NCAA CWS #RoadtoOmaha Pack9 vs Kentucky Sat 1 PM (L5-4) Mon 1 PM CDT (L5-4)

93,239 Views | 1526 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Glasswolf
KCWolfpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
James Henderson said:

M_A said:

The problem is Fritton cant throw the ball where Cozart wants him to. We wanted strikes against the bottom of the order he threw it high and outside. We wanted to pitch around Caglinone and see if he would bail us and he threw it right in his sweet zone
Yeah, asking Fritton to command the zone when he's struggling to command the zone just in case you can get a guy who has only struck out 25 times in like 240 at-bats is a risky move to me, but sure.

We love Avent, but it's been seen over 20 years, he is more of a "let's see what happens and react" kind of coach vs. a "I'm gonna make sure this doesn't happen"
wilmwolf
WilsonWolf said:

Since we are going to keep this argument up. No one knows what would've happened if we walked Caglianone in the SECOND inning. Who is to say that guy doesn't get walked and then Shelton hits a homer. Then we're in a worse spot. The benefit of hindsight is amazing.

Every decision is easy when you know the outcome. I'm not even defending pitching to him or not. I just know this board, and if we walked him and gave up a slam, or an even bigger inning, everyone would be questioning the free pass. I understand why we'd pitch to him, and I understand why we could've walked him, regardless of the result.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
ClePack
I'll leave it at this : if their best player beats you, and you gave him a chance to beat you, you messed up imo. If you don't give their best player a chance to beat you, and some other guy steps up and beats you, it's a lot easier to live with. Hopefully that doesn't end up losing this game for us. Let's score more
James Henderson
Staff

Doesn't look like Cozart's setting up for that to be up and out of the zone.
kbdavis33
wilmwolf said:

WilsonWolf said:

Since we are going to keep this argument up. No one knows what would've happened if we walked Caglianone in the SECOND inning. Who is to say that guy doesn't get walked and then Shelton hits a homer. Then we're in a worse spot. The benefit of hindsight is amazing.

Every decision is easy when you know the outcome. I'm not even defending pitching to him or not. I just know this board, and if we walked him and gave up a slam, or an even bigger inning, everyone would be questioning the free pass. I understand why we'd pitch to him, and I understand why we could've walked him, regardless of the result.
That much I definitely agree with haha. If it went poorly, people would have an opinion LOL
ClePack
Dang
metcalfmafia
Dangit that was hung.
James Henderson
Staff
wilmwolf said:

WilsonWolf said:

Who would be questioning walking Caglione? How can you even question that, regardless of what the next jag does?

It's like saying folks would have questioned going to your closer, Smith, the other night, to close the game. No one is questioning that, regardless of outcome.
wolfman18
DAMMIT AVENT!
WilsonWolf
kbdavis33 said:

WilsonWolf said:

I'm going to move on. But really? That's the argument?

The guy that has 2 HR's on the season might have hit one instead of the 2nd leading HR hitter in all of college baseball?

I'd take the odds. Because they're infinitely better.
The guy in the 4 hole has 20 homers this year and had 25 last year. That's who I'm talking about
DanielWilsonIPS
metcalfmafia said:

Dangit that was hung.
that's what she said
Daniel Wilson
Staff Writer, IPS
Producer, Learfield
NCBWA Member
wilmwolf
James Henderson said:

Doesn't look like Cozart's setting up for that to be up and out of the zone.

He's setup for it to be off the plate on the right hand batters box side. He jumps two feet to his left as the windup starts, just like he did on the previous pitch.
The Gatekeeper.
kmb717
pack95 said:

Does Eli have a hit in Omaha?

0 for 8 so far unfortunately.
James Henderson
Staff
Whit looks good
SportManagementEngineer
One run through three for Whit. Probably should've started him.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
kbdavis33
WilsonWolf said:

kbdavis33 said:

WilsonWolf said:

The guy that has 2 HR's on the season might have hit one instead of the 2nd leading HR hitter in all of college baseball?

The guy in the 4 hole has 20 homers this year and had 25 last year. That's who I'm talking about
But he wasn't up to bat next? You need one out to get out of the inning. Your odds of doing that are infinitely better vs Wilson than Cags.

The dropoff from Cags to Shelton is lesser, but still pretty large.
wilmwolf
James Henderson said:

wilmwolf said:

WilsonWolf said:

Who would be questioning walking Caglione? How can you even question that, regardless of what the next jag does?

It's like saying folks would have questioned going to your closer, Smith, the other night, to close the game. No one is questioning that, regardless of outcome.

Do you ever actually read your message board outside of the things you write? EVERYTHING is questioned, and particularly so if it doesn't work.
The Gatekeeper.
metcalfmafia
Is there a segment of the population out there that enjoys watching kid's parents watch their son play? Why do we have to have a camera on parents for half of these baseball games?
Colonel Armstrong
Whit is pitching well enough for us to get back in this game, let's get the bats going
M_A
Whit HR = 1 run vs Fritton = 3 (+1 on the sac fly AB before)

Thats the difference. Whit starts the game and he gives up 2 solo shots thus far and we're leading this
Alex Gee
Staff
It happened an hour ago lol.

Let's score more than 5
WilsonWolf
kbdavis33 said:

WilsonWolf said:

kbdavis33 said:

WilsonWolf said:

But he wasn't up to bat next? You need one out to get out of the inning. Your odds of doing that are infinitely better vs Wilson than Cags.

The dropoff from Cags to Shelton is lesser, but still pretty large.
But who is to say we don't compound the issue by not getting that guy out
wilmwolf
metcalfmafia said:

Is there a segment of the population out there that enjoys watching kid's parents watch their son play? Why do we have to have a camera on parents for half of these baseball games?

No. But TV people ****ing love it.
The Gatekeeper.
James Henderson
Staff
Pennington=stud
M_A
Pennington got 2 pitches anywhere near the zone that AB and hit em about 800 feet combined
metcalfmafia
wilmwolf said:

metcalfmafia said:

No. But TV people ****ing love it.
I mean do we want them to dance for the camera? Something happens and boom we have to see some kid's dads reaction.
CloudPack
I think Pennington is tired of getting hit lol. Both of those balls were smoked
wilmwolf
This ump doesn't understand geometry.
The Gatekeeper.
M_A
Ump screwed AMak that AB. Called an outside pitch a strike and made him reach for the next one
metcalfmafia
They were gonna try working around AMak there.
Alex Gee
Staff
Freaking home plate ump man. That's terrible. Calling that a strike means you have to swing.
metcalfmafia
M_A said:

Ump screwed AMak that AB. Called an outside pitch a strike and made him reach for the next one
Yep exactly.
Jtilley
Now would be a good time for Cozart to have a good AB vs a lefty.
metcalfmafia
What are Cozy's splits lefty vs righty?
Jtilley
metcalfmafia said:

What are Cozy's splits lefty vs righty?
He hits sub .200 vs lefties.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.