Coronavirus

2,019,003 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Werewolf
ncsualum05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think it's appalling and sick that in 6 months of the US having this virus on our shores and at least 2 months of seeing it around the world that we STILL do not have a treatment or prescription if you will that helps. Wear your mask, stay home, social distance, keep things partially shut down, if we have an issue we shut down even more. It's the same message from March except for the mask part of it. I believe we might have had a standard to give people before they get critical but it was politicized from the onset. I also think the NIH and FDA are in cahoots with big pharma which make cheap proven treatments bad business for them.
Packchem91
Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

NC DHHS site shows 6% positivity on their chart...that seems pretty significant.
5% for today.
And what is the adjusted rate -- that is, if discount the results that were taken 3 weeks ago and should not be counted in the current % positive rate?
Wayland
Packchem91 said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

NC DHHS site shows 6% positivity on their chart...that seems pretty significant.
5% for today.
And what is the adjusted rate -- that is, if discount the results that were taken 3 weeks ago and should not be counted in the current % positive rate?
That is DHHS's wonky trending high however we calculate it rate. The raw delta's had it closer to 4%.

So if DHHS is that low....
Wayland
Interesting analysis by Gu. Who is a pure data guy. Go through the whole thread.

Packchem91
Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

5% for today.
That is DHHS's wonky trending high however we calculate it rate. The raw delta's had it closer to 4%.

And that's why these guys can't be trusted. I have no issue with identifying that some cases are old and counting them overall....but they CAN NOT be counted in current metrics IF you are using those metrics for policy. I mean, this is like "data integrity, 101", and I'm not sure how this doesn't scream from the page when all the media types look at this each week.
kmb717
Someone please point it out to me if I missed it, but I have not seen one news outlet in NC report on today's reported cases being the lowest in over 2 months.

We certainly know there would be dozens of posts if there was a new high. That should tell you all you need to know about how the media is portraying this thing.
Wayland
kmb717 said:

Someone please point it out to me if I missed it, but I have not seen one news outlet in NC report on today's reported cases being the lowest in over 2 months.

We certainly know there would be dozens of posts if there was a new high. That should tell you all you need to know about how the media is portraying this thing.
ABC 11 just tweeted recently. WRAL skipped over it.
Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

5% for today.

As I understand it, DHHS calculates their percentage using only testing results that are electronically reported. According to the explanation on their site, the manual reports of positive tests often do not include the negative tests, so they do not include them. The issue is they never tell us the numerator and denominator, so it is hard to tell the basis for the percentage.
Packchem91
Daviewolf83 said:

Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

5% for today.

As I understand it, DHHS calculates their percentage using only testing results that are electronically reported. According to the explanation on their site, the manual reports of positive tests often do not include the negative tests, so they do not include them. The issue is they never tell us the numerator and denominator, so it is hard to tell the basis for the percentage.
that's a good gig if you can get away with it.
Wayland
So I was just playing in the spreadsheets. And check out how the positive cases decouple from hospitalizations starting at the end of May/early June. I hadn't realized how closely tied they were before that.

bigeric
Have a question.
Once hospitalized, are further tests, and its results, reported
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
Wayland
DHHS is already in with the 'lab excuse' again. They said one lab missed full reporting today. We saw the 'MASSIVE' impact that had last week....

Again, we were okay just a couple weeks ago with over 1000 of the cases being reported any given day being over a week old. But now 'one lab' does make it's late week reporting and it is panictown.

Yes, the 626 is a bit of a reporting anomaly because the current day's reporting mostly takes from weekend cases (and apparently one lab missing), but when the true number of cases being collected on any given day is around 1300-1400 and you keep having daily reports of 1900, you have to make it up somewhere. In fact, the last 2 Sundays have had less than 700 cases collected a day and the last 2 Saturdays were both under 1000 cases.

So, YES, due to data aggregation oddities we were due to have a couple days below 1000, but all DHHS and media need to make excuses for it. When they don't feel the need to make those same excuses for the peaks (I am looking at you 7/30).
statefan91
Could be that there's a smaller peak for hospitalization 8/6 or 8/7 and were headed down like the positivity, will just have to wait and see I guess
packgrad
Thread about TCell immunity.

