The Biden Administration..V3

604,866 Views | 8873 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Bockwinkle
barelypure
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Remember when Trump was impeached for withholding funds for Ukraine that Congress had allocated. Ukraine wasn't at war at the time. Now Biden is withholding ammunition from Israel that Congress has allocated funds for that Biden signed and Israel desperately needs that ammunition for their war. Will the Democrats try to impeach Biden - no I don't think so either. Just more Democrat hypocrisy.
BBW12OG
Civilized said:

Ncsufist said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Not violent? Have you seen UCLA or Columbia?

Yeah.

What are you comparing this to? Being at the public library on a Saturday afternoon?

Or other actually heated political/university protests in our country's history?

The insinuation on here that I'm responding to by Gulf - but others are also making innuendos - is that there is something larger at work here.

My question to anybody that's saying that - that no one on here can seemingly answer - is what exactly makes these protests look different than other protests in our country's past?

As hokie has pointed out many times and it seems like we all agree, a lot of these college kids seem like they're cosplaying actual protesters. A lot don't even seem to know what exactly they're protesting or to have a coherent message or 'ask'. They just seem like they want to protest something. The closest they've come is this divestment stuff that's nebulously impactful to the actual Israel war effort, at best. And they know they hate civilian suffering in Gaza - we all do. But just like every other country in a similar position, Israel defending itself is ugly on the ground and comes with tragic consequences for civilians that Hamas embeds themselves with.

This all seems far less organized, less vitriolic, and more mundane than the big protests in our nation's history during the Civil Rights movement and Vietnam, for example, or the big Women's Lib or LGBT or even the Rodney King or BLM protests.

It seems much more like Occupy Wall Street or Tea Party protests than any of those.

So again, what makes these protests different in y'all's eyes such that you evidently think, "uh oh, this could be bad?"
LOL...so assault on cops, over taking and vandalizing property isn't a big deal? Dude give it up, hell even your beloved MSM are reporting on the clashes. I thought you Democrats after Jan 6th were all about law and order?

We are. And those on the left here have been critical of the protesters and supportive of the leo that are enforcing campus and city/state laws. Civ and myself are questioning this conspiracy theory tied behind some support from the usually liberal donors. It simply doesn't make sense for them to be supportive of this type of "movement." It goes against everything they stand for - keeping Biden in the WH and a majority in Congress.

Can someone please explain why Dem donors would support this stuff happening on college campuses and at Biden events?
No, Civ said that these protest aren't violent. Two different things here, don't change the subject.

I haven't seen him say that. And I'm not changing the subject.

Studying in a library…less vitriolic…

Correct.

These are definitely, obviously, clearly less vitriolic than the Civil Rights era protests, Vietnam era protests, Rodney King protests, BLM protests, and many others.

It's why I asked what you were comparing these to.

I'm not going to act like these protests are the 2024 Watts Riots when they're mostly a bunch of pasty nerds doing protest re-enactments.

This is what protest very often has looked like in this country.

I wish they weren't protesting. I don't want another Trump presidency and these protests are not good for Biden.

And it seems like all over the country police and campus administrators are taking appropriate action, disbanding protest encampments, and making arrests when and where necessary.

So I'm not sure what you want here.

I am not surprised people are protesting a very tragic situation in the Middle East. This is what protests have long looked like in America. We have seen true widespread violence in political or civic protests at times in this country and these ain't that. Yet, the police are acting accordingly when they need to.

But all that aside I am definitely not persuaded Russia and China are using anti-Israel protests to somehow weaken America. Protests don't weaken America. They make us stronger, and further underscore the differences between us and undemocratic regimes.

I feel like some y'all are just butthurt that people made rightfully made a big deal about January 6 and you think I or other people are downplaying these protests. We made a big deal about Jan. 6, we should be making a big deal about these too!

The clear and obvious differences are that Biden did not call for these protests; that they cause or at a minimum are a symptom of electoral weakness for Biden; and most importantly that Biden is not trying to use them to overturn an election.

Debating whether these are a 2 or a 3 on the Protest Violence Meter is dumb and a waste of time. So is making nebulous and completely unsubstantiated assertions about foreign government involvement.

Pull on the sweater string with Soros if you want. I don't think there's anything there either; as Skins has said Soros supporting protests that weaken Biden when he's a big Biden and Dem supporter makes no sense. Neither does years-ago Soros donations eventually and intentionally trickling through to protests of a months-old war. But y'all knock yourselves out.

So does the groups that are in charge of the protests being tied to hamas move the needle for you? They are the current American organizations that are the propaganda arm for Hamas. So in essence all those protesters and FUNDERS are provided comfort and assistance to a known terrorist organization.

What groups?

Which protests are they "in charge of"?

As evidenced by what?

What evidence is there that these groups are Hamas propagandists?

Now Soros is funding Hamas?

