NCAA CWS #RoadtoOmaha Pack9 vs Kentucky Sat 1 PM (L5-4) Mon 1 PM CDT (L5-4)

91,187 Views | 1526 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by Glasswolf
James Henderson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
pblanks said:

wilmwolf said:

James Henderson said:

pblanks said:

He went to smith one batter later. Makes no sense if the leash was that tight.

We went away from the formula that got us here.
EXACTLY!

If you weren't going to Smith to start the inning, why are you with a runner on 1st and no outs and Dudan at 18 pitches.

Tie game, how long could you even go with Smith at that point?

You go to the guy to get you the out you need right then, not the outs you might need later. Everyone praised very similar decisions in the super regional. It is very annoying how you and Ethan just show up to baseball in the post season and jump all over every coaching decision.

And it's really lame how the baseball guys act entitled to the game because others have stuff going on in February besides college baseball. Give me a break. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Baseball guys are becoming as bad a hockey guys. It's not your sport.

You needed 3 outs to win and you have one of the best closers in the game. I or anyone else don't need to watch every baseball game on the calendar to question that move. Who knows who's right but the question isn't out of bounds. .

The baseball guys? Who are they?
wilmwolf
James Henderson said:

wilmwolf said:

James Henderson said:

pblanks said:

EXACTLY!

If you weren't going to Smith to start the inning, why are you with a runner on 1st and no outs and Dudan at 18 pitches.

You go to the guy to get you the out you need right then, not the outs you might need later. Everyone praised very similar decisions in the super regional. It is very annoying how you and Ethan just show up to baseball in the post season and jump all over every coaching decision.

Show up to baseball in the postseason? I've watched every game this season. You're crying about the wrong guy there.

I just don't bow down and agree with every coaching decision like some others.

I'm not crying about anything boss. The only time you post on the baseball forum is when something goes wrong. I like you bro, and I'm with you on most things, but you **** all over every coaching decision come baseball post season and always have. You played baseball, I played baseball, outside of that, neither of us is more qualified to make coaching decisions than the guy that got us to Omaha, so I give him the benefit of the doubt.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
CLTWolf
James Henderson said:

pblanks said:

wilmwolf said:

James Henderson said:

pblanks said:

EXACTLY!

And it's really lame how the baseball guys act entitled to the game because others have stuff going on in February besides college baseball. Give me a break. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Baseball guys are becoming as bad a hockey guys. It's not your sport.

You needed 3 outs to win and you have one of the best closers in the game. I or anyone else don't need to watch every baseball game on the calendar to question that move. Who knows who's right but the question isn't out of bounds. .

Hell, I'll claim it. Me. I'm one.

Haha
Alex Gee
Staff
They were somehow worse so I guess take that into consideration, but this is more of fault than pitching or coaching decisions.

10 hits and only 1 coming with RISP
StateFan2001
James Henderson said:

wilmwolf said:

James Henderson said:

pblanks said:

EXACTLY!

Show up to baseball in the postseason? I've watched every game this season. You're crying about the wrong guy there.

I just don't bow down and agree with every coaching decision like some others.

Nor should you. There were some late inning issues there. Mine weren't so much who was in the game but rather some of the pitch calls we saw.
pblanks
James Henderson said:

pblanks said:

wilmwolf said:

James Henderson said:

pblanks said:

EXACTLY!

Read one post up. Its not the first time I've read that comment here.
StateFan2001
We know you do.
Wolfpacklife
Damn. We have some pissy pants in here. It's baseball. It happens. Go handle business next game
Pack Grad married to Pack Grad

pblanks
Alex Gee said:

They were somehow worse so I guess take that into consideration, but this is more of fault than pitching or coaching decisions.

So hit better and also use your closer to close the game with the lead.
wilmwolf
Alex Gee said:

Folks have been complaining about pitching related **** all season, but when we lose, it almost always has come down to this statistic.
Alex Gee
Staff
Dudan also had just gone pop out, strike out, pop out with both pop outs traveling a grand total of about 60 feet.

I just don't think hyperanalyzing that decision is worth it.
CLTWolf
StateFan2001 said:

We know you do.

Weird how you were nowhere to be found after the win Monday. But here you are like fkn clockwork. Haha

Must've had to work late. Haha
wilmwolf
CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

We know you do.

Weird how you were nowhere to be found after the win Monday. But here you are like fkn clockwork. Haha

You aren't allowed to criticize people who had other things to do, you don't own the game.
Alex Gee
Staff
pblanks said:

Alex Gee said:

So hit better and also use your closer to close the game with the lead.

Or leave the guy in who just induced 2 weak pop outs and a strikeout who has 6 saves on the season also. Including against 2 teams in Omaha
CloudPack
Crazy that Uk was able to pull that many into the spot that the ball would carry. Those shots all fell within like 5 feet of each other.
CLTWolf
wilmwolf said:

CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

We know you do.