TheStorm
wilmwolf80 said:

Not defending that guy's work at all, I haven't looked at it, and would be very skeptical of the claims, but it is interesting to me that we only care about sample size when the results are positive. They study one hundred people in Germany and now we've got people definitively saying 70% of people with covid have heart damage. Frankly, I'm pretty skeptical of everything at this point. I trust science, but there's to many moving parts, too many errors, and too much manipulation of data for varying reasons to say much of anything definitively at this point. The virus is very real, and a small percentage of those affected with it suffer severe symptoms up to and including death. Outside of that, who the hell knows.
I knew who you were talking about when you said "we" the first time... shouldn't have had to apologize for it because it's true.
ncsualum05
packgrad said:

This is interesting. I'd love to hear more about this. At this point I care more about treatment, T-cell or immunity news. I wonder what % NC is at as far as infected. I know what the numbers are that are reported but a lot of people never get tested or have symptoms right? So it could be 10 times what's reported.
wilmwolf
^The antibody studies have shown that it is possibly 10-20 times higher infection rates than reported. To my point earlier about anything good being put down, anytime a study like that comes out, all we hear is how unreliable the antibody tests are. Everyone ignores the reports about the regular tests being unreliable and counts all those numbers as gospel though. If herd immunity is achievable at those numbers, and if the antibody tests are even close to being right, that would be immensely good news.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Wayland
ncsualum05 said:

packgrad said:

This is interesting. I'd love to hear more about this. At this point I care more about treatment, T-cell or immunity news. I wonder what % NC is at as far as infected. I know what the numbers are that are reported but a lot of people never get tested or have symptoms right? So it could be 10 times what's reported.
Could be as far as past infections go. We will never really know the percentage. Youyang Gu (https://covid19-projections.com/) has NC at 9% right now. But it is really all guesses. Were early low cases due to lack of testing, lack of cases, or both.

And because the further out from the infection the less reliable an AB test is, we may never truly know.
DrummerboyWolf
Dr. Scott Atlas has been talking a lot about T-cell immunity for a while. One of those frontline doctors was talking about it to in an interview I saw last night.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
IseWolf22
wilmwolf80 said:

^The antibody studies have shown that it is possibly 10-20 times higher infection rates than reported. To my point earlier about anything good being put down, anytime a study like that comes out, all we hear is how unreliable the antibody tests are. Everyone ignores the reports about the regular tests being unreliable and counts all those numbers as gospel though. If herd immunity is achievable at those numbers, and if the antibody tests are even close to being right, that would be immensely good news.

The nature of antibody tests is that they over represent infection rate. This is not particular to Covid. You test much lager amounts of people who have no reason for a traditional test and increased false positives are expected. I've laid out the math in this thread before.

The people conducting these studies know this, but it hasn't made it into most articles I've seen who reference the studies. Antibody tests work best when compared to other anitbody tests (to show trends) or when you've completed enough testing to have a really good idea on your type I and type II error percentages.
Wayland
Wonder if DHHS didn't get enough cases in again. They are late posting. Probably hoping more labs will report.
ncsualum05
Wayland said:

Wonder if DHHS didn't get enough cases in again. They are late posting. Probably hoping more labs will report.
What the hell? It's almost 4 and they still don't have their daily update! Infections must be dropping big time! Or did the intern get COVID? And if the intern got COVID does that mean it goes away for 2 weeks?!
Wayland
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Quote:

7/31/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1229 <- 91% reporting (was 1239 at 89% yesterday)
Completed Tests

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1010 Deaths are now Congregate (+8)
282 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+5)
+21 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

632 Deaths assumed General Population (+8)
1292 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+13)

309 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+12)
Nursing Homes 160 -> 164
Resident Care 90 -> 94
Correctional 31 -> 34
Other 16 -> 17
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRAL is at 1929* deaths

1954 positive cases over 32178 new tests. 6.1% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 32178 but DHHS claims only 27741 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 7/30 - +21, +2 Previously Missing Date, 1 Death Removed
7/30(2), 7/29(10), 7/28(4), 7/27(2), 7/26, 7/25(3), 7/21, 7/20

1 death removed on 6/25
8/1/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1151 <- 92% reporting (was 1229 at 91% yesterday)
Completed Tests

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1031 Deaths are now Congregate (+21)
291 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+9)
+21 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

642 Deaths assumed General Population (+10)
1322 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+30)

304 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (-5)
Nursing Homes 164 -> 162
Resident Care 94 -> 95
Correctional 34 -> 33
Other 17 -> 14
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRAL is at 1952* deaths

1730 positive cases over 29310 new tests. 5.9% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 29310 but DHHS claims only 26510 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/1 40 deaths
7/31(6), 7/30(13), 7/29(3), 7/28(5), 7/26(2), 7/25(3), 7/24(3), 7/23, 7/22, 7/21, 7/20, and 7/14

Congregate deaths continue to be through the roof. 116 congregate and 60 unknown deaths reported the last 10 days.

