the real world, Fauci has not treated a patient in over 30 years. Why not listen to Dr. Bartlett, Dr. Gold, Dr. Scott Atlas, Dr. Risch from Yale, and even Dr. Emanuel. These people are either looking at data differently or actually treating patients and having success. I would think most doctors want to save lives and these doctors are doing that. You may not agree with them politically, but listen to their experience.
I think it's just the question of 100% efficacy seems unlikely. However, any positive treatment is great.

I looked at the site you linked to and the case study information - http://covidsilverbullet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Bartlett_COVID_Case_Study.pdf. Unfortunately this study and the 100% efficacy is only 2 patients. I would love for this to be a silver bullet, just need to be able to show it works on more than a couple patients.
Wayland
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Quote:

7/31/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1229 <- 91% reporting (was 1239 at 89% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1010 Deaths are now Congregate (+8)
282 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+5)

632 Deaths assumed General Population (+8)
1292 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+13)

309 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+12)
Nursing Homes 160 -> 164
Resident Care 90 -> 94
Correctional 31 -> 34
Other 16 -> 17

WRAL is at 1929* deaths

1954 positive cases over 32178 new tests. 6.1% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 32178 but DHHS claims only 27741 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 7/30 - +21, +2 Previously Missing Date, 1 Death Removed
7/30(2), 7/29(10), 7/28(4), 7/27(2), 7/26, 7/25(3), 7/21, 7/20

1 death removed on 6/25
8/1/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1151 <- 92% reporting (was 1229 at 91% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1031 Deaths are now Congregate (+21)
291 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+9)

642 Deaths assumed General Population (+10)
1322 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+30)

304 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (-5)
Nursing Homes 164 -> 162
Resident Care 94 -> 95
Correctional 34 -> 33
Other 17 -> 14

WRAL is at 1952* deaths

1730 positive cases over 29310 new tests. 5.9% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 29310 but DHHS claims only 26510 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/1 40 deaths
7/31(6), 7/30(13), 7/29(3), 7/28(5), 7/26(2), 7/25(3), 7/24(3), 7/23, 7/22, 7/21, 7/20, and 7/14

Congregate deaths continue to be through the roof. 116 congregate and 60 unknown deaths reported the last 10 days.

Case reporting lag is getting super tight. Next two days case numbers should plummet.
8/2/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1142 <- 85% reporting (was 1151 at 92% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1033 Deaths are now Congregate (+2)
292 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+1)
+5 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

644 Deaths assumed General Population (+2)
1325 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+3)

305 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+1)
Nursing Homes 162 -> 162
Resident Care 95 -> 95
Correctional 33 -> 34
Other 14 -> 14

WRAL is at 1992* deaths

1341 positive cases over 27098 new tests. 4.9% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 27098 but DHHS claims only 24962 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/2
8/1, 7/31, 7/30, 7/22 and one missing.

Cases by date of specimen keep declining. If they continue to call this 'stabilization' it is a bold faced lie.

8/3/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1057 <- 79% reporting (was 1142 at 85% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1038 Deaths are now Congregate (+5)
295 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+3)
+13 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

649 Deaths assumed General Population (+5)
1333 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+8)

307 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+2)
Nursing Homes 162 -> 163
Resident Care 95 -> 95
Correctional 34 -> 34
Other 14 -> 15

WRAL is at 2000* deaths

1313 positive cases over 23900 new tests. 5.5% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 23900 but DHHS claims only 20378 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/3
8/2(2), 8/1(7), 7/31, 7/30, 7/29, and 7/26
They also removed 1 death from the missing dates of death tally, but I couldn't locate a 14th death assigned.

RE: Hospitalizations. Someone big in the Triad likely missed reporting. Their numbers dropped too far in one day to be organic. I would figure at least 80 additional if the missing hospital was in.
8/4/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1166 <- 92% reporting (was 1057 at 79% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1048 Deaths are now Congregate (+10)
301 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+6)
+28 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

661 Deaths assumed General Population (+12)
1349 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+16)

321 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+14)
Nursing Homes 163 -> 170
Resident Care 95 -> 98
Correctional 34 -> 37
Other 15 -> 16

WRAL is at 2015* deaths

1629 positive cases over 16616 new tests. 9.8% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 16616 but DHHS claims only 9667 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/4
8/3(2), 8/2(8), 8/1(9), 7/31(1), 7/30(3), 7/21, 7/19, 7/14, 7/2, and 1 added to Missing DoD.

Cases are higher than I would have guessed for lag. I think the case numbers are being bumped some by outbreak testing. A number of new correctional and nursing outbreaks caught. Did a quick glance down county data, and other than Meck posting a little higher than average lately (around 300 cases) most of the other case increases are from smaller counties having slightly higher case totals reported.

The amount of tests done is obscenely low and shows that it is all basically hospital cases, not outside labs being counted.
8/5/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1167 <- 93% reporting (was 1166 at 92% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1065 Deaths are now Congregate (+17)
311 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+10)
+40 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

674 Deaths assumed General Population (+13)
1376 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+27)

322 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+1)
Nursing Homes 170 -> 172
Resident Care 98 -> 98
Correctional 37 -> 39
Other 16 -> 13

WRAL is at 2039* deaths

1127 positive cases over 19624 new tests. 5.7% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 19624 but DHHS claims only 19444 completed tests

BACKLOG DAY
Dates of Death Reported 8/5
8/4, 8/3(5), 8/2(4), 8/1(4), 7/31(5), 7/30(4), 7/29(2), 7/28(5), 7/27(3), 7/26, 7/25, 7/24(4), 7/23(2), 7/8 , 7/6, 6/30

One removed on 7/14. I am getting one additional death assigned than should be accounted for, but there could be another removal that I am missing or just a reporting error.

