Stadium

35,699 Views | 239 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BP Cox
Francis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gravis said:

This thread is typical NC State always advocating someone else to contribute for improvements.Well no one is going to do it for us, we have to do it ourselves.

I bet there are more than double the alums/fans paying $10/month to read and post on this and other message boards than those that give at least that $10/month to the WPC. Look in the mirror people.

Can't say we have too many engineers as grads that are stingy with their contributions . VT doesn't have issues raising money.
DecaturWolf
ecbwolf said:

Build these boys the facilities they deserve!
Yes, and build the aquatics center our best athletic program deserves.
BobbyCox95
Gravis said:

This thread is typical NC State always advocating someone else to contribute for improvements.Well no one is going to do it for us, we have to do it ourselves.

I bet there are more than double the alums/fans paying $10/month to read and post on this and other message boards than those that give at least that $10/month to the WPC. Look in the mirror people.
Maybe, but look at how much has been given in the past 20 years. A ton. My only point is have a plan in place to present to donors so that they believe the athletic department/WPC is serious about building a stadium. I believe we need a new stadium but I don't think people are gonna pony us extra G's when they don't even know where the money is going.
Wolfpokes92
Exactly. People will donate if they're donating to a specific initiative. It's hard to convince people to donate to something that, at this point, is only a "hope". Release renovation plans, start a fundraising initiative, collect the money, renovate the facilities.
metcalfmafia
Is this the right thread where I complain about the seats being uncomfortable too? I'd donate extra if I get a cushioned seat
Bell Tower Grey
metcalfmafia said:

Is this the right thread where I complain about the seats being uncomfortable too? I'd donate extra if I get a cushioned seat
Easy now....folks in an outhouse were just grateful for somewhere to sit.
Lagniappe
BTTT
ThomasEvans
We just need a better stadium not bigger, something that has unique features, creates an atmosphere and makes people come out to the park (general and students). And obviously mostly needed is the training amenities that allows you to bring in the recruits.
89_Grad
BobbyCox95 said:

Gravis said:

Maybe, but look at how much has been given in the past 20 years. A ton. My only point is have a plan in place to present to donors so that they believe the athletic department/WPC is serious about building a stadium. I believe we need a new stadium but I don't think people are gonna pony us extra G's when they don't even know where the money is going.
This is demonstrably false. Our athletics fundraising is absolutely pathetic for a major public Power 5 university. The fans absolutely haven't given "a ton" in the past 20 years. The Carter-Finley stuff was mostly financed and is still being paid off. The onetime sale of Lifetime seat rights and a leadership gift from Wendell Murphy and the Finley Foundation was the seed money for that enormous project, and the need to pay off that project is one of the main reasons nothing has happened in baseball, probably. Unfortunately, you can only sell off lifetime seating rights once. The Reynolds renovation was done in cooperation with the academic side of the university since Reynolds still houses the ROTC programs. Otherwise, the WPC wouldn't have been able to raise the money to get it done without borrowing even more money.

I know a basketball dormitory had been sited and approved by the Legislature at one point, but they plug got pulled on that project--Gravis probably knows more, but I think there were some fundraising problems along with changes in NCAA rules that led to that project failing.

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
Pack31
EvansWearsRed said:

We just need a better stadium not bigger, something that has unique features, creates an atmosphere and makes people come out to the park (general and students). And obviously mostly needed is the training amenities that allows you to bring in the recruits.

Agree with this 100%

Something that sets us apart and creates a better atmosphere. Not anything so big we will never fill on an early non conference series.
metcalfmafia
Pack31 said:

EvansWearsRed said:

Agree with this 100%

Something that sets us apart and creates a better atmosphere. Not anything so big we will never fill on an early non conference series.
I can get behind this. I just think #buildthestadium rolls off the tongue better than #improvethestadium
metcalfmafia
Also, if you don't have a "Hog Pen" or a student terrace of some kind, you're doing it wrong. Those are key to getting students to come to the games...make it a social/tailgate event and let them bring in their own coolers.

The big boys do it.
FourOaksWolf
wolfeatram said:

Avent deserves naming rights. Made regionals 19/24 seasons. 5 Supers and 2 CWS appearances. Tonight sealed his status as the all-time goat.

For as much grief as many State fans have given Avent, that is a good job. Given the shape of facilities, he's done well.
CALS Alumni
PackFansXL
FourOaksWolf said:

wolfeatram said:

Avent deserves naming rights. Made regionals 19/24 seasons. 5 Supers and 2 CWS appearances. Tonight sealed his status as the all-time goat.

For as much grief as many State fans have given Avent, that is a good job. Given the shape of facilities, he's done well.
I agree. I am almost happier for Coach than I am for the players and our fans. I think he has done a great job hiring assistants and working with limited funds. He seems to have a great attitude and represents our university very well. I can't wait to hear his post game interview as the head coach of a CWS champ.
Oldsouljer
Pack31 said:

EvansWearsRed said:

Agree with this 100%

I quit buying season tix after the WP club pulled a fast one on me some years back, but were that notwithstanding, something as simple as stress-free and guaranteed parking would attract me to C-F.
Dr Wire
Boo talked Long Range Planning during year 1 when asked about facilities. Then covid hit.

