Coronavirus

2,007,800 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Werewolf
Wayland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More on T-cell immunity.

Quote:

New research from Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital shows that many people with mild or asymptomatic COVID-19 demonstrate so-called T-cell-mediated immunity to the new coronavirus, even if they have not tested positively for antibodies. According to the researchers, this means that public immunity is probably higher than antibody tests suggest. The article will soon be freely available on the bioRxiv server and has been submitted for publication in a scientific journal.
Immunity to COVID-19 is probably higher than tests have shown

What I wouldn't pay for a T-cell response test....

Quote:

The T-cell response was consistent with measurements taken after vaccination with approved vaccines for other viruses. Patients with severe COVID-19 often developed a strong T-cell response and an antibody response; in those with milder symptoms it was not always possible to detect an antibody response, but despite this many still showed a marked T-cell response.
Civilized
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Civilized said:

Everpack said:

No one has bothered to answer the question of how long we wear masks? What is our finish line?

I bothered to, you just didn't like the answer.

The answer is, until there's a vaccine or until there's a clinically significant downturn in cases in the US.

I'll leave it up to epidemiologists to develop some consensus around what's clinically significant. My guess is, it's to a level that syncs up with our ability at that time to test, contact-trace, and isolate to keep driving the numbers down.

That needs to be scientific consensus though, not as determined by partisan politics.

Not directed at you but I keep seeing people over and over say we must see a down turn in cases. The numbers that are being put out daily are terribly inaccurate to begin with. Hell, we may actually be having a downtick in cases but the numbers they show are so off and so out of date and out of line, that they can't be trusted at all.

I agree with you that I distrust the numbers somewhat.

Trends are still observable though. Our confirmed case trend line isn't just a little different from Europe and Southeast Asia; it's opposite ends of the spectrum.

If I'm on the panel of doctors, the metrics I'm using to determine what constitutes 'clinically significant' would account for the nebulous nature of reporting. You couldn't focus on something like "14 straight days of declining confirmed cases1!!!" because day-to-day reporting is too scattershot.

You could look at 7-day or 14-day trendlines, or month-over-month assessments, or similar. Confirmed cases aren't the end-all, be-all either; % positives and #hospitalizations and deaths also need to be accounted for.
RunsWithWolves26
Civilized said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Civilized said:

Everpack said:

No one has bothered to answer the question of how long we wear masks? What is our finish line?

The answer is, until there's a vaccine or until there's a clinically significant downturn in cases in the US.

I'll leave it up to epidemiologists to develop some consensus around what's clinically significant. My guess is, it's to a level that syncs up with our ability at that time to test, contact-trace, and isolate to keep driving the numbers down.

That needs to be scientific consensus though, not as determined by partisan politics.

Not directed at you but I keep seeing people over and over say we must see a down turn in cases. The numbers that are being put out daily are terribly inaccurate to begin with. Hell, we may actually be having a downtick in cases but the numbers they show are so off and so out of date and out of line, that they can't be trusted at all.

Trends are still observable though. Our confirmed case trend line isn't just a little different from Europe and Southeast Asia; it's opposite ends of the spectrum.

If I'm on the panel of doctors, the metrics I'm using to determine what constitutes 'clinically significant' would account for the nebulous nature of reporting. You couldn't focus on something like "14 straight days of declining confirmed cases1!!!" because day-to-day reporting is too scattershot.

You could look at 7-day or 14-day trendlines, or month-over-month assessments, or similar. Confirmed cases aren't the end-all, be-all either; % positives and #hospitalizations and deaths also need to be accounted for.

Agreed but even the death numbers are totally and completely unreliable. I've seen it with 5 deaths of people I know that had nothing to do with covid.
Wayland
Civilized said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Civilized said:

Everpack said:

Sweden. New Cases Per Day, New ICU per Day, and Deaths by Date of Death. Look familiar?

Poor testing levels early on failing to capture what was actually going on clouds current results. NC testing was crap for a long time. Now I am slightly more nervous for NC because we haven't had the quite the death toll hard hit places have and since our testing sucked, we don't have any idea where we are in the curve.
Wolfblood
Thanks for posting an article that helped break down the study. I was looking at the actual study earlier. Reading through it, I felt like Michael Scott and needed someone else to read it and explain it to me like I was five years old. Heh!

