Coronavirus

2,006,335 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Werewolf
GoPack2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bas2020 said:

China most likely lied about when Corona started . It's probably been in the US for months . Once the data comes out it will probably be slightly more harmful than the regular flu . I know many people were flu sick in January in NC. That may or may not have been corona.

I'm guessing my late April / early May this thing officially ends for the most part until next Nov. like the regular flu it's going to be something we all must deal with moving forward .

3 NBA players have it out of 450 total . That means 1 out of 150. That's probably accurate nationwide and people have been getting it since 2019 and overcoming it just fine .

Frankly I'm more worried about Spring allergies .

We now have data from many countries that aren't China.

How much you worry is a personal choice. But we do have to change our behavior for a time as it's the only way to reduce the spread.
GuerrillaPack
GoPack2008 said:

How much you worry is a personal choice. But we do have to change our behavior for a time as it's the only way to reduce the spread.
Says who? The government, leftist Establishment media, and other powers-that-be are not our gods. In reality, they are the antithesis of that. They are actually the enemies of the people, and are systematically working against our best interests. You'd be much better off doing the exact opposite of what they tell you to do.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GoPack2008
Not the flu:

https://www.roi-nj.com/2020/03/14/opinion/life-at-the-epicenter-of-n-j-s-coronavirus-outbreak/

"One of my employees, who is a beloved guy here, got it in the community and came in," he said. "We had him in our ER in isolation. We were monitoring him, and the decision was: 'He seems to be doing a little bit better. We think we're going to discharge him home under self-isolation and monitor him from there.' But we wanted to wait another hour or two because we were just seeing a little indication that something's not right.

"In that two hours, he decompensated so fast. He is one of the ones in the ICU on a ventilator. He's fighting for his life. It goes that quick.

"That's what people aren't seeing. The flu doesn't do that to you. These people are going from being moderately OK to being on a vent. And the next thing that happens is they start to decompensate, and then you get into organ failure."
GoPack2008
GuerrillaPack said:

GoPack2008 said:

Says who? The government, leftist Establishment media, and other powers-that-be are not our gods. In reality, they are the antithesis of that. They are actually the enemies of the people, and are systematically working against our best interests. You'd be much better off doing the exact opposite of what they tell you to do.

Then keep at it, chief. Go win that Darwin Award.
GuerrillaPack
GoPack2008 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

GoPack2008 said:

Then keep at it, chief. Go win that Darwin Award.
Riiiiight. No...that goes to people who are foolish enough to trust the powers-that-be...and who, for instance, follow the gubmint's advice to inject themselves and their loved ones with live viruses and mercury (and other toxins) directly into their veins because the gubmint tells them that this will "protect them from disease". Ie, vaccines.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Glasswolf
Don't even think about derailing this thread with nonsense. Your post will disappear faster than a fart in the wind
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

IseWolf22
New low dude. Wait nevermind (the Earth is flat duh).
You seem to believe every conspiracy theory out there
lumberpack5
When someone claims to be an NC State fan but are unable to do basic math, are unable to understand basic microbiology, and are unable to understand complex systems - they are usually not an NC State grad and should be bear a warning that says "hey I'm a dumbass"
I like the athletic type
GuerrillaPack
lumberpack5 said:

When someone claims to be an NC State fan but are unable to do basic math, are unable to understand basic microbiology, and are unable to understand complex systems - they are usually not an NC State grad and should be bear a warning that says "hey I'm a dumbass"
I am a NC State graduate. BS in Construction Engineering and Management, with most of my engineering classes in Mann Hall. Lived on campus for all 4 years in the dorms. Freshman year in Owen, then the last 3 in Syme. We went to Syme because my roommate was a Design school major and wanted to live close to his classes. Walked accross campus almost every day to eat dinner at Fountain Dining Hall. Had all my math classes in the now destroyed Harrellson Hall (with the spiral staircases). Went to Grace community church on campus that met (at that time) in Dabney Hall (in one of the giant chemistry lecture classrooms).

I could go on and on with stories and proof.

GoPack2008
https://graphics.reuters.com/CHINA-HEALTH-SOUTHKOREA-CLUSTERS/0100B5G33SB/index.html

This is a must read.

