2024 Elections

84,904 Views | 1531 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ncsupack1
packofwolves
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

You gotta admit it's kinda funny how the Constitution crowd is so eager to require an ID to exercise a Constitutional right. Maybe we should keep that in mind next time we're regulating guns.
ID is needed to combat voter fraud -- eg, people voting using another person's name, etc.

To ensure this constitutional right is exercised by US citizens only. Libby's must get pissed off every time they show an ID to buy alcohol, board a plane, go to the doctors, apply for government programs, get insurance, apply for utilities, get a cell phone and so on. The additional burden of having to show ID to vote just pushes them off the cliff.

I'm actually fine with voter ID to shut you guys up (I'm also fine with more extensive requirements to get a gun), but despite the MAGA fan fiction voter fraud is extremely hard to pull off in our system... plenty of checks and balances and the risk/reward just isn't worth it.

Somehow our democracy managed just fine without anyone even having a birth certificate for hundreds of years. But sure, let's all play along with this not being 100% about you guys just wanting to reduce the minority vote (and now assuaging Trump's ego, too).

That is such a bad excuse used by the Libby's for far too long. But it's the only excuse they can come up with. You are stating minorities are incapable of getting an ID. Living in this country requires an ID for basic services and government programs. It's ridiculous.
Werewolf
GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

You gotta admit it's kinda funny how the Constitution crowd is so eager to require an ID to exercise a Constitutional right. Maybe we should keep that in mind next time we're regulating guns.
ID is needed to combat voter fraud -- eg, people voting using another person's name, etc.
Nappy is all for voter fraud.......and he's got plenty of illegals ready to vote for their weekly govt rations/provisions.
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
ncsupack1
packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

To ensure this constitutional right is exercised by US citizens only. Libby's must get pissed off every time they show an ID to buy alcohol, board a plane, go to the doctors, apply for government programs, get insurance, apply for utilities, get a cell phone and so on. The additional burden of having to show ID to vote just pushes them off the cliff.

I'm actually fine with voter ID to shut you guys up (I'm also fine with more extensive requirements to get a gun), but despite the MAGA fan fiction voter fraud is extremely hard to pull off in our system... plenty of checks and balances and the risk/reward just isn't worth it.

Somehow our democracy managed just fine without anyone even having a birth certificate for hundreds of years. But sure, let's all play along with this not being 100% about you guys just wanting to reduce the minority vote (and now assuaging Trump's ego, too).

That is such a bad excuse used by the Libby's for far too long. But it's the only excuse they can come up with. You are stating minorities are incapable of getting an ID. Living in this country requires an ID for basic services and government programs. It's ridiculous.

I don't get the whole ID thing either, it's needed for most things here.
BBW12OG
SmaptyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

So Sleepy Joe "accepted" the debate challenge under his terms.....

"Must be moderated by the choice of his campaign. List from CBS, CNN, CBSNews, PBS or BBC (I think?)."

No audience. In a "studio setting."

Has to have his home field advantage..... so damn pathetic.

He's the President, he should get home field advantage.
BS and I'd gladly say the same if my guy was president. It should be 100% fair for both sides and if he can't perform in front of an audience then he needs to step down. The moderator(s) should be fair as well and able to ask BOTH candidates tough questions.

They'll be debating in front of an audience of millions. W T F does a studio audience have to do with anything? They're instructed to keep quiet during the debate anyway. You're hoping for groans or wild applause from definitely not planted audience members who just can't contain themselves?
Like a Sleepy Joe rally?

You just can't help it can you?
packgrad
packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

It emphasizes how ignorant, and subject to group think, someone is to say that minorities can't get an ID. It also says they're a racist moron.

Luke usual, the dims doing what they accuse others of.

Edit to add... one literally has to effort to function in today's society without an id. They literally choose to or are incapacitated.
Civilized
packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

"Must be moderated by the choice of his campaign. List from CBS, CNN, CBSNews, PBS or BBC (I think?)."

That's bs. If he can't handle a real debate with an audience he shouldn't be running. And by real debate, he doesn't get the questions ahead of time and he is treated the exact same as Trump.

I'm sure CNN won't give out the questions to Biden, it's not like they have ever done that before? Yes, there should be an audience, weak.

Yup, and CNN should be an absolute no. But all of those networks are biased. Trump should decline if not a debate with an audience. Are they trying to hide teleprompters.