Did anyone see any comments from a LRP report? Spending $750K on CFS is only thing I've seen.
Long live half time passes back into football games at CFS
DecaturWolf
In 2017, Mississippi State pretty much leveled their stadium and rebuilt in 2018 at a cost of $68 million. It seats almost 15,000 and is considered by many to be the best on campus baseball venue in the country.

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
PackFansXL said:

FourOaksWolf said:

wolfeatram said:

I agree. I am almost happier for Coach than I am for the players and our fans. I think he has done a great job hiring assistants and working with limited funds. He seems to have a great attitude and represents our university very well. I can't wait to hear his post game interview as the head coach of a CWS champ.
he is a great dude for sure
BP Cox
Staff
Francis said:

One certain IPS member (will not mention his name) told me that money was in hand for new stadium or Doak improvements, but withheld funding because they didn't like AD Debbie Yow. Well, if that was true, what are they now waiting for? Debbie is gone!
I've heard similar, that money was raised for a new stadium but the school wanted to control who was getting it...I even hinted at this on Twitter and Debbie responded saying it was not accurate. I trust the person I spoke with as they are involved where it counts.

To back up what Gravis mentioned, we had seen the emails confirming that Boo has something in place for improvements to Doak. I'm sure some will say you can only dress a pig long enough before you start to remember it's a pig. Will be interesting to see what is in store.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
metcalfmafia
BP Cox said:

Francis said:

One certain IPS member (will not mention his name) told me that money was in hand for new stadium or Doak improvements, but withheld funding because they didn't like AD Debbie Yow. Well, if that was true, what are they now waiting for? Debbie is gone!
I've heard similar, that money was raised for a new stadium but the school wanted to control who was getting it...I even hinted at this on Twitter and Debbie responded saying it was not accurate. I trust the person I spoke with as they are involved where it counts.

To back up what Gravis mentioned, we had seen the emails confirming that Boo has something in place for improvements to Doak. I'm sure some will say you can only dress a pig long enough before you start to remember it's a pig. Will be interesting to see what is in store.
Money was raised for a new stadium or a new Doak?
Gravis

Stadium improvement plans for Doak will be released sooner rather than later. Think weeks, not months.

Get your checkbooks ready & put your $$$ where your mouth is.
metcalfmafia
Exciting to hear! Thanks Gravis
3rdGenPacker
That's smart, to strike while people are excited about the program.
Wolfpack
Gravis said:

Stadium improvement plans for Doak will be released sooner rather than later. Think weeks, not months.

If we can tailgate out there while watching the Pack game, sign me up for 5-10 season tickets.
cowboypack02
Gravis said:

If Avent wins the CWS I expect the money I donate to go to having a statue of him commissioned in front of the new stadium
Gravis

^^ Just my opionion, but IF there is to be a solution to add more parking, it will as a multi level deck. No one has told be that, but its the only thing that makes sense.

Not the best for tailgating. Available land is obviously the problem.

^ Personally I never equate winning with my giving level. Don't get me wrong, I want to win BADLY.......but our players and coaches deserve the best we can give them. I figure I'm in the minority on that.
cowboypack02
Gravis said:

^^ Just my opionion, but IF there is to be a solution to add more parking, it will as a multi level deck. No one has told be that, but its the only thing that makes sense.

Not the best for tailgating. Available land is obviously the problem.

^ Personally I never equate winning with my giving level. Don't get me wrong, I want to win BADLY.......but our players and coaches deserve the best we can give them. I figure I'm in the minority on that.

I donate regardless as well...but Avent deserves a statue if he wins a national championship. Any coach at State does
Wolfpack

metcalfmafia
Not related to the stadium, but related to the WPC. I found it cool that they are offering early access for tickets to WPC members for Genesis tickets at PNC.

These are the type of things they need to advertise more of to get people to join, even at the 10/month level. Early access to tickets, events, etc. Make it more like an exclusive club.
Colonel Armstrong
WPC membership has been clutch lately. Post season ticket access has been a very nice perk
Gravis

"Familiar with the area (lived right there actually ) so I understand the limited space, which is unfortunate."

A new deck makes sense on many levels. It could be used as a comuter lot for students during peak week day hours and for games in the late afternoon, evenings, and weekends.

Also, we could make the case to share the cost with the University as a multi use deck.
patsports7
Agree with this, but I have never felt that our administration supports the party atmosphere for students (especially on campus). It would be awesome though.
metcalfmafia said:

Also, if you don't have a "Hog Pen" or a student terrace of some kind, you're doing it wrong. Those are key to getting students to come to the games...make it a social/tailgate event and let them bring in their own coolers.

The big boys do it.
89_Grad
Gravis said:

Glad to see we are smart enough to strike (ask?) while the iron is hot.

That Notre Dame Gator Bowl Season is what got the fan base to shake loose some money for football. I hope every fan I've seen on here for the last two years *****ing about baseball facilities steps up and writes a nice check.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
metcalfmafia
patsports7 said:

Agree with this, but I have never felt that our administration supports the party atmosphere for students (especially on campus). It would be awesome though.
metcalfmafia said:

The big boys do it.

Then they don't care about getting the students to games (consistently). It's the only way.
curmudgeon.zen
I'd rather build a new stadium than a new parking deck.
Log off. Go outside.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.