A woman in Korea infected 1200 people by going to church.

"The Korea Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (KCDC) said on Saturday they had obtained a list of 9,300 people who had attended those two Shincheonji church services, around 1,200 of whom had complained of flu-like symptoms. Hundreds of cases have now been confirmed there."

Please, please encourage your local churches to suspend in person worship and over things over video instead. Please.
cowboypack02
GuerrillaPack said:

GoPack2008 said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

57 dead so far.

You have to be a real special ******* to mock the dead.
Meanwhile...22,000 have already died from the regular flu in the U.S. this 2019-2020 flu season. With 36 million infected, and 370,000 hospitalizations.

I don't believe this supposed "coronavirus" is any more dangerous than the regular flu. They claim the death rate is higher from coronavirus, but that number is based on the number of people they have been able to test and supposedly confirm had coronavirus. But they're only able to test a very small percentage of the population. In reality, probably 10-20+ times number of people have had the coronavirus already compared to the number they've been able to confirm via testing, with almost all of those people having minor symptoms and now being fully recovered. So the real death rate is much lower than being claimed, and comparable to the regular flu.

Careful Guerrilla....I tried to make this point a few pages back and I don't think it was received very well
PossumJenkins
That's actually not what the article says. It says 1200 complained of flu like symptoms and "hundreds of cases have now been confirmed there." Not that 1200 cases have been confirmed.

I'm with you, this things spreads quickly and easily and we gotta do our part. Just so tired of sensationalism.

I watched Dr. Fauci interviewed about flying a few days ago and he simply said, i wouldn't be traveling for any vacations but if i needed to fly i would. Then the very organization who ran the interview had anchors and the headline as "Dr. Fauci says do not travel". Very simple message that by picking and choosing was made much more dire by the media. Tired of the sensationalism.
GoPack2008
PossumJenkins said:

That's actually not what the article says. It says 1200 complained of flu like symptoms and "hundreds of cases have now been confirmed there." Not that 1200 cases have been confirmed.

I'm with you, this things spreads quickly and easily and we gotta do our part. Just so tired of sensationalism.

I watched Dr. Fauci interviewed about flying a few days ago and he simply said, i wouldn't be traveling for any vacations but if i needed to fly i would. Then the very organization who ran the interview had anchors and the headline as "Dr. Fauci says do not travel". Very simple message that by picking and choosing was made much more dire by the media. Tired of the sensationalism.

She has potentially infected 1200.

Hundreds are for sure confirmed. So say she infected 300 people instead. The point remains just as important.

You're tired of sensationalism? I'm tired of people nitpicking sensationalism when this frankly cannot be sensationalized enough. Now is the time for responsible collective action, not quibbling over tone.
GoPack2008
cowboypack02 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

GoPack2008 said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

57 dead so far.

You have to be a real special ******* to mock the dead.
Meanwhile...22,000 have already died from the regular flu in the U.S. this 2019-2020 flu season. With 36 million infected, and 370,000 hospitalizations.

I don't believe this supposed "coronavirus" is any more dangerous than the regular flu. They claim the death rate is higher from coronavirus, but that number is based on the number of people they have been able to test and supposedly confirm had coronavirus. But they're only able to test a very small percentage of the population. In reality, probably 10-20+ times number of people have had the coronavirus already compared to the number they've been able to confirm via testing, with almost all of those people having minor symptoms and now being fully recovered. So the real death rate is much lower than being claimed, and comparable to the regular flu.

Careful Guerrilla....I tried to make this point a few pages back and I don't think it was received very well

Correction: You tried to make this point and I responded with a thoughtful rebuttal with actual numbers that clarified reality.

It wasn't received well because it's a point grounded in denial.
PossumJenkins
I'm talking about a man who is leading this country's response and the exact words he said...that were then changed by the very organization he gave the interview to?

I'm not nitpicking sensationalism. I'm talking about a factual statement given by a foremost authority. Changed by the media. Since i or you can't watch every interview...how many other factual statements have been altered...just slightly...to present a different message?

And she has "potentially infected" 9300...not 1200. That's just who's complaining. I'm not arguing with you. But we have to live in the FACTS. That's all I'm asking for.
PackBacker07
packgrad
He even admits to sensationalizing it.
GoPack2008
The good news is, you guys don't have to believe it.

