Rodon to the Yankee's

34,137 Views | 273 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rodon out after 1st batter in 6th
5.1 innings pitched

19 batters faced
96 pitches, 63 strikes
3 hits, 1 home run
2 runs, both earned
1 walk
11 strikeouts

leaves game with Giants losing 2-0
griff17matt
The Giants are such a pitiful team. Their best hitter in the lineup today is hitting .258 for the season. Why did they keep him at all? It's almost like they're trying to pin him with Ls so he doesn't hit free agency this offseason.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79 said:

Rodon out after 1st batter in 6th
5.1 innings pitched

19 batters faced
96 pitches, 63 strikes
3 hits, 1 home run
2 runs, both earned
1 walk
11 strikeouts

leaves game with Giants losing 2-0

Cubs win 4-2
Rodon with loss
12-8
2.93 ERA
Wolfer79
Wednesday vs Braves in San Francisco

5.0 innings
17 batters faced
71 pitches, 47 strikes
2 hits
1 run, unearned
1 walk
8 strike outs

Giants leading 2-1 when Rodon removed
now 2-1 Giants middle of 6
griff17matt
Wolfer79 said:

5.0 innings
17 batters faced
71 pitches, 47 strikes
2 hits
1 run, unearned
1 walk
8 strike outs

I was at my daughter's volleyball game and unable to watch. Do you know why he was pulled so early? 30 pitches before his count is usually up is strange.
griff17matt
griff17matt said:

Wolfer79 said:

5.0 innings
17 batters faced
71 pitches, 47 strikes
2 hits
1 run, unearned
1 walk
8 strike outs

I was at my daughter's volleyball game and unable to watch. Do you know why he was pulled so early? 30 pitches before his count is usually up is strange.

Found out it was a blister from his slider. Said he's been dealing with it on and off all year.
TheStorm
He was shown with a name mention on SportsCenter last night...
Wolfer79
Wolfer79 said:

5.0 innings
17 batters faced
71 pitches, 47 strikes
2 hits
1 run, unearned
1 walk
8 strike outs

Giants win 4-1
Rodon 13-8, 2.48 ERA
Wolfer79
Rodon scratched from Tuesday start due to cracked fingernail and blister issues.

not sure when will be next start
griff17matt
Rodon starting tonight vs Arizona. First pitch around 9:40pm ET.
Wolfer79
griff17matt said:

Rodon starting tonight vs Arizona. First pitch around 9:40pm ET.
4.1 inninga pitched
20 batters faced
93 pitches, 55 strikes
4 hits, 1 home run
4 runs, earned
3 walks
7 strike outs

left game with score tied 5-5

no decision
2.98 ERA
Wolfer79
Thursday vs Rockies in San Francisco

6.0 innings pitched
20 batters faced
95 pitches, 66 strikes
2 hits, both doubles
no runs
no walks
10 strike outs

win
14-8, 2.88 ERA
Wolfer79
The Giants were forced to shuffle their pitching plans after left-hander Carlos Rodn was ruled out for the remainder of the regular season, but they found an eager replacement in veteran Alex Cobb, who volunteered to pitch on short rest on Tuesday night.

While Cobb is currently locked into the Giants' 2023 rotation, there's more uncertainty surrounding Rodn, who is expected to opt out of the final year of his two-year, $44 million deal and re-enter free agency this winter.

Rodn, 29, emerged as San Francisco's most dominant starter this season, earning his second consecutive All-Star nod while logging a 2.88 ERA over a career-high 178 innings. He leads Major League starters with a 2.25 FIP and ranks third with 237 strikeouts, making him a strong candidate to draw National League Cy Young votes this year.
Rodn had a chance to surpass the Brewers' Corbin Burnes (238) for the NL strikeout title if he had made his scheduled start on Tuesday, but the Giants decided to nix his final outing over workload concerns, a route they also took with co-ace Logan Webb earlier this week. Kapler also said Rodn was feeling under the weather on Tuesday, prompting the club to place him on the injured list prior to the game.
"I would evaluate it as A-plus," Kapler said of Rodn's season. "This is a very healthy, durable, dependable, top-of-the-rotation ace starter for us all season long."

https://www.mlb.com/giants/news/alex-cobb-ends-season-strong-as-carlos-rodon-misses-last-start
PackFansXL
Wolfer79 said:

The Giants were forced to shuffle their pitching plans after left-hander Carlos Rodn was ruled out for the remainder of the regular season, but they found an eager replacement in veteran Alex Cobb, who volunteered to pitch on short rest on Tuesday night.

While Cobb is currently locked into the Giants' 2023 rotation, there's more uncertainty surrounding Rodn, who is expected to opt out of the final year of his two-year, $44 million deal and re-enter free agency this winter.

