Rodon to the Yankee's

34,192 Views | 273 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4.2 innings pitched
21 batters faced
84 pitches, 57 strikes
4 hits, 1 home run
2 runs, both earned
2 walls
7 strikes
1 HBP
no decision
Wolfer79
Carlos Rodn recovered from a shaky first inning to provide 4 2/3 innings of two-run ball, limited to an 84-pitch effort that Boone suggested "might have been the best four-inning stretch we've seen from him."

"The bases were loaded and I gave up only two, so from there, I'm just like, 'Let's go,'" Rodn said. "'That's behind me. Let's move on and make pitches from now on, the rest of the game.'"

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/carlos-rodon-s-strong-start-wasted-as-yankees-lose-to-rays
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Rodon scheduled to start Friday in Houston vs Astros

8:10pm start
Wolfer79
Friday vs Astros

5.0 innings
20 batters faced
92 pitches, 61 strikes
2 hits, home run, double
2 runs, both earned
1 walk
1 hit batter
1 strike out

win

Carlos Rodn navigated five innings of two-run ball, earning his second win as a Yankee. Boone said that the lefty, guided by Wells' game-calling, showed the best stuff he has had through nine starts with the club, a statement that Rodn agreed with.

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/jasson-dominguez-first-mlb-homer-vs-justin-verlander
2-4, 5.70 ERA
Wolfer79
Rodon scheduled to start Thursday vs Tigers in New York

7:05pm
Wolfer79
Rodon out with 2 outs in 4th
3 2 innings pitched
19 batters faced
73 pitches, 52 strikes
8 hits, home run, 2 doubles
7 runs, all earned
no walks
4 strike outs
wild pitch

left trailing 6-1,
Wolfer79
Tuesday

Rodon scheduled to pitch game #2 of today's doubleheader in Boston
7:10 pm
Wolfer79
game on TBS
Wolfer79
Tuesday vs Red Sox

5 innings
23 batters faced
93 pitches, 58 strikes
4 hits, home run, double
1 run, earned
4 walks
9 strike outs
1 wild pitch

win
3-5, 6.14 ERA
https://www.mlb.com/gameday/yankees-vs-red-sox/2023/09/12/716612/final/box

Rodn K's nine to help Yanks to first Fenway DH sweep since '06

Carlos Rodn's debut season in a Yankees uniform has hardly gone as expected, but the lefty can take solace in this: he defeated the Red Sox in his first attempt.
Rodn recovered from a leadoff homer to strike out nine as the Yankees completed their first doubleheader sweep at Fenway Park in more than 17 years, posting a 4-1 victory over the Red Sox on Tuesday evening.
"It still hasn't been very good, but today was a step in the right direction," Rodn said. "I just want to build off that and move forward into this next start."

Rodn has had more than his share of rough outings after signing a six-year, $162 million contract this past offseason, and Boone believes that his injury-interrupted campaign has likely been a factor.
It seemed to be shaping up as more of the same early on Tuesday, when rookie Ceddanne Rafaela pounced on Rodn's first pitch for a leadoff homer, his first in the Majors.
But despite some more hard contact, Rodn found his groove, permitting just four hits and the one run in a five-inning effort. Rodn hadn't faced the Red Sox at Fenway since 2018, when he was with the White Sox. He credited his secondary pitches, mixing in his curveball and changeup more.

"My last start against Detroit, the fastball-slider combo seemed like it was getting pretty predictable," Rodn said. "We needed to show a different look and scramble to something else this week. Knowing I was going up against Boston, they do a lot of homework, and they know what I feature."
Boone said having a presence with secondary pitches will allow Rodn to expand the strike zone with his fastball and slider more, which they will focus on next year.
Said Boone: "It's been a tough year for him. He's been through a lot. Hopefully [there are] a lot of things learned, and he can finish this season with some momentum."

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/carlos-rodon-strikes-out-nine-in-win-over-red-sox
Wolfer79

Six weeks ago, Carlos Rodn covered up the Yanks' sleeve ad. Last night he wasn't wearing it at all.

