NCAA CWS #RoadtoOmaha Pack9 vs Kentucky Sat 1 PM (L5-4) Mon 1 PM CDT (L5-4)

93,250 Views | 1526 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Glasswolf
SexualChocolate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let's get these back Pack!
SportManagementEngineer
M_A said:

Problem wasnt the top pick hitting a HR, it was all the non-competitive pitches to walk the guys on the bottom of the order so after the HR they had 4 runs instead of 1
Indeed.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
wilmwolf
I'm more upset about the umpiring mistakes in the first than I am pitching decisions. You aren't going to win this game scoring one run, those calls took two runs off the board for us.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
BollNCSU
James Henderson said:

BollNCSU said:

"Might want to walk this guy"….HOMER
Of course, base open with two outs. I don't get pitching to the guy who has most power in baseball; might be one of 2-3 dudes who probably hits one out with this wind.

But we struck him out first time with no one on so why not!

I'm not pitching to him there, he even called him a Halloween nightmare but yet pitches to him with 2 on and 2 out and first base open???
ChemE94
Definitely have our work cut out for us. Guy made us pay for a bad pitch - hopefully we can return the favor here and get one or two back.
Alex Gee
Staff
Runners on 1st and 2nd
M_A
Nairo said:

Strike zone is the size of a pee hole
It's been tighter than the college typical all CWS. Closer to what theyll see at the next level...well, the guys who will move on, that is
kbdavis33
Slobbering_Wolf said:

So so soooooo STUPID starting Dom in this game, y'all can rag me if you want but AVENT has royally screwed up his pitching decisions in this CWS
Yep.

I wasn't so against starting Dom. If you start Whitaker today, then you have to start Dom vs Kentucky/A&M anyway. So the order didn't really matter IMO.

But the decision to not put in Smith in the bottom of the 9th to start the inning will go down as an all-time bad coaching decision in my book. Outside of what you think about Dudan (I love Dudan), it just made zero sense whatsoever.
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
SportManagementEngineer said:

M_A said:

Problem wasnt the top pick hitting a HR, it was all the non-competitive pitches to walk the guys on the bottom of the order so after the HR they had 4 runs instead of 1
Indeed.
of course but once he is up you walk him too....make someone else beat you
Borowolf10
We were never going to get a low scoring game from Florida. We are going to have to out hit them to win.
WilsonWolf
BollNCSU said:

James Henderson said:

BollNCSU said:

Of course, base open with two outs. I don't get pitching to the guy who has most power in baseball; might be one of 2-3 dudes who probably hits one out with this wind.

I'm not pitching to him there, he even called him a Halloween nightmare but yet pitches to him with 2 on and 2 out and first base open???

It was 1st and 2nd. No one is intentionally walking the bases loaded in that situation to face their three hitter. Just don't float one middle middle
WilsonWolf
It's our second at bat. Nowhere close to being done. Get some runs
wirewolf
WilsonWolf said:

BollNCSU said:

James Henderson said:

BollNCSU said:

It was 1st and 2nd. No one is intentionally walking the bases loaded in that situation to face their three hitter. Just don't float one middle middle

Dom shouldn't have still been in the game imo.
Jtilley
Open base with the way Dom pitched that inning I am making someone else beat me there.

UVA is at home because they wouldn't walk a guy.
Nairo
They worked the bases loaded and got 4. We had bases loaded with one out and got 1.
WilsonWolf
wirewolf said:

WilsonWolf said:

BollNCSU said:

James Henderson said:

BollNCSU said:

Dom shouldn't have still been in the game imo.
That's another argument. If we get the same strike zone from the previous half inning we're not having this conversation.
Borowolf10
How many pop ups have we hit in Omaha so far?
SportManagementEngineer
Assuming Whit comes in soon. Even if you come back and win this game, you've burned your three weekend starters just to go 1-1.