Case reporting lag is getting super tight. Next two days case numbers should plummet.
8/2/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1142 <- 85% reporting (was 1151 at 92% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1033 Deaths are now Congregate (+2)
292 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+1)
+5 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

644 Deaths assumed General Population (+2)
1325 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+3)

305 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+1)
Nursing Homes 162 -> 162
Resident Care 95 -> 95
Correctional 33 -> 34
Other 14 -> 14

WRAL is at 1992* deaths

1341 positive cases over 27098 new tests. 4.9% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 27098 but DHHS claims only 24962 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/2
8/1, 7/31, 7/30, 7/22 and one missing.

Cases by date of specimen keep declining. If they continue to call this 'stabilization' it is a bold faced lie.

8/3/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1057 <- 79% reporting (was 1142 at 85% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1038 Deaths are now Congregate (+5)
295 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+3)
+13 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

649 Deaths assumed General Population (+5)
1333 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+8)

307 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+2)
Nursing Homes 162 -> 163
Resident Care 95 -> 95
Correctional 34 -> 34
Other 14 -> 15

WRAL is at 2000* deaths

1313 positive cases over 23900 new tests. 5.5% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 23900 but DHHS claims only 20378 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/3
8/2(2), 8/1(7), 7/31, 7/30, 7/29, and 7/26
They also removed 1 death from the missing dates of death tally, but I couldn't locate a 14th death assigned.

RE: Hospitalizations. Someone big in the Triad likely missed reporting. Their numbers dropped too far in one day to be organic. I would figure at least 80 additional if the missing hospital was in.
8/4/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1166 <- 92% reporting (was 1057 at 79% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1048 Deaths are now Congregate (+10)
301 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+6)
+28 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

661 Deaths assumed General Population (+12)
1349 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+16)

321 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+14)
Nursing Homes 163 -> 170
Resident Care 95 -> 98
Correctional 34 -> 37
Other 15 -> 16

WRAL is at 2015* deaths

1629 positive cases over 16616 new tests. 9.8% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 16616 but DHHS claims only 9667 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/4
8/3(2), 8/2(8), 8/1(9), 7/31(1), 7/30(3), 7/21, 7/19, 7/14, 7/2, and 1 added to Missing DoD.

Cases are higher than I would have guessed for lag. I think the case numbers are being bumped some by outbreak testing. A number of new correctional and nursing outbreaks caught. Did a quick glance down county data, and other than Meck posting a little higher than average lately (around 300 cases) most of the other case increases are from smaller counties having slightly higher case totals reported.

The amount of tests done is obscenely low and shows that it is all basically hospital cases, not outside labs being counted.
8/5/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1167 <- 93% reporting (was 1166 at 92% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1065 Deaths are now Congregate (+17)
311 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+10)
+40 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

674 Deaths assumed General Population (+13)
1376 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+27)

322 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+1)
Nursing Homes 170 -> 172
Resident Care 98 -> 98
Correctional 37 -> 39
Other 16 -> 13

WRAL is at 2039* deaths

1127 positive cases over 19624 new tests. 5.7% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 19624 but DHHS claims only 19444 completed tests

BACKLOG DAY
Dates of Death Reported 8/5
8/4, 8/3(5), 8/2(4), 8/1(4), 7/31(5), 7/30(4), 7/29(2), 7/28(5), 7/27(3), 7/26, 7/25, 7/24(4), 7/23(2), 7/8 , 7/6, 6/30

One removed on 7/14. I am getting one additional death assigned than should be accounted for, but there could be another removal that I am missing or just a reporting error.

Lowest case reported day since June

Deaths Added by County
Camden(2), Chatham(1), Davie(1), Duplin(1), Forsyth(2), Gaston(1), Granville(1), Guilford(3), Harnett(2), Haywood(1), McDowell(2), Meck(2), New Hanover(1), Richmond(1), Stanly(13)!!!!!!!!, Wake(3), Union(3)

Deaths Removed
Bladen 1

CONGREGATE DEATHS continue to drive the increase. 17 congregate and 10 unknowns reported today.
8/6/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1147 <- 90% reporting (was 1167 at 93% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1092 Deaths are now Congregate (+27)
316 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+5)
+42 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

684 Deaths assumed General Population (+10)
1408 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+32)

327 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+5)
Nursing Homes 172 -> 175
Resident Care 98 -> 99
Correctional 39 -> 40
Other 13 -> 13