Wolfer79
Sunday
Rodon schedule to start in Pittsburgh vs Pirates
1:35pm
Wolfer79
Sunday vs Pirates
6.2 innings
27 batters
6 hits, home run, 2 doubles
3 runs, all earned
no walks
10 strike outs
1 wild pitch

loss
3-6, 5.90n ERA

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/yankees-vs-pirates/2023/09/17/716551/final/box

Carlos Rodn went 6 2/3 innings in his longest start of the season, but he could not record the final out in the seventh, as Jason Delay's grounder bounced down the line and ricocheted off the third-base bag to provide the game-deciding hit in New York's 3-2 loss to the Bucs on Sunday afternoon

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/carlos-rodon-takes-tough-luck-loss-for-yankees-vs-pirates
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Rodon out with 1 out in 7th
Runner on 1st

6.1 innings
24 batters
93 pitches, 61 strikes
4 hits,
4 runs, 3 earned
1 walk
4 strikeouts

Yankees trail 4-0
Wolfer79
Rodon schedule to start Friday vs Royals in Kansas City
8:10pm
Wolfer79
Friday vs Royals

no outs recorded
8 batters faced
35 pitches, 21 strikes
6 hits, 1 home run, 1 double
8 runs, all earned
2 walks
0 strikeouts

loss
ends season 3-8

'Terrible' night ends Rodn's rocky first season in pinstripes

Carlos Rodn's shoulders slumped, his uniform top soaked with sweat, as he handed the baseball to manager Aaron Boone and began a slow and seemingly dazed trudge toward the visitors' dugout. Gazing toward the seating area, the Yankees pitcher mouthed one word: "Wow."

Wow, indeed. In an outing that he described as "terrible," Rodn faced eight batters and could not retire any in a nightmarish first inning, concluding his trying first pinstriped season with a 12-5 loss to the Royals on Friday evening at Kauffman Stadium.

"It's pretty disappointing," Rodn said. "There's not much else to say about it. Whenever your performance is bad, it's never easy to flush."

The worst inning of Rodn's career featured six hits, including a two-run Edward Olivares homer, and two walks.

The sequence also included Rodn turning his back on pitching coach Matt Blake during a mound visit, then later brushing past Boone after surrendering the ball, their shoulders making what appeared to be accidental contact. Boone said that he would have liked to see "better mound presence."

"It wasn't great; definitely not the best move," Rodn said. "It shouldn't happen. I was frustrated with myself and my performance. It's really embarrassing. Then doing that with Matt, coming out and trying to help me, I turned my back. I was not in the right mind, that's for sure. That's on me."

Boone noted that Rodn's velocity dipped (his four-seam fastball averaged 93.6 mph, down from his season average of 95.3 mph, and all his other pitches were down as well). Rodn said that he "tried to step on it a little bit," but "nothing was really working."

"He just didn't have the life on his fastball, and [his] location was in the heart of the plate a lot," Boone said. "It's a tough way for him to end."

With Rodn lifted after 35 pitches (21 strikes), three inherited runners came around to score against reliever Matt Bowman. The eight runs allowed matched Rodn's career high, done four times previously.

He's just the fifth pitcher in Major League history to allow at least eight earned runs and not record an out, most recently done by the Reds' Paul Wilson on May 6, 2005, against the Dodgers.

Signed to a six-year, $162 million contract this past offseason after starring for the Giants, Rodn's first campaign as a Yankee was derailed by injuries, seeing him finish with a 3-8 record and 6.85 ERA in 14 starts.
Sidelined this spring with back tightness, Rodn didn't make his debut until July 7, then missed time in mid-August with a left hamstring strain.

"I'm not going to make any excuses about starting off the season with an injury," Rodn said. "My job is to show up and compete when I'm available. Unfortunately, that was halfway through the season. There were some OK starts sprinkled in, but mostly, it was pretty bad."

For Rodn, next year began immediately. As the clubhouse emptied, he remained in Boone's office, the door closed to their conversation.
A few moments earlier, Boone said he has "no doubt" about Rodn's talent, noting, "Hopefully, we'll have this year be one of the things that throws a log on the fire to motivate you."
"I'm looking forward to taking a little bit of time for myself, getting away from baseball," Rodn said. "When the time is right, hopefully in a couple of weeks after that, I'll get back into training. I'm really focused on what I want to do on the mound and establish that."