As long as you stay on IPS arguing against reality, you're at least not doing things that could spread the infection.
GoPack2008
PossumJenkins said:

I'm talking about a man who is leading this country's response and the exact words he said...that were then changed by the very organization he gave the interview to?

I'm not nitpicking sensationalism. I'm talking about a factual statement given by a foremost authority. Changed by the media. Since i or you can't watch every interview...how many other factual statements have been altered...just slightly...to present a different message?

And she has "potentially infected" 9300...not 1200. That's just who's complaining. I'm not arguing with you. But we have to live in the FACTS. That's all I'm asking for.

Then you're arguing with the wrong person.

Stop splitting hairs over my phrasing (your correction is correct, by the way) and focus on people who don't get it.
PackBacker07
The amount of dumbassery on this thread has really been ratcheted up the last page or two. Regardless of what "media" you choose to consume and how much your hate science and math, stay at home.
GuerrillaPack
PackBacker07 said:

The amount of dumbassery on this thread has really been ratcheted up the last page or two. Regardless of what "media" you choose to consume and how much your hate science and math, stay at home.
No. I'm living my life just as I was before this ridiculous hysteria over nothing.

Are you staying at home?
PossumJenkins
PackBacker07 said:

Cool. Glad you got it all figured out. I'm supposed to travel tmr. I own 3 businesses with a payroll of about 100 folks comprehensively. Need to travel to try to make sure we can meet those responsibilities...and within a month or less I'm not sure we'll be able to. So do i sit at home and lay-off 100 or so people...or try to figure out a way to make it work. I'll hang up and listen since you got the answers...
GuerrillaPack
Yes, the biggest threat in all of this is not some virus that is on the level of the regular flu. It's the draconian, hysterical, over-the-top reactions that are being taken by businesses, governments, etc. These actions are going to have serious consequences to the economy (as well as our civil liberties, etc). What do you think is going to happen to the economy, if we are all forced to "stay at home" for the next 4-6 weeks or more? Now that is going to actually seriously affect hundreds of thousands or millions of people, unlike this virus. Millions of people may lose their jobs, after Wall Street tanks and then there is a domino effect of hyper-panicking about the economy. But I guess many people won't get it until it is THEM (or their spouse, mother/father, etc) that loses their job over this hysteria.
lumberpack5
GuerrillaPack said:

lumberpack5 said:

I am a NC State graduate. BS in Construction Engineering and Management, with most of my engineering classes in Mann Hall. Lived on campus for all 4 years in the dorms. Freshman year in Owen, then the last 3 in Syme. We went to Syme because my roommate was a Design school major and wanted to live close to his classes. Walked accross campus almost every day to eat dinner at Fountain Dining Hall. Had all my math classes in the now destroyed Harrellson Hall (with the spiral staircases). Went to Grace community church on campus that met (at that time) in Dabney Hall (in one of the giant chemistry lecture classrooms).

\

Unlike you, I have a close immuno compromised relative and parents in their 80's. When dumbasses like you preach killing them with your stupidity I take offense. You are the epitome of Soviet's old "useful idiot" nothing more than the kind of vector that Stephen King so well documented at the beginning of the Stand.
Wayland
I think we just need honest straight forward information and the lack of testing really prevents any kind of informed decision and just leads to panic. As people have stated, no one seems to care about the tens of thousands of people that die annually in the US as part of seasonal flu.... we just accept it as reality.

Looking back a decade to the 2009 swine flu, high estimates take that death toll world wide to over 500,000 (and hitting much younger than corona), but it was barely a blip. Was it because a lot of those deaths were Africa or SE Asia? But even still the U.S number is likely 10,000+. (https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html)

I have no doubt that this is killing, but with incomplete data I have a hard time wrapping my head around the numbers. I guess it is my own failing knowing how devastating the 'seasonal' flu is annually and how deadly even recent pandemics have been to get too stressed out.