What network would you propose the debate be on?
SmaptyWolf
packgrad said:

packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

It emphasizes how ignorant, and subject to group think, someone is to say that minorities can't get an ID. It also says they're a racist moron.

Edit to add... one literally has to effort to function in today's society without an id. They literally choose to or are incapacitated.

I won't bother trying to explain to you why fewer minority voters might not have an ID, it's just a fact that that is the case.

Speaking of ignorant group think, though... do you guys seriously think that if Dems wanted to hack an election that their BIG STRATEGY would be to employ a million illegals into a grand conspiracy and hope no one gets caught? Especially when they could just, you know, hack some antiquated voting systems and be done with it... maybe even hire a hostile foreign power to do it for them?

You guys really struggle with the whole "thinking about the crap you're being fed for 30 seconds" thing.
BBW12OG
Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

That's bs. If he can't handle a real debate with an audience he shouldn't be running. And by real debate, he doesn't get the questions ahead of time and he is treated the exact same as Trump.

I'm sure CNN won't give out the questions to Biden, it's not like they have ever done that before? Yes, there should be an audience, weak.

Yup, and CNN should be an absolute no. But all of those networks are biased. Trump should decline if not a debate with an audience. Are they trying to hide teleprompters.

Which one do you not want to see Sleepy Joe on?

Legit question.

Would Sleepy Joe go on Hannity? Fox and Friends?

President Trump was on Morning Joe for weeks in 2016. Now they hate him.

Sleepy Joe won't do an unscripted interview. You think he won't have the questions for the debate weeks before hand?

LOL.... so naive.
Civilized
SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

I won't bother trying to explain to you why fewer minority voters might not have an ID, it's just a fact that that is the case.

Speaking of ignorant group think, though... do you guys seriously think that if Dems wanted to hack an election that their BIG STRATEGY would be to employ a million illegals into a grand conspiracy and hope no one gets caught? Especially when they could just, you know, hack some antiquated voting systems and be done with it... maybe even hire a hostile foreign power to do it for them?

You guys really struggle with the whole "thinking about the crap you're being fed for 30 seconds" thing.

Right.

It's not debatable that voter ID laws disproportionately impact minorities, the elderly, and student voters.

Now look at what party those demographics typically vote for and tell me it's a coincidence that Republicans push voter ID laws so hard.

I'd have zero issue with voter ID laws being pushed hard by whomever if they were actually shown to meaningfully reduce voter fraud. But they don't, mostly because there's no meaningful voter fraud to reduce. Voter fraud is already infinitesimally low relative to turnout. It's always been infinitesimally low and there have never been indications it's increasing over time.

As it stands, I'm for voter ID requirements because it's one less excuse the fake voter fraud loons can roll out when they take the L.
packofwolves
BBW12OG said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

Legit question.

Sleepy Joe won't do an unscripted interview. You think he won't have the questions for the debate weeks before hand?

LOL.... so naive.

Unfortunately there are no good options. George Stephanopoulos trashes Trump every chance he gets on ABC. I suppose CBS wouldn't trot out Lesley Stahl, but you never know.
packgrad
SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Explain it, racist. You're an ignorant sheep. Baaaaa.

ncsupack1
packgrad said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Explain it, racist. You're an ignorant sheep. Baaaaa.

That and maybe the democrats have failed the poor people and minorities that they seem to care about.
packofwolves
Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Right.

It's not debatable that voter ID laws disproportionately impact minorities, the elderly, and student voters.

Now look at what party those demographics typically vote for and tell me it's a coincidence that Republicans push voter ID laws so hard.

I'd have zero issue with voter ID laws being pushed hard by whomever if they were actually shown to meaningfully reduce voter fraud. But they don't, mostly because there's no meaningful voter fraud to reduce. Voter fraud is already infinitesimally low relative to turnout. It's always been infinitesimally low and there have never been indications it's increasing over time.

As it stands, I'm for voter ID requirements because it's one less excuse the fake voter fraud loons can roll out when they take the L.

Students, seriously? Come on. I guess students don't buy alcohol, don't go to bars nor enroll in college.
ncsupack1
packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Right.

Students, seriously? Come on. I guess students don't buy alcohol, don't go to bars nor enroll in college.

The student part was weak and reaching. The only students who don't have IDs on them are the ones protesting and throwing paint on buildings.
packgrad
Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Right.

You literally only speak far leftist talking points, pretindependent. Voter id laws do not disproportionately affect minorities, students, and the elderly. Thats just stupid and it is 100% debatable. Saying it is not debatable explains what a cultist you are. But that's not surprising from someone that believes a man can be a woman because a clownfish can change genders.

