Carlos Rodon 2020-21 topic

35,559 Views | 326 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wilmwolf
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
grandpack1 said:

Your no fun Wolfer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

true
DrummerboyWolf
grandpack1 said:

Your no fun Wolfer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is what I was thinking too. What a spoilsport!!
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
WilmingtonPackman777
Wolfer79 said:

WilmingtonPackman777 said:

Rodin seems to have more quality starts than wins.
made me look

quality start
A starting pitcher records a quality start when he pitches at least six innings and allows three earned runs or fewer

12 starts
6 wins

5 innings
9 innings, no runs
5 innings
6 innings, 1 run
6 innings, no runs
5.2 innings
6 innings, no runs
6 innings, 1 run
6 innings, 5 runs
5 innings
6 innings, 1 run
6 innings, 1 run

7 quality starts, (edit)

Ha - thank you for looking
Wolfer79
Wolfer79 said:

Rodon scheduled to start Friday at home vs Mariners

still scheduled to start tonight
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Rodon out after 5 innings
White Sox trail 3-1

5.0 innings pitched
25 batters faced
104 pitches, 68 strikes
5 hits, home run,
3 runs, all earned
4 walks
1 hit batter
8 strike outs, 0 ground outs, 1 fly out
Wolfer79
Rodon scheduled to start Thursday at home vs Twins
Wolfer79
Wolfer79 said:

Rodon scheduled to start Thursday at home vs Twins

2:10pm start
Wolfer79
top of 1st
lots of pitches

fly out to center
walk
single, runners on 1st and 2nd
strike out swinging
error, bases loaded
strike out swinging
28 pitches, 18 strikes
Wolfer79
top of second
strike out swinging
pop up to first
ground out to 3rd

39 pitches, 27 strikes
Wolfer79
top of 3rd
ground out to pitcher
strike out foul tip
strike out swinging

54 pitches. 36 strikes

White Sox lead 1-0
Wolfer79
top of 4th

Strike out swinging
strike out swinging
fly out to right

63 pitches, 43 strikes

White Sox lead 3-0
Wolfer79
top of 5th

double to center
single to left, run scores, batter to 2b on error
double to left, run scores
bunt single, runners 1st and 3rd
sacrifice fly to left, run scores
wild pitch, runner to 2b
single, run scores
strike out swinging
walk, runners on 1b and 2b
swinging strike out

97 pitches 64 strikes
Twins lead 4-3
Wolfer79
Rodon out
5.0 innings
24 batters faced
97 pitches, 64 strikes
6 hits, 2 doubles
4 runs, all earned
1 walk
1 wild pitch
9 strike outs

game tied 4-4
no decision
6-3, 2.37 ERA
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Rodon scheduled to start Tuesday vs Twins in Minnesota
Wolfer79
Rodon
Tuesday @ Twins

6.0 Innings pitched
24 batters faced
104 pitches, 71 strikes
7 hits, 1 double
1 run, earned
0 walks
8 K

White Sox win 4-1
Rodon gets win 7-3, ERA 2.31
Wolfer79
There was Carlos Rodn at the end of the sixth inning of a 4-1 White Sox victory over the Twins on Tuesday night at Target Field, yelling and pounding his chest as he walked off the mound.

Considering the way things have gone lately for the White Sox injury-wise, it might not have been advisable for Rodn to react with such fired-up force, but the American League All-Star certainly earned the moment in helping his team snap a three-game losing streak and pick up its 50th win in 85 games.

With runners on first and third, one out and Rodn protecting a 2-1 lead, he struck out Ryan Jeffers and Max Kepler to end the threat and to end his All-Star first half of the season.

"I just wanted to keep that lead coming out of the inning. It was a big situation," Rodn said. "Big strikeout. My breaking ball wasn't great today. They did a good job laying off it. Luckily the fastball showed up a little later. Got us out of some big jams."

"There's a lot of things that are exciting about him," manager Tony La Russa said. "But one of the things that's most exciting is how he can rise to the occasion and make pitches in clutch situations. He's done it pretty much every start."

Rodn struck out at least eight for the ninth straight start, saving his best for last. In that sixth inning, Luis Arraez opened with an infield single off Rodn's glove. One out later, Arraez moved to second when Nelson Cruz's fly ball to center was lost in the twilight by Brian Goodwin and fell for a hit. Alex Kirilloff singled home Arraez, sending Cruz to third.

At that point, Rodn shifted into a second gear. He struck out Jeffers with a fastball at 100.4 mph and then fanned Kepler with consecutive fastballs of 99.6 mph, 99.1 and 100.1, per Statcast.

"We get in a situation where we need a strikeout," Rodn said. "Kind of reach in the back pocket and throw a little harder."

This amazing first half for Rodn (7-3) concluded with a 2.31 ERA and 130 strikeouts against 26 walks over 89 2/3 innings. Next step Colorado, and maybe as the AL starter in the Midsummer Classic on July 13 at Coors Field. It's something Rodn now can think about with no more individual starts on the ledger.

"He gets that little extra with his fastball, makes a nasty breaking ball and he's got a quality changeup," La Russa said. "So he has really risen to the occasion. That's a great box to check if you're a starting pitcher. It'll get you to pitch out of a lot of situations. Get you to pitch in the clutch where they can't remove you."

