Cancel Culture is a Societal Cancer

22,710 Views | 299 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Werewolf
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackBacker07 said:

People who are internet illiterate, which seems to be 90% of the Water Cooler, will be the downfall of America. Fascism and autocracy abounds here. ****ing sickening.
People who think they are smarter than others has been the degradation of America! That's true Fascism and Autocracy!

Technocrat!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
cowboypack02
PackBacker07 said:

People who are internet illiterate, which seems to be 90% of the Water Cooler, will be the downfall of America. Fascism and autocracy abounds here. ****ing sickening.
Interesting that you feel that way.....

As much as I disagree with some of the folks here, I do believe that we need to have the more liberal minded folks in our society just as much as the conservative minds because those balance each other out and actually make us successful. Unfortunately, mindsets like yours where everyone who disagrees with you is a nazi or a fascist are part of what hurts us as a nation. It seems that segments of our population have found it easier to demonize the other side, when in reality we should be compromising and working together....not working together to screw the people as our current government does, but for the betterment of the people
BBW12OG
PackBacker07 said:

I love the fact that you are accusing 90% of the Water Cooler of being responsible for the downfall of America. You and your lefty brethren, Glass, packchem, hokie, Civ, metcalf etc.... can take credit for that. Only one party is pushing for the following:

• eliminating the filibuster to "change the country"
  • expanding the Supreme Court by nominating far left justices to ensure the MARXIST agenda is employed
  • adding Puerto Rico and D.C. to ensure that the Senate stays in the MARXIST PARTY'S control
  • enacting the "Voting Rights Act" which will turn control over ALL elections to guess who? The party in control of the Senate. It also allows ballot harvesting, same day voter registration, allows felons to vote, allows universal mail-in voting without requests for ballots, Federal control of voting districts determined by the party in control of the Senate
  • enacting policies that will control information/disinformation, as in the "Ministry of Truth" that just blew up in their face, to limit information to only MARXIST ideologies
  • eliminating fossil fuels and enacting the "Green New Deal" which will cripple this country and make people more dependent on the government than they already are
  • eliminating the 2nd Amendment
  • forcing parents to allow sex education, transgender education etc.. beginning at Kindergarten and if they speak out against it declare them "domestic terrorists"
  • forcing Americans to accept their BS ideas that there are over 150 sexes and men can have babies
  • telling the world that we have 30 years, 20 years, 12 years and now 8 years to save the planet by enacting ridiculous laws that punish the middle/lower classes while the elite jet set around the world telling us rubes how stupid we are for driving gasoline powered vehicles
  • most of and the far most important, the lefties are smug, condescending, know-it-alls that come off just as that. They are out of touch with everyday America and it will come back to bite you and your brethren in the ass come November

Yeah... we are the ones destroying America. You are so blinded by your worship of the MSM and all of their propaganda you can't see the forest for the trees. Remember that come November. You and your comrades are doing the 90% of us on this board a favor.

Please keep being a condescending, arrogant blowhard know-it-all. We are cheering like hell for you.

Here's one more to think on... you see videos like this may work in YOUR world but for the 90% of us with kids and for 90% of the people we know that do not have their heads up their asses videos and statements like this are not what we want our children exposed to in a public school setting. Again, thank you for your smugness and arrogance. Greatly appreciated. Especially in November.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Werewolf
https://rumble.com/v15un0b-georgia-republican-primary-for-governor-2022.html

Most urgent now is to identify the RINOs, our Washington Generals. We must shed ourselves of them. Identifying them is hard and requires each of us to spend more time understanding who is who.

I think the Primaries may actually have a component that will identify them. Kathy Barnette in PA could have actually won. Georgia MAGA needs to "show up" today in their GOV Primary. In spite of Trump's endorsements, the Ga Governor candidate, Kandiss Taylor, has massive support but Corporate media is hiding her candidacy.

What's the benefit in regards to the US Military overturning results in - lets say - these Republican primaries? Trump endorsed Oz, Trump endorsed Perdue but overturns to Barnette, Taylor? Yep, I'm out on the limb on this but Trump distances himself from the "real MAGA" candidates......

Mo Brooks losing Trump's endorsement is odd given his great small govt record.

