Cancel Culture is a Societal Cancer

21,058 Views | 279 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Werewolf
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/he-was-a-world-renowned-cancer-researcher?s=r

Quote:

In 2018, David Sabatini was a world-renowned molecular biologist. He was a tenured professor at MIT. He ran a major lab at the Whitehead Institute, overseeing a team of 39 researchers, postdocs and technicians. Their job was to disentangle the mystery of the mTOR signaling pathway, a protein Sabatini had discovered while still in medical school, at Johns Hopkins. The mTOR signaling pathway plays a critical role in tumor development. Figuring out how it works would go a long way toward saving countless lives.

This was why Sabatini was predicted to win the Nobel Prize. It was how he reeled in between three and four million dollars every year for his lab from the National Institutes of Health, the Pentagon and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, among others. It is why his colleagues have described him to me with words like "genius," "one of the best scientists alive," and "a pillar."
"It's like working for Steve Jobs. He can be brutal," said one scientist. "But why would you want to work for anyone else?"

Today, Sabatini is unemployed and unemployable. No one wants to be associated with him. Those who do risk losing their jobs, publishing opportunities, friends, visas, and huge federal grants.
Cancel culture claims another important victim. There are some very scary people in the woke world of science. If one says the wrong thing or even does collaborative research with the blackballed individual, your career is over. It is impossible to conduct pure science in an environment like that. Does a scientific consensus have any legitimate stature? These people seem to be so easily manipulated, one has to wonder.
Steve Videtich
PackFansXL said:

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/he-was-a-world-renowned-cancer-researcher?s=r

Quote:

In 2018, David Sabatini was a world-renowned molecular biologist. He was a tenured professor at MIT. He ran a major lab at the Whitehead Institute, overseeing a team of 39 researchers, postdocs and technicians. Their job was to disentangle the mystery of the mTOR signaling pathway, a protein Sabatini had discovered while still in medical school, at Johns Hopkins. The mTOR signaling pathway plays a critical role in tumor development. Figuring out how it works would go a long way toward saving countless lives.

This was why Sabatini was predicted to win the Nobel Prize. It was how he reeled in between three and four million dollars every year for his lab from the National Institutes of Health, the Pentagon and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, among others. It is why his colleagues have described him to me with words like "genius," "one of the best scientists alive," and "a pillar."
"It's like working for Steve Jobs. He can be brutal," said one scientist. "But why would you want to work for anyone else?"

Today, Sabatini is unemployed and unemployable. No one wants to be associated with him. Those who do risk losing their jobs, publishing opportunities, friends, visas, and huge federal grants.
Cancel culture claims another important victim. There are some very scary people in the woke world of science. If one says the wrong thing or even does collaborative research with the blackballed individual, your career is over. It is impossible to conduct pure science in an environment like that. Does a scientific consensus have any legitimate stature? These people seem to be so easily manipulated, one has to wonder.

Science has always grown through questioning and alternative ideas. Now, everything has become political, which means no room for questioning.
wolf howl
There's no way that big pharma would allow someone to take away their cash cow of cancer treatment. You stumble upon the wrong things and bad stuff can happen.
PackFansXL
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/elon-musk-forcefully-denies-political-sexual-harassment-allegation/

BBW12OG
Like clockwork...

It cracks me up that some on here claim to be so "virtuous" and empathetic and that's why they voted against President Trump...

But yet when it comes to wielding power, i.e. doxing posters, making up lies, spreading false rumors, the left has ZERO issues in that regard.

It boils down to power and the lefties desire to keep it at all costs... and that goes for their supporters as well. The whole damn lot of them.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Steve Videtich
It's all about the power...period!
statefan91
PackFansXL said:

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/elon-musk-forcefully-denies-political-sexual-harassment-allegation/

Didn't the Republicans just run a hit-job on Madison Cawthorn? Not sure how stuff like this is aligned to a political party.
caryking
statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Didn't the Republicans just run a hit-job on Madison Cawthorn? Not sure how stuff like this is aligned to a political party.

