Carlos Rodon 2020-21 topic

34,982 Views | 326 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wilmwolf
johntom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interesting you pull your all star pitcher that early in a lose and go home game. His velocity seemed like it was back today. Might not have mattered but feel like you try to let him pitch through it. Think he probably had another 40 or so pitches left in him.
PackFansXL
La Russa had been treating Rodon like he was fragile for about a month. Los had the last batter he faced in an 0-2 count and couldn't get the just off the plate strike calls. The Houston hitters fouled off a bunch of pitches in that last inning too. La Russa did himself no favors though by replacing Los.
wilmwolf
I always thought he was a pretty good manager, and I admittedly only really follow NC State players in MLB these days, but his handling of Carlos, and the things he said about him, all year was perplexing to me. From my outsider perspective, it seamed like he handled Los like he was more worried about off season contract negotiations than winning games, and I know that Los battled soreness and issues for part of the year, and MLB treats pitchers different these days than in the days when I really watched, but it just seemed weird.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
PackFansXL
La Russa strikes me as a guy who's glory days were great but they are gone. He seems overly protective of his reputation and that is why I think he whines so much these days. I obviously don't know the guy and might be misreading it, but optimizing his negotiation position during the most critical time of the season seems like a mistake. He is dealing with a guy who is coping with his best season ever and experiencing post season play for the first time as a professional. I would try to encourage the guy instead of whining about his injury proneness.

Regardless, Los had a great season and I hope his body holds up so he can have several seasons like this with some playoff success as well.
3rdGenPacker
Rodon sure would look good in a Braves uniform! Think he's a free agent, isn't he?
Lagniappe
3rdGenPacker said:

Rodon sure would look good in a Braves uniform! Think he's a free agent, isn't he?
Same question?
Civilized
3rdGenPacker said:

Inject this straight into my veins.

Los in ATL would be incredible!!
Glasswolf
Civilized said:

3rdGenPacker said:

Yankees are rumored to be looking at him also
wolfpack1437
3rdGenPacker said:

Both he and Turner. Yes please
TheStorm
Glasswolf said:

Civilized said:

3rdGenPacker said:

Yankees are rumored to be looking at him also
I'd rather see that. A traditional lefthander's ballpark.
SportManagementEngineer
I'd love to see him in the national league and watch him hit- he could rake at State when given the chance.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Wolfer79
The Chicago White Sox did not extend a qualifying offer to free-agent pitcher Carlos Rodn, the team confirmed Sunday.

Players receiving the qualifying offer have the option of accepting the one-year deal, reportedly for $18.4 million, or declining, with draft pick compensation coming into play.

Without tipping his hand about which direction the Sox were leaning, general manager Rick Hahn praised Rodon's season during a conference call with reporters Friday, saying "it would be great to figure out a way to bring him back in some capacity."

Obviously this isn't our first foray into free agency with Carlos," Hahn said. "We had a similar situations at least in terms of his rights last offseason, when we had an interest in bringing him back and (were) able to work it out then as well. We'll see how the market unfolds. He's coming from a much better position, which we all benefited from over the course of the '21 season.

"And on a personal level, it was great to see a kid who had been through a lot and had a lot of adversity fulfill the promise our scouts and player development all saw from him back when we drafted him out of N.C. State. From that standpoint, it's a bittersweet day. He met that potential and now obviously he has the benefit of exploring his free-agent options."
wilmwolf
Sox are a weird organization man.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.