NCAA CWS #RoadtoOmaha Pack9 vs Kentucky Sat 1 PM (L5-4) Mon 1 PM CDT (L5-4)

90,649 Views | 1526 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Glasswolf
PackBacker07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OOF, there it is. Just can't leave 10+ on base when you are playing these type of teams. We're good enough to advance but this sucks.
Y'all means ALL.
I40Wolf
I guess we should have left Dudan in.
PackWatch
Lol.
getwicked
Unbelievable
loray97
That's on Avent
CloudPack
Brutal.
ChemE94
Well fahhhk. Should have won it in the 9th with smith slamming the door against the bottom of their lineup - and they made use pay in the 10th
Wolfpacklife
Ball bounces your way some days.. sometimes it doesn't. We ain't done yet
Pack Grad married to Pack Grad

Andrew4343
Our closer got 5 outs. That should be enough
James Henderson
Staff
Threw his best pitch. Unfortunately, we now need Smith to throw pitch No. 30.

And you lose.
engineercoach
Elliot going to be laying in bed tonight wondering why he didn't bring smith in to start the ninth. That loss hurts
KCWolfpack
Sadly, Ethan was onto something with Smith and Dudan on the preview pod….
griff17matt
Lmao bullpen been reading those clippings too much. Terrible.
FlockaWolf
Disgusting not to bring your closer in to close
Andrew4343
Smith got 5 outs before he gave up a run. That works for a closer 99% of the time
James Henderson
Staff
Smith's stuff right now falls off fast. You don't want him at 25+ pitches man. That's why you roll with him bases empty to start 9th.

That's a failure as a staff IMO. It's okay to say that.
Statenate
UK is obnoxious. I hope they get curb stomped next game. Regardless if we win, I want them and obviously the holes to go home.
wilmwolf
Have we ever lost a game where we just lost and it wasn't the coach's fault? It gets really ****ing old.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
M_A
This field is so evenly match you wouldve had to win a game (or two) like this to take it all home but the other problem is the bats outside the big 3 did nothing that game. And if Soles is out it gets even worse
PackBacker07
The staff didn't leave we 12 or whatever on base...
Y'all means ALL.
Wearestate13
Gotta win 4 games in a row now? Surely it's been done but I assume the majority who make title game win their first game.
welppack
players make the plays but coaches did not put the guys in a position to succeed
livewolf
Statenate said:

UK is obnoxious. I hope they get curb stomped next game. Regardless if we win, I want them and obviously the holes to go home.

They will get even more obnoxious now, because we kind of gave it to them. To the victor goes the spoils.
M_A
wilmwolf said:

Have we ever lost a game where we just lost and it wasn't the coach's fault? It gets really ****ing old.
Yeah it just doesnt matter that you dont let your closer close or realize that relievers are relieving for a reason
Alex Gee
Staff
James Henderson said:

Smith's stuff right now falls off fast. You don't want him at 25+ pitches man. That's why you roll with him bases empty to start 9th.

Or the other team made two really good swings against two of your best guys.

They're number two in the country for a reason. We could be talking about scoring more than 4 also.
CLTWolf
Man, what a great game. I'm at dinner with the fam for dad's day so I couldn't unleash a blue streak of f bombs but man, I'm not even mad right now. I prolly will be later but the CWS is so fkn fun.
loray97
wilmwolf said:

Sometimes it is the coach's fault, pretty indefensible decision in the 9th inning with the lead
James Henderson
Staff
wilmwolf said:

Of course. We've also won a lot of games because of great coaching moves.

This is baseball. The coach has more decisions to make than in any other sport. It's okay to question them some. They are big boys.
KCWolfpack
James Henderson said:

Threw his best pitch. Unfortunately, we now need Smith to throw pitch No. 30.

And you lose.

I've said it before, Avent has too late of a hook on his pitchers. Been watching it for 20 years. Love the guy, but this seems to be his Achilles heel.
WlfpckFtbll
Wearestate13 said:

Gotta win 4 games in a row now? Surely it's been done but I assume the majority who make title game win their first game.

Believe i saw its only been done 4 times. LSU did it last year. Isnt florida and A&m bith holding their ace pitcher too?

Edit: based on a below post i guess i made this up
Daviewolf83
Staff
James Henderson said:

Totally agree. I am still stunned he did not come in the bottom of the ninth. Falls squarely on Avent and Chrysler.
ChemE94
wilmwolf said:

Yes but I'm sure if EA had it to do over again he brings in smith to start the 9th. Just a dumb move and I'm sure he will own it postgame.
M_A
Even if you put a starter in the pen he's going to come in firing at 120% and add a couple MPH ticks that first inning..of course, theres a reason he doesnt throw like that when he starts. It doesnt last
PackBacker07
Per NCAA:

"Twelve teams in Men's College World Series history have gone on to win the national championship after dropping their first game in Omaha. The most recent example came in 2018, when Oregon State won six straight games to claim the title.

The group of 12 to escape the losers' bracket after Game 1 account for less than 17 percent of national champions.

In 2019, two first-round losers, Louisville and Texas Tech, advanced to the national semifinals before bowing out."
Y'all means ALL.
James Henderson
Staff
Alex Gee said:

James Henderson said:

Or the other team made two really good swings against two of your best guys.

They're number two in the country for a reason. We could be talking about scoring more than 4 also.
Well when you're bunting early and often it's hard to talk about scoring more than 4. You're playing for low-scoring with that mentality.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.