Coronavirus

1,980,888 Views | 19755 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by Werewolf
GoPack2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GuerrillaPack said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

I'm not trolling at all. You literally are incapable of accepting people have different opinions than you do. You need a hobby.

You can have whatever opinion you want. But you're choosing to post it on a message board, and then crying when people challenge you.

Listen. This is a serious public health situation. Do as you like, but you're posts aren't going to age well, and you are endangering your loved ones. I'm trying to help you here.
YOU are crying about flat earthers and anti-vaccers, and insinuating that they should be censored.

I'm not arguing for anyone to be censored. I know that my views can withstand criticism. Can yours?

They certainly can.

I've broken down this argument comparing it to the flu. Have you read it?
GuerrillaPack
GoPack2008 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

GoPack2008 said:

lumberpack5 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

lumberpack5 said:

When someone claims to be an NC State fan but are unable to do basic math, are unable to understand basic microbiology, and are unable to understand complex systems - they are usually not an NC State grad and should be bear a warning that says "hey I'm a dumbass"
I am a NC State graduate. BS in Construction Engineering and Management, with most of my engineering classes in Mann Hall. Lived on campus for all 4 years in the dorms. Freshman year in Owen, then the last 3 in Syme. We went to Syme because my roommate was a Design school major and wanted to live close to his classes. Walked accross campus almost every day to eat dinner at Fountain Dining Hall. Had all my math classes in the now destroyed Harrellson Hall (with the spiral staircases). Went to Grace community church on campus that met (at that time) in Dabney Hall (in one of the giant chemistry lecture classrooms).

I could go on and on with stories and proof.

\

Unlike you, I have a close immuno compromised relative and parents in their 80's. When dumbasses like you preach killing them with your stupidity I take offense. You are the epitome of Soviet's old "useful idiot" nothing more than the kind of vector that Stephen King so well documented at the beginning of the Stand.

I like how this post gets edited by staff but packgrad just trolls away and people post flat earth anti vaccine nonsense with impunity.
It's not against any board rule to believe in a flat earth. Or to oppose vaccinations.

It IS against board rules to personally attack other posters -- eg, with name-calling (eg, "dumbass").

What gives you the right to say that people who have certain beliefs (flat earth, anti-vaccination) should be censored? Why would you deny them their free speech rights? What are you afraid of?

Anti-Vaxxers are a danger to society. Herd immunity is essential because not every child can be vaccinated.

Denying the reality that we are facing right now? VERY dangerous. Again, I am trying to help you understand that this is serious. Maybe not for you, but for your parents or grandparents or aunts or uncles.

Flat earthers? Couldn't care less. Everyone needs some way to feel special.
Anti-vaxxers would say that YOU are advocating a position that is dangerous to society.

Anti-vaxxers have legitimate beliefs. There are legitimate reasons to question the safety of vaccines. There is evidence that they are harmful.

You do not have the right to say that they should be censored, just because you happen to disagree with them.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
GoPack2008 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

I'm not trolling at all. You literally are incapable of accepting people have different opinions than you do. You need a hobby.

You can have whatever opinion you want. But you're choosing to post it on a message board, and then crying when people challenge you.

Listen. This is a serious public health situation. Do as you like, but you're posts aren't going to age well, and you are endangering your loved ones. I'm trying to help you here.
YOU are crying about flat earthers and anti-vaccers, and insinuating that they should be censored.

I'm not arguing for anyone to be censored. I know that my views can withstand criticism. Can yours?

They certainly can.

I've broken down this argument comparing it to the flu. Have you read it?
If your views can withstand criticism, then why are you constantly whining to have people who disagree with you censored and silenced?
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

Lol. Dude. You are obsessed.

We're going to be fine.
GoPack2008
We're going to be fine if we do certain things. Wuhan was fine because they shut down the entire province and built temporary hospitals.

We won't be fine if we don't do anything. I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand.

PossumJenkins
Hearing a national quarantine coming with this briefing
packgrad
GoPack2008
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/14/italians-80-will-left-die-country-overwhelmed-coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR3f2QHdiFrFL8GZOkvrL1GftSxIY8CgNgcEBTG96suoj_7VF1XcyZVSxgo

"Coronavirus victims in Italy will be denied access to intensive care if they are aged 80 or more or in poor health should pressure on beds increase, a document prepared by a crisis management unit in Turin propose."
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

This is completely misleading.

The US has fewer deaths because the infection started here later. If you want things to get better, we have to act. The US is CAPABLE of handling this better than any country.