The end of the 1973 movie, The Sting, was a surprise. Could it be?
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
caryking
BBW12OG said:

Shame on the person that hired and/or maintains this persons employment educating kids of any age!!!

Joe Biden
PackFansXL
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/breaking-ilya-shapiro-resigns-from-georgetown-law-school/

In this article, Shapiro laments the impossible situation the extreme left administration of Georgetown Law school created for him. He explains the obvious intent of his original tweet and blames someone from Slate for campaigning against him. Then he turns to the double standard we see in academia at most universities today. I will post the content from tweets that were much worse than what Shapiro said but never even required an apology let alone a dismissal, threatened or otherwise.
Quote:

In 2018, Georgetown protected this tweet from Professor Carol Christine Fair during Justice Kavanaugh's confirmation process: "Look at this chorus of entitled white men justifying a serial rapist's arrogated entitlement. All of them deserve miserable deaths while feminists laugh as they take their last gasps. Bonus: we castrate their corpses and feed them to swine? Yes." When Prof. Fair advocated mass murder and castration based on race and gender, Georgetown did not initiate an investigation, but instead invoked Georgetown's free-expression policy.

In 2020, Georgetown took no action when law professor Heidi Feldblum tweeted "law professors and law school deans" should "not support applications from our students to clerk for" judges appointed by President Donald Trump. "To work for such a judge," Prof. Feldblum continued, "indelibly marks a lawyer as lacking in the character and judgment necessary for the practice of law." These comments have the potential to threaten the careers of all of our conservative and libertarian students, or indeed anyone who clerks for duly confirmed Article III judges.

In April of this yearwell after my own tweetProf. Feldblum tweeted, "we have only one political party in this country, the Democrats. The other group is a combination of a cult and an insurrection-supporting crime syndicate." She went on to reference Ron DeSantis, Ted Cruz, and Mitch McConnell and say, "The only ethically and politically responsible stance to take toward the Republican 'party' is to consistently point out that it is no longer a legitimate participant in U.S. constitutional democracy." As you know, unlike me, Prof. Feldblum teaches 1Ls in mandatory courses. On the IDEAA theory, this pattern of remarks certainly created a hostile educational environment for our Republican students, who are a protected class under D.C. antidiscrimination law. Yet no investigation of these tweets was instigated after they were brought to your attention, after the precedent of investigating my tweets had already been established. Instead, a month after they were first published, they were quietly deleted without apology.
Steve Videtich
Free speech under attack again!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34070358/washington-commanders-defensive-coordinator-jack-del-rio-fined-100000-comments-us-capitol-invasion-george-floyd-murder
Werewolf
Steve Videtich said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34070358/washington-commanders-defensive-coordinator-jack-del-rio-fined-100000-comments-us-capitol-invasion-george-floyd-murder
buckle up buttercups.........there is no such thing as tyranny.
hokiewolf
Werewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

not sure how a private organization fining an employee is defined as tyranny.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
Werewolf
hokiewolf said:

Werewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

Technically, I'll agree on this. More cancel culture. Vast #'s of examples across society.........starting with the political prisoners held since 01/06/2021.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

Werewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

If Jan 6th wasn't so politically inflamed, no fine would have been given, my bet…. That's why I believe the Washington Football team did what they did.

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Werewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

If Jan 6th wasn't so politically inflamed, no fine would have been given, my bet…. That's why I believe the Washington Football team did what they did.
they did what they did because their employee made personal statements on their official channels and violated their policy
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Werewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

they did what they did because their employee made personal statements on their official channels and violated their policy

But, cancel culture says that the fine is not good enough.

ETA: Official channels? Am I mistaken, or was it not his personal Twitter account.
caryking
Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Werewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

ETA: Official channels? Am I mistaken, or was it not his personal Twitter account.
Again, this is only an issue because Jan 6th has been turned into a lefty issue!

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Werewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

I am fairly certain that the Commanders have a clause in the coaching contract that includes Twitter accounts and what cans and can't be posted
Werewolf
^^ Jan 05 political prisoners being held isn't about D vrs R. Rinos quietly support the incarceration. We see a handful of Congressmen calling for the release of these political prisoners, the rest are nowhere to be seen on this issue.
hokiewolf
caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Werewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

Again, this is only an issue because Jan 6th has been turned into a lefty issue!
that's interesting you say that because I'm watching last week it is really clear that the presentation by the committee is very much aimed at the center right .