Avent didn't learn from Saturday. Start with your best guy - Smith in the 9th up 1 & Whitaker today.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
James Henderson
Staff
wilmwolf said:

I'm more upset about the umpiring mistakes in the first than I am pitching decisions. You aren't going to win this game scoring one run, those calls took two runs off the board for us.
We didn't help ourselves there getting to 0-2 swinging (and checking) at balls out the zone against a guy walking everybody.
Glasswolf
ClePack said:

Glasswolf said:

I love Avent but here is his usual monthly brain fart game. That's 22 HR's given up by Fritton

Could make the argument he had that brain fart Saturday, too. Just not good enough decision making in the cws.
I was OK with Saturday for the most part
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

James Henderson
Staff
WilsonWolf said:

BollNCSU said:

James Henderson said:

BollNCSU said:

Sure you are. Do you know who their 2 hitter is?
kbdavis33
WilsonWolf said:

BollNCSU said:

James Henderson said:

BollNCSU said:

Disagree? You're facing a top 4 pick in the MLB Draft with 33 home runs batting .411. Likely the only guy on Florida's team to hit one out of the park with the wind coming in.

Their 3 hitter today has 59 at bats on the season. 2 HRs, 14 RBI's.

With 2 outs, you just need 1 out either way, no matter what's on the bases.

Bad decision. Like James said vs UGA, don't let the best player beat you.
James Henderson
Staff
SportManagementEngineer said:

Assuming Whit comes in soon. Even if you come back and win this game, you've burned your three weekend starters just to go 1-1.

Avent didn't learn from Saturday. Start with your best guy - Smith in the 9th up 1 & Whitaker today.
Apparently he told the commentators they were staying with what got them there (in going with Fritton).
WilsonWolf
James Henderson said:

WilsonWolf said:

BollNCSU said:

James Henderson said:

BollNCSU said:

Well aware. The guy who just struck out on three straight fastballs with good location. Don't throw it down the middle to him and we're fine.
Borowolf10
Weak, weak, and weak from 8,9, and 1 there.
James Henderson
Staff
kbdavis33 said:

WilsonWolf said:

BollNCSU said:

James Henderson said:

BollNCSU said:

Disagree? You're facing a top 4 pick in the MLB Draft with 33 home runs batting .411. Likely the only guy on Florida's team to hit one out of the park with the wind coming in.

It's ridiculous.
ClePack
Nairo said:

They worked the bases loaded and got 4. We had bases loaded with one out and got 1.

That's the story of our entire season. A trend that showed up day 1 and never got resolved.

Personally I think there is a little too much inexperience in parts of our lineup
kbdavis33
Nairo said:

Aside from one game vs UGA, we've been awful with RISP.

Been an absolute killer.
FlockaWolf
Starting Dom was a horrific decision
James Henderson
Staff
WilsonWolf said:

James Henderson said:

WilsonWolf said:

BollNCSU said:

James Henderson said:

BollNCSU said:

Well aware. The guy who just struck out on three straight fastballs with good location. Don't throw it down the middle to him and we're fine.
Yeah, I'd love to strike him out everytime he's up, but he's also a guy who doesn't strike out much at all IIRC and the danger he presents is too risky with two outs and an inferior guy behind him.

Don't let the best player beat you. If someone else does, okay.
kmb717
Lefty on the mound for Florida. We're in trouble.
Daviewolf83
Staff
Announcers said that Elliot told them Soles' hamstring is 80% and you could tell by the way he ran down to first on his hit. Not sure how long you can leave him in the outfield if his hamstring is that bad.
Jtilley
James Henderson said:

kbdavis33 said:

WilsonWolf said:

BollNCSU said:

James Henderson said:

BollNCSU said:

It's ridiculous.
Old school approach, "Trust you defense and throw strikes".

Similar to same batting order vs a lefty as a righty.
Rob McLamb
Staff
I just want to make sure I understand this.

There are people saying NC State should have issued an intentional walk with runners at 1st and 2nd, thus loading the bases?

EDIT: In the second inning?
Twitter: @RobMcLamb
Glasswolf
FlockaWolf said:

Starting Dom was a horrific decision
Well Dom is done. Whitaker in the game.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.