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/carlos-rodon-unable-to-retire-a-batter-in-yankees-loss
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Carlos Rodn apologized to pitching coach Matt Blake for turning his back on the mound last night, Aaron Boone said.

Boone said that discipline could have been on the table for Rodn if it had transpired at an earlier point in the season.

Pilamengineer
Anyone know what's going on with the Rodon family?

wilmwolf
Looks to be her uncle based on an Instagram story
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Pilamengineer
wilmwolf said:

Looks to be her uncle based on an Instagram story

Thanks. Terrible news. Cancer sucks.
Wolfer79
March 29
4.1 innings pitch
21 batters faced
87 pitches, 54 strikes
5 hits, 1 double
1 run, earned
3 walks
4 strike outs

no decision
0-0 2.08 ERA

Aiming to rebound after an underwhelming debut season in New York, Rodn labored through 4 1/3 innings, as best exhibited by the sweat-soaked uniform jersey he stripped off after the third inning.

Though Rodn navigated heavy traffic in his 87-pitch effort (54 for strikes), he held the line, limiting the Astros to one run on five hits and three walks.

"I'm happy we came up with a win," Rodn said. "I know there's room for improvement throughout the week leading into the next start, but I'll walk away today happy that the Yankees won, for sure."

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/oswaldo-cabrera-has-4-hits-as-yankees-beat-astros
Wolfer79
Rodon vs Diamondbacks

5.1 innings pitched
24 batters
95 pitches, 60 strikes
7 hits, 2 home runs, 3 doubles
2 runs earned
2 walks
3 strike outs

no decision
0-0. 2.79 ERA
Wolfer79
vs Marlins

6.0 innings pitched
24 batters faced
89 pitches, 58 strikes
4 hits, 1 double
2 runs, unearned
2 walks
6 strike outs
1 balk
6 ground outs
2 fly outs

left in top of 7th
no outs
bases loaded
3-0 lead

win 1-0, 1.72 ERA
https://www.mlb.com/gameday/marlins-vs-yankees/2024/04/09/745762/final/box

A convincing case can be made that Carlos Rodn needed a reset more than anyone in the Yankees' clubhouse, aiming to flush the disappointments of his first season in pinstripes while reclaiming his confidence and swagger.

As Rodn carved through a punchless Marlins lineup on Tuesday night at Yankee Stadium, it was a clear reminder of the dominant performances the Yankees hoped to import. The lefty helped the Yanks become the first team this season to reach double-digit wins, as they won their fourth straight game in a 3-2 victory.
"It's always important for any of us to start out on a good note," Rodn said. "I think we're playing really good baseball right now. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and trying to take a third one from them."

Facing a Marlins squad that has now lost 11 of 12, Rodn pitched into the seventh inning, departing with the bases loaded and no outs, thanks, in part, to an Anthony Rizzo error. Though two runs later scored, both were unearned.
As he exited, Rodn received a warm ovation from the announced crowd of 37,680. Those types of receptions were elusive last year, when he battled injury and ineffectiveness after signing a six-year, $162 million contract.
"It's a step in the right direction today," Rodn said. "Just keep going. The confidence is growing, for sure."

Ian Hamilton, who tossed two scoreless innings in relief, said that Rodn seems to have "a little more drive in his eyes" this season. Verdugo noted that Rodn "is really pitching now" with his four-seamer, slider, cutter and changeup, saying that he "is able to keep lefties and righties honest."

Scattering four hits and two Walks, Rodn struck out six while lowering his ERA to 1.72 through three starts.

"He continues to stack really good days, and he's been doing that for months now," Boone said. "He's in a really good place, and he's really competitive right now. He's done a really good job of pouring into the work he needs to do to put his body in position to go out there and perform."

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/carlos-rodon-earns-first-win-of-2024-for-yankees
Wolfer79
Rodon on mound this afternoon at Yankee Stadium versus Athletics.

0-0 in middle of 7.
Wolfer79

Rodon out after 7 innings
7.0 innings pitched
25 batters faced
92 pitches, 57 strikes
1 hit, single
2 hit batters
2 walks
4 strike outs
I caught stealing
1 picked off runner

No decision
griff17matt
I swear, Carlos never gets run support. It's wild.
Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.