Rodn, 29, emerged as San Francisco's most dominant starter this season, earning his second consecutive All-Star nod while logging a 2.88 ERA over a career-high 178 innings. He leads Major League starters with a 2.25 FIP and ranks third with 237 strikeouts, making him a strong candidate to draw National League Cy Young votes this year.
Rodn had a chance to surpass the Brewers' Corbin Burnes (238) for the NL strikeout title if he had made his scheduled start on Tuesday, but the Giants decided to nix his final outing over workload concerns, a route they also took with co-ace Logan Webb earlier this week. Kapler also said Rodn was feeling under the weather on Tuesday, prompting the club to place him on the injured list prior to the game.
"I would evaluate it as A-plus," Kapler said of Rodn's season. "This is a very healthy, durable, dependable, top-of-the-rotation ace starter for us all season long."

https://www.mlb.com/giants/news/alex-cobb-ends-season-strong-as-carlos-rodon-misses-last-start

Gabe Kapler knows how to manage a dominant starter and how to talk about him as well. That is much more than can be said for the way La Russa managed Rodon last season.

I am glad Los had such a fine season and I hope he gets the big contract he deserves in free agency.
griff17matt
PackFansXL said:

Wolfer79 said:

Gabe Kapler knows how to manage a dominant starter and how to talk about him as well. That is much more than can be said for the way La Russa managed Rodon last season.

I am glad Los had such a fine season and I hope he gets the big contract he deserves in free agency.

Can't remember if I put it here or not but there is talk that he and Trea may look to join the Cubs together next year.
3rdGenPacker
That would be amazing.
griff17matt
SP market has been set with deGrom signing with Texas for 5 years at 185mm (37 AAV). I'd bet Carlos is closer to the 25-28/yr range, which would be a steal. Excited to see where both he and Trea end up.
griff17matt
Latest from mlb.com:

Dec. 5: Rodn now the top SP on free-agent market
Jacob deGrom is a Ranger. Justin Verlander is reportedly about to become a Met. And the free-agent starting pitching market has a new clear-cut No. 1 option: Rodn.

Rodn's market was already hot, with MLB Network insider Jon Heyman reporting Saturday that at least eight teams, including the Yankees, Mets, Dodgers, Giants and Rangers, were showing interest in the lefty.

While the Mets are presumably out of the race for Rodn after coming to an agreement with Verlander, we could see the other Rodn contenders step up their pursuits now that both deGrom and Verlander are off the market.

Brendan Kuty of NJ.com hears that Rodn has been seeking six years with an average annual value around $30 million per year in his talks with teams.
FlockaWolf
PackFansXL
Nice! Rodon and Turner are both getting paid.
Cthepack
FlockaWolf said:

I was in NY listening to the Fan when Judged extended. One guy said to complete the plan the Yankeess need to sign CR. I do not want to follow the Yankees and the Phillies so I ignored it.

Looks like the guy knew something.
Glasswolf
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Ellesdad
Wow. I remember thinking how lucky we were to have Carlos and Trea back in the day. Never did I imagine they'd become these wildly successful MLB players. Not a knock on them, it's just super hard to do what they've done. So happy for them both!

But Trea going to Philly is such a kick in the nuts. I hate Philly with a burning passion.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Brian Cashman says Carlos Rodon will start the season on the IL with a left forearm strain, per @BryanHoch
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Carlos Rodon said he has been told his back issue is "chronic." He is tentatively scheduled to have the cortisone injection next week. Asked if a July return is realistic, he said: "I can't put a timeline on anything. I'll get this injection and I want to throw as soon as I can."

Wolfer79
Rodon (back) will throw a bullpen session Friday, Gary Phillips of the New York Daily News reports.

It will be the first time the left-hander has thrown from the bump since he received a cortisone injection for his nagging back injury. Rodon plans to travel with the Yankees on their road trip next week as he continues his rehab. He will need a fairly lengthy rehab assignment once he's deemed game-ready, and it's uncertain when he might be cleared for that.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/yankees-carlos-rodon-slated-for-bullpen-session/
griff17matt
I bet the Yankees are kicking themselves for signing him. Sucks he has been hurt his entire career. Trea isn't having a very good year either.
M_A
They made it long enough in the league to get paid. Sad reality is most free agent contracts are busts in MLB because of aging curves
Cthepack
M_A said:

They made it long enough in the league to get paid. Sad reality is most free agent contracts are busts in MLB because of aging curves
What is your definition of most? More than 50% are busts?
calebhawley
Yes, it's sad to see him booed by Phillies fans. Especially in the interview he admitted his mistake and he is well aware of it. Hopefully this will motivate him and not kill him!
DrummerboyWolf
Carlos was able to have a 20 pitch rehab on the mound at Yankee Stadium last night. Good chance he has another on Sunday.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2023/06/how-yankees-carlos-rodon-was-feeling-after-big-step-in-rehab.html
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.