Also, I believe that this is more than a "lefty issue"
Werewolf
It's a SWAMP issue.
hokiewolf
Werewolf said:

It's a SWAMP issue.
I see it more as an issue with perpetrating a lie of a stolen election that led to a riot at the Capitol, but we can all have different opinions.
PackFansXL
A Step in the Right Direction at UNC

Quote:

Top American colleges and universities have become infamous for their intellectual monoculture. The wildest leftist notions are perfectly acceptable, but anyone who espouses support for contrary ideas like limited government and economic freedom is apt to be targeted. And not with rational arguments, but with vitriol and "cancellation."

Hall begins, "Since the rise of social media, many students have gotten used to discussing difficult topics within the protection of their own echo chambers. Students are often not expected to defend their points of view or engage with others of differing opinions. While universities frequently support such closed-mindedness with 'safe spaces' and the barring of certain speakers from campus, some university programs and faculty are attempting to push back against this anti-intellectual trend."

Fortunately, the complainers did not succeed in canceling PPD, and it has been hosting good events. Hall elaborates: "One recent event put on by PPD was a three-part workshop series, Leading Controversial Conversations. The workshop aimed to help 'empower educators across the curriculum with the necessary tools to facilitate robust discourse across controversial terrain.' Other events have included debates entitled 'Should Congress Abolish the Filibuster?' and 'Should Gambling Be Legalized?,' as well as dialogues on the Russian invasion of Ukraine and the question, 'What is gender?'"
I suppose the Left-Right struggle has limits. Perhaps if you push far enough to the left, you end up on the right. UNC experiencing a Columbus moment? Alternatively, this is a Trojan Horse moment with UNC progressives realizing echo chambers produce weak debaters who are easily defeated by those who have to defend conservative perspectives 24/7. Either way, it's an interesting change.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

Werewolf said:

It's a SWAMP issue.
I see it more as an issue with perpetrating a lie of a stolen election that led to a riot at the Capitol, but we can all have different opinions.
Let's assume you and I agree on the "Big Lie"...

Even at that, the actions of a few (Someone want to define a few) are being exacerbated, by this committee, in a political manner. Think about this, Adam Schiff perpetrated a real "Big Lie" for 4 years and he's a member.

That, in and of itself, makes this committee completely without any merit.

My point is: Trump is in the middle of these "Big Lies", yet, only one "Big Lie" is important! Yea, not going to buy it...

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Werewolf said:

It's a SWAMP issue.

Even at that, the actions of a few (Someone want to define a few) are being exacerbated, by this committee, in a political manner. Think about this, Adam Schiff perpetrated a real "Big Lie" for 4 years and he's a member.

My point is: Trump is in the middle of these "Big Lies", yet, only one "Big Lie" is important! Yea, not going to buy it...
Two wrongs don't make a right.
BBW12OG
LMAO...

It's "bad" when we do it and get caught.... says the dem... but... it's "MORE BADDER" when the Conservatives do it. Then neither side should have done it...

You lefties are something else.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Steve Videtich
BBW12OG said:

LMAO...

It's "bad" when we do it and get caught.... says the dem... but... it's "MORE BADDER" when the Conservatives do it. Then neither side should have done it...

You lefties are something else.

Can't take anything serious that Schiff is involved with.
hokiewolf
I don't know, call me old fashioned but failed political dirty tricks vs inciting a riot at the Capitol are two very different things.

I'm sure we'll get an investigation of Adam Schiff after the November elections. Then you can have your pound of boogeyman flesh
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Werewolf said:

It's a SWAMP issue.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
I never said they do. All I'm saying is that the "one wrong" makes the "second wrong" less impactful because the "one wrong" is judging the "second wrong".

In other words, a man that perpetrated the first "Big Lie" is judging the second "Big Lie". Both of these "Big Lies" were supposedly propagated by one person… Trump!

Joe Biden
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

I don't know, call me old fashioned but failed political dirty tricks vs inciting a riot at the Capitol are two very different things.