Here is the link for the study. I didn't see a link in the article above.

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-35331/v1
Wayland
Might actually be two studies with similar conclusions? But if this can be studied and confirmed, it would be huge.

I root for things like this a little too much, and still take them all with a grain of salt. But I am pulling for this T cell stuff.
Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

ncsualum05 said:

Wayland said:

Hard to figure out the data when it is so laggy sometimes. Got to love that 5 week old positive COVID testing coming back now. It sure does add a lot of value!!
LOL. So they are adding cases to the number when the patient themselves might have already recovered.
Not to be morbid. Just making sense of data now that I look at it. There is a distinct chance that those cases from like 5 weeks ago could be late death adds. There were some late May one-off deaths added recently, maybe that is adding in the positive case and death at the same time? Just trying to think through it because otherwise you would be absolutely right in it being a post-recovery case addition.
I would not be surprised if those case adds from weeks ago end up returning to yesterday's numbers in tomorrow's update. As a chart this every day, I see these weird one-off upticks one day and the next day, the numbers move back to the previous day's numbers. For the life of me, I can not figure out why they even bother to look so far back if they are only adjusting by one case.
Wayland
Daviewolf83 said:

Wayland said:

ncsualum05 said:

Wayland said:

Hard to figure out the data when it is so laggy sometimes. Got to love that 5 week old positive COVID testing coming back now. It sure does add a lot of value!!
LOL. So they are adding cases to the number when the patient themselves might have already recovered.
Not to be morbid. Just making sense of data now that I look at it. There is a distinct chance that those cases from like 5 weeks ago could be late death adds. There were some late May one-off deaths added recently, maybe that is adding in the positive case and death at the same time? Just trying to think through it because otherwise you would be absolutely right in it being a post-recovery case addition.
I would not be surprised if those case adds from weeks ago end up returning to yesterday's numbers in tomorrow's update. As a chart this every day, I see these weird one-off upticks one day and the next day, the numbers move back to the previous day's numbers. For the life of me, I can not figure out why they even bother to look so far back if they are only adjusting by one case.
It drives me nuts when deaths disappear or seem to move on the 'Date of Death' chart. I mean, I am sure sometimes I miss a number a day since I am transcribing that data manually. But if I had a number listed for a day for several days running, it likely wasn't an error. The really should explain negative data.
metcalfmafia
IDK why "sjukdomsfall per dag" cracked me up so much.

Swedish is an interesting language.
Packchem91
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Civilized said:

Everpack said:

How do we compare to Hong Kong? Or Tokyo, or any of those crowded Asian cities where people are accustomed to wearing masks?
I get we shouldn't have to get to their incredibly low #s....but maybe we can aspire to get to #s like Europe is seeing? Crazy -- Europe is restricting the US from travelling there now. That should be discouraging and tell you "they did this better than we did"
RunsWithWolves26
Packchem91 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Civilized said:

Everpack said:

How do we compare to Hong Kong? Or Tokyo, or any of those crowded Asian cities where people are accustomed to wearing masks?
I get we shouldn't have to get to their incredibly low #s....but maybe we can aspire to get to #s like Europe is seeing? Crazy -- Europe is restricting the US from travelling there now. That should be discouraging and tell you "they did this better than we did"

Doesn't tell me anything. The numbers are all subjective based on a lot of factors. Testing numbers, reported cases, actual cases, actual deaths, actual recoveries. Sadly, I don't trust a single number coming from any country. Wear the damn mask man. Ain't nobody telling you not to. Compare the US to anyone you want to. If you want to take the numbers you see at face value, go for it.
Packchem91
metcalfmafia said:

IDK why "sjukdomsfall per dag" cracked me up so much.

Swedish is an interesting language.
The fine folks in Wales say "hold my beer" (dal fy nghwrw).

That looks like they just threw a bunch of letters together. Clearly, while having a bunch of beer.
Packchem91
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Packchem91 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Civilized said:

Everpack said:

Doesn't tell me anything. The numbers are all subjective based on a lot of factors. Testing numbers, reported cases, actual cases, actual deaths, actual recoveries. Sadly, I don't trust a single number coming from any country. Wear the damn mask man. Ain't nobody telling you not to. Compare the US to anyone you want to. If you want to take the numbers you see at face value, go for it.
I'll grant you that our #s are cooked -- and that should make us all angry. But there is an order of magnitude difference between what is reported here versus what is reported in most Europe / Asian countries -- that isn't caused by handfuls of weeks old cases being dumped in at the last minute.