Practice good hygiene, try to protect susceptible populations, and carry forward. I feel there is a massive vacuum in leadership and failing by the U.S to provide testing and so it has made it hard to make any kind of informed decision other than to shut it all down. And so that is where we are, shutting it all down. Likely a gross overreaction but no one knows what the true numbers are. Until testing is in place, the shut down is just to prevent mass hysteria.
GuerrillaPack
lumberpack5 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

lumberpack5 said:

\

Unlike you, I have a close immuno compromised relative and parents in their 80's. When dumbasses like you preach killing them with your stupidity I take offense. You are the epitome of Soviet's old "useful idiot" nothing more than the kind of vector that Stephen King so well documented at the beginning of the Stand.
As a matter of fact....like everyone else, I also have elderly relatives that I care about.

"Preach killing old people"? That is a preposterous strawman and blatant misrepresenation of my argument. I'm no more arguing that than if I was saying we should go on with "life as usual" due to the regular flu. The regular flu has already killed 22,000 people in this 2019-2020 flu season. Coronavirus has supposedly only killed 57 so far. If this draconian reaction to the coronavirus is warranted, then what should we be doing about the regular flu?
GoPack2008
^holy hell I have addressed this idiotic flu comparison earlier in this thread.

You are wrong. Your math does not work. Please stop.

Also, how is it that you trust the CDC guidance on the flu but don't trust the CDC guidance on this?
GoPack2008
lumberpack5 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

lumberpack5 said:

\

I like how this post gets edited by staff but packgrad just trolls away and people post flat earth anti vaccine nonsense with impunity.
GuerrillaPack
GoPack2008 said:

^holy hell I have addressed this idiotic flu comparison earlier in this thread.

You are wrong. Your math does not work. Please stop.
No. I will not stop making logical arguments, based on fact. What are you...the Water Cooler police who gets to decide what people can say?
packgrad
I'm not trolling at all. You literally are incapable of accepting people have different opinions than you do. You need a hobby.
GuerrillaPack
GoPack2008 said:

lumberpack5 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

lumberpack5 said:

\

I like how this post gets edited by staff but packgrad just trolls away and people post flat earth anti vaccine nonsense with impunity.
It's not against any board rule to believe in a flat earth. Or to oppose vaccinations.

It IS against board rules to personally attack other posters -- eg, with name-calling (eg, "dumbass").

What gives you the right to say that people who have certain beliefs (flat earth, anti-vaccination) should be censored? Why would you deny them their free speech rights? What are you afraid of?
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

I'm not trolling at all. You literally are incapable of accepting people have different opinions than you do. You need a hobby.

You can have whatever opinion you want. But you're choosing to post it on a message board, and then crying when people challenge you.

Listen. This is a serious public health situation. Do as you like, but you're posts aren't going to age well, and you are endangering your loved ones. I'm trying to help you here.
GuerrillaPack
packgrad said:

That's apparently the new leftist M.O. to "win" arguments -- censor and silence their opposition.

What does that say about the factual/logical validity of leftist views/arguments that the only way they are able to "win" the argument is to silence their ideological opponents?
GuerrillaPack
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

You can have whatever opinion you want. But you're choosing to post it on a message board, and then crying when people challenge you.

Listen. This is a serious public health situation. Do as you like, but you're posts aren't going to age well, and you are endangering your loved ones. I'm trying to help you here.
YOU are crying about flat earthers and anti-vaccers, and insinuating that they should be censored.

I'm not arguing for anyone to be censored. I know that my views can withstand criticism. Can yours?
GoPack2008
GuerrillaPack said:

GoPack2008 said:

lumberpack5 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

lumberpack5 said:

\

It's not against any board rule to believe in a flat earth. Or to oppose vaccinations.

It IS against board rules to personally attack other posters -- eg, with name-calling (eg, "dumbass").

What gives you the right to say that people who have certain beliefs (flat earth, anti-vaccination) should be censored? Why would you deny them their free speech rights? What are you afraid of?

Anti-Vaxxers are a danger to society. Herd immunity is essential because not every child can be vaccinated.

Denying the reality that we are facing right now? VERY dangerous. Again, I am trying to help you understand that this is serious. Maybe not for you, but for your parents or grandparents or aunts or uncles.

Flat earthers? Couldn't care less. Everyone needs some way to feel special.
First Page Last Page
Page 11 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.