Duke/BYU volleyball alleged "racial slur incident" is a LIE

11,362 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BBW12OG
LetEmKnowPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe she had her airpods still in and she was listening to any rap song on earth....hearing that word all game long...
GuerrillaPack
High Travoltage said:

Maybe she had her airpods still in and she was listening to any rap song on earth....hearing that word all game long...
The hypocrisy and double standard is unbelievable. Black Americans can use the N-word 4 times in every sentence in their everyday conversation, and it can be in their favorite songs 20 times. But if a white person says it, then the world has to stop, that person's life and career destroyed, and the police called out as if a crime has been committed.

That kind of outrageous hypocrisy and double standard is evident in many other areas, now including the act of protesting or questioning an election. If the communist Left alleges that Trump's election was "illegitimate" and "Putin got him elected" because of the muh Russia hoax, then that's fine an dandy. Meanwhile, if right-wing conservatives protest and question whether Biden was legitimately elected (ie, January 6th), then they are called "domestic terrorists" and questioning an election is deemed "extremism" and "a threat to muh democracy".

If the communist Left protest with burning down cities and looting stores and killing people, then it's called "mostly peaceful". If right-wing conservatives engage in peaceful protest and don't harm or kill anyone (January 6th), then it's called "the most heinous terrorist attack in history, worse than 9/11".
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
caryking
What if a black person calls a white person the "N" word? Is that acceptable?

To me, the "N" word doesn't describe the color of a person; rather, a way of life. The use of it in so many rap songs makes me think I'm more correct than not…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
GuerrillaPack
caryking said:

To me, the "N" word doesn't describe the color of a person; rather, a way of life. The use of it in so many rap songs makes me think I'm more correct than not…
As you might know, the origin of the "N-word" is from the spanish word "negro", which only means the color black.

I guess it evolved to the pronunciation of the "N-word" with Anglos mispronouncing the spanish word "negro".

So there's nothing nefarious about the "N-word" at all.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
caryking
GuerrillaPack said:

caryking said:

As you might know, the origin of the "N-word" is from the spanish word "negro", which only means the color black.

I guess it evolved to the pronunciation of the "N-word" with Anglos mispronouncing the spanish word "negro".

GP, from a historical perspective, I understand. Words have their meanings changed all the time. Unfortunately, I guess, the word has transferred itself into world rallying cry for what we view as wokeism...

That said, being as to the meaning of the word, which I'm not sure I truly know, my question still stands...

Joe Biden
GuerrillaPack
caryking said:

GuerrillaPack said:

caryking said:

GP, from a historical perspective, I understand. Words have their meanings changed all the time. Unfortunately, I guess, the word has transferred itself into world rallying cry for what we view as wokeism...

That said, being as to the meaning of the word, which I'm not sure I truly know, my question still stands...

White people are regularly called all sorts of pejorative names ("cracker", etc), with much less outrage.

I don't care if someone calls me a name. What I'm much more concerned about is this Marxist agenda to "abolish whiteness" and demonizing the entire white race as "a bunch of racist oppressors".

What offends me greatly is white people being openly discriminated against (in hiring and admission to universities) by the force of law and official company/university policy with racist "affirmative action" policies.

Imagine the outcry if the right-wing/conservative movement was saying that we needed to "abolish blackness" or "abolish jewishness" (ie, those behind the Marxist movement).

PackFansXL
These issues will be focused topics for discussion right before the midterms because the SC is going to hear the UNC affirmative action case and perhaps the Harvard case as well. Expect the media to whip up race relations to assist the Democratic Party's efforts to distract voters from their horrendous record and focus on perceived slights. Expect some more Jim Crow comments from the Magoo administration as well.
BBW12OG
dogplasma said:

I don't really disagree with any of that. It's hardly a hot and controversial take to say she probably misheard something. I don't know the details of everything that happened so I can't really say if or when someone should have challenged her. She probably won't issue any follow up because she still thinks she heard what she heard.
So you are still saying to believe her because that is what she thinks happened??? Wow... talk about doubling down.....

How about you own up to the fact that she is the most protected demographic in America today. The only thing she's missing is being gay, which she may or may not be, transgender or an open practicing atheist.

Black women have all of a sudden become untouchable regardless of their transgressions, lies, criminal activity because everyone that questions anything they do will be labeled a racist.

If you need proof look at the joke of the individual that conducts the daily press briefing.... how the hell is that person employed at the highest level of government tells you all you need to know about your party and their push for equity over quality.

She lied. She doubled down on the lie. People like you that are trying to justify it somehow or someway are only making the situation worse. Good job. Wouldn't expect anything less.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
Of all the universities, in this country, Duke surely should know what its like to be drug through the mud... It hasn't been too many years ago that Duke student athletes were accused of an awful crime. The mob put that university thru hell, only to find out that it was a hoax!

Duke "Should" be more careful with their responses, all things considering. Unfortunately, they will not!

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
caryking said:

Of all the universities, in this country, Duke surely should know what its like to be drug through the mud... It hasn't been too many years ago that Duke student athletes were accused of an awful crime. The mob put that university thru hell, only to find out that it was a hoax!

Duke "Should" be more careful with their responses, all things considering. Unfortunately, they will not!
The problem with that is that the University , it's former President and many of the faculty at the time of the Duke Lacrosse case were the ones leading the charge with pitch forks and torches in hand.

The fact that nothing has been done by Duke is the least surprising aspect of this issue
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

The problem with that is that the University , it's former President and many of the faculty at the time of the Duke Lacrosse case were the ones leading the charge with pitch forks and torches in hand.

The fact that nothing has been done by Duke is the least surprising aspect of this issue
All the more reason, sane people, would look at this situation as a need to protect the image of the University. Don't be like the past!