I truly believe, for whatever reasons, many Americans take this thing too lightly. We know the President does.
And that leads to many of his followers doing the same. And that....will keep us in jail.

To turn your words...if you want to assume the #s are bogus, and you're fine to go to the mall, bars, etc w/o mask -- go for it. (I may give you a skunk eye if you get close to me though)
RunsWithWolves26
Packchem91 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Packchem91 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Civilized said:

Everpack said:

I'll grant you that our #s are cooked -- and that should make us all angry. But there is an order of magnitude difference between what is reported here versus what is reported in most Europe / Asian countries -- that isn't caused by handfuls of weeks old cases being dumped in at the last minute.

I truly believe, for whatever reasons, many Americans take this thing too lightly. We know the President does.
And that leads to many of his followers doing the same. And that....will keep us in jail.

To turn your words...if you want to assume the #s are bogus, and you're fine to go to the mall, bars, etc w/o mask -- go for it. (I may give you a skunk eye if you get close to me though)

Give whatever look you want to give. I haven't taken anything lightly and it certainly is not political to me. We've been lied to by every country, WHO, every politician, left and right, every government agency, etc. Forgive me for not buying into more bull***** Numbers are cooked to benefit whoever needs to benefit. I don't believe anything that is reported in this country or what is reported in other countries. Our population is enormous. We've literally tested more people then the entire country of Canada. They've tested roughly 6% of their entire population and we've tested roughly 12% of ours. Yes, our numbers look crazy, truthful numbers or not, but as someone who is actually knows what is happening in Canada first hand, I can tell you I refuse to believe any country. Not to mention, the number of cases just from the government not even taking care of the most vulnerable in nursing homes and care facilities. Again, wear whatever you want to wear. Look at others who don't, however you would like to look at them. It will probably make no difference to them just as it makes no difference to you if someone but is back at your mask stance. Show me a country who's numbers are ACTUAL and I will go from there. It won't happen because there isn't a single country out there being truthful. Therefore, forgive me for not listening when someone tells me to wear a mask after the repeatedly said mask wouldn't make a difference to begin with.
barnburner
I have asked for the source of this to verify but do not have it yet.. I think it speaks to the above poster's point about what is happening here. If I can find the reference I will post it.

Wayland
Part of the problem in the graph is that it is 'detected'. If we could have only seen how big that first mountain of cases actually was it would be crazy.

The South has been on a slow burn for three months, at least partially aided by social distancing. But the measures were never, nor were they ever enough to eliminate the virus. It had penetrated too far but not far enough (like the NE) to burn everything to the ground.

So... we could have gone on this slow burn that would have continued forever. We didn't, it wasn't practical. So states started opening up, people protested, millennials and zoomers started licking each other, and border cases started sneaking in across the Southern border.

So with some real case growth mixed with massively expanded testing, we look like we have a more cases than we did in April. What we have is real growth which is made to look worse by new additional testing and media panic focused on cases (since deaths aren't a cool metric anymore).

We should certainly view this with some concern and continue to protect the susceptible.
RunsWithWolves26
Wayland said:

Part of the problem in the graph is that it is 'detected'. If we could have only seen how big that first mountain of cases actually was it would be crazy.

The South has been on a slow burn for three months, at least partially aided by social distancing. But the measures were never, nor were they ever enough to eliminate the virus. It had penetrated too far but not far enough (like the NE) to burn everything to the ground.

So... we could have gone on this slow burn that would have continued forever. We didn't, it wasn't practical. So states started opening up, people protested, millennials and zoomers started licking each other, and border cases started sneaking in across the Southern border.

So with some real case growth mixed with massively expanded testing, we look like we have a more cases than we did in April. What we have is real growth which is made to look worse by new additional testing and media panic focused on cases (since deaths aren't a cool metric anymore).

We should certainly view this with some concern and continue to protect the susceptible.

