Baseball ACCT pods (Tuesday-Sunday)

65,657 Views | 511 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Struttingwolf96
Wolfpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Struttingwolf96 said:

Why in God's name don't you pinch hit Brown for McArthur there, terrible. THAT IS COACHING Avent supporters.

We're not Avent supporters. We're State supporters.
fhstatefan43
I seriously would love to hear any justification for McArthur getting the start and then getting to stay in. Anyone?
Glasswolf
Wolfpack said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Why in God's name don't you pinch hit Brown for McArthur there, terrible. THAT IS COACHING Avent supporters.

We're not Avent supporters. We're State supporters.
Thank you. EVERY.SINGLE.SPORT.
pack4life11
**Tony Haynes voice** -"And that brings regular season number 23 under Elliott Avent to a close with the Wolfpack STILL without an ACC Championship. The Wolfpack will await Selection Monday to find out who they're hosting in Raleigh next week, and which 4 seed Avent will lose to for a second year in a row."
Struttingwolf96
Once again State doesn't show up when it counts. Well another year of not winning the ACC tourney. One good thing is at least GaT beat us & this isn't against unc in the Championship game. Gonna start hearing how much better GaT is than State now.
Struttingwolf96
9-1 GaT, yeah if anyone thinks last nights game vs FlaSt didnt linger yall are wrong. Hate the way this tourney is set up. If State does host this year & are beaten by a #3 or #4 seed in Raleigh I don't see any reason to be optimistic about Avent's future at State. Could make his seat really hot next year with old Boo. Maybe that is what it will take for Avent to get over that hump, some good old job pressure.
Struttingwolf96
SS Wilson surely hasnt helped his draft stock go up this weekend. Hope he picks his play up in the NCAA tourney.
WilmingtonPackman777
Our coach has had roughly 20 chances to win a 12 team tourney and not done so.

If Boo determines that sticking with our coach is the best option for winning something, then great, I will support him. But if he thinks someone else gives State a better chance to win something, then I will support that too.
fhstatefan43
I am just disappointed with how we came out in this tournament. Outside of a short stretch in the Wake game we have just not seemed to care. I really was hoping that this was Avent's year.
Glasswolf
Struttingwolf96 said:

Once again State doesn't show up when it counts. Well another year of not winning the ACC tourney. One good thing is at least GaT beat us & this isn't against unc in the Championship game. Gonna start hearing how much better GaT is than State now.
Let's see...GaTech has been projected as a #6 National Seed for most of the year......GaTech is a very good team and has been most of the year.
LegacyPack4
No words. Just soo disappointed in this team. If you lose a close game to Ga Tech that's one thing, but this?! Now two straight clobberings for the Pack.
Glasswolf
Sad ending to the ACCT. Let's get some rest and get ready for regionals whether we host or not.
WarrenPeace
Glasswolf said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Let's see...GaTech has been projected as a #6 National Seed for most of the year......GaTech is a very good team and has been most of the year.

Georgia Tech has blown past us from 5-6 years ago. We just stay mediocre. What does it take for people to get pissed about losing?
Bell Tower Grey
Glasswolf said:

Sad ending to the ACCT. Let's get some rest and get ready for regionals whether we host or not.
Exactly. I actually allowed myself to think we may have a chance to win it all this year. Shame on me. I should have known better.
WarrenPeace
McArthur batting in the 8th is just mind blowingly stupid. Biggest at bat of the game and you leave a guy hitting .191 up there to do it. Anyone with a brain knew he'd strike out. Really really poor decision by our coach.
DecaturWolf
Really hoped for a different outcome. Last two nights have been very disappointing, but the Pack will live to play another day. We are much better than these last two games, and hopefully we will snap back in the regionals.
Posted for years as ColoradoWolf and Rick from Littleton. On Twitter as @espwapoujacmel
Glasswolf
Bell Tower Grey said:

Glasswolf said:

Exactly. I actually allowed myself to think we may have a chance to win it all this year. Shame on me. I should have known better.
I expect us to win every game we play regardless of the sport. I just don't lose any sleep or let it affect my day to day life if we don't.
wolfpack1437
DecaturWolf said:

Really hoped for a different outcome. Last two nights have been very disappointing, but the Pack will live to play another day. We are much better than these last two games, and hopefully we will snap back in the regionals.
Your postseason play is dependent on your best players performing, unfortunately ours didn't in this tournament
Pakbackr
27 years and counting!
Struttingwolf96
So was State, weren't they ranked HIGHER than Tech for a while?
Struttingwolf96
How many years have you said that?
Struttingwolf96
Can't wait to hear someone post them 4 famous words us State fans are famous for, "Wait Til Next Year." How many years have we said that now?
Wolfpack
Struttingwolf96 said:

Can't wait to hear someone post them 4 famous words us State fans are famous for, "Wait Til Next Year." How many years have we said that now?

Dude what is your deal? Why are you rubbing this into fellow Pack fans face? I have UNC friends who aren't half as bad as you.
CLTWolf
What a shtty thing to see when I check the boards. At least the dance was a success.
Couple things I learned today...
1. Arkansas baseball has never won the SEC tournament. Never.
2. That time frame?...27 years...they've been in the SEC since 1992. Crazy stat, I thought. Great program and coach in Fayetteville.

Since I didn't get to watch but only a handful of innings I won't/don't have much to say. Not like I'd have a leg to stand on tonight anyways. Lol. Rage on fellas.

On an unrelated note, I'm now driving 6 hours to the crystal coast with the daughter to Carteret General to see my father in law who's been battling lung cancer for 7 months. Some of you will remember that he's a huge Wolfpack guy and also owns and operates the Dairy Queen at Emerald Isle. I know there's a handful of folks on these boards that know Mr Glenn from the DQ from living down that way. Well, tomorrow he gets to go home from the hospital where hospice has been called in the help comfort him. I'll ask those of you who pray, to do so. Those that give their thoughts and good vibes to do that as well. He's as fine of a man as ever been born and me and my family will miss that Pack fan dearly when his time comes.

Go Pack! Let's get'em next week!
pack4life11
Topwater
Wait until next week

You'll see

Go Pack
pack4life11
CLTWolf said:

What a shtty thing to see when I check the boards. At least the dance was a success.
2. That time frame?...27 years...they've been in the SEC since 1992. Crazy stat, I thought. Great program and coach in Fayetteville.

Since I didn't get to watch but only a handful of innings I won't/don't have much to say. Not like I'd have a leg to stand on tonight anyways. Lol. Rage on fellas.

On an unrelated note, I'm now driving 6 hours to the crystal coast with the daughter to Carteret General to see my father in law who's been battling lung cancer for 7 months. Some of you will remember that he's a huge Wolfpack guy and also owns and operates the Dairy Queen at Emerald Isle. I know there's a handful of folks on these boards that know Mr Glenn from the DQ from living down that way. Well, tomorrow he gets to go home from the hospital where hospice has been called in the help comfort him. I'll ask those of you who pray, to do so. Those that give their thoughts and good vibes to do that as well. He's as fine of a man as ever been born and me and my family will miss that Pack fan dearly when his time comes.

You and I go at each other. But you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers!! Tell em Wolfpack Nation says give em hell!!
Packchem91
Glasswolf said:

Kinda like last year - scores 4 runs in 2 games, then one in the first NCAA game. Hopefully we break out if the skid sooner this time
PackFansXL
CLTWolf said:

Praying for Mr Glenn and family.
hokiewolf
Not a big baseball follower so I don't know the ins and outs of the program, but a lot of people here seem to get a lot of satisfaction in State baseball losing.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
TraCha4
Prayers sent!
EthanBarry
Staff
hokiewolf said:

Not a big baseball follower so I don't know the ins and outs of the program, but a lot of people here seem to get a lot of satisfaction in State baseball losing.
Bingo
WarrenPeace
What other option is there? We don't win anything.
fhstatefan43
hokiewolf said:

It's just the opposite for me. I am sick of losing and especially sick of just not showing up when we actually have something on the line.
CLTWolf
Dude, you're all good in my booK. You just have to remember not to take about 95% of what I say seriously. Unless we're talking about coaching searches or transfer silly season and then I'm all serious. Lol

Let's be honest, as much as I love a coaching search you know that I secretly can't wait for Elliot to either retire or get let go so I can toss out my list of names to replace him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.