Ukraine thread for normal people

5,371 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Wufskins
Buzzosborne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bockwinkle said:

Should be renamed to ukraine thread for dumb people.

I'm sorry you're so stucking fupid, you poor unfortunate bast-rd.
SmaptyWolf
Hard to believe the House speaker finally bucked the MAGA wing (a.k.a. Team Putin) and put Ukraine aid up for a vote, which of course easily passed.
Buzzosborne
SmaptyWolf said:

Hard to believe the House speaker finally bucked the MAGA wing (a.k.a. Team Putin) and put Ukraine aid up for a vote, which of course easily passed.

310 to 111 I think. Shove it, Marjy.
SmaptyWolf
Buzzosborne said:

SmaptyWolf said:

311-112, and of course all votes against were Republicans.
Buzzosborne
SmaptyWolf said:

Buzzosborne said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Surprised the squad would vote for Israel aid.
ncsupack1
Buzzosborne said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Buzzosborne said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Surprised the squad would vote for Israel aid.

The left does a better job of keeping their crazy team in check, better than the right does.
Oldsouljer
Buzzosborne said:

Bockwinkle said:

Should be renamed to ukraine thread for dumb people.

I'm sorry you're so stucking fupid, you poor unfortunate bast-rd.
Clam down, wolpfackers.
Werewolf
Gotta be a big tip jar down below ;-).

SmaptyWolf
Werewolf said:

I imagine your Russian troll farm bosses were in a bad mood today. Can't say you didn't put in the hours.
Buzzosborne
Werewolf said:

Can't say I didn't warn you. I'm now going to wreck every one of your threads.
Buzzosborne
Great day of hunting.
Only going to get better
Hillsboroughstpunk

Ukraine aid will ship even before the ink dries on the signature of approval. Word is out that a shipment is already sitting in Poland, waiting for final approval to be sent across the border.

The Biden administration is preparing a larger-than-normal package of military aid for Ukraine that will include armored vehicles, in addition to urgently needed artillery and air defenses, according to two U.S. officials.
DOD expects to move the package quickly as soon as Biden signs an expected bill providing $60B in new aid to Ukraine.

Expected in first shipment, aside from small and large caliber ammo, ATACMS(!!), will be Bradley IFVs, Humvees, air defenses, artillery shells, and M113 armored personnel carriers. The Bradley's will especially be welcomed as they have really proven themselves on the battlefield.
Bockwinkle
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/4/23/ukraine-suspends-consular-services-for-military-age-men-abroad

The "war" is going spectacularly well.
Buzzosborne
Bockwinkle said:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/4/23/ukraine-suspends-consular-services-for-military-age-men-abroad

The "war" is going spectacularly well.

See, I don't mind that. A link from an objective source. I'd reply that the Russians are doing far more to force their military aged males into service, or at least the availability for service.
Buzzosborne
Oldsouljer
I suspect lack of armor is what is slowing down the Russian advances, though it's very hard to get reliable information. Which means they're using WWI-style infantry wave attacks which the Ukes could be having issues with if they in fact have ammo shortages. Hence, the stalemate-to-slightly-moving Russian advance. As they say in NATO circles, quantity has a quality of its own.
Bockwinkle

Tuckah is a big meanie!!!
Buzzosborne
Oh look, the numbers are climbing. Early indicator of new munitions in hand, or just a result of the orc's desperate attempt to gain ground before the weapons arrive?

barelypure
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukraine-us-working-long-term-181346998.html

Zelenskyy revealed on Sunday that negotiators between the two countries are hammering out the details of a bilateral pact that would guarantee military hardware, joint arms production as well as financial assistance to Ukraine over the next decade.

I'm not too sure many Americans are approving of aid for 10 years to Ukraine. Many are already saying enough is enough. Hopefully the House will stop this madness and why November is so important
Werewolf
Oldsouljer
barelypure said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukraine-us-working-long-term-181346998.html

Zelenskyy revealed on Sunday that negotiators between the two countries are hammering out the details of a bilateral pact that would guarantee military hardware, joint arms production as well as financial assistance to Ukraine over the next decade.

I'm not too sure many Americans are approving of aid for 10 years to Ukraine. Many are already saying enough is enough. Hopefully the House will stop this madness and why November is so important

Ironically, ten years from now is precisely when they're predicting Social Security cuts to begin.
Wufskins
71 votes in the Senate in this day of partisanship politics should tell you why supporting Ukraine is important to our country.
Oldsouljer
Wufskins said:

71 votes in the Senate in this day of partisanship politics should tell you why supporting Ukraine is important to our country.
Nothing promotes bi-partisanship like widely spread and huge defense industry campaign contributions.
Wufskins
Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

Nothing promotes bi-partisanship like widely spread and huge defense industry campaign contributions.

Well the beauty of our democracy allows you and me to vote a certain way based on how our representatives represent their constituents. Everyone of those 100 members are voting based on what likely keeps them in office. 71 thought voting yes to supporting Ukraine will keep them in office. Its up to you and me to decide if they voted correctly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.