It's not about political affiliation, even though BBW's point is still appropriate. It's about power!!! Cawthorn is/was a threat to power!!! That really is the issue.

For all the positive policies Trump had, his ego got in the way when he thought he would be able to get establishment folks to work with him! Among other things, I may not agree with, that was his biggest downfall!!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
PackFansXL
I'm not sure what you mean. That guy was voted out by his constituents when they were given a better choice of a proven conservative who isn't an irresponsible adult.
caryking
PackFansXL said:

I'm not sure what you mean. That guy was voted out by his constituents when they were given a better choice of a proven conservative who isn't an irresponsible adult.
Didn't his district get restructured as well?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
PackFansXL
caryking said:

PackFansXL said:

Didn't his district get restructured as well?
https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/04/madison-cawthorns-primary-challenger-is-everything-cawthorn-isnt/

Quote:

Cawthorn spent the closing months of 2021 deciding where he wanted to run for a second term. In November, he filed to run in a redrawn district closer to the center of the state and the Charlotte media market, abandoning his western constituents. The move chased Moore out of the race for that seat. Tom Fiedler of the Asheville Citizen-Times opined at the time that "the emerging opposition to Cawthorn in his current district appears to provide a political rationale for skipping into the new . . . district." Fiedler detailed the bitterness engendered by Cawthorn's effort to anoint a Detroit native as his successor in the district he was leaving. Eventually, after further redrawing of the district maps, Cawthorn came slinking back to the 11th district, after Edwards and others had already filed to run for what they thought was now an open seat. "I was extremely surprised when he left this district," Edwards told Kassel. "And then I was even more surprised to see that he had changed his mind and decided to come back."
Lot's of details in this article provide ample evidence for Cawthorn's drop in popularity.
statefan91
PackFansXL said:

You posted a tweet by Elon Musk talking about watching for the Democrats dirty tricks or whatever
Then you posted a link to a story that came out about him, implying that this was what happened because he's going against Democrats

I was merely recognizing that it's silly to claim that one political party has these dirty tricks when its been widely accepted that Republican establishment provided the materials to the press that helped sink Cawthorn's primary.
PackFansXL
statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

You posted a tweet by Elon Musk talking about watching for the Democrats dirty tricks or whatever
Then you posted a link to a story that came out about him, implying that this was what happened because he's going against Democrats

I was merely recognizing that it's silly to claim that one political party has these dirty tricks when its been widely accepted that Republican establishment provided the materials to the press that helped sink Cawthorn's primary.
I didn't imply it, Elon did. Did you read the linked article?

Regarding Cawthorn, if you read the article linked in my comments, you will see plenty of reasons for his constituents to boot him.
PackFansXL
https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/05/a-princeton-classics-professor-gets-railroaded/
Quote:

In the New York Times, Anemona Hartocollis reports the story of Joshua Katz, a classics professor at Princeton who is set to be fired soon. Ostensibly, Katz is being fired for "his conduct with female students." Really, he is being fired because, two years ago, he described a student group called the Black Justice League as "a small local terrorist organization" and suggested that he was "embarrassed for" any of his colleagues who had signed a letter insisting that "Anti-Blackness is foundational to America." Katz, "who is tenured," Hartocollis writes, "is not facing dismissal for his speech," but "for what a university report says was his failure to be totally forthcoming about a sexual relationship with a student 15 years ago that he has already been punished for."

This is a flagrant, insulting lie on Princeton's part. Katz's "failure to be totally forthcoming about a sexual relationship with a student 15 years ago" was investigated and punished in 2017. Until his words "sent up a flare," as Hartocollis put it, the incident had passed into history. Katz's real offense was running afoul of the woke pieties that now dominate American campuses. And so, unable or unwilling to call for his firing on the grounds that he had hurt their feelings, his critics have gone back to a well that had already been capped.
This character assassination is all too familiar coming from woke activists on college campuses, leftist media members, and extremists in the Democratic party.
Francis
Isn't Glasswolf part of the senior legion of the cancel culture? Not just millennials and GenZ.
BBW12OG
Francis said:

Isn't Glasswolf part of the senior legion of the cancel culture? Not just millennials and GenZ.
He absolutely is! Not only is he a liberal leftist he has the power of being a moderator here and on Pack Pride.