Andrew4343
Mortgage question and move if there is a better thread.
What does interest rates near 0 mean for potentially refinancing?
Also we refinanced in November to a better rate. Is it even possible to explore refinancing again?
PackBacker07
I believe I would rather listen to Dr. Fauci than Clay Travis, but you guys do what you want.
GoPack2008
PackBacker07 said:

I believe I would rather listen to Dr. Fauci than Clay Travis, but you guys do what you want.
LOL me too.

It's going to be tragically fascinating to see what these folks are saying in about 10 days.
packgrad
It's tragically fascinating how you are cheering for the virus you want to be right so bad
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

It's tragically fascinating how you are cheering for the virus you want to be right so bad
Nah man. I actually want you to be right. The problem is that you aren't. You're the only one who thinks we're having a debate here. In fact, you're just trying to deny reality.

I've never wanted to be wrong about anything more in my entire life. Dismiss this stuff at your own peril.
1MANWOLFPAK
FTW
packgrad said:

GoPack2008
1MANWOLFPAK said:

FTW
packgrad said:

Nah.

I would love nothing more than for you guys to make fun of me in about two weeks for how wrong I was. I really want that.

You want to live in denial? Be my guest. Just stop sharing false information that puts others at risk.
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

Nah man. I actually want you to be right. The problem is that you aren't. You're the only one who thinks we're having a debate here. In fact, you're just trying to deny reality.

I've never wanted to be wrong about anything more in my entire life. Dismiss this stuff at your own peril.

I don't think we're debating either.
PackBacker07
lumberpack5
GuerrillaPack said:

GoPack2008 said:

lumberpack5 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

lumberpack5 said:

When someone claims to be an NC State fan but are unable to do basic math, are unable to understand basic microbiology, and are unable to understand complex systems - they are usually not an NC State grad and should be bear a warning that says "hey I'm a dumbass"
I am a NC State graduate. BS in Construction Engineering and Management, with most of my engineering classes in Mann Hall. Lived on campus for all 4 years in the dorms. Freshman year in Owen, then the last 3 in Syme. We went to Syme because my roommate was a Design school major and wanted to live close to his classes. Walked accross campus almost every day to eat dinner at Fountain Dining Hall. Had all my math classes in the now destroyed Harrellson Hall (with the spiral staircases). Went to Grace community church on campus that met (at that time) in Dabney Hall (in one of the giant chemistry lecture classrooms).

I could go on and on with stories and proof.

\

Unlike you, I have a close immuno compromised relative and parents in their 80's. When dumbasses like you preach killing them with your stupidity I take offense. You are the epitome of Soviet's old "useful idiot" nothing more than the kind of vector that Stephen King so well documented at the beginning of the Stand.

I like how this post gets edited by staff but packgrad just trolls away and people post flat earth anti vaccine nonsense with impunity.
It's not against any board rule to believe in a flat earth. Or to oppose vaccinations.

It IS against board rules to personally attack other posters -- eg, with name-calling (eg, "dumbass").

What gives you the right to say that people who have certain beliefs (flat earth, anti-vaccination) should be censored? Why would you deny them their free speech rights? What are you afraid of?
When you disagree with someone about an issue you are not a dumbass. When you show that you are ignorant of science, math, biology, etc., and you continue to spout lies in support of something that is patently false you either a dumbass or a just a liar. You are not being called a "dumbass" if you are ARE a "dumbass" you are just being referenced.

If you would rather, I'll just call you a liar. An ignorant liar who is an embarrassment to the University.
I like the athletic type
GoPack2008
PackBacker07 said:

Good. They are recommending what some of us have been saying for days now.

More guidelines to come out tomorrow, per Pence.
Packchem91
GoPack2008 said:

PackBacker07 said:

So....if follow this, wouldn't that essentially shut down domestic flight operations as well? I mean, I've not been on a plane out of Charlotte with <50 people in a long time.
cowboypack02
GoPack2008 said:

cowboypack02 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

GoPack2008 said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

57 dead so far.

You have to be a real special ******* to mock the dead.
Meanwhile...22,000 have already died from the regular flu in the U.S. this 2019-2020 flu season. With 36 million infected, and 370,000 hospitalizations.

I don't believe this supposed "coronavirus" is any more dangerous than the regular flu. They claim the death rate is higher from coronavirus, but that number is based on the number of people they have been able to test and supposedly confirm had coronavirus. But they're only able to test a very small percentage of the population. In reality, probably 10-20+ times number of people have had the coronavirus already compared to the number they've been able to confirm via testing, with almost all of those people having minor symptoms and now being fully recovered. So the real death rate is much lower than being claimed, and comparable to the regular flu.

Careful Guerrilla....I tried to make this point a few pages back and I don't think it was received very well

Correction: You tried to make this point and I responded with a thoughtful rebuttal with actual numbers that clarified reality.