Joe Biden
Bell Tower Grey
You'll never hear it from her. Tanner, maybe. But definitely not from staley.
Steve Videtich
Bell Tower Grey said:

Other universities could stand up for BYU, and pull out of future series with South Carolina. But it won't happen.
dogplasma
I honestly can't tell if you're just putting me on, or if you really don't understand my posts.
hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

All the more reason, sane people, would look at this situation as a need to protect the image of the University. Don't be like the past!
I don't think you understand the culture at Duke, Vincent Price is not someone I would consider less spineless than Richard Brodhead
Packchem91
caryking said:

GuerrillaPack said:

caryking said:

LOL, what are you two trying to justify here. Look, if you want to use the word because you don't think it should be offensive, just use the word.

Packchem91
Steve Videtich said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Other universities could stand up for BYU, and pull out of future series with South Carolina. But it won't happen.
I don't think universities want to touch this topic. Its kinda like coaches almost never uttering a word when questions about another coach cheating coming up -- best just to stay out of the fray.
Steve Videtich
Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

I don't think universities want to touch this topic. Its kinda like coaches almost never uttering a word when questions about another coach cheating coming up -- best just to stay out of the fray.

No I get it. Just a classless move by little usc.
Packchem91
Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

I agree. And one that a coach/school can get by with more than the other way, no doubt about it. Whatever my beliefs about elements of systemic racism remaining, i also fully acknowledge there is a double standard in way things are reported/maligned in situations like this
Bell Tower Grey
Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Yes, it is, Steve. Tanner and the school president need to issue an apology even if staley doesn't. It's the least they could do. Maybe some folks are going to see her in a different light now....I've seen it for years.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

GuerrillaPack said:

caryking said:

LOL, what are you two trying to justify here. Look, if you want to use the word because you don't think it should be offensive, just use the word.
Chem, answer the question…

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

GuerrillaPack said:

caryking said:

Not to mention the use of the word in music. Add that to the privilege that black people claim that only white people have.

And I'm pretty sure that an overwhelming majority of white women prefer not to be referred to as "*****es," "hoes," "strawberry," "chicken heads" and "skanks..."

Which culture doesn't seem to mind these terms when it is used in music? Which culture do we see the below events happen on a weekly if not daily basis? What is the common denominator in these events? Why is it overlooked and ignored by the MSM and lefties?

Gotta keep that voting block under your thumb don't you comrades? As long as they are victims and beholden to you lefties they'll never leave you will they? They also will never advance either but that has been your plan all along.... Lyndon Johnson even said as much!

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
Wow the last page or so of this thread is something else.
dogplasma
It's right up there on the cringe meter.
PackFansXL
Virtue signaling must be contagious.

I think the entire story is cringe worthy. The ludicrous assertion by the player is cringe worthy. The overreaction by mainstream "news" sources is cringe worthy. The reaction to these overreactions is cringe worthy. The political manipulation of our nation by the most racist administration in this century is cringe worthy.
caryking
For those of you that find the last couple of pages, interesting at best, please enlighten me on why you feel that way...

Thanks

Hokie and Dog, I'm speaking to you two...

Joe Biden
Civilized
caryking said:

Acceptable? The word is obviously used as a barb so not really acceptable but mainly it's just weird straw man that happens so infrequently as to be irrelevant to the conversation. Why would a black person call a white person that as a slight to begin with?

Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

GuerrillaPack said:

caryking said:

Why do you care? I don't. If I got called one, I'd probably laugh, but then I'm not easily offended and the word has not context to me that is applicable.

I'm not sure what you and GP are trying to argue...it seems like you are upset you can't still use the word?
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

GuerrillaPack said:

caryking said:

Why do you care? I don't. If I got called one, I'd probably laugh.

I'm not sure what you and GP are trying to argue...it seems like you are upset you can't still use the word?
Chem, that is an insult of the highest measure! You are a sad individual!!

Joe Biden
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Acceptable? The word is obviously used as a barb so not really acceptable but mainly it's just weird straw man that happens so infrequently as to be irrelevant to the conversation. Why would a black person call a white person that as a slight to begin with?

Why would a Black Person call a White Person that at all?

Joe Biden
dogplasma
caryking said:

For those of you that find the last couple of pages, interesting at best, please enlighten me on why you feel that way...

Thanks

My statement was more directed at the post that there's nothing really wrong with the n-word. It came off as almost wistful that the word is no longer appropriate for general use. Maybe that wasn't the intent, apologies if it wasn't, but it seemed to be taking the thread on a weird and (for me) uncomfortable tangent.

Your question, Cary, on black vs white use of the word is still a tangent, but I'm not backing slowly out of the room reading that one!
GuerrillaPack
PackFansXL
dogplasma said:

caryking said:

Thanks

My statement was more directed at the post that there's nothing really wrong with the n-word. It came off as almost wistful that the word is no longer appropriate for general use. Maybe that wasn't the intent, apologies if it wasn't, but it seemed to be taking the thread on a weird and (for me) uncomfortable tangent.

Your question, Cary, on black vs white use of the word is still a tangent, but I'm not backing slowly out of the room reading that one!
Dog, that post was so far back that no one knew what to make of your comments. Both you and hokie have commented in this thread well after the poster made the comment you're bothered by. Holy delayed reaction, Batman!
Mormad
Was it the Clayton bigsby skit where the white dudes in the car were called the N word and they were like, "did they just call us Ns?" And then were really happy and highfived? I've gotta find that. Hilarious.
Civilized
Mormad said:

Was it the Clayton bigsby skit where the white dudes in the car were called the N word and they were like, "did they just call us Ns?" And then were really happy and highfived? I've gotta find that. Hilarious.

Dave Chapelle's Black White Supremacist bit, along with his Charlie Murphy Prince and Rick James bits, were his absolute best work. So good.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.