You're for voter id now because your leftist networks find it palatable now. You don't voice anything other than party rhetoric. Let's not pretend you've evaluated it on your own.

Minorities, the elderly, and student voters are disproportionately affected by needing an id only if some woke cuck is trying to frame a "study" for more woke bull***** Literally every group HAS to have an ID to function in society, unless they simply choose not to or are incapacitated. IDs are free. I also love how now you say the elderly and students are affected too. I guess you realize what a racist you sound like saying only minorities are disproportionately affected. Remarkable how incompetent you and your fellow democrats find them to be.

Let's also evaluate your position on these issues with voter id, illegals voting, or mail in ballots. You would 100% be crying if the votes weren't on your side. Look at how you cheerlead rape accusations.

I look forward to hearing you pretend to care about truth, integrity, and leadership when the geriatric incompetent you're voting for loses. It's almost hypocrite season.
Civilized
packofwolves said:

BBW12OG said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

Legit question.

LOL.... so naive.

Unfortunately there are no good options. George Stephanopoulos trashes Trump every chance he gets on ABC. I suppose CBS wouldn't trot out Lesley Stahl, but you never know.

Right. It's not happening on Fox. If Trump were the incumbent I wouldn't be whining that it was on Fox; it would be expected.
packofwolves
ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Right.

The student part was weak and reaching. The only students who don't have IDs on them are the ones protesting and throwing paint on buildings.

Their argument is as bad as Hochul saying black children in the Bronx don't know what a computer is.
packgrad
packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Right.

Democrats realize how racist it sounds so they are trying to cover it up. Its truly a stupid talking point not even remotely based in fact.
ncsupack1
packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Right.

Their argument is as bad as Hochul saying black children in the Bronx don't know what a computer is.
Yeah, tells one how they really think of people.
packgrad
packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Right.

That was bad. NY mayor, I think it was him, was talking about using illegal immigrants to help fill the lifeguard shortage because they are such good swimmers.
ncsupack1
packgrad said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Right.

That was bad. NY mayor, I think it was him, was talking about using illegal immigrants to help fill the lifeguard shortage because they are such good swimmers.
It was bad. At times they show their true colors. It tells you how they really think of everyday people.
packofwolves
Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

BBW12OG said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

Legit question.

LOL.... so naive.

Right. It's not happening on Fox. If Trump were the incumbent I wouldn't be whining that it was on Fox; it would be expected.

I would never have expected it would be on Fox. Biden wouldn't be capable of doing a debate on Fox. Have to hope the networks run a fair debate and make it about the top voter issues. But I expect they will take their digs. I also don't trust them to not provide the questions ahead of time. It's the only way Biden can debate.
Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Right.

BS.

Go read studies about voter ID laws and tell me they don't negatively impact students.

This isn't about having ANY ID. It's about having an ID on the ever-shortening list of appropriate ID's to vote, as determined by Republican legislatures that are hellbent on keeping demographics that historically vote Democrat away from the polls.

Here's the latest example. Ohio just passed stricter voter ID laws. Now students need either an Ohio driver's license or passport to vote. They can't use utility bills or any other "proof of residence" forms they've historically been able to use to validate a student's identity at the polls. Out of state students in Ohio and across the country have historically utilized these methods frequently, and now are unable to in many states.

Why do this? Why take a system that has worked for years and shown no capacity to be abused and change it to make it harder for people to vote?

Again - in the absence of voter fraud that is and always has been vanishingly rare - why make it harder for Americans to access the polls?

Republicans do this in the name of "election security" of course but there is zero evidence elections are insecure by any statistically meaningful metric. This is 100% an example of a solution (with clear and demonstrable negative effects) in search of a problem.

More importantly, it's clear voter suppression.
packgrad
Not true. As per usual. The below link shows what Ohio requires to vote. Hilarious that civ thinks a utility bill is an ID.

https://www.ohiosos.gov/elections/voters/id-requirements/

Voter suppression lol. The party that cries wolf.
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Right.

BS.

Go read studies about voter ID laws and tell me they don't negatively impact students.

This isn't about having ANY ID. It's about having an ID on the ever-shortening list of appropriate ID's to vote, as determined by Republican legislatures that are hellbent on keeping demographics that historically vote Democrat away from the polls.

