Rodon to the Yankee's

34,217 Views | 273 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Wolfer79
griff17matt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6-0 with the 4th inning still going. Carlos will take the L today with the ineptness of the Giants offense.
griff17matt
Carlos is done after 3.1. 7 runs given up. Horrible, horrible outing for him. Nothing was working.
FlockaWolf
Yikes ERA spiked up to 3.49
Wolfer79
Sunday vs Cardinals

3.2 Innings pitched
20 batters faced
10 hits, 2 doubles, 1 home run
8 runs, all earned
1 walk
3 strike outs

loss
4-2, 3.49 ERA
Wolfer79
Rodon scheduled to start Saturday in San Francisco vs Padres, 4:05pm EDT 1st pitch
Wolfer79
On Air Now -
#Padres at #Giants
FS1

@adamamin (pbp), A.J. Pierzynski (analyst) & @Ken_Rosenthal (reporter) #MLB
griff17matt
Carlos gave up a HR to Machado. He really needs to expand his pitch repertoire. I know it's tough when you have two plus pitches, but if he ever wants to take the next step he really needs to at least threaten with a 3rd and maybe 4th pitch.

Think his pitch count is around 60 after 3 innings.
griff17matt
Rodon is done for the night.

6IP
5H
2R
2ER
4W
100 pitches, 68 strikes

Giants offense is anemic.
Wolfer79
Rodon out after 6 innings
trails 2-0

6.0 innings pitched
27 batters faced
100 pitches, 68 strikes
5 hits, 1 home run, 1 double
2 runs, both earned
4 walks (season high)
6 strike outs
Wolfer79
Wolfer79 said:

Rodon out after 6 innings
trails 2-0

6.0 innings pitched
27 batters faced
100 pitches, 68 strikes
5 hits, 1 home run, 1 double
2 runs, both earned
4 walks (season high)
6 strike outs

Padres win 2-1
Rodon gets loss.4-3, 3.43 ERA
Wolfer79
Rodon scheduled to start Friday in Cincinnati vs Reds
Wolfer79
Friday vs Reds

5.1 innings
25 batters faced
99 pitches, 58 strikes
7 hits, double, home run
3 runs, all earned
3 walks
2 strike outs

Reds win 5-1

Rodon
4-4, 3.60 ERA
griff17matt
The Giants are terrible
Glasswolf
griff17matt said:

The Giants are terrible
It's a Rodon thing. That's not a slap at Carlos at all. It's the same thing as when he was here. High SO #'s but we gave him zero run support
griff17matt
Glasswolf said:

griff17matt said:

The Giants are terrible
It's a Rodon thing. That's not a slap at Carlos at all. It's the same thing as when he was here. High SO #'s but we gave him zero run support

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants give him a week or two off. His velocity seemed to dip yesterday too. Poor guy. I really wish he'd go to a legit contender next year.
PackFansXL
griff17matt said:

Glasswolf said:

griff17matt said:

The Giants are terrible
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants give him a week or two off. His velocity seemed to dip yesterday too. Poor guy. I really wish he'd go to a legit contender next year.
What else did they do in the off season? They were one of the best teams in baseball last year and they did add Los. I expected them to be very strong this season.
griff17matt
PackFansXL said:

griff17matt said:

Glasswolf said:

griff17matt said:

The Giants are terrible
What else did they do in the off season? They were one of the best teams in baseball last year and they did add Los. I expected them to be very strong this season.

Apparently they started off similar last year, so there's time. But they don't seem to be a very strong offensive team. Not many guys on that team that scare you at the plate. Peterson maybe. Flores maybe. Longoria if he can ever get healthy. Posey retired and Bart is a major downgrade, imo. Ruf, Longoria, and Crawford are all old in baseball years. Just not a lot there that would scare a #1 or #2 pitcher at the MLB level, imo. They've scored 9 total runs in Rodon's 4 losses. And that is really offset by the 6 against the Cards when Rodon got rocked in the first 3 innings.
griff17matt
Like I said...inept:

livewolf
griff17matt said:

Like I said...inept:

Wow, that is terrible.
Wolfer79
Memorial Day
Giants 25-21 .543
3rd in NL West 7.5 games behind
1/2 game out of NL Wild Card #2
Wolfer79
Rodon scheduled to start Wednesday, June 1 in Philadelphia vs Phillies
6:05pm 1st pitch
Wolfer79
Rodon out after 5 innings

5.0 innings pitched
23 batters faced
98 pitches, 84 strikes
6 hits, 1 doubles
2 runs, 2 earned
1 walk
6 strike outs

Giants score 5 in top of 6th so Rodon exits leading 5-2
Wolfer79
Giants bullpen gives up 4 runs in bottom of 6th

No decision for Rodon
Wolfer79
Rodn allowed two runs (one earned) over five innings and struck out six, including four of the final five batters he faced, but he had to grind through some strenuous innings and ultimately departed after throwing 98 pitches.