What is find interesting is cases are going up and deaths are coming down. Also, people were screaming for more test and when they got them, they started screaming about the numbers. You can't win for losing with this situation. Just wish there was some actual honest reporting but there isn't so you've got those freaking out and those who don't give a *****
Wayland
Reason and analysis doesn't get the clicks the media crave. Chaos and panic are like crack to the media and they can't get enough.

What articles I do read these days tend to come from Europe more often than not, but again, have to take everything with a grain of salt.

I know listening to people like Michael Levitt, Karol Sikora, or Sunetra Gupta, just serves as an echo chamber.

But at least the internet is out there to let me listen to 'experts' that aren't all about driving fear. I have real concerns about C19, but I also have real concerns about the impacts of C19 policy and how it affects child development, mental health, and excess deaths from delayed care.

I want to get out of all this with the minimal amount of damage all around, which is why I grasp and claw for answers.

I want to see true data so I can come to a rational understanding myself because the media and government don't want to tell me, the end user, the truth. And that is frustrating.
RunsWithWolves26
Exactly why I don't put any stock into any government telling me what I have to do or should do or need to do. They will say whatever they want to in order to push whatever they want to push. Cooper is a dumbass who didn't make the right call a month ago but not he wants to go up there and pound his chest telling everyone what to do. Just as every republican and Democrats has done and just as the media has done. It's all just a bunch of crap coming from them.
wilmwolf
I think it's fairly pointless to compare numbers in this country versus other countries, and I've said so since the beginning, accuracy of the numbers aside. We are unique. You have places that are heavily affected and others that aren't. There are many factors - population density, public transport use, international travel, ethic makeup, socio economic factors, all that contribute. Comparing the US to Europe as a whole may be more accurate, but still flawed.

As for masks, the one thing I'm certain of is that getting preachy with those that don't want to or can't wear one damn sure isn't going to change their mind. And like I've said before, if most people are wearing a mask, the few that don't probably really don't matter. The point of wearing a mask according to the experts isn't to protect yourself from getting it, it's to cut down on the odds, not eliminate entirely, you spreading it if you have it. The best way to not get the virus remains to not get close enough for someone to give it to you. Even the governor's order doesn't say you have to wear one all the time, it says that masks should be worn when distancing isn't possible. I wear mine in the store as a courtesy to others, and so I don't get doxxed on social media by some loon. I don't wear it outside because I'm not in close proximity to anyone, and the science says that it is highly unlikely to get it outside. I'm not going to continue to wear a mask indefinitely, especially not waiting for a vaccine or cure (and it doesn't have anything to do with my political beliefs or who I voted for president), but will continue to do so if required to do the things I want to do.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Mormad
wilmwolf80 said:

I think it's fairly pointless to compare numbers in this country versus other countries, and I've said so since the beginning, accuracy of the numbers aside. We are unique. You have places that are heavily affected and others that aren't. There are many factors - population density, public transport use, international travel, ethic makeup, socio economic factors, all that contribute. Comparing the US to Europe as a whole may be more accurate, but still flawed.

As for masks, the one thing I'm certain of is that getting preachy with those that don't want to or can't wear one damn sure isn't going to change their mind. And like I've said before, if most people are wearing a mask, the few that don't probably really don't matter. The point of wearing a mask according to the experts isn't to protect yourself from getting it, it's to cut down on the odds, not eliminate entirely, you spreading it if you have it. The best way to not get the virus remains to not get close enough for someone to give it to you. Even the governor's order doesn't say you have to wear one all the time, it says that masks should be worn when distancing isn't possible. I wear mine in the store as a courtesy to others, and so I don't get doxxed on social media by some loon. I don't wear it outside because I'm not in close proximity to anyone, and the science says that it is highly unlikely to get it outside. I'm not going to continue to wear a mask indefinitely, especially not waiting for a vaccine or cure (and it doesn't have anything to do with my political beliefs or who I voted for president), but will continue to do so if required to do the things I want to do.

This
Packchem91
wilmwolf80 said:

Fair enough on the compares -- though Asian cities are very densely populated and reliant on mass transit so they should have higher factors than us.
I don't know how much they rely on socially interacting at bars.

But we were talking slight differences, that would be one thing...but come on, no one is close to the US. I fully agree it is cultural driven -- we are the most independent major country in the world, and not one that takes kindly to being given directives. I'm sure some countries are under-reporting, especially some of those like India, Russia, and 3rd world countries...but the stat of 4% of world pop, 25% of cases and deaths is staggering (Again, I'm sure some huge #s out of poor communities in huge cities in Africa, Central America and India are not yet in their numbers).

