Ukraine thread for normal people

5,340 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Wufskins
Bockwinkle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.jta.org/quick-reads/hundreds-in-ukraine-attend-marches-celebrating-nazi-ss-soldiers-including-in-kyiv-for-the-1st-time
Bockwinkle
Those Nazis.
Buzzosborne
Bockwinkle said:

Those Nazis.

Hundreds, huh? You could find more than that in Court d'Alene, Idaho. You could 100,000 times as many in Russia So why do you support THOSE Nazis? The ones that actually invade other countries and try to erase whole ethnicities? You know,the way ACTUAL Nazis do?
Buzzosborne
Bockwinkle
Buzzosborne said:

Bockwinkle said:

Those Nazis.

Hundreds, huh? You could find more than that in Court d'Alene, Idaho. You could 100,000 times as many in Russia So why do you support THOSE Nazis? The ones that actually invade other countries and try to erase whole ethnicities? You know,the way ACTUAL Nazis do?

Please show your work, son. Particularly the 100s of thousands times of Russian nazis.
Buzzosborne
Bockwinkle said:

Buzzosborne said:

Bockwinkle said:

Those Nazis.

Please show your work, son. Particularly the 100s of thousands times of Russian nazis.

Immediately after you show me how a few hundred radicals spread out over a whole country, make that country into Nazis, sonnie. Ever heard of Wagner? See the massive reverence for Prighozin?
Bockwinkle
Just as stated. Nothing but propaganda from you.

No facts. No data. Just ignorance.
Buzzosborne
One has to be a real dum****ue to believe that Ukraine is run by Nazis. Only one who has guzzled Russian propaganda believes that.
Werewolf
You are right #PhizerBuzz.

By the way, Ukraine is recruiting foreign mercenaries to make the final push into Russia and assault on Moscow.
Victory is close!!!! They need you, PhizerBuzz......... and just take a look at these foxy Ukranian gals waiting for ya. Maybe you can bring one home to meet the family after you and the Azov Battalion complete your defeat of Russia.

#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Werewolf
Bockwinkle said:

Those Nazis.
They aren't Nazis, Different colors and symbol different, see! ;-)

Werewolf
Connect a few dots for ya. Real simple like, but over your head.

Buzzosborne
The fact that you believe every single fantasy fruitcake conspiracy theory regarding EVERYTHING makes it so darned easy to discount anything you post.
Buzzosborne
Bockwinkle
"Few military analysts, on the other hand, believe the Ukrainian military's optimistic daily account of Russian casualties running into the hundreds that is nonetheless reported widely in Ukrainian media."

NY Times 2023

Few military analysts beleive, but many keyboard warriors do.
Buzzosborne
Buzzosborne
Bockwinkle said:

"Few military analysts, on the other hand, believe the Ukrainian military's optimistic daily account of Russian casualties running into the hundreds that is nonetheless reported widely in Ukrainian media."

NY Times 2023

https://www.reuters.com/world/us-intelligence-assesses-ukraine-war-has-cost-russia-315000-casualties-source-2023-12-12/

Buzzosborne
Buzzosborne
Buzzosborne said:

Bockwinkle said:

NY Times 2023

https://www.reuters.com/world/us-intelligence-assesses-ukraine-war-has-cost-russia-315000-casualties-source-2023-12-12/

By the way, is the New York Times your go-to authority for all stories, including the 2020 election lie, covid vaccine, etc? Or just this bit?
Buzzosborne
Hillsboroughstpunk
This is Benny Hill-esqe...
"A Russian tank accidentally shoots his own comrade tank while under attack by the Ukrainian National Guard" lulz.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/1c0jthr/a_russian_tank_accidentally_shoots_his_own/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
Hillsboroughstpunk
"Russia seeks to recruit 400,000 contract servicemen in 2024"

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2024/04/10/7450578/
Hillsboroughstpunk
The Benny Hill show continues...