WRAL is at 2071* deaths

1979 positive cases over 31028 new tests. 6.4% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 31028 but DHHS claims only 29418 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/6 MORE BACKLOG
8/5(4), 8/4(10), 8/3(4), 8/2(3), 8/1(3), 7/31(3), 7/30, 7/25, 7/23(2), 7/21, 7/20(2), 7/13, 7/10, 7/6(3), 7/5, 7/3, and 6/26

1979 cases.... that is the big drama over not reporting 4 days cases.... as I said, it would be a couple hundred more and not change the trend line.
8/7/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1123 <- 90% reporting (was 1147 at 90% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1112 Deaths are now Congregate (+20)
331 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+15)
+42 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

691 Deaths assumed General Population (+7)
1443 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+35)

332 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+5)
Nursing Homes 175 -> 177
Resident Care 99 -> 100
Correctional 40 -> 42
Other 13 -> 13

WRAL is at 2115* deaths

1545 positive cases over 35026 new tests. 4.4% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 35026 but DHHS claims only 25212 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/7
8/6(4), 8/5(8), 8/4(8), 8/3(3), 8/2, 8/1(4), 7/31(4), 7/30(2), 7/29(2), 7/27, 7/22, 7/21(2), 7/20, 7/18

TWENTY more Congregate deaths and FIFTEEN(!!!!) Unknown. How can you not know where people live? Make a call.

Wake with 27 deaths added the last 2 days.

8/8/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1129 <- 87% reporting (was 1123 at 90% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1118 Deaths are now Congregate (+6)
340 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+9)
+26 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

702 Deaths assumed General Population (+11)
1458 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+15)

329 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (-3)
Nursing Homes 177 -> 174
Resident Care 100 -> 100
Correctional 42 -> 42
Other 13 -> 13

WRAL is at 2158* deaths

1954 positive cases over 29954 new tests. 6.5% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 29954 but DHHS claims only 27034 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/8
8/7(7), 8/6(7), 8/5, 8/4, 8/3(3), 8/1(4), 7/28, 7/27(2), 7/24

Dates of Deaths REMOVED 8/8
7/18, 6/11

Today was the second worst day for lagged cases in the last month with almost 15% of cases reported today coming 7/29 or earlier.

8/9/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1109 <- 84% reporting (was 1129 at 87% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1127 Deaths are now Congregate (+9)
339 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (-1)
+8 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

702 Deaths assumed General Population (+0)
1466 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+8)

333 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+4)
Nursing Homes 174 -> 176
Resident Care 100 -> 101
Correctional 42 -> 43
Other 13 -> 13

WRAL is at 2183* deaths

1452 positive cases over 16782 new tests. 8.7% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 16782 but DHHS claims only 16749 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/9 ALL CONGREGATE
8/8, 8/7(3), 8/6, 8/2, 7/18, 7/10

8/10/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1111 <- 84% reporting (was 1109 at 80% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1128 Deaths are now Congregate (+1)
340 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+1)
+4 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

704 Deaths assumed General Population (+2)
1468 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+2)

333 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (+0)
Nursing Homes 176 -> 176
Resident Care 101 -> 101
Correctional 43 -> 43
Other 13 -> 13

WRAL is at 2189* deaths

626 positive cases over 15371 new tests. 4.1% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 15371 but DHHS claims only 13392 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/10
8/9(2), 8/7(2)

Lowest cases in forever (6/2). 5% positive on DHHS metric. Lag has bit them in the ass.

Will keep looking. Knew it was going to be low. Thought it would be tomorrow with the low low though. Guess they want it higher tomorrow for briefing day.
8/11/2020 Morning DHHS update

NC Cases
NC Deaths
Currently Hospitalized
1122 <- 92% reporting (was 1111 at 84% yesterday)
Completed Tests

1140 Deaths are now Congregate (+12)
349 Deaths are now Unknown Setting (+9)
+32 Deaths Overall since yesterday.

715 Deaths assumed General Population (+11)
1489 Congregate and Unknown Setting. (+21)

331 Congregate Facilities now have an outbreak. (-2)
Nursing Homes 176 -> 173
Resident Care 101 -> 101
Correctional 43 -> 44
Other 13 -> 13

WRAL is at 2192* deaths

1051 positive cases over 15579 new tests. 6.7% positive rate.

