Duke/BYU volleyball alleged "racial slur incident" is a LIE

11,322 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BBW12OG
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

I think what everyone is trying to say ham handed is that the changes to social norms with respect to certain big words continues to evolve and is confusing.

When things like this come up, I just choose to not use the words.
Hokie, I don't believe anyone is choosing to use the word. For me, I asked a simple question about what would happen if the word was used to describe a white person.. would it be racist?

When I was younger, the word was more prevalent, in society. It was not considered (generally speaking) a racial term; rather, it was used to describe the way people are. That included white people…. In fact, this topic got brought up with a good friend of mine (who happens to be black) and he said the same thing. Perhaps, that was more of a southern thing, I don't know…

My experience may have been different than others. Yes, the "N" word was prevalent; however, it wasn't used with the same context as today. Whether that's right or wrong, back then, well… it's just what it was.

I do not call a Black person the "N" word, because it does offend them; therefore, respectfully I, and for that matter, others shouldn't do it (my opinion). That doesn't change the question I asked…
Thank you -- and I offer my apologies for grouping you with GP. I read your back and forth on the changes of the word, and I inferred that you were saying same as him, but you have clarified that you understand the word is offensive, so I apologize for assuming differently.

I will disagree though --- when I was young, I heard the word used -- and it was certainly more prevalent -- it was a derogatory term then too, 100% used to describe a person of color. I suppose there could have been other contexts, but other than in rap lyrics or comedy routines (artists are always given a lot more latitude on expressions), I'm not sure I've ever heard it used as anything other than demeaning or negative.
Tootie4Pack
Really wish the local media would press Duke on being able to talk to team members / players / staff.

By shutting down any media interviews in favor of an Athletic Dept statement, it makes Duke look really bad. I mean, they did not even dispute the BYU report, just putting out a statement that they love and support their team.

Makes me wonder if Duke even followed up on the BYU report by talking to some of the witnesses in
that report.
BBW12OG
Tootie4Pack said:

Really wish the local media would press Duke on being able to talk to team members / players / staff.

By shutting down any media interviews in favor of an Athletic Dept statement, it makes Duke look really bad. I mean, they did not even dispute the BYU report, just putting out a statement that they love and support their team.

Makes me wonder if Duke even followed up on the BYU report by talking to some of the witnesses in
that report.
I'd be willing to wager they did interview the team. They most likely were involved with the BYU investigation.

We all know that being black in this country now affords you the ability to accuse anyone anytime of being racist and get away with it.

The only reason Jussie was charged and convicted was because money exchanged hands.

Has Horizontal "Cackling Hyena" Harris apologized for deifying him?

Has Dear Leader apologized for demonizing the GOP for suggesting that we were the reason he was attacked?

Has any member of the MSM propaganda machine that rushed to claim that systemic racism was the reason this poor, defenseless young black man was violently attacked?

Hell no. And they won't. Racism sells ads and clicks.

And if you are black and can't succeed in this country today it's because you don't want to. Racism has nothing to do with it.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

I think what everyone is trying to say ham handed is that the changes to social norms with respect to certain big words continues to evolve and is confusing.

When things like this come up, I just choose to not use the words.
Hokie, I don't believe anyone is choosing to use the word. For me, I asked a simple question about what would happen if the word was used to describe a white person.. would it be racist?

When I was younger, the word was more prevalent, in society. It was not considered (generally speaking) a racial term; rather, it was used to describe the way people are. That included white people…. In fact, this topic got brought up with a good friend of mine (who happens to be black) and he said the same thing. Perhaps, that was more of a southern thing, I don't know…

My experience may have been different than others. Yes, the "N" word was prevalent; however, it wasn't used with the same context as today. Whether that's right or wrong, back then, well… it's just what it was.

I do not call a Black person the "N" word, because it does offend them; therefore, respectfully I, and for that matter, others shouldn't do it (my opinion). That doesn't change the question I asked…
Thank you -- and I offer my apologies for grouping you with GP. I read your back and forth on the changes of the word, and I inferred that you were saying same as him, but you have clarified that you understand the word is offensive, so I apologize for assuming differently.

I will disagree though --- when I was young, I heard the word used -- and it was certainly more prevalent -- it was a derogatory term then too, 100% used to describe a person of color. I suppose there could have been other contexts, but other than in rap lyrics or comedy routines (artists are always given a lot more latitude on expressions), I'm not sure I've ever heard it used as anything other than demeaning or negative.
Chem, thanks for the apology. I really appreciate it...

As far as disagreeing, well... perhaps you had a different experience than me. That I can accept. Disagreeing implies that I'm wrong. Both, you and I, could have had different experiences; so, I would ask that you be careful how you express things...

On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
TheStorm
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/utah-governor-slams-oregon-fans-obscene-chant-byu-football-game

I wonder if ESPN will have a piece out this week about this event?
GuerrillaPack
TheStorm said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/utah-governor-slams-oregon-fans-obscene-chant-byu-football-game

I wonder if ESPN will have a piece out this week about this event?

Anti-Mormon bigotry is kosher. Because Mormons = conservative white people.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
TheStorm
https://www.foxnews.com/media/media-largely-ignores-anti-mormon-chant-oregon-byu-game
Steve Videtich
TheStorm said:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/media-largely-ignores-anti-mormon-chant-oregon-byu-game

That story doesn't move the needle for them. No bias.
BBW12OG
Steve Videtich said:

TheStorm said:

That story doesn't move the needle for them. No bias.
Imagine had it been "Eff the Muslims.."

Sleepy Joe and the rest of the MARXIST PARTY would have been all over it 24/7. They would have had a "special address" to the Nation in order to condemn such behavior.

But... since it is a predominantly white religion nothing will be said and even less will be done.

If the lefties can't see their blatant hypocrisy it's not because they can't, it's because they choose not to.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.