As for the governor....of course he can't make people...all I can go by so far is a limited sampling that post-implementation of his ordinance, I saw much higher compliance, and that is desirable.

As for outdoors...I'm right there with you. I'm going to Yellowstone Friday....and while I'll have the mask with me for when we get near crowds at Old Faithful and such, I'd hope it is rarely needed there.

Ripper
wilmwolf80 said:

Spot on.
Civilized
wilmwolf80 said:

Do you agree with NC's mask mandate?
Daviewolf83
burnbarn said:

I have asked for the source of this to verify but do not have it yet.. I think it speaks to the above poster's point about what is happening here. If I can find the reference I will post it.

This appears to be a seven-day rolling average graph. I have included the latest version of a rolling-average of daily cases and one that shows the very rough, daily ups and downs. I added the UK, since it is not included in the EU numbers (remember the UK left the EU). I also included a 7 day rolling average version that normalizes for population differences. This data comes from a website called ourworldindata.org.

wilmwolf
Why does it matter if I agree with it if I'm complying?
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Daviewolf83
Some interesting data out of Charlotte regarding hospitalizations in Atrium's hospitals.

Packchem91
Daviewolf83 said:

Some interesting data out of Charlotte regarding hospitalizations in Atrium's hospitals.

First question - how does that compare to normal - that sounds like a very high utilization rate even if you took out the 29 covid patients (would still be >60%).

Second question...assume #1 is that it is high --- what is the other major factor driving that. Is it a rush to have other critical surgeries done now before covid may take over? Or just "full moon syndrome" or something otherwise normal fluctuation.
Packchem91
Davie....we can all sit here and try to justify that "its not our fault", but looking at those numbers, clearly something is significantly different -- even if that huge spike from mid-June on wasn't in the graph. And not in a good way.

Wonder what a person who has no vested interest would look at say are the 3 top things done differently between EU and US?
Packchem91
Packchem91 said:

Daviewolf83 said:

First question - how does that compare to normal - that sounds like a very high utilization rate even if you took out the 29 covid patients (would still be >60%).

Second question...assume #1 is that it is high --- what is the other major factor driving that. Is it a rush to have other critical surgeries done now before covid may take over? Or just "full moon syndrome" or something otherwise normal fluctuation.

I guess I could have read the tweet commentS standard utilization is 80%
Daviewolf83
Packchem91 said:

Davie....we can all sit here and try to justify that "its not our fault", but looking at those numbers, clearly something is significantly different -- even if that huge spike from mid-June on wasn't in the graph. And not in a good way.

Wonder what a person who has no vested interest would look at say are the 3 top things done differently between EU and US?
I think part of the issue is the major countries in the EU (Italy, Spain, France) were very hard hit and had infection levels similar to NY, NJ, Mass. Those states look a lot like the EU now. The southern states seeing the spikes now were did not have the same level of general infection in the population and it was more of a slow burn. These states never really "peaked", like NY, NJ, Mass, etc. The same is true for the major EU countries and the UK. They saw very big peaks in cases, much greater than the southern states.As such, a larger percentage were infected early in these hard hit states and countries, so they are not seeing a spike now.

I have also seen theories suggesting the hot weather in the south and southern California (where the cases are spiking) is driving people inside and inside is the worst place to be when you have a virus in the population. This is one of the primary drivers of flu cases in the late Fall and Winter. People go inside and they infect other people. I think there may be something to this theory, but it will require more study.

It is clear that cases declined "after" the states started reopening and many states had been opened for weeks and saw no spike. This definitely points to other factors being at play, in addition to reopening. It was expected cases would increase after reopening, so no one should be surprised by more cases. What is surprising, is the big spike in the last week.

I know it is not popular, but I also believe the protests in the past two weeks could be driving additional cases. If you look at the data and plot the reopening points and the points where the protests started, you can see a fairly obvious relationship. Of course, you have to look at the underlying data and not just look at lines on a chart, but the lines on the charts do call for further investigation.

