#Pack9 (18-12, 8-7) @ Clemson 4/12-14, (11-8W) (4-0W) (7-0L)

18,036 Views | 289 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by tau06
PossumJenkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would rather see Lanphere than Sosa at the moment
Alex Gee
Staff
wilmwolf said:

Alex Gee said:

I hope this works out obviously, but don't love changing the lineup from yesterday. They know better than me..

Lefties putting the bat on the ball against their guy so far, maybe there was something in the scout. The good thing is we scored, if you're going to stack the righties at the top, they've got to produce.

Yeah I get the reasoning. I'm just a believer in riding the hot hand. We pushed 12 across yesterday and I think Butterworth is 2 for his last 26 now but we have him in the leadoff spot. I think I would've just run it back, but again, they know better than me.
Alex Gee
Staff
PossumJenkins said:

Would rather see Lanphere than Sosa at the moment

Ethan had Sosa at -2 weighted runs created in conference games before that at bat. D1 average is 100…
Alex Gee
Staff
Dom locked in. Had an opportunity to fall apart on that awful check swing call and didn't
SportManagementEngineer
Glad we're taking advantage of Clemson's defensive struggles. Heads up base running.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Alex Gee
Staff
SportManagementEngineer said:

Glad we're taking advantage of Clemson's defensive struggles. Heads up base running.

Great baserunning right there.

Keep hitting the ball hard and things will work out.
SportManagementEngineer
Clemson not having a warning track is absurd.
Nairo
They do, it slopes up about 20 feet before the wall. Not dirt, but that's the warning track and it's very noticeable when you play on it

Alex Gee
Staff
Nairo said:

They do, it slopes up about 20 feet before the wall. Not dirt, but that's the warning track and it's very noticeable when you play on it

Super short field too. With that wind yesterday it played like a little league field.
Alex Gee
Staff
If Dom is capable of getting through a lineup 3 times we become a top 10 ball club.

Gonna find out here soon
PossumJenkins
He was starting to get barreled up that inning.
Borowolf10
A Mak just an RBI machine.
SportManagementEngineer
Clemson's defense has been Jekyll & Hyde tonight. They've got 4 errors but have made a bunch of tough plays.
wilmwolf
A Mak has been the best thing to come to Raleigh from ECU since the slump buster I met at a party on Halloween in 1999.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Alex Gee
Staff

Clemson's defense has been Jekyll & Hyde tonight. They've got 4 errors but have made a bunch of tough plays.

The scorer has been a little unfair on their errors. Those were some tough plays. I'll take it though.
Alex Gee
Staff
This is setting up to potentially be a huge RPI day for the Pack.

GT smokes #19 VT 19-0
BC beats Wake 5-4
Louisville beats UVA 14-10

I keep saying that the pitching just has to hold teams to 7 or 8. We are so damn close, man.
Alex Gee
Staff
Darden is good.

Big inning for Dom. If he gets out of this with a 0 I feel really good.
Nairo
Usually prevailing winds are blowing in from both dykes, one is beyond center field and the other beyond right field foul pole. Thats rare that they were blowing out

Alex Gee said:

Nairo said:

Super short field too. With that wind yesterday it played like a little league field.
Alex Gee
Staff
Nairo said:

Usually prevailing winds are blowing in from both dykes, one is beyond center field and the other beyond right field foul pole. Thats rare that they were blowing out

Alex Gee said:

Nairo said:

40mph gusts only to left. It was wild
Alex Gee
Staff
Getting Cannarrella out there is huge.
PossumJenkins
Dom starting to look gassed
Alex Gee
Staff
Use the bullpen. This is where Dom typically falls off. Win this game. Who gives af about tomorrow
SportManagementEngineer
Huge moments here.
Daviewolf83
Alex Gee said:

Use the bullpen. This is where Dom typically falls off. Win this game. Who gives af about tomorrow
He is starting to have problems staying on top of the ball. Hopefully, the bullpen is up and throwing.
Wolfpack2007
I would be throwing liquor bottles and batteries at the dugout if I were a Clemson fan and saw this **** dancing down 4-0.
Alex Gee
Staff
Daviewolf83 said:

Alex Gee said:

He is starting to have problems staying on top of the ball. Hopefully, the bullpen is up and throwing.

Duran is up. Dom has been fantastic. Do him a favor here and go to the bullpen to finish this inning.

I said it earlier, I'm just some random guy.. but winning the weekend is so important
jmepack
Great call to BP there. Big time performance by Fritton but let Dudan come in and do what he does here
Daviewolf83
Good job tonight from Fritton. Needed him to put in a solid outing and he did. Now use the bullpen to get a win.
Alex Gee
Staff
Well there it is. That's the Fritton we expected to see all year. Fantastic stuff. Win today and I truly don't care if we lose by 20 tomorrow. Pour it out here.
Daviewolf83
Alex Gee said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Alex Gee said:

Duran is up. Dom has been fantastic. Do him a favor here and go to the bullpen to finish this inning.

I said it earlier, I'm just some random guy.. but winning the weekend is so important
With what State has coming up on the schedule, getting a win this weekend is huge.
PossumJenkins
This ****in song they keep playing in between every pitch is mind numbing
Alex Gee
Staff
Strike three was called ball three. Come on man
Slobbering_Wolf
Damnit ball 3 was a strike
Daviewolf83
PossumJenkins said:

This ****in song they keep playing in between every pitch is mind numbing
As irritating as the Vandy whistler.
Slobbering_Wolf
Alex Gee said:

Strike three was called ball three. Come on man

I can't stand it when umpires are controlled by the home crowd

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.