Music You're Listening To Now...

37,807 Views | 332 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by wolfbreath
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
smitt86 said:

Packchem91 said:

New song out today and album in a month from Tyler Childers

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvH-zt2OUTT/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

That song could be a hit on country radio if he actually put it on there.

First time I heard it I knew that song was going to be the annual overused wedding song of Fall 2023/Spring 2024, haha.

It could/would. But I'd also guess there are a lot of country radio guys out there who wouldn't like it because of the video. Country radio is just shallow enough to avoid that
(And clearly, guys like Sturgill and Childers just don't care what radio thinks and will not change their style)
smitt86

Don't care which side of the aisle you're on, that song is really good.
Packchem91
smitt86 said:

Just heard of this guy about two days ago - and agree, that song is awesome
JocoPack
It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Wolfer79
WolfQuacker
smitt86 said:

Right wingers immediately took him to be their spokesperson and left wingers villainized him. I sat back and laughed because I felt like there were so many folks misinterpreting his lyrics.

Packchem91
WolfQuacker said:

smitt86 said:

Right wingers immediately took him to be their spokesperson and left wingers villainized him. I sat back and laughed because I felt like there were so many folks misinterpreting his lyrics.

Yep, maybe as much of a "out of nowhere" success story as we've seen, in part because his lyrics resonate with folks across the spectrum

But politicians are political and all try to take credit. Now he's defending himself from criticism b/c Fox kinda used his song despite being some of the very folks his songs complained about, lol.

ETA, maybe some of the politicians can take a minute to actually listen and think on why it resonates.
JocoPack
Packchem91 said:

WolfQuacker said:

smitt86 said:

Yep, maybe as much of a "out of nowhere" success story as we've seen, in part because his lyrics resonate with folks across the spectrum

But politicians are political and all try to take credit. Now he's defending himself from criticism b/c Fox kinda used his song despite being some of the very folks his songs complained about, lol.

ETA, maybe some of the politicians can take a minute to actually listen and think on why it resonates.
Lol that's what was so funny to me. As soon as this song dropped you had the usual divide that has been perpetuated by the very group of people the song is about.
Packchem91
RIP Jimmy Buffett
Still in the top 5 of songs I enjoy the most - A Pirate Looks at 40

SniderFC
Been nothing but Uncle Jimmy the last couple days. Hope
You find your salt shaker up there big guy!
JocoPack
Obviously hated to hear the news of his passing, but also grateful that we were in MB for my daughter's softball tournament. Got to go handout at Margaritaville and have a couple or 8 Landsharks in his honor.
Wolfer79
Can there be any other choice today?

Packchem91
The Appalachian region has been on fire with music the last couple of years, Stapleton, Sturgill and Childers leading the way but others emerging too

This new album from Charles Wesley Godwin may top them all. One of the best songs from "Family Ties" album:

barnburner
Listening to live bluegrass at the Lincoln for IBMA. Great weekend free event.
Wolfer79
I heard on drive home yesterday

This song was released 25 years ago yesterday

The artist was 16 years old at the time

jkpackfan
Lol man that hurts.
Cornpack
Back on a Wilco kick

Retired internet funny guy
Wolfer79
Released on this date in 1975

WarrenPeace
What do y'all think about the new Beatles song? Pretty cool how they got it accomplished to be able to release it.

The Beatles were way before my time but I enjoy hearing their stuff when I come across it.
DanielWilsonIPS
WarrenPeace said:

What do y'all think about the new Beatles song? Pretty cool how they got it accomplished to be able to release it.

The Beatles were way before my time but I enjoy hearing their stuff when I come across it.
And for those doing a double take, yes, the Beatles released a new song in the year of our lord 2023.

I heard it on the radio (WRDU) on the way home from the women's basketball game. It's really good.
Daniel Wilson
Staff Writer, IPS
Producer, Learfield
NCBWA Member
Denverpack
Approaching the end of 2023, here are some of my most listened to records this year.

Interested to hear what others have been listening to also.

Drayton Farley - Twenty on High - Singer/Songwriter from Birmingham. Easily my favorite record of the year. Produced by Sadler Vaden of the 500 Unit. I turned 50 this year and lyrically this album hits hard.

Tyler Childers - Rustin' in the Rain - This album was a slow burn for me but it eventually clicked. I love the work he did to incorporate the classic country background vocals throughout.

Jason Isbell & the 500 Unit - Weathervanes - Maybe my favorite since Southeastern? The last two albums were okay for me. This one is on another level. Hope he wins a Grammy for King of Oklahoma...what a modern day storyteller.

Mason & the Gin Line - Sangre - This album didn't get much attention, but it's really good. It's got a great 90's vibe to it that I really dig.

Stephen Wilson Jr. - son of dad - Great songwriter out of Indiana. Another artist that clearly grew up in the 90's. Lots of great imagery about growing up poor in rural America.

The Gaslight Anthem - History Books - Nice return to form for these guys. This as another one that took a bunch of listens to click. One of the few modern day rock bands that still sounds like a rock band to me.
GuerrillaPack
watched this like 50 times in a row yesterday

https://instagr.am/p/CgZqdubIZdp
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
A forgotten gem from the 90s. Somehow this doesn't get played on the radio anymore, but was HUGE back in the day.

Found it from looking through one of my YouTube playlists that I created many years ago. I had forgotten about this song too.

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Denverpack
GuerrillaPack said:

A forgotten gem from the 90s. Somehow this doesn't get played on the radio anymore, but was HUGE back in the day.

Found it from looking through one of my YouTube playlists that I created many years ago. I had forgotten about this song too.

Live's first two albums were really great 90's rock records. They got increasingly terrible after that.

Saw them on the Mental Jewelry tour at the Mad Monk in Wilmington when I was in high school. They were an intense live band. Good times.
Wolfer79
GuerrillaPack
One of my favorite bands as a youth

wolfbreath
Whiskey Blues by various artists.

wolfbreath
Cosmic Slop by Funkadelic

Big Sexy Pack
wolfbreath
Go All The Way by the Raspberries. Live at The House Of Blues Sunset Strip 2007. RIP Eric Carmen.

wolfbreath
Until It Rains by Eddie Hazel/P-Funk

wolfbreath
Money Don't Matter 2 Night by Prince & The New Power Generation

Packchem91
Josiah and the Bonnevilles - Blood Moon

wolfbreath
There For You by Damian Marley

caryking
This is when a recording studio was done with real (my opinion) musicians. Take a look at this…

BTW, Jim Reaves was my fathers favorite singer…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.