Lowest case reported day since June

Deaths Added by County
Camden(2), Chatham(1), Davie(1), Duplin(1), Forsyth(2), Gaston(1), Granville(1), Guilford(3), Harnett(2), Haywood(1), McDowell(2), Meck(2), New Hanover(1), Richmond(1), Stanly(13)!!!!!!!!, Wake(3), Union(3)

Deaths Removed
Bladen 1

CONGREGATE DEATHS continue to drive the increase. 17 congregate and 10 unknowns reported today.
8/6/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1147 <- 90% reporting (was 1167 at 93% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1092 Deaths are now Congregate (+27)
316 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+5)

684 Deaths assumed General Population (+10)
1408 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+32)

327 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+5)
Nursing Homes 172 -> 175
Resident Care 98 -> 99
Correctional 39 -> 40
Other 13 -> 13

WRAL is at 2071* deaths

1979 positive cases over 31028 new tests. 6.4% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 31028 but DHHS claims only 29418 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/6 MORE BACKLOG
8/5(4), 8/4(10), 8/3(4), 8/2(3), 8/1(3), 7/31(3), 7/30, 7/25, 7/23(2), 7/21, 7/20(2), 7/13, 7/10, 7/6(3), 7/5, 7/3, and 6/26

1979 cases.... that is the big drama over not reporting 4 days cases.... as I said, it would be a couple hundred more and not change the trend line.
8/7/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1123 <- 90% reporting (was 1147 at 90% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1112 Deaths are now Congregate (+20)
331 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+15)

691 Deaths assumed General Population (+7)
1443 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+35)

332 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+5)
Nursing Homes 175 -> 177
Resident Care 99 -> 100
Correctional 40 -> 42
Other 13 -> 13

WRAL is at 2115* deaths

1545 positive cases over 35026 new tests. 4.4% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 35026 but DHHS claims only 25212 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/7
8/6(4), 8/5(8), 8/4(8), 8/3(3), 8/2, 8/1(4), 7/31(4), 7/30(2), 7/29(2), 7/27, 7/22, 7/21(2), 7/20, 7/18

TWENTY more Congregate deaths and FIFTEEN(!!!!) Unknown. How can you not know where people live? Make a call.

Wake with 27 deaths added the last 2 days.

8/8/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1129 <- 87% reporting (was 1123 at 90% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1118 Deaths are now Congregate (+6)
340 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+9)
+26 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

702 Deaths assumed General Population (+11)
1458 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+15)

329 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (-3)
Nursing Homes 177 -> 174
Resident Care 100 -> 100
Correctional 42 -> 42
Other 13 -> 13

WRAL is at 2158* deaths

1954 positive cases over 29954 new tests. 6.5% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 29954 but DHHS claims only 27034 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/8
8/7(7), 8/6(7), 8/5, 8/4, 8/3(3), 8/1(4), 7/28, 7/27(2), 7/24

Dates of Deaths REMOVED 8/8
7/18, 6/11

Today was the second worst day for lagged cases in the last month with almost 15% of cases reported today coming 7/29 or earlier.

8/9/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1109 <- 84% reporting (was 1129 at 87% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1127 Deaths are now Congregate (+9)
339 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (-1)
+8 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

702 Deaths assumed General Population (+0)
1466 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+8)

333 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+4)
Nursing Homes 174 -> 176
Resident Care 100 -> 101
Correctional 42 -> 43
Other 13 -> 13

WRAL is at 2183* deaths

1452 positive cases over 16782 new tests. 8.7% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 16782 but DHHS claims only 16749 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/9 ALL CONGREGATE
8/8, 8/7(3), 8/6, 8/2, 7/18, 7/10

8/10/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1111 <- 84% reporting (was 1109 at 80% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1128 Deaths are now Congregate (+1)
340 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+1)
+4 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

704 Deaths assumed General Population (+2)
1468 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+2)

333 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+0)
Nursing Homes 176 -> 176
Resident Care 101 -> 101
Correctional 43 -> 43
Other 13 -> 13

WRAL is at 2189* deaths

626 positive cases over 15371 new tests. 4.1% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 15371 but DHHS claims only 13392 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/10
8/9(2), 8/7(2)

Lowest cases in forever (6/2). 5% positive on DHHS metric. Lag has bit them in the ass.

Will keep looking. Knew it was going to be low. Thought it would be tomorrow with the low low though. Guess they want it higher tomorrow for briefing day.
bigeric
I don't think any doctor wants to lose a patient.

While Dr. Fauci may not have treated a patient for many years, he has the American population as his patient list.

He views each person as his patient, and doesn't want to lose even one.

His error is that he has only one patient, the population as a whole, and he is mistreating that patient.
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
statefan91
NC DHHS site shows 6% positivity on their chart...that seems pretty significant.
Wayland
statefan91 said:

NC DHHS site shows 6% positivity on their chart...that seems pretty significant.
5% for today.
statefan91
Awesome.

Also, looking at Mecklenburg's data dashboard page annoys the crap out of me. Look at the graph below. The orange bars are positives, and the blue negatives.

So instead of formatting it so you can compare the daily positives to each other, which is what is actually helpful, they have it formatted so the negatives are the base. You really can't tell anything about the orange bars based on this graph.

First Page Last Page
Page 139 of 567

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.