NCAA CWS #RoadtoOmaha Pack9 vs Kentucky Sat 1 PM (L5-4) Mon 1 PM CDT (L5-4)

93,241 Views | 1526 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Glasswolf
kbdavis33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LOL

Avent: "We were happy to walk him but just gave him a pitch"

*IF* you were happy to walk him, maybe just walk him? I get that it's execution, but now you're relying on a guy that couldn't find the zone to find a secondary zone.
Daviewolf83
Staff
Elliot just said they are not throwing to Cags any more in this game. He said Dom missed on the pitch and threw it too low. They were happy to walk him.
Nairo
And you literally don't even have to throw a pitch to intentionally walk them now

Daviewolf83 said:

Elliot just said they are not throwing to Cags any more in this game. He said Dom missed on the pitch and threw it too low. They were happy to walk him.
M_A
WilsonWolf said:

M_A said:

Really feels like the order is Soles through Cozart and then it just dies. We managed to get some production from the other guys against Georgia but it's tough
Butterworth literally has 1 of 3 RBI's in this game lol. Sosa 1/2 with a BS strike 3 call. Soles has been great all post season
Thats kinda my point. Butterworth hit in the big bats. That middle of the order is all station to station unless Sosa runs into one. Guess you could even throw Soles into that but hes fine as the second lead off hitting 9 man
wilmwolf
James Henderson said:

wilmwolf said:

Alex Gee said:

Every single seems to be "Avent sucks" here recently. Theres 7 more at bats for the pack in a 3 run game. Was Sullivan an idiot for starting Caglione? Lol

Dom was gonna have to give us a start either today or tomorrow. Avent said he thought Dom gave us the best chance to dominate their lineup and that showed early, fell apart in the 2nd. Giving Whit the ball here is the right move obviously.

Math just changes and Coop starts tomorrow if you win

And James is leading the firing squad. Typical.
Firing squad.

I don't wan to fire anybody but it's okay to not agree with moves/decisions. I also dont think saying you'd do something different means anyone sucks.

When was the last time you posted on a baseball thread about a coaching decision you agreed with? I can't find one.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Alex Gee
Staff
Chased a top 5 pick after an inning. Have a guy we trust to work for a while on the mound in a 1 run game in the 4th at the freaking College World Series folks!
Daviewolf83
Staff
Nairo said:

And you literally don't even have to throw a pitch to intentionally walk them now

Daviewolf83 said:

Yep. If you are okay walking him - then walk him. You had a pitcher who was struggling to find the strike zone throw to him and he made the mistake that hurts you.
Borowolf10
KCWolfpack said:

Where would this team be without Pennington and A-Mak?!

The top 4 guys carry this team.
Jtilley
Daviewolf83 said:

Nairo said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Yep. If you are okay walking him - then walk him. You had a pitcher who was struggling to find the strike zone throw to him and he made the mistake that hurts you.
You're hoping you get him to chase out of the zone, he does have a tendency for that. But if you don't locate...
kbdavis33
Any other arguments?
Jtilley
LOL lesson learned.
James Henderson
Staff
wilmwolf said:

James Henderson said:

wilmwolf said:

Alex Gee said:

Every single seems to be "Avent sucks" here recently. Theres 7 more at bats for the pack in a 3 run game. Was Sullivan an idiot for starting Caglione? Lol

Dom was gonna have to give us a start either today or tomorrow. Avent said he thought Dom gave us the best chance to dominate their lineup and that showed early, fell apart in the 2nd. Giving Whit the ball here is the right move obviously.

Math just changes and Coop starts tomorrow if you win

And James is leading the firing squad. Typical.
Firing squad.

I don't wan to fire anybody but it's okay to not agree with moves/decisions. I also dont think saying you'd do something different means anyone sucks.

When was the last time you posted on a baseball thread about a coaching decision you agreed with? I can't find one.
I'm pretty sure we were discussing the Cozart no bunt deal in this thread vs. UK and I agreed with not bunting Cozart with runners on first and second no outs. That's a coaching decision.

There's plenty of coaching decisions I agree with.
GoPack2003
Lesson learned.
Rob McLamb
Staff
Jtilley said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Nairo said:

Daviewolf83 said:

You're hoping you get him to chase out of the zone, he does have a tendency for that. But if you don't locate...
Well done. He makes an out almost 60 percent of the time. It can be done.
Twitter: @RobMcLamb
M_A
The problem is Fritton cant throw the ball where Cozart wants him to. We wanted strikes against the bottom of the order he threw it high and outside. We wanted to pitch around Caglinone and see if he would bail us and he threw it right in his sweet zone
ClePack
Great decision by avent to walk cags and it pays off
PackWatch
LOL wheres the why walk him crowd now?
wilmwolf
If the guy they are showing is Logan's dad, I need to take some of what he's taking.
The Gatekeeper.
kbdavis33
I rest my case.
Wearestate13
Big strikeout. First 2 strikes were "hangers" but that kid ain't gonna send every mistake deep.

Make him beat you
James Henderson
Staff
M_A said:

The problem is Fritton cant throw the ball where Cozart wants him to. We wanted strikes against the bottom of the order he threw it high and outside. We wanted to pitch around Caglinone and see if he would bail us and he threw it right in his sweet zone
Yeah, asking Fritton to command the zone when he's struggling to command the zone just in case you can get a guy who has only struck out 25 times in like 240 at-bats is a risky move to me, but sure.
WolfpackUSC
Also, UF's #3 batter went 3 months without a hit.
ChemE94
Glad he got out of it with the swinging k but man, this ump can go eat a big bag of dicks.
metcalfmafia
I mean that outside strike is a different call depending on the jersey you are wearing.
Daviewolf83
Staff
Jtilley said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Nairo said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Unfortunately, Dom could not throw it outside of the zone. He threw him a ball up and inside and Cags hit the ball 115 mph off the bat. There is a reason why he has been intentionally walked more than any other player in college baseball this season.
WilsonWolf
Since we are going to keep this argument up. No one knows what would've happened if we walked Caglianone in the SECOND inning. Who is to say that guy doesn't get walked and then Shelton hits a homer. Then we're in a worse spot. The benefit of hindsight is amazing.
wilmwolf
Boo is there. For all the people to claim to never see him.
The Gatekeeper.
WolfpackUSC
wilmwolf said:

He's not active on twitter, so he sucks apparently.
SportManagementEngineer
wilmwolf said:

Yeah, I just overheard him saying to the hot dog guy "I can't believe Avent didn't walk Cags in the second."
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
M_A
Their 2B seems like a butcher. Keep hitting it his way
kbdavis33
WilsonWolf said:

Since we are going to keep this argument up. No one knows what would've happened if we walked Caglianone in the SECOND inning. Who is to say that guy doesn't get walked and then Shelton hits a homer. Then we're in a worse spot. The benefit of hindsight is amazing.
I'm going to move on. But really? That's the argument?

The guy that has 2 HR's on the season might have hit one instead of the 2nd leading HR hitter in all of college baseball?

I'd take the odds. Because they're infinitely better.
Jtilley
It would be hell trying to figure out this umps zone as a hitter today.
GoPack2003
It's getting to the point Eli should just try and bunt the runner over
pack95
Does Eli have a hit in Omaha?
WlfpckFtbll
IPS guys, can we get a reverse jinx comment about eli being the key

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.