Russian soldier hits his comrade with RPG back blast

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/1c03ng5/russian_soldier_hits_his_comrade_with_rpg_back/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
Oldsouljer
Hillsboroughstpunk said:

"Russia seeks to recruit 400,000 contract servicemen in 2024"

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2024/04/10/7450578/
Ya know, supposedly the Ukrainians will receive F16 fighters this year. Since they have those for fighter cover, seems to me that they should also get some AC-130s to help equalize the numbers games for the Ukrainians. I'd love to see a Russkie assault wave get a dose of Specter.
Buzzosborne
Hillsboroughstpunk? I suppose you recognize my screen name then.
Hillsboroughstpunk
Finally got back on here after remembering PW. Cool that you recognized name in right context.
The Melvins! Sludge Power!
You must know Walsby and Ian if you pick King Buzzo for a moniker.
Hillsboroughstpunk
You and me both Oldsouljer. You and me both. Puff the Magic Dragon doing it's circle out ranks a strafe run by a Wart hog, but both are so nice to see in action.
Had to resist posting some (alive) burning Russians pinned under a tank. A little bit too much for most, and for this site, but after reading yet another Russian shelling of civilian areas (Kharkiv and Kostyantynivka) resulting in the deaths of a 12 and 14 year old, such Russian soldier suffering imagery makes me smile a little. Hate to be hard azz about it, but they deserve no mercy, no quarter. I honesty now know how my older family members felt the way they did about the Japanese and Germans when talking to them about WWII.
Oldsouljer
Hillsboroughstpunk said:

You and me both Oldsouljer. You and me both. Puff the Magic Dragon doing it's circle out ranks a strafe run by a Wart hog, but both are so nice to see in action.
Had to resist posting some (alive) burning Russians pinned under a tank. A little bit too much for most, and for this site, but after reading yet another Russian shelling of civilian areas (Kharkiv and Kostyantynivka) resulting in the deaths of a 12 and 14 year old, such Russian soldier suffering imagery makes me smile a little. Hate to be hard azz about it, but they deserve no mercy, no quarter. I honesty now know how my older family members felt the way they did about the Japanese and Germans when talking to them about WWII.
You preaching to the choir, one branch of my family is extinct because of a sole son catching it out on Saipan in that last great banzai attack of the campaign. This was long after the Sullivan brothers tragedy, and for that reason, I can't understand why the Army let him stay in the fight instead of transferring him back stateside at least. But yeah, prior to Specter, the AC47 Spooky was a nasty piece of work.
Buzzosborne
Hillsboroughstpunk said:

Finally got back on here after remembering PW. Cool that you recognized name in right context.
The Melvins! Sludge Power!
You must know Walsby and Ian if you pick King Buzzo for a moniker.

I had to Google Walsby, honestly. Growing up in eastern NC and spending a career in the Marines I didn't get too much exposure to the punk scene, though I do have a couple issues of Maximumrockandroll somewhere. I just like the music.
Hillsboroughstpunk
For all talks of deepening Chinese support for Russia, it looks like Chinese banks aren't interested in getting sanctioned.
https://kyivindependent.com/russian-media-chinese-banks-begin-blocking-payments-from-russia-for-electronic-parts/
Quote:

Chinese banks have begun blocking payments from Russian companies for electronic component purchases since late March, the Russian state-controlled media outlet Kommersant reported on April 12.
Quote:

In February, China's Chouzhou Commercial Bank ended operations in Russia and Belarus, while three other major Chinese banks stopped accepting any payments from sanctioned Russian institutions.
It's an easy thing to claim that China is deepening meaningful support for Russia, but the risks to the Chinese economy is just too large and the CCP has a much deeper vested interest in domestic affairs.
If there is anything that China could provide for Russia, it will most likely be in the forms of items that cannot be easily traced like satellite ISR data sharing which was signed before the invasion in 2022,(https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy/article/3165924/chinas-beidou-and-russian-glonass-sign-new-deal-rival-americas) or in dual-use goods like civilian assets that could be used for war but aren't specifically made for war (e.g. a construction digger can dig trenches as well as foundations for a new building, a golf cart can transport troops--albeit not well). This would also include CNC machinery that is presumably for industrial goods, but Europe and Turkey are equally guilty of that.(https://trap.org.ua/en/publications/russia-gets-cnc-machine-tools-shipped-through-turkey-a-new-research-by-c4ads)
Buzzosborne
Oldsouljer
It's hard to get the straight view of what is really happening in China but I keep hearing that scads of people who'd escaped poverty a few decades ago, are plunging right back to being destitute as their real estate values plunge deep under the original buy price, and foreclosures are soaring…one reason why Chinese banks don't need another piece of bad news like the sanctions you mentioned.
Buzzosborne
Oldsouljer
What I worry about is the combat readiness of the Ukraine ground forces. I know they get rotated in and out of the line to some extent but the ability to do that depends on their unit strengths, and after casualties, we don't know how much bleeding they've done.
Buzzosborne
Big news if the Ukrainians can shoot down bombers 200 miles inside Russia now:

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-shoots-down-russian-tu-22m3-supersonic-bomber-first-time-2024-4
Bockwinkle
Should be renamed to ukraine thread for dumb people.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.