Coronavirus

1,979,969 Views | 19754 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Werewolf
GoPack2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IseWolf22 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Don't people understand that they are putting themselves at more risk by packing the stores hunting toilet paper? TP should be the least of your worries, there's more than one way to handle that particular situation.
I really do need TP. If I can't find some this weekend I'm going to have to resort to paper towels.
I never thought I'd want a bidet, but here we are.
packgrad
Evaluate in a couple of weeks. Evaluate again 2 weeks later if needed. I get that this is your obsession. People can have different opinions than you do.
statefan91
packgrad said:

Evaluate in a couple of weeks. Evaluate again 2 weeks later if needed. I get that this is your obsession. People can have different opinions than you do.
If you're evaluating every couple of weeks and players aren't practicing together and being coached, I'm not sure what good it's going to do to reform in 2 months and play a tournament.
packgrad
If they had postponed, players would still be practicing and coaches would be coaching.
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

Yeah man you can absolutely have whatever opinion you want. Never said otherwise.

But you brought your opinion to a board where other people might have different opinions. What do you expect to happen? Everyone just goes "oh wow I agree with you on everything!"?

pro leagues can suspend.

NCAA is dealing with eligibility windows. It's a different matter.
Colonel Armstrong
Genuine question: what do you think all of them are doing now? Are they quarantining or are they still going about their lives as normal?
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

If they had postponed, players would still be practicing and coaches would be coaching.
No they wouldn't.

NC State cancelled spring football practice. ACC suspended all athletic related activities.

Do you read the rest of this website?

https://insidepacksports.com/s/5610/acc-has-suspended-all-athletic-related-activities/1

After what happened with Gobert and the Jazz, nobody is taking a chance.
packgrad
I think they're all going about their lives. No idea though.
wilmwolf
I think athletes are probably joining their friends on extending spring break, and practicing the exact opposite of social distancing.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

No they wouldn't.

NC State cancelled spring football practice. ACC suspended all athletic related activities.

Do you read the rest of this website?

https://insidepacksports.com/s/5610/acc-has-suspended-all-athletic-related-activities/1

After what happened with Gobert and the Jazz, nobody is taking a chance.

If they had postponed, it would not be the same statement. Do you not understand that?
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

Yeah man you can absolutely have whatever opinion you want. Never said otherwise.

But you brought your opinion to a board where other people might have different opinions. What do you expect to happen? Everyone just goes "oh wow I agree with you on everything!"?

pro leagues can suspend.

NCAA is dealing with eligibility windows. It's a different matter.

Lol.
Colonel Armstrong
wilmwolf80 said:

I think athletes are probably joining their friends on extending spring break, and practicing the exact opposite of social distancing.
I'd probably lean towards this as well. Typically younger people (myself included) tend to believe that bad things can't happen to them.

A case can be made that players would've actually been more safe had sports been able to continue and these players could've had closer monitoring.
statefan91
King Leary said:

wilmwolf80 said:

I'd probably lean towards this as well. Typically younger people (myself included) tend to believe that bad things can't happen to them.

A case can be made that players would've actually been more safe had sports been able to continue and these players could've had closer monitoring.
Monitoring? Does that then make the school liable if one of them contracts it and has health complications? Then you're also requiring the student managers, coaches, training staff, custodial staff, etc to not be practicing social distancing and perpetuating the risk of transmission.
wilmwolf
King Leary said:

wilmwolf80 said:

I certainly don't think they would've been any more likely to get it if they had continued to play than they are now. With the arenas closed to fans, they would've come in less contact with other people than the grocery store or anywhere else they went. I don't think the organizations involved could deal with the optics of it once the NBA player tested positive. The risk of players getting sick was too big of a PR disaster waiting to happen, particularly when dealing with amateur athletes. Not that they made the wrong decision, I'm just skeptical they made it from the totally altruistic perspective that they would like us to believe. Losing a billion dollars in revenue hurts, but probably less than yet another PR black eye for an organization that has had a bunch lately.Again, I don't think it was the wrong decision, I don't think they had any choice really.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
RunsWithWolves26
As bad as I thought trump did Wednesday night addressing the nation, I believe today he has done a much better job. More info, less him and more of the professionals speaking. Good to hear about half a million test available by Monday and another 1.5 million by the end of next week as well as 5 mil by the end of the month. That in and of itself is a huge step forward. Hopefully it works. Dr. F is a really smart guy and I believe he is doing everything within his power to stay ahead of the curve and try to level it off as bets it can be done.