Delta completed tests 15371 but DHHS claims only 10098 completed tests

Dates of Death Reported 8/11
8/10(5), 8/9(8), 8/8(6), 8/7(3), 8/5, 8/4, 8/3(2), 7/31, 7/29, 7/28, 7/27, 7/18, 6/30, 6/28

One death removed on 7/10

Still reviewing
Wayland

SupplyChainPack
That graph looks very promising.

Still hearing that a new spike is expected. Due school return to school? I don't know...
Everpack
Everpack said:

I live in Haywood County. Small (60,000ish residents) rural WNC county. It's finally hit here and our local nursing home is absolutely eat up with it. Months and months to prepare for an outbreak. I'm sure they did everything they were told to do and it still spread like wildfire in a matter of three weeks. I'm talking 70+ cases and double digit deaths. I don't understand why we haven't dumped all resources into LTCF.

I finally have first hand knowledge of friends who have tested positive. All of them in mid to late 30's. 3-5 days of symptoms, completely mild with headache being the biggest complaint. None of them ever ran a fever over 100 degrees. None of them experienced any shortness of breath. All of them were whole home infections. Every spouse tested positive and two children. Anecdotal I know, but I felt like I've been watching a movie for four months, so it's somewhat reassuring to have someone you know experience it.

https://wlos.com/news/local/rapid-testing-staffing-keys-to-covid-outbreak-at-silver-bluff

News article about the nursing home outbreak I mentioned earlier. I struggle to see how a nursing home outbreak is somehow a reflection of the ability to slow the spread by wearing masks and using good hygiene. In fact, I would argue that it proves that viruses are going to virus regardless of what we do.
wilmwolf
I tend to agree. Early on I saw the outbreaks at care facilities as proof that those in charge had failed with their mandates, and that still may be the case, but now I tend to lean towards it being an indication that it may just not be possible to protect those folks in that setting. It would also be helpful to have a separation of which of those folks that died in those facilities died from the virus or with the virus, but I don't think that information will ever be available.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
TheStorm
NCDHHS running average on Confirmed Cases / Completed Tests was at 6.835% yesterday... lowest number since June 4 and slowly closing in on the lowest average recorded since this whole thing started.

*Lowest NCDHHS number recorded was 6.763% on May 27 (right when we were originally starting Phase 2)...
Wayland
TheStorm said:

NCDHHS running average on Confirmed Cases / Completed Tests was at 6.835% yesterday... lowest number since June 4 and slowly closing in on the lowest average recorded since this whole thing started.

*Lowest NCDHHS number recorded was 6.763% on May 27 (right when we were originally starting Phase 2)...
It will be interesting to see what happens when this week's lab results come in.

Everyone freaking out over the low number of completed tests lately. The fact that despite that number being low, the percent positive stayed down is a good sign.
Wayland
Be interesting if this out of NJ reflects reality of iatrogenesis or is just a numbers issue. That kind of fatality rate for hospitalized cases is off the charts.

TheStorm
Wayland said:

Everyone freaking out over the low number of completed tests lately.
Why? Should people get tested just to get tested? I've seen no directive from NCDHHS, Cooper or Cohen telling me that I should go get tested yet...
Wayland
TheStorm said:

Wayland said:

Everyone freaking out over the low number of completed tests lately.
Why? Should people get tested just to get tested? I've seen no directive from NCDHHS, Cooper or Cohen telling me that I should go get tested yet...
They are practically begging in briefings for people to go get tests. When they actually have briefings that is. Now that we are in 'extended modified Phase 2' for a while, they don't seem to care to address even 'hand-picked' media questions anymore.

Been a week since there has been a briefing that allowed media questions.
TheStorm
Wayland said:

The fact that despite that number being low, the percent positive stayed down is a good sign.
The percent positive has been running in the same general range in North Carolina since later portion of mid-May... the only thing that changed in any type of meaningful manner was the number of tests being done.
Wayland
WRAL has no shame. Even in the video clip the reporter admits that DHHS told them the missing cases from Monday were already added to Tuesday. But they still claim the low numbers are due to lab delays not ACTUALLY DECREASING CASES. It is amazing these morons actually have jobs reporting.

"Our data trackers learned there were 1051 cases reported Tuesday." - You mean they opened a web page? Real solid investigative work.

Asking the DHHS why cases appear to be dropping??? Maybe because less people are sick. Holy **** WRAL.

packgrad
I read part of a "study" yesterday that said wearing a neck gaiter (what I wear everyday for work) is worse than no mask at all. I'm so over this mess.
First Page Last Page
Page 140 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.