I'm sure we'll get an investigation of Adam Schiff after the November elections. Then you can have your pound of boogeyman flesh

Will there be a similar commission put forth with Chuck Schumer and his "actual" threats toward Kavanaugh and Gorsuch?
caryking
hokiewolf said:

Hokie, are you serious?

Adam Schiff is not a boogeyman! He is a liar on the largest order! Adam Schiff, if anyone, should be kicked out of congress! He is a despicable person!

Joe Biden
caryking
Also, this committee should have no validity purely on the way Nancy created members. She took nobody that was selected by GOP leadership. She only placed 2 GOP members that are 100% Anti-Trump!

Go ahead and say it… you know Cheney voted with Trump 98% of the time. My answer to that is simple: when a policy is right, you have to and/or need to vote with a winning policy!

That said, Cheney doesn't like the America First agenda as it exposes her family for the rot they are! So, she has to be against the leader of the America First agenda!

Joe Biden
Packchem91
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Hokie, are you serious?

Adam Schiff is not a boogeyman! He is a liar on the largest order! Adam Schiff, if anyone, should be kicked out of congress! He is a despicable person!
but I think what Hokie is saying is (and he usually says it more succinctly and less confrontationally than me ) ....the Dems are not going to kick one of their own out right now, no more than the GOP would make a move on Trump if he were still in office. That may be the wrong moral compass, but lord knows, the moral compass in DC is pointed way offline anyway.

So when the GOP wins the House in NOV, I'm sure they'll exact some revenge and pursue the guys who gave some incindiery comments about the SC Justices
Steve Videtich
The thing I'm interested in watching, should November go the way most are thinking, is for the Democrats to start right back utilizing all the things they're screaming about now. The filibuster being #1. That thing will be in full light speed after saying they need to get rid of it the last year and a half.
BBW12OG
Steve Videtich said:

The thing I'm interested in watching, should November go the way most are thinking, is for the Democrats to start right back utilizing all the things they're screaming about now. The filibuster being #1. That thing will be in full light speed after saying they need to get rid of it the last year and a half.
LOL.... the very same dims that were screaming that it was what "made America great" that we had a system of checks and balances in 2017? The same hypocrites that given the chance would change this country into their MARXIST utopia?

As much as I hate to say it but given the current state of the lefties and what they have told the world if given the same power, or more, in 2024 I hope the GOP goes scorched Earth and puts the MARXIST PARTY out to pasture for good.

Do every damn thing they have suggested from eliminating the filibuster to expanding the SCOTUS. Then pass laws that would prevent those from ever being overturned. Adding insult to injury reinstitute the filibuster and codify it at 60 into the Constitution.

Eff em' and feed them fish heads. They would do the same to the GOP in a nanosecond if they had the power.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
Steve Videtich said:

The way things are looking now, 60 is in play for the Senate for Republicans
Oldsouljer
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Hokie, are you serious?

but I think what Hokie is saying is (and he usually says it more succinctly and less confrontationally than me ) ....the Dems are not going to kick one of their own out right now, no more than the GOP would make a move on Trump if he were still in office. That may be the wrong moral compass, but lord knows, the moral compass in DC is pointed way offline anyway.

So when the GOP wins the House in NOV, I'm sure they'll exact some revenge and pursue the guys who gave some incindiery comments about the SC Justices
Which sucks because that will escalate matters to the point where this nation is in perpetual civil war via the two Parties, and it's a Catch-22 because if the GOP doesn't do those things, as it will only embolden the radical bullies running the Dems to escalate their hateful behavior to ever higher levels of outrage when they return to power because they know they'll pay no price for it when they're out of power.
hokiewolf
caryking said:

Also, this committee should have no validity purely on the way Nancy created members. She took nobody that was selected by GOP leadership. She only placed 2 GOP members that are 100% Anti-Trump!

Go ahead and say it… you know Cheney voted with Trump 98% of the time. My answer to that is simple: when a policy is right, you have to and/or need to vote with a winning policy!

That said, Cheney doesn't like the America First agenda as it exposes her family for the rot they are! So, she has to be against the leader of the America First agenda!
Geez man, they already made a biased movie about her pops, not sure how much left there is to expose.

edit: Edited just to say that this is the 69th post in this thread and it's a nice post.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.