Hopefully the next time trump address's the nation, I don't eat my own words for complimenting him this time.
NatePait94
NatePait94 said:

My first cousin has been working in wake county for the past 3 weeks. Last night he was sent to the hospital in Richmond county. Fever of 104, headache, cough, etc. Hopefully nothing out of the normal, but they did test him for coronavirus. Hope to get results today or tomorrow by the latest.

Odd to say that this is fortunate, but it came back positive for the flu.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
packgrad
statefan91 said:

King Leary said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Monitoring? Does that then make the school liable if one of them contracts it and has health complications? Then you're also requiring the student managers, coaches, training staff, custodial staff, etc to not be practicing social distancing and perpetuating the risk of transmission.

Lol. You think the school is liable if a player gets a virus? Jesus, people are crazy.
statefan91
You think a school forcing basketball players to practice while there's a National Emergency and a Pandemic due to the virus wouldn't make the school liable?
packgrad
Forcing basketball players to practice? You're searching for a problem
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

Says the guy who's nitpicking the ncaa tournament cancelling instead of postponing.
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

Says the guy who's nitpicking the ncaa tournament cancelling instead of postponing.

Nm
statefan91
packgrad said:

- you want to have the NCAA to continue to monitor the situation and potentially play the tournament
- if the tournament would potentially still be played, then the teams will need to practice
- there is currently a national emergency and a declared pandemic

What am I missing in your thought process where the players aren't being forced to practice during this time period?
packgrad
The players aren't forced to practice.
GoPack2008
https://www.wired.com/story/coronavirus-donald-trump-google-website/

The only problem: There is no nationwide site like the one Trump described. And Google had no idea the president was going to mention one.
statefan91
packgrad said:

The players aren't forced to practice.

If you're saying the NCAA tournament is still going to potentially be played, then yes they are practicing
packgrad
How many deaths did we have today in this pandemic?
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

How many deaths did we have today in this pandemic?

250 in Italy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/policy/healthcare/487523-italy-reports-record-250-coronavirus-deaths-in-one-day%3famp

If humanity had pg's survival instincts, we'd have all died out ages ago.
GoPack2008
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

57 dead so far.

You have to be a real special ******* to mock the dead.
packgrad
Who is mocking the pandemic? I asked a question. So, none in the USA?

IseWolf22
My wife's job sent out their diaster plan to all employees. In the pandemic section it doesn't send people home until 5% of the workforce is infected. That seems crazy to me.
I wonder if the school closures will force there hand though
GuerrillaPack
GoPack2008 said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

57 dead so far.

You have to be a real special ******* to mock the dead.
Meanwhile...22,000 have already died from the regular flu in the U.S. this 2019-2020 flu season. With 36 million infected, and 370,000 hospitalizations.

I don't believe this supposed "coronavirus" is any more dangerous than the regular flu. They claim the death rate is higher from coronavirus, but that number is based on the number of people they have been able to test and supposedly confirm had coronavirus. But they're only able to test a very small percentage of the population. In reality, probably 10-20+ times number of people have had the coronavirus already compared to the number they've been able to confirm via testing, with almost all of those people having minor symptoms and now being fully recovered. So the real death rate is much lower than being claimed, and comparable to the regular flu.

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
And the designation of the coronavirus by the WHO as a "pandemic" does not mean that it is therefore some "super duper big crisis". The word "pandemic" is simply defined as a disease that is communicable and has spread over a wide area. As differentiated from an "epidemic" disease, which is confined to a specific locality.

The regular flu that occurs every year is also a "pandemic", by definition. Sure, when they say it's a "pandemic", that sounds like a "scary" word, and they want us to be scared. But in reality, that's not the situation.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Ground_Chuck
The regular flu is endemic. COVID-19 will be endemic.
GuerrillaPack
Ground_Chuck said:

The regular flu is endemic. COVID-19 will be endemic.
Really? "Endemic" is defined as "restricted or peculiar to a locality or region". This is the opposite of "pandemic", which is defined as a disease that has affected a wide area.
Bas2020
China most likely lied about when Corona started . It's probably been in the US for months . Once the data comes out it will probably be slightly more harmful than the regular flu . I know many people were flu sick in January in NC. That may or may not have been corona.

I'm guessing my late April / early May this thing officially ends for the most part until next Nov. like the regular flu it's going to be something we all must deal with moving forward .

3 NBA players have it out of 450 total . That means 1 out of 150. That's probably accurate nationwide and people have been getting it since 2019 and overcoming it just fine .

Frankly I'm more worried about Spring allergies .
First Page Last Page
Page 10 of 565

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.