It wasn't received well because it's a point grounded in denial.

How so?
metcalfmafia
Rumors coming out that the White House is considering a Italy like shutdown.
tau06
metcalfmafia said:

Have heard that as well in the last 2-3 hours. Sounds like something will be coming out tomorrow. If true, will be interesting to see what it looks like. Get ready for the panic to be ratcheted up a few notches.
Bas2020
metcalfmafia said:

Is the media so PC that they wont tell you the real reason why Italy is having an outbreak?

Northern Italy thousands of ex- Chinese, mainly from Wuhane living there. That is the reason for the Northern Italy outbreak.
IseWolf22
Bas2020 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Is the media so PC that they wont tell you the real reason why Italy is having an outbreak?

Northern Italy thousands of ex- Chinese, mainly from Wuhane living there. That is the reason for the Northern Italy outbreak.

That's why they had an earlier outbreak. It has nothing to do with how easily it's been spread. The population of people from Wuhan literally doesn't matter at this point in the outbreak.

Italy's issues stem from an old population (more hospitalizations), high density in urban centers coupled with a social culture, and early inaction (we will be affected by this too)
cowboypack02
PackBacker07 said:

I dunno....he believes in the first amendment and boobs....I'm rooting for the guy
GoPack2008
cowboypack02 said:

GoPack2008 said:

cowboypack02 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

GoPack2008 said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

57 dead so far.

You have to be a real special ******* to mock the dead.
Meanwhile...22,000 have already died from the regular flu in the U.S. this 2019-2020 flu season. With 36 million infected, and 370,000 hospitalizations.

I don't believe this supposed "coronavirus" is any more dangerous than the regular flu. They claim the death rate is higher from coronavirus, but that number is based on the number of people they have been able to test and supposedly confirm had coronavirus. But they're only able to test a very small percentage of the population. In reality, probably 10-20+ times number of people have had the coronavirus already compared to the number they've been able to confirm via testing, with almost all of those people having minor symptoms and now being fully recovered. So the real death rate is much lower than being claimed, and comparable to the regular flu.

Careful Guerrilla....I tried to make this point a few pages back and I don't think it was received very well

Correction: You tried to make this point and I responded with a thoughtful rebuttal with actual numbers that clarified reality.

It wasn't received well because it's a point grounded in denial.

How so?

I broke the numbers down. Let me know when you've read that response, and I'd be happy to talk about this flu vs Covid question more.
GoPack2008
Packchem91 said:

GoPack2008 said:

PackBacker07 said:

So....if follow this, wouldn't that essentially shut down domestic flight operations as well? I mean, I've not been on a plane out of Charlotte with <50 people in a long time.

If I got a vote?

Yep. I'd shut that down, too.
RunsWithWolves26
I do like the steps that the state and local governments are taking. You aren't going to stop the spike in cases but you can help to flatten the curve and keep the spike to a lesser extent. This, in and of itself would be a huge win against this virus.

With that said, I notice most media reports the number of confirmed cases. I've only heard one report the number of cases that came back negative. My numbers won't be exactly correct but of the roughly 50,000 people tested, roughly 46,000 have tested negative for COVID19. That may not be a big deal to some but it seems like a pretty good indicator to me. My hope is with what the state and local governments are doing, this allows us, as a country, to avoid the massive spikes that other countries have seen. The next two weeks will be extremely interesting to me. If the steps taken now work, this could be winding down in about 2-3 weeks. If not, it could be going for another 6-8 weeks. Personally, i am hoping for the 2-3 week situation.
metcalfmafia
CDC still showing no reported cases in West Virginia.
metcalfmafia
Is the CDC website the best place to get good / non biased reporting on this?

I just want a place to read updates and steps we need to take without any political biases on either side. Twitter aint doing it for me anymore.
Colonel Armstrong
Yes I think so. Lots of good reporting coming from the site

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
RunsWithWolves26
Dr. Berx made a very good point. The federal government and to a lesser extent, state and local governments will not stop this. It's us, the citizens that can. She made the point about HIV. It was activist and people standing up and calling it out. If we, and by we I mean ALL OF US, would just practise what is being recommended, this curve could flatten greatly. Hopefully, the new measure being implemented by state and local will assist in forcing all of us to actually follow these steps.
GoPack2008
metcalfmafia said:

Is the CDC website the best place to get good / non biased reporting on this?

I just want a place to read updates and steps we need to take without any political biases on either side. Twitter aint doing it for me anymore.
Yes, CDC is where we should all be going for info.
First Page Last Page
Page 12 of 565

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.