Scouting Vanderbilt -- CWS Game 2 -- 6/21, 7 p.m.

50,211 Views | 579 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wolfer79
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just incredible
vanuel
Another amazing game. So much tension. Wolfpack played a great game tonight.
PackPA2015
This team is real special boys. Let's enjoy this and we ain't done yet!
CLTWolf
SportManagementEngineer said:

gopack1979 said:

Take your F'n Whistle and shove it!!! Wooo!!!

Am I the only one who didn't hear it on the broadcast tonight?

I barely heard it at the game.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
ChemE94
Welp been saving it for a special occasion - the last two pours of this one are done. Hell yea Pack. This team is something else. Defiant has that "survive and advance" feel right now!!!!
grandpack1
We have now beaten the number 1 team in nation and now beaten defending national champions. I love this team
Bell Tower Grey
SportManagementEngineer said:

gopack1979 said:

Take your F'n Whistle and shove it!!! Wooo!!!

Am I the only one who didn't hear it on the broadcast tonight?
Nope. I didn't either. Thankfully.
waxhaw
about to hit my anitique 107. Cheers

I love this team!
Wolfpacklife
waxhaw
grandpack1 said:

We have now beaten the number 1 team in nation and now beaten defending national champions. I love this team
Kopps. Check
Beck. Check
Letter. Check

Bring it!

Sam highfill with a freaking gem.
wolfpacklean202
There's really something special about this team and I'm loving every second of it
M_A
Topwater said:

Something about these guys..... It seemed like Torres HR the other day carried 38 years of State Sheet over the fence with it.
Something has just felt different about this team going all the way back to the LaTech regional
"It's ACC Championship or bust, quite honestly"
Cornpack
I'M HAVING A REAL GOOD TIME RIGHT NOW Y'ALL
Retired internet funny guy
Bell Tower Grey
DecaturWolf
Wolfpacklife said:

Be classy.
Packchem91
My 24 yo son, who has basically been watching State games since he was old enough to watch a TV and went to State, just texted "thats the biggest win we've had in our lifetime"....and I'm hard pressed to come up a bigger, more satisfying one.
gopack1979
It really wasn't until they got men on base(that we heard it on TV). Keep them off the bases... CLT could you hear it much before the 8th?
Wlfpackamk
GuysLadies.We have a chance.to win a natty next week. Why not us??
DrummerboyWolf
Let me say this, Jack Leiter pitched a Hell of a game, but tonight he wasn't the best pitcher out there. Great job by Sam and the close by Evan!!!! This is karma coming back to us after losing to Duke 1-0. A great job by the defense and one run is not usually enough but it was tonight. Terrell with a bomb when Leiter was looking invincible.

I am so proud of the team, the staff and all the coaches. My dog went and hid when I starting whooping it up after that last pitch. I thought the ump squeezed Justice on the first batter, but we erased him with a beautiful double play.

Rest up boys and be prepared on Friday. Just got to win one more and we are in the Finals of the CWS!

GO PACK!!!
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
READ
I did the same thing. Took a sip of PVW to celebrate...I'm so freaking pumped!!!
Wolfpacklife

Becks Twitter cracks me up
FourOaksWolf
Avent is kicking ass, and taking names.
CALS Alumni
Packchem91
The ramifications of winning the first 2 in a double-elimination tournament are about as important as valuable as any advantage you can get in team sports.

Every pitcher except Highfill is now available for the championship game(s).
The other two teams will certainly have to burn thru several guys, with high stress innings (most likely)
Wolfpacklife
FourOaksWolf said:

Avent is kicking ass, and taking names.

Avent about popped a blood vessel in the last inning. Rightfully so. Ump changed the strike zone about the time we hit the Homer.
mdreid
Packchem91 said:

My 24 yo son, who has basically been watching State games since he was old enough to watch a TV and went to State, just texted "thats the biggest win we've had in our lifetime"....and I'm hard pressed to come up a bigger, more satisfying one.
30 yo Alum, same here
SniderFC
CLTwolf you can come out of the bathroom now. Thanks for your sacrifice lol
metcalfmafia
Evidently post game coverage is coming up at 10 on ACCN
Packchem91
Serious question....who else in the crowd did not move their position over the last several innings?

My daughter walked in the room in the 9th after we screamed over the DP, and we made her leave....which made my wife stroll in, right as the last hitter came up, calling us stupid for our beliefs. She was going to stand there to make us mad, but fortunately, with my son and I yelling at her, stepped out of the room just in time to return order to the scene before the K.
Ya'll are welcome.
metcalfmafia
mdreid said:

Packchem91 said:

30 yo Alum, same here

28. Same here.
Wolfpack
Double post. In my excitement I did not see it
packfan1221
Never been more stressed and nervous about an NC State game in my life. 36 years in the making and we still have to win 3 more. Both of these kids pitched their guts out. I felt before the start of the game that it was going to be a pitching duel and a heartbreaking loss for one of these teams. The umpire squeezing Justice only made it worse but I've never been happier with an NC State team ever. These kids have stones. They're facing major league pitching. Leiter is electric. But they gotta play us too Pal!! So proud of these kids. Reid and Sam just threw their guts out. Let's rest up and give it our best shot. Already been a heck of a ride fellas
SexualChocolate
Great win. Thinking about having a bourbon!
Bell Tower Grey
We've respectfully, somewhat seemingly ashamedly,gently knocked on the big doors for too long now.

Boys, the time is now to kick that sumbeech down and march on in. It is our time.
Packchem91
mdreid said:

Packchem91 said:

30 yo Alum, same here
Right....only game that comes close for me still, for the feelign thru the game of opportunity, but resulted in the most horror ever felt, State - G'town. Still think that team goes Final 4 w/o that.

Alas, no bad news tonight....
wilmwolf
Packchem91 said:

Serious question....who else in the crowd did not move their position over the last several innings?

My daughter walked in the room in the 9th after we screamed over the DP, and we made her leave....which made my wife stroll in, right as the last hitter came up, calling us stupid for our beliefs. She was going to stand there to make us mad, but fortunately, with my son and I yelling at her, stepped out of the room just in time to return order to the scene before the K.
Ya'll are welcome.

I once spent three hours in a chair facing away from the tv during the OT game at Ohio State. I ain't changing **** if it's working. I sat in the same place as drank my bourbon. I know it doesn't matter, but I'm not willing to bet on it.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.