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/carlos-rodon-logs-8-strikeouts-against-twins
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
WolfQuacker
Wolfer79 said:

There was Carlos Rodn at the end of the sixth inning of a 4-1 White Sox victory over the Twins on Tuesday night at Target Field, yelling and pounding his chest as he walked off the mound.

Considering the way things have gone lately for the White Sox injury-wise, it might not have been advisable for Rodn to react with such fired-up force, but the American League All-Star certainly earned the moment in helping his team snap a three-game losing streak and pick up its 50th win in 85 games.

With runners on first and third, one out and Rodn protecting a 2-1 lead, he struck out Ryan Jeffers and Max Kepler to end the threat and to end his All-Star first half of the season.

"I just wanted to keep that lead coming out of the inning. It was a big situation," Rodn said. "Big strikeout. My breaking ball wasn't great today. They did a good job laying off it. Luckily the fastball showed up a little later. Got us out of some big jams."

"There's a lot of things that are exciting about him," manager Tony La Russa said. "But one of the things that's most exciting is how he can rise to the occasion and make pitches in clutch situations. He's done it pretty much every start."

Rodn struck out at least eight for the ninth straight start, saving his best for last. In that sixth inning, Luis Arraez opened with an infield single off Rodn's glove. One out later, Arraez moved to second when Nelson Cruz's fly ball to center was lost in the twilight by Brian Goodwin and fell for a hit. Alex Kirilloff singled home Arraez, sending Cruz to third.

At that point, Rodn shifted into a second gear. He struck out Jeffers with a fastball at 100.4 mph and then fanned Kepler with consecutive fastballs of 99.6 mph, 99.1 and 100.1, per Statcast.

"We get in a situation where we need a strikeout," Rodn said. "Kind of reach in the back pocket and throw a little harder."

This amazing first half for Rodn (7-3) concluded with a 2.31 ERA and 130 strikeouts against 26 walks over 89 2/3 innings. Next step Colorado, and maybe as the AL starter in the Midsummer Classic on July 13 at Coors Field. It's something Rodn now can think about with no more individual starts on the ledger.

"He gets that little extra with his fastball, makes a nasty breaking ball and he's got a quality changeup," La Russa said. "So he has really risen to the occasion. That's a great box to check if you're a starting pitcher. It'll get you to pitch out of a lot of situations. Get you to pitch in the clutch where they can't remove you."

Rodn?
Wolfer79
WolfQuacker said:

Wolfer79 said:

Rodn?

confused me too
wilmwolf
It seems to happen when you copy and paste his name from the article because of the tilde on the second o in his name.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
griff17matt
Hate Carlos isn't getting an appearance at the All-Star game, but I think he is due for a start soon after the 2nd half resumes.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Rodon scheduled to pitch Sunday in Chicago vs Astros
Wolfpack
What are the odds that he pitches at the Field of Dreams?
griff17matt
Wolfpack said:

If they go with their 5 SP plus a platoon game like they have been doing, that game would be his. I'd imagine they'll give it to whoever is pitching the best at the moment or who they think would have the best draw. Probably Giolito or Lynn if I had to guess but even Keuchal would probably be ahead of Carlos.
Wolfpack
griff17matt said:

Wolfpack said:

If they go with their 5 SP plus a platoon game like they have been doing, that game would be his. I'd imagine they'll give it to whoever is pitching the best at the moment or who they think would have the best draw. Probably Giolito or Lynn if I had to guess but even Keuchal would probably be ahead of Carlos.

I appreciate the insight! Would be so awesome to see Carlos out there
griff17matt
Wolfpack said:

griff17matt said:

Wolfpack said:

Should also note that Carlos threw that awesome game earlier in the year in a 2-1 loss to the Yankees where the bullpen blew it. Had 13 SO in 6 innings. I'd still imagine they want to get Giolito/Lynn in that game. Baseball is a strange game of habit though, so maybe they won't adjust at all and just go with whoever is next up. *shrug*

Would be AWESOME to see Carlos on that stage. Are they going to wear throw-back uni's?
Wolfpack
griff17matt said:

Wolfpack said:

griff17matt said:

Wolfpack said:

Should also note that Carlos threw that awesome game earlier in the year in a 2-1 loss to the Yankees where the bullpen blew it. Had 13 SO in 6 innings. I'd still imagine they want to get Giolito/Lynn in that game. Baseball is a strange game of habit though, so maybe they won't adjust at all and just go with whoever is next up. *shrug*

Would be AWESOME to see Carlos on that stage. Are they going to wear throw-back uni's?

They BETTER wear those throwbacks!
griff17matt
Wolfpack said:

griff17matt said:

Wolfpack said:

griff17matt said:

Wolfpack said:

They BETTER wear those throwbacks!

It would be so effing dope! Loved that movie so I'd imagine they'll do that. Could we also introduce the starting lineup and they walk out from a corn field, please? Also, Ray Liotta has to throw the first pitch, right?
Wolfer79
top of first

pop up to 1st
strike out swinging
strike out swinging

12 pitches, 9 strikes
Wolfer79
top of second

fly out to shortstop
strike out swinging
fly out to right

21 pitches, 16 strikes
Wolfer79
top of 3rd

strike out swinging
single to right
strike out swinging
strike out swinging

39 pitches, 29 strikes

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.