Here's the latest example. Ohio just passed stricter voter ID laws. Now students need either an Ohio driver's license or passport to vote. They can't use utility bills or any other "proof of residence" forms they've historically been able to use to validate a student's identity at the polls. Out of state students in Ohio and across the country have historically utilized these methods frequently, and now are unable to in many states.

Why do this? Why take a system that has worked for years and shown no capacity to be abused and change it to make it harder for people to vote?

Again - in the absence of voter fraud that is and always has been vanishingly rare - why make it harder for Americans to access the polls?

Republicans do this in the name of "election security" of course but there is zero evidence elections are insecure by any statistically meaningful metric. This is 100% an example of a solution (with clear and demonstrable negative effects) in search of a problem.

ncsupack1
packgrad said:

Not true. As per usual. The below link shows what Ohio requires to vote. Hilarious that civ thinks a utility bill is an ID.

Interesting.
packofwolves
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Right.

BS.

Students can vote in their home state (absentee ballot) OR the state they attend college. Hopefully they don't vote in both. If they want to vote in the state they attend college, it is absolutely reasonable that they get a voter ID for that state. Taking your Ohio example, these are the valid voter IDs:

Ohio driver's license;
State of Ohio ID card;
Interim ID form issued by the Ohio BMV;
A US passport;
A US passport card;
US military ID card;
Ohio National Guard ID card; or
US Department of Veterans Affairs ID card

You think college kids are so inept they can't get an ID for the state they attend school? Good grief that's a bad argument.
Civilized
packgrad said:

What was wrong with the old system? The one that worked fine for decades?
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

What was wrong with telling the truth about their requirements? Why lie?
Civilized
packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Right.

BS.

Students can vote in their home state (absentee ballot) OR the state they attend college. Hopefully they don't vote in both. If they want to vote in the state they attend college, it is absolutely reasonable that they get a voter ID for that state. Taking your Ohio example, these are the valid voter IDs:

Ohio driver's license;
State of Ohio ID card;
A US passport;
A US passport card;
US military ID card;

You think college kids are so inept they can't get an ID for the state they attend school? Good grief that's a bad argument.

You seem to be stuck on "can't." People can do anything with enough money and time. The issue is all these suppression tactics are barriers to people that don't have as much money, time, transportation, connectedness, etc. So who does that impact? The poorer; the less able-bodied, the overworked, etc.

These barriers aren't insurmountable. But they make it harder to vote, and when stuff requires more time, money, or trouble, it discourages people from voting. There shouldn't be barriers to voting above and beyond those needed to avoid voter fraud on scale.

We didn't have voter fraud on any sort of scale before because there were already multiple safeguards and disincentives.

In Texas, some residents live more than 150 miles from an issuing ID agency. But, who cares? People CAN do it, so they should be legally required to!

Again - why make it harder than it was, when how it was had vanishingly small occurrences of fraud?
caryking
Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

Imagine me saying this in 2016…
packofwolves
Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packgrad said:

packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf said:

packofwolves said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Right.

BS.

Ohio driver's license;
State of Ohio ID card;
A US passport;
A US passport card;
US military ID card;

You seem to be stuck on "can't." People can do anything with enough money and time. The issue is all these suppression tactics are barriers to people that don't have as much money, time, transportation, connectedness, etc. So who does that impact? The poorer; the less able-bodied, the overworked, etc.

These barriers aren't insurmountable. But they make it harder to vote, and when stuff requires more time, money, or trouble, it discourages people from voting. There shouldn't be barriers to voting above and beyond those needed to avoid voter fraud on scale.

We didn't have voter fraud on any sort of scale before because there were already multiple safeguards and disincentives.

In Texas, some residents live more than 150 miles from an issuing ID agency. But, who cares? People CAN do it, so they should be legally required to!

Again - why make it harder than it was, when how it was had vanishingly small occurrences of fraud?

They are not suppression tactics, but it makes for a good Libby talking point.
packgrad
It doesn't make it harder to vote. There's plenty of time to get this done, if they don't already have what is necessary.... which is remarkably unlikely. Why do you find minorities so incompetent?
ncsupack1
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

This
Civilized
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

LOL @ "lie."

What percentage of out of state college students in Ohio are going to have veterans affairs cards, military ID's, national guard ID's, non-driver's State of Ohio ID's, etc.? 1%? Less? It's a dumb distinction. Virtually no students are going to have these. That's the point, you're making them jump through unnecessary hoops.

None of you guys can or will answer the simple question.

Why make it harder for people to vote, when there wasn't fraud before?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.