Stadium

33,363 Views | 239 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BP Cox
gopack1979
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'd imagine 10-20M would be a good start.
cowboypack02
gopack1979 said:

I think I got that in the couch cushions
metcalfmafia
gopack1979 said:

Damn I guess the message board better start saving now! Look in the mirror people
Wbtaylor
pman27 said:

89_Grad said:

bsorry11 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Dave Doeren liked this tweet LOL. Whoopsie.
"Write the check, Dave."

-- Wolfer79, probably
More like, "write the check, former players". Yes, we are looking at you Carlos and Trea...
Russel too!

Former players putting up the money is not and has never been the issue.
Francis
So are all of the donations earmarked for Doak sitting on a assigned account?
Glasswolf
Oldsouljer said:

89_Grad said:

bsorry11 said:

metcalfmafia said:

"Write the check, Dave."

-- Wolfer79, probably
More like, "write the check, former players". Yes, we are looking at you Carlos and Trea...
Do baseball players get full ride schollies?
NC State doesn't. They have 11.5 schollies to divide up
gopack1979
My point is if you want something other than renovations to Doak(which will be nice) then you better speak now and carry a big check.
Wolfpack
I'm sure Russell Wilson would like something named after himself who btw hasn't said a single thing about this issue.
Oldsouljer
Glasswolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

89_Grad said:

bsorry11 said:

metcalfmafia said:

"Write the check, Dave."

-- Wolfer79, probably
I thought that might be the case. As such, one might argue that Rodon and Turner don't fall in the same category that a full ride FB or BB alum does, in terms of any imagined moral obligation they might have towards their school.
Sheriff Shively
If it's like track and wrestling some guys (like maybe 4-5) will get full or 3/4 and the rest are split up. There are variety of ways to supplement athletics scholarships like Pell grants and other need based programs

Oldsouljer said:

Glasswolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

89_Grad said:

bsorry11 said:

metcalfmafia said:

"Write the check, Dave."

-- Wolfer79, probably
I thought that might be the case. As such, one might argue that Rodon and Turner don't fall in the same category that a full ride FB or BB alum does, in terms of any imagined moral obligation they might have towards their school.
CLTWolf
Glasswolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

89_Grad said:

bsorry11 said:

metcalfmafia said:

"Write the check, Dave."

-- Wolfer79, probably

11.7 for 27 players and IIRC, the minimum is 25%
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Ellesdad
How is it determined that we can give 11.7 scholarships out? Is it the same for all schools?

That number is super low. Didn't realize a lot of these guys are paying their own way.
CLTWolf
Ellesdad said:

How is it determined that we can give 11.7 scholarships out? Is it the same for all schools?

That number is super low. Didn't realize a lot of these guys are paying their own way.

It's the same for all schools.

Rosters can have 35 players but only 27 get any money at all. There are also only 2 paid assistant coaches but 3 coaches total on the team so the 3rd coach is a volunteer. There's been a ton of movement in trying to get that 3rd role paid but fell short last year.

But yeah, a lot of these kids pay to play college baseball.
st8ofdenial
Ellesdad said:

Title IX.

That's why Women's BBall gets 15 scholly's instead of 13, and so on
cowboypack02
st8ofdenial said:

Ellesdad said:

Title IX.

With the pay to play for athletes going on now I wonder how much this will actually matter. It doesn't matter if you have 11.7 scholarships if the school can line up someone to pay the athlete to cover their tuition and a little off the top.

I'm interested to see what that is going to look like in women's sports when there isn't much if any money to be had there
SportManagementEngineer
cowboypack02 said:

st8ofdenial said:

Ellesdad said:

Title IX.

With the pay to play for athletes going on now I wonder how much this will actually matter. It doesn't matter if you have 11.7 scholarships if the school can line up someone to pay the athlete to cover their tuition and a little off the top.