While Garca faltered in that spot, Kapler said he has no regrets about removing Rodn from the game, noting that the Giants' top priority is ensuring that the 29-year-old veteran stays healthy and avoids the arm trouble that has plagued him throughout his career.

"One of the easier decisions of the year, frankly," Kapler said. "It's not that we don't think Rodn can go out there and get more outs for us, but he wasn't efficient tonight. And then second, we have a guy who hasn't given up a run all year long."

Rodn agreed.

"The competitor in me, I'd like to have the ball, but I understand the decision there," Rodn said. "They might as well go to a lefty. They've got all those lefties coming up. It's a long season, so you've got to stay fresh throughout it."

Rodn recorded a 1.80 ERA over his first six starts of the year, but he hit a rough patch in May and entered with a 7.30 ERA over his previous three outings. Still, he felt he found something mechanically toward the end of his start against the Phillies, helping him strike out the side in the fifth and generate 14 swinging strikes overall, 10 of which came on his blazing fastball that topped out at 99 mph on Wednesday.

"It hasn't been very good the last few starts, as we know," Rodn said. "But it was nice to get those swing-and-misses and punch out some guys. It was pretty encouraging."
Sloppy defense by the Giants likely cost Rodn a chance to pitch deeper into the game, as he needed 25 pitches to get through the fourth inning after Odbel Herrera walked and advanced to third on a throwing error by Flores at first base. The next batter, Johan Camargo, hit a hard grounder to third baseman Jason Vosler, who threw too quickly to the plate instead of catching Herrera in a rundown. Herrera managed to retreat back to the bag safely and ultimately scored an unearned run on Maton's bunt to extend the Phillies' lead to 2-0.

https://www.mlb.com/giants/news/giants-drop-finale-after-bullpen-falters-in-loss-to-phillies

Wolfer79
Rodon scheduled to start Tuesday in San Francisco vs Rockies
Wolfer79
Tuesday vs Rockies
4.0 innings pitched
18 batters faced
98 pitches, 69 strikes
4 hits, home run, double
2 runs, both earned
1 walk
5 strike outs

no decision
4-4, 3.51 ERA
Wolfer79
The Rockies, by contrast, were able to exert consistent pressure on Carlos Rodn, who needed 98 pitches to get through four innings. Rodn allowed two runs on four hits, including a leadoff homer to former Giants outfielder Connor Joe, but Colorado ran up his pitch count by fouling off 33 of his offerings -- one shy of matching the Cardinals' Miles Mikolas for the most fouls off a Major League pitcher in a single start this year.

"Carlos is not consistently enough putting away hitters, but it's really nothing that Carlos is doing," Kapler said. "Oftentimes, the opposing hitters are just finding a way to get a bat on the ball and extend the at-bat, extend the at-bat. He's ultimately recording plenty of outs. That's not the issue. It's just he's not able to put guys away right now.

"He's going to put it all together, and when he does, he's going to go deep into games and help us win a lot of them. But more recently, he's having a hard time just getting that final strike."
Wolfer79
The Rockies fouled off 33 of Carlos Rodn's pitches tonight in a 4 inning start

That's the most fouls by any batting team thru 4 innings in a game since the start of 2019

Wolfer79
Sunday

Rodon out after 6 innings pitched

6.0 innings pitched
23 batters faced
98 pitches, 64 strikes
2 hits, both doubles
no runs
3 walks
8 strike outs
4 ground outs, 2 fly outs

left game leading 2-0
griff17matt
Rodon had a decent outing today against the Dodgers. 6ip, 8 so, 3 w, 0 r on 98 pitches. Seemed to have found his command.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79 said:

Sunday

Rodon out after 6 innings pitched

6.0 innings pitched
23 batters faced
98 pitches, 64 strikes
2 hits, both doubles
no runs
3 walks
8 strike outs
4 ground outs, 2 fly outs

left game leading 2-0

Giants win 2-0

Rodon 5-4, 3.18 ERA
griff17matt
Carlos pitches tonight in Pittsburgh at 7:05pm ET.
Wolfer79
griff17matt said:

Carlos pitches tonight in Pittsburgh at 7:05pm ET.

8.0 innings pitched
27 batters faced
98 pitches, 71 strikes
2 hits
no runs
2 walks
8 strike outs

Giants win 2-0

Rodon 6-4, 2.84 ERA
griff17matt
Rodon looked great tonight. Slider was really on point. I think the last time he went 8 innings or more was his no-no. Really good sign.
PackFansXL
griff17matt said:

Rodon looked great tonight. Slider was really on point. I think the last time he went 8 innings or more was his no-no. Really good sign.
His team is beginning to play better too. The Dodgers are slipping as well. Trea has the best BA (.304) on the team now after going 3 for 5 last night, but many of the bats are slumping for the Dodgers. The Padres have already caught them and the Giants might get there next.

Rodon and Turner are looking very good out there right now!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.