He did however, after his threat to Dox me on an open message forum, message me that he was asking to be removed as a Moderator here. His words, not mine.

After what he did I would think there would be more serious ramifications. Not my decision but imagine if people who had power doxxed people because they didn't agree with them politically? I mean... you ever heard of such madness?

Oh.... OOOOPPPPSSSS.....the left and their dedicated MARXISTS do it ALL THE TIME... and often brag about it. It's as if when a liberal gets power they have to do all they can to make sure they lord over the peons that are beneath them.

Fits the bill to a "T" if you ask me!
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Oldsouljer
Steve Videtich said:

It's all about the power...period!
And the power to dictate political correctness to everyone and every institution. Whoda thunk UNC Chapel Hill wasn't woke enough?

https://redstate.com/alexparker/2022/05/21/media-agency-refuses-to-accredit-university-unless-it-teaches-future-journalists-more-social-justice-n568035
Werewolf

#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
cowboypack02
Sad thing about the girl with the purple hair is that if she went back to her original color and got rid of the nose ring she would be rather attractive
BBW12OG
cowboypack02 said:

Sad thing about the girl with the purple hair is that if she went back to her original color and got rid of the nose ring she would be rather attractive
Until she started talking.....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
TheStorm
cowboypack02 said:

Meh, I doubt she cares - and I know I sure as hell don't...
statefan91
No wonder y'all fall for all these sites, can't even figure out when a picture is a ****ty photoshop

BBW12OG
statefan91 said:

No wonder y'all fall for all these sites, can't even figure out when a picture is a ****ty photoshop

No but we damn sure know a competent candidate and one that has no clue where he is 75% of the time. Do you comrade?
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
TheStorm
LOL. "Were" probably whipped that one up himself!

And I still doubt she would care, and I still sure as hell know I wouldn't either...
statefan91
BBW12OG said:

No but we damn sure know a competent candidate and one that has no clue where he is 75% of the time. Do you comrade?
It's amazing how much time you dedicate to trolling people on the internet. Hopefully that keeps you from being a menace to society otherwise
Werewolf
TheStorm said:

And I still doubt she would care, and I still sure as hell know I wouldn't either...
HA........u can be funny :-)
TheStorm
Werewolf said:

TheStorm said:

But yet I'm not the one that posted the fake picture (ie."more of your spam") here either - am I?

See how that works?
Werewolf
TheStorm said:

Werewolf said:

TheStorm said:

But yet I'm not the one that posted the fake picture (ie."more of your spam") here either - am I?

See how that works?
Did it matter if her pic was doctored or not? It's the idea. Settle down and lose that anger man.

And I'm a long ways from knowing how to doctor a pic. From a friend of a friend etc.
cowboypack02
statefan91 said:

Told you she'd be cute without all of the other stuff
statefan91
Werewolf
Flush RINOs, our nation's "Washington Generals".

PackBacker07
People who are internet illiterate, which seems to be 90% of the Water Cooler, will be the downfall of America. Fascism and autocracy abounds here. ****ing sickening.
Y'all means ALL.
Werewolf
Peter, Paul and Mary - Puff, the Magic Dragon (25th Anniversary Concert) - YouTube

I remember this song being sung in elementary school. Maybe songs of innocence for children as opposed to teach them about sex changes and 60+ genders, etc.

And nope the song wasn't about dope.....
Steve Videtich
PackBacker07 said:

People who are internet illiterate, which seems to be 90% of the Water Cooler, will be the downfall of America. Fascism and autocracy abounds here. ****ing sickening.

Add to your list ignorance...
TheStorm
PackBacker07 said:

The only thing ****ing sickening around here since day 1 has always been you... you are the absolute worst.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.