I'm interested to see what that is going to look like in women's sports when there isn't much if any money to be had there
You're wrong on this. Female athletes that we've never heard of have huge followings on Instagram, etc. and will be able to use those for endorsements. NIL will obviously benefit some athletes more than others, but I think the average fan does not realize how much it will help in ways we don't even think about. Think about the place kicker/punter from FIU (I think) who was making a ton on his YouTube trick shot page and the NCAA made him shut it down.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
pkt89
Just to clear a few things up. There are 6 fully funded scholarship teams that the NCAA allow. Football, Mens and Womens basketball, gymnastics, volleyball and tennis...not sure if tennis is mens, womens or both.

Having a son go thru recruiting mainly with D2 schools and a few D1 schools, there are many ways to make the athlete either whole or at least take a bite out of the cost.

As you can imagine, many of the D2's are private and they can offer stacked scholarships, meaning both athletic and academic scholarships can be used together. This is not true for all schools, some make you pick which aid you want.

There is a reason when you start recruiting, the first question a coach ask is, How are your grades? They know not many parents can spend $50K / year for college without both academic and athletic support.

cowboypack02
SportManagementEngineer said:

cowboypack02 said:

st8ofdenial said:

Ellesdad said:

Title IX.

You're wrong on this. Female athletes that we've never heard of have huge followings on Instagram, etc. and will be able to use those for endorsements. NIL will obviously benefit some athletes more than others, but I think the average fan does not realize how much it will help in ways we don't even think about. Think about the place kicker/punter from FIU (I think) who was making a ton on his YouTube trick shot page and the NCAA made him shut it down.
There are *some* female athletes that have huge followings on Instagram and other social media sites. 95% of those with the huge followings have the Paige Spiranac look. Just to qualify that statement i'm not talking about hair coloring and the following typically isn't for their sports prowess...
CLTWolf
pkt89 said:

Just to clear a few things up. There are 6 fully funded scholarship teams that the NCAA allow. Football, Mens and Womens basketball, gymnastics, volleyball and tennis...not sure if tennis is mens, womens or both.

Having a son go thru recruiting mainly with D2 schools and a few D1 schools, there are many ways to make the athlete either whole or at least take a bite out of the cost.

As you can imagine, many of the D2's are private and they can offer stacked scholarships, meaning both athletic and academic scholarships can be used together. This is not true for all schools, some make you pick which aid you want.

There is a reason when you start recruiting, the first question a coach ask is, How are your grades? They know not many parents can spend $50K / year for college without both academic and athletic support.

Coaches also want to know how much money parents make as well and are they willing to pay tuition and how much.
Pack87
This is not a negative about Boo, Woodson or Broussard. But you should have a fund for a stadium (or improvements) within a few days. A concept within a few weeks and plans within a few months. You have to strike while there is passion and momentum. I am not sure there would be more passion had we won as there is now. But it will not last as long as a championship would so you have to move!
cowboypack02
Pack87 said:

This is not a negative about Boo, Woodson or Broussard. But you should have a fund for a stadium (or improvements) within a few days. A concept within a few weeks and plans within a few months. You have to strike while there is passion and momentum. I am not sure there would be more passion had we won as there is now. But it will not last as long as a championship would so you have to move!
I agree with this....A month from now we are all going to have moved on to something else to complain about and this will be an after thought for most of us. Gotta strike while the Iron is hot
SportManagementEngineer
cowboypack02 said:

cowboypack02 said:

st8ofdenial said:

Ellesdad said:

Title IX.

There are *some* female athletes that have huge followings on Instagram and other social media sites. 95% of those with the huge followings have the Paige Spiranac look. Just to qualify that statement i'm not talking about hair coloring and the following typically isn't for their sports prowess...
You're correct on this, but i think people will be surprised. You're going to see a lot of D1 athletes working to build their social media followings. It will probably get annoying at some point, but I hope State will work with our athletes to help them do it effectively.

