NCAA CWS #RoadtoOmaha Pack9 vs Kentucky Sat 1 PM (L5-4) Mon 1 PM CDT (L5-4)

126,965 Views | 1528 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Wolfer79
FLWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great season-Kentucky game was a killer

EA will retire this year or after next (telling recruits this). Hart is the man either way as he controls everything behind the scenes and the recruits love him.
MoCoWolf
AnaeAnae said:

Wilson said:

Close, but no cigar.
A recurring theme.
Complaining about making the CWS is absolutely wild

People are nuts, especially on message boards
Wolfer79
CLTWolf said:

BigLefty24 said:

wait, you blew off your neighbor during a pitching change??

This is quality stuff.

Lewis Grizzled
Brother, I don't think I'd told that.
Packamylase
A lot of what-could-have-beens this CWS. It seemed obvious to start D. Smith in the bottom of the 9th and it seemed like the best choice to start Whitaker in Game 2, but I admit that's not as obvious.

Also 3/21 with RISP. Just 2 more hits and we could have been 2-0.

Fun to watch the Kentucky game live, but frustrating.

Go Pack!
packman34
Packamylase said:

A lot of what-could-have-beens this CWS. It seemed obvious to start D. Smith in the bottom of the 9th and it seemed like the best choice to start Whitaker in Game 2, but I admit that's not as obvious.

Also 3/21 with RISP. Just 2 more hits and we could have been 2-0.

Fun to watch the Kentucky game live, but frustrating.

Go Pack!
3/21 with RISP is what stands out the most IMO.

Coaches make decisions based on analytics and gut feelings. Those work for you sometimes and sometimes they don't. Easy to second guess those decisions after the results are in, but 3/21 is on the players. Avent can't hit for them. Good run to get to Omaha! It always seems like we are snake bit once we get there though
Packchem91
Jtilley said:

How many people would have signed up for 14IP, 17K's, 5 BB's and 4ER in two games from Sam and Whitaker before game one?

Those two pitched their tails off.

Yeah that's crazy good. Certainly "have to win with that" good.
As a lifelong Braves fan, I know that game of post-season great pitching but lack of timely hitting; it's beaten many of a fine team
packman34
Packchem91 said:

Jtilley said:

How many people would have signed up for 14IP, 17K's, 5 BB's and 4ER in two games from Sam and Whitaker before game one?

As a lifelong Braves fan, I know that game of post-season great pitching but lack of timely hitting; it's beaten many of a fine team
Alex is going to have to pull some magic out of his hat again this year. I think the division championship run is about over for our Bravos, but hoping we can still make the WC.
Jtilley
Packchem91 said:

Jtilley said:

Looking a little deeper: 7,8,9 & Serrano went a combined 3 for 30 with 4 BB's, 1 run & 0 RBI's. Soles had two of the hits and the lone run game one and Serreano had two lead off walks. 0-8 RISP.

Edit: Serrano had one lead off walk, not two. I thought he lead off with a walk yesterday but he did not.
matracey
Jtilley said:

Packchem91 said:

Jtilley said:

Looking a little deeper: 7,8,9 & Serrano went a combined 3 for 30 with 4 BB's, 1 run & 0 RBI's. Soles had two of the hits and the lone run game one and Serreano had two lead off walks. 0-8 RISP.
Yep didn't need those guys to be heroes. Just needed them to give you something. Which they did in the regional and super regional. Unfortunate but that's the game.
Glasswolf
Glasswolf
Wolfer79
Today I keep telling myself

Do not be sad because it is over.
Be glad because it happened.

Some times I am still sad, but I then I remember going to Clemson at 18-12, 8-7 and it has been heck of a last few months.
Glasswolf
Glasswolf
Glasswolf
For what it's worth upon his return to Raleigh and Doak Field, Avent confirmed he will be coaching Pack 9 next season.
wolfgators
Wolfpacklife
Glasswolf said:

For what it's worth upon his return to Raleigh and Doak Field, Avent confirmed he will be coaching Pack 9 next season.

Hell yeah!
Pack Grad married to Pack Grad

Glasswolf
Wolfpacklife said:

Glasswolf said:

Hell yeah!
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Glasswolf

kmitch25501
Oldsouljer
Glasswolf said:

Wolfpacklife said:

Glasswolf said:

Hell yeah!

Now THAT…is a quote!
Glasswolf

Glasswolf

Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.