Last, I will remind everyone that wearing a mask is only part of the solution. Dr. Birx was very clear a few months ago when she said you need to wear a mask AND you must social distance at the same time. I am afraid people think they are safe wearing a mask and do not need to social distance. People have to do both to effectively reduce transmission.
Daviewolf83
Packchem91 said:

Packchem91 said:

Daviewolf83 said:

I guess I could have read the tweet commentS standard utilization is 80%
Right, I was going to point out the comment,but you found it. Mormad would be in a better position to confirm that number, but 80% seems reasonable. ICU beds are expensive when compared to a normal hospital room, so hospitals are not going to typically have a large number of extra, unused ICU beds in normal circumstances. They will want to have some buffer to handle upticks during flu season and other cyclical periods. Having a 20% buffer seems reasonable.

I have had the opportunity to visit ICUs in a hospital in Winston-Salem over the past several years (my mother has significant health issues that causes her to be in an ICU room once or twice a year). When I have visited these areas, I have never really notice a lot of empty rooms. it seems most of the rooms I pass have a patent in the room.
Wayland
Daviewolf83 said:

Packchem91 said:

I think part of the issue is the major countries in the EU (Italy, Spain, France) were very hard hit and had infection levels similar to NY, NJ, Mass. Those states look a lot like the EU now. The southern states seeing the spikes now were did not have the same level of general infection in the population and it was more of a slow burn. These states never really "peaked", like NY, NJ, Mass, etc. The same is true for the major EU countries and the UK. They saw very big peaks in cases, much greater than the southern states.As such, a larger percentage were infected early in these hard hit states and countries, so they are not seeing a spike now.

I have also seen theories suggesting the hot weather in the south and southern California (where the cases are spiking) is driving people inside and inside is the worst place to be when you have a virus in the population. This is one of the primary drivers of flu cases in the late Fall and Winter. People go inside and they infect other people. I think there may be something to this theory, but it will require more study.

It is clear that cases declined "after" the states started reopening and many states had been opened for weeks and saw no spike. This definitely points to other factors being at play, in addition to reopening. It was expected cases would increase after reopening, so no one should be surprised by more cases. What is surprising, is the big spike in the last week.

I know it is not popular, but I also believe the protests in the past two weeks could be driving additional cases. If you look at the data and plot the reopening points and the points where the protests started, you can see a fairly obvious relationship. Of course, you have to look at the underlying data and not just look at lines on a chart, but the lines on the charts do call for further investigation.

Last, I will remind everyone that wearing a mask is only part of the solution. Dr. Birx was very clear a few months ago when she said you need to wear a mask AND you must social distance at the same time. I am afraid people think they are safe wearing a mask and do not need to social distance. People have to do both to effectively reduce transmission.

To that end, this thread again gives an interesting read on the protests. Not blaming them, but at least having a discussion.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1276494896132534277.html
Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Packchem91 said:

To that end, this thread again gives an interesting read on the protests. Not blaming them, but at least having a discussion.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1276494896132534277.html
I do not totally blame them either and everyone has a right to peacefully assemble, even during a pandemic. Personally, I still think it is too soon to have mass gatherings of any sort (political events, protests, concerts, etc), but I do not believe the government has a right to stop any of them. It is also fair to look into the data and if direct causes are found, they should be highlighted by the media.
Packchem91
Daviewolf83 said:

Packchem91 said:

Good thoughts...thanks for sharing.
I too think the protests HAD to have had a significant impact, but one that is clearly being shielded. I heard it said...."but they were wearing masks".
As I mentioned earlier, I was at Concord Mills Friday afternoon, pre-5pm "curfew", and saw plenty of black people -- of all ages, not wearing masks. I'd have put it at somewhere around 1/3 - 40% w/o masks. If you don't wear them under "new normal" circumstances when you know you "have" to in just a couple of hours, you won't convince me they were worn significantly when you are angry (rightly so) in a protest outdoors.

So I find it difficult to believe those events, which were often very crowded in small spaces, were not super-spreader type events.

And agree on the cautions of social distancing -- and again that is the issue with the bars. I'm sure the beaches at Myrtle were horrible these past couple weeks....but can only imagine when all those people spilled over into the bars, got a little alcohol in them, and forgot to stay away and wear masks.
*Well, bars, and the small little hotel rooms where a bunch of guys stole away with their ill-gotten liquor to play games and all.
First Page Last Page
Page 109 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.