You aren't allowed to criticize people who had other things to do, you don't own the game.

Damn…

Hahahaha

The hibachi chef laughed too. Hahaha
Packchem91
Alex Gee said:

Dudan also had just gone pop out, strike out, pop out with both pop outs traveling a grand total of about 60 feet.

But is it hyper analyzing to say "use your season long closer to close G1 at WCS?"
Trj10
Alex Gee said:

And gave a runner third. He struggled and the best closer on the team was in the pen to start the 9th.
Alex Gee
Staff
Packchem91 said:

Alex Gee said:

But is it hyper analyzing to say "use your season long closer to close G1 at WCS?"

He's not your season long closer. For the entire year in game 1s we have gone Highfill, SVD/Coop, Dudan.

Smith has traditionally thrown game 2s and 3s if necessary
wolfman18
Alex Gee said:

Of course it's not. I'd imagine a lot of coaches would take Dudan on the mound in the 9th up one run to try and close it out. Like ole Gottfried said "they gotta guard us too pal"
Werewolf
Alex Gee
Staff
Walk, steal, BS balk call.

After the walk he threw 4 strikes and 2 balls getting 3 outs.

Like I get it I guess, but it feels like hindsight. I fully expected him to mow down 6,7,8 and instead they hit a backside homerun.
CLTWolf
Werewolf said:

Trj10 said:

Alex Gee said:

And gave a runner third. He struggled and the best closer on the team was in the pen to start the 9th.
Add in the fact that he's a Freshman. Seasoned polished closer vrs a talented Freshman.

Who's the seasoned polished closer?
Alex Gee
Staff
Smith and Dudan enter the season with basically the exact same usage haha. Freshman aren't freshman anymore at this point. Neither of them have pitched in Omaha.
ClePack
Alex Gee said:

Yeah, this is big. Risp has been an issue for all us year
Werewolf
LOL, I got rid of it when I saw ALex's post. I've watched two games this year, I'm outta the discussion. :-)
Trj10
Alex Gee said:

Walk, steal, BS balk call.

After the walk he threw 4 strikes and 2 balls getting 3 outs.

Like I get it I guess, but it feels like hindsight. I fully expected him to mow down 6,7,8 and instead they hit a backside homerun.

It's hindsight to go with your closer in the 9th up one?
Werewolf
Alex Gee said:

Smith and Dudan enter the season with basically the exact same usage haha. Freshman aren't freshman anymore at this point. Neither of them have pitched in Omaha.
These kids nowadays have played a lot of ball, agreed. You're telling me Dudan looked as settled as Smith these last two games? No way. But I've watched two games, I'm out of the discussion.
65Pack
It's been a good 2nd half of the year but hitting wise we need major upgrades in Lf, CF, RF, SS , 2nd and DH. All these positions are under .300 and several are around .250.
The love fest with Serano by Avent needs to end. We need to get a true lead-off .
CLTWolf
Alex Gee said:

Again, dude just started watching the team last weekend. He has no idea that D Rock threw 3 innings last year. Far from seasoned or polished.
SniderFC
wilmwolf said:

Have we ever lost a game where we just lost and it wasn't the coach's fault? It gets really ****ing old.

Game 2 against UGA I'd say
Alex Gee
Staff
I guess I'll just say this. We lost in extras to the number 2 team in the country. The guy on the mound that gave up the home run proved the inning prior that they couldn't touch him… then backside bomb.

Same guy you gave the ball to with bases loaded against the best hitter arguably in the history of college baseball and he struck him out. Same guy who struck out the almighty Vance Honeycutt to close out UNC.

Bigger issue today was 4 runs. They made one more big swing than our guys did. That said, still not striking out and if anyone can scrap out of loser's bracket it's the Pack9
wilmwolf
CLTWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

Again, dude just started watching the team last weekend. He has no idea that D Rock threw 3 innings last year. Far from seasoned or polished.

And the staff considers both Smith and Dudan to be closers.
Werewolf
CLTWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

My friend, I've coached many years of baseball and pitched in to college. Beat 11th ranked Univ of TN as a Freshman. I know pitching.
Wolfpacklife
Alex Gee said:

I guess I'll just say this. We lost in extras to the number 2 team in the country. The guy on the mound that gave up the home run proved the inning prior that they couldn't touch him… then backside bomb.

Same guy you gave the ball to with bases loaded against the best hitter arguably in the history of college baseball and he struck him out. Same guy who struck out the almighty Vance Honeycutt to close out UNC.

Bigger issue today was 4 runs. They made one more big swing than our guys did. That said, still not striking out and if anyone can scrap out of loser's bracket it's the Pack9

Mic drop
Pack Grad married to Pack Grad

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.