Colonel Armstrong
Hot girls can make money off their likeness, breaking news!
SportManagementEngineer
King Leary said:

Hot girls can make money off their likeness, breaking news!
Well now they can strike while the iron is hot
metcalfmafia
Didn't Boo say in one of his interviews that these renovations would likely take place in November? I guess that would mean we would play the season at Holly Springs depending on the scale of the renovation?
Sheriff Shively
Kaitlyn Tuohy has 90,000 Instagram followers

cowboypack02 said:

st8ofdenial said:

Ellesdad said:

Title IX.

wolfpack1437
metcalfmafia said:

Didn't Boo say in one of his interviews that these renovations would likely take place in November? I guess that would mean we would play the season at Holly Springs depending on the scale of the renovation?
Do you remember where you heard that? I haven't heard a date from any of the interviews I listened to
metcalfmafia
wolfpack1437 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Do you remember where you heard that? I haven't heard a date from any of the interviews I listened to

7ish minute mark of the video with Woodson and Corrigan on Gopack. I assume he is talking about the stadium since he was just mentioning that but maybe he was talking about a ceremony honoring the team.
Ripper
CLTWolf said:

pkt89 said:

Coaches also want to know how much money parents make as well and are they willing to pay tuition and how much.
This is true, but comes a little later in the recruiting process.
wolfpack1437
metcalfmafia said:

wolfpack1437 said:

metcalfmafia said:

7ish minute mark of the video with Woodson and Corrigan on Gopack. I assume he is talking about the stadium since he was just mentioning that but maybe he was talking about a ceremony honoring the team.
Thanks, I'll go watch it. Would think plans and funding would need to be in place before setting a start date, right?
wolfpack1437
In follow-up to my last post, I just watched the interview mentioned. He's definitely talking about celebrating the team at a football game and not a date to begin fixing Doak.
Gravis

Do not want to over-speak as a lot is still TBD, but I believe the hope is to do the reno in stages over a couple years and continue to play during the work. I believe the hope is to start construction in a couple months.

I would think everything is dependent on the architect and what is possible. It is not exactly the best time to start a project with the supply shortages everyone is experiencing.
gopack1979
I had these plans several years ago and was asked not to share them with the masses, there's a few posters on here who I'd shown when I saw them 1:1. This was posted by a friend of mine and former player on Facebook so I assume we're good to share now. The new plans should be comparable to these but I've been told there would be more fan amenities. I posted a topic outline a few years ago details about this plan but couldn't post pics. You'd enter down the right field line and we'd have a deck. Seating would be ~3kish not a huge increase. Get your check books ready as you can see here Doak can be a pretty amazing place with the right plan. This was a 4 phased approach, focusing on practice and player upgrades first. I would think that would be where we'd start with the new plans too. These boys and our coaches deserve new facilities let's make it happen when the new plans come out soon!!

DJncsu13
gopack1979 said:

I had these plans several years ago and was asked not to share them with the masses, there's a few posters on here who I'd shown when I saw them 1:1. This was posted by a friend of mine and former player on Facebook so I assume we're good to share now. The new plans should be comparable to these but I've been told there would be more fan amenities. I posted a topic outline a few years ago details about this plan but couldn't post pics. You'd enter down the right field line and we'd have a deck. Seating would be ~3kish not a huge increase. Get your check books ready as you can see here Doak can be a pretty amazing place with the right plan. This was a 4 phased approach, focusing on practice and player upgrades first. I would think that would be where we'd start with the new plans too. These boys and our coaches deserve new facilities let's make it happen when the new plans come out soon!!

I appreciate you sharing. I really like the elevated seating. Completely changes the look of the Doak. I really hope we add some sort of student section in the outfield. I'd be 100% fine with them having their own section away from the General Seating area to allow students to really enjoy it and create a great environment like you see at so many SEC programs.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
ntcstate13
I think most agree that the students need their own space. Fighting not sliding down that hill for 3 hours is a tough ask for most. We have the room in left field to make it happen and I hope it does.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.