Raleigh Regional Game Thread

33,207 Views | 239 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GrayWolf98
wilmwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No doubt Hart was sending him, he's always so aggressive. Lucky to score there, but I'll take it.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
SportManagementEngineer
8-1 now. Tons of two-out action. Should sit Klyman and be able to use him again this regional.
Pakbackr
Could ride him out and know every one else is fresh.
Pakbackr
Could ride him out and know every one else is fresh.
SportManagementEngineer
They let him face two guys. Clenney on, hopefully to take it the rest of the way.
packwest
Not sure if this has been brought up, but these announcers are god awful.
Ripper
Sweet. Ran a quick errand and we add 3 more to 8.
SportManagementEngineer
Mclain is definitely not 100%. Something to keep an eye on.
Rob McLamb
Staff
Will Wilson just hit a homer that almost bounced off Sullivan. He destroyed the ball.
Wolfer79
SportManagementEngineer said:

Mclain is definitely not 100%. Something to keep an eye on.

Tatum in to play center in bottom of 8th per Hahn and Haynes.
Ripper
2 down, 2 to go.
wilmwolf
Rob McLamb said:

Will Wilson just hit a homer that almost bounced off Sullivan. He destroyed the ball.

Looked like about the fifth floor of Lee to me.
packwest
Who pitches tonight?
Wolfer79
bsorry11 said:

Who pitches tonight?

Not named, guess on Justice, Gauthier, or Harrison trying to get to O'Donnell in 7th with lead or tied.
DrummerboyWolf
Another good win for the team. Piedmonte did what he could and pitched fantastically until the injury. Klyman and Clenney did their jobs.

Bats are starting to come alive. We hit the ball hard Friday night, but they were all "At'em" balls. Starting to find the holes now.

Keep it going tonight.

GO PACK.

I imagine Beinlien will start but it's all hands on deck except Brown, Klyman, Piedmonte, and Clenny.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
packwest
Wolfer79 said:

bsorry11 said:

Who pitches tonight?

Not named, guess on Justice, Gauthier, or Harrison trying to get to O'Donnell in 7th with lead or tied.

I thought Gauthier looked good against UNC in Durham.
Pakbackr
Herein lies the problem with losing game 1 of a regional - it just wears your pitching out. Admittedly, this is from Capt. Obvious.
Wolfer79
DrummerboyWolf said:

Another good win for the team. Piedmonte did what he could and pitched fantastically until the injury. Klyman and Clenney did their jobs.

Bats are starting to come alive. We hit the ball hard Friday night, but they were all "At'em" balls. Starting to find the holes now.

Keep it going tonight.

GO PACK.

I imagine Beinlien will start but it's all hands on deck except Brown, Klyman, Piedmonte, and Clenny.

Reading conflicting information on Beinlein's health.

Heck, I think I have 2 gloves in the car, meet me at Doak about 7:20 and we might get at least one batter each.
DrummerboyWolf
Pakbackr said:

Herein lies the problem with losing game 1 of a regional - it just wears your pitching out. Admittedly, this is from Capt. Obvious.
If we had beaten Army and then lost to Auburn, we would have been in the exact same position of playing our 4th game tonight. Yes it does wear on your pitching, but unless you are the undefeated team then you are going to burn some pitching. Very few programs have three quality starters. The guy pitching tonight for Auburn is like 2-2 with over a 4 run ERA. If the bats stay hot, then I like our chances.
DrummerboyWolf
Wolfer79 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Keep it going tonight.

GO PACK.

Heck, I think I have 2 gloves in the car, meet me at Doak about 7:20 and we might get at least one batter each.
Well if he is hurt then that does eliminate him. Justice did look good last week.

Now you and I pitching to kids 40+ years younger than us would be quite comical. After my rotator cuff surgery last year, I'm not sure I could get one to the plate. One thing for sure, it would be so slow it might fool on the first pitch.
Wolfer79
DrummerboyWolf said:

Wolfer79 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Keep it going tonight.

GO PACK.

Well if he is hurt then that does eliminate him. Justice did look good last week.

Now you and I pitching to kids 40+ years younger than us would be quite comical. After my rotator cuff surgery last year, I'm not sure I could get one to the plate. One thing for sure, it would be so slow it might fool on the first pitch.

You going to throw that Bugs Bunny change up and get 3 swing and miss on one pitch, aren't you?
DrummerboyWolf
Wolfer79 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wolfer79 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Keep it going tonight.

GO PACK.

You going to throw that Bugs Bunny change up and get 3 swing and miss on one pitch, aren't you?
Shoot I might get 4 swings on my heater.
wilmwolf
Harrison to start per Twitter.
wilmwolf
Since he pitched Friday, I'm guessing we're looking to get four or five innings or so out of him at best.
BreakPoint
Is Piedmonte injured again? If we somehow were to luckily advance, could he play again?
wilmwolf
BreakPoint said:

Is Piedmonte injured again? If we somehow were to luckily advance, could he play again?

This is what he said post game "I gave it all I had, but Coach made the right decision to come get me...I couldn't go anymore"
Andrew4343
What about O'Donnell first out of the pen? We can't afford to not use him if we get down
Glasswolf
BreakPoint said:

Piedmonte is done
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

DrummerboyWolf
Andrew4343 said:

What about O'Donnell first out of the pen? We can't afford to not use him if we get down
That all depends on what the score is and how the game is going. I have no doubt that Joe can probably go 4 innings at least, but if we don't have to bring him in until the 7th, then I like our chances. Unless we are just blowing them out, I would think he pitches some tonight.
Ncsu67
Who is left in the pen we can throw beside O'Donnell?
Wolfer79
wilmwolf80 said:

Harrison to start per Twitter.

Wolfer79
Ncsu67 said:

Who is left in the pen we can throw beside O'Donnell?
anyone who pitched Friday other than Johnston
Ripper
Harrison, a little shakey. I hope Avent will give the early hook, if necessary. 2nd and 3rd, 1 out.
Andrew4343
He was shaky but buckled down. Neither team will pitch a shutout today. Let's have one of our 4 run innings here!
SportManagementEngineer
Big to hold them to only one run. After Avent came to the mound he calmed down. I'm sure it is a short leash, though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.