There are so many loose, extremely oblique, and/or completely unsubstantiated allegations in these two or three sentences of yours. It's hard to know where to start.

No, your view of what these protest are does not move the needle for me because I don't think it's tethered to reality.
You talking in circles is such a laughable moment on ISP.....

You have been called out, exposed, shown the facts but yet you still try to obfuscate and deny that YOUR team that YOU support and YOUR President that YOU support has stepped in a big ol' pile of sheeyat.

You can't speak out against the protesters because you will alienate your left wing nut jobs.

You can't support the other side because well, they are smart enough to call you and your smooth brained comrades out for what you are.

Now... follow me here.. I'm going to break it down for you real simple like.

Sleepy Joe's supporters, major donators to his campaign give money to groups that are funding the protests, protesters and supplying them with the necessary supplies in order to do these campus protests, takeovers, riots etc....

You can deny this but the facts are the facts. I don't think that even with your smooth brain you are too dense to grasp that. You can try but you are only making yourself look worse, if possible, than you have on this thread.

Go ahead and try and discredit the source, I know you will, but why don't you try and dispute the facts while you are at it and prove me wrong.

Sleepy Joe and his supporters are funding this through their wealthy donors to placate to the far left in order not to lose Michigan and the anti-Semite voters. FACT.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

So the Biden Administration is holding shipping weapons to our ally Israel. Isn't that the same thing Trump got impeached for?

Nope! Trump was impeached the first time for "abuse of power" because he withheld shipping weapons to Ukraine until they agreed to fabricate dirt for his campaign against Biden, which they refused.
BBW12OG
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

So the Biden Administration is holding shipping weapons to our ally Israel. Isn't that the same thing Trump got impeached for?

Nope! Trump was impeached the first time for "abuse of power" because he withheld shipping weapons to Ukraine until they agreed to fabricate dirt for his campaign against Biden, which they refused.
Speaking of "smooth brained..."

That's false and you know it.

The "fabrication" you speak of has proven to be true but you know that.

Making your BS "hit and run" comments to troll threads is your calling card.

You are a self-admitted MARXIST.

GFY. I think it is safe to say that the best part of you ended up on the floor of a bathroom stall in some skeevy bar.
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

Same same, Biden is withholding weapons to force and ally to do something they don't want to do.
SmaptyWolf
BBW12OG said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

Speaking of "smooth brained..."

That's false and you know it.

The "fabrication" you speak of has proven to be true but you know that.

Making your BS "hit and run" comments to troll threads is your calling card.

You are a self-admitted MARXIST.

GFY. I think it is safe to say that the best part of you ended up on the floor of a bathroom stall in some skeevy bar.

Lol, "proven" by who? Oh, was that your attempted "get him back" Biden impeachment that just got quickly swept under the rug after it was revealed that your star witness actually had ties to Russian intelligence?

Yeah, needless to say you guys have a pretty low bar for "proof". Pretty much anything posted on X by PatriotTruthGobbler and then repeated by Tucker and re-Truthed by Trump goes into your "proof" files.
Civilized
Ncsufist said:

https://www.carolinajournal.com/federal-lawsuit-alleges-students-for-justice-in-palestine-is-a-hamas-front-group/

They are currently being sued for it.

Good. Adults in the room. I trust the courts to sort it out.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

Same same, Biden is withholding weapons to force and ally to do something they don't want to do.

Trying to force an ally to do something they don't want to do is foreign policy. Using American foreign policy as leverage to benefit YOURSELF personally is abuse of power. Lol, you really don't see the difference?
SmaptyWolf
barelypure said:

Remember when Trump was impeached for withholding funds for Ukraine that Congress had allocated. Ukraine wasn't at war at the time. Now Biden is withholding ammunition from Israel that Congress has allocated funds for that Biden signed and Israel desperately needs that ammunition for their war. Will the Democrats try to impeach Biden - no I don't think so either. Just more Democrat hypocrisy.

If Biden tells Israel that he'll only give them the ammunition if they promise to help him beat Trump in November then yes, Biden would deserve to be impeached. But he didn't. Trump did that.
Civilized
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

This is not correct hokie.

Quote:

The first impeachment trial stemmed from a call President Trump had with the President Volodymyr Zelenskyy of Ukraine in which President Trump asked the Ukrainian President to announce two investigations: one involving his potential opponent in the upcoming 2020 presidential election and a second into unsubstantiated allegations that entities within Ukraine had interfered in the 2016 presidential election.1 At the time of the call, the Office of Management and Budget had frozen $400 million in military aid to Ukraine at the direction of the President.

Trump was impeached for soliciting foreign interference in the 2020 election to help his re-election bid.

Biden is doing no such thing. Withholding military aid was an attempt to pressure Ukraine to do his bidding but it was not the underlying offense.
Civilized
barelypure said:

Yeah, no.

That's not why Trump was impeached.

Y'all have to stop glossing over Trump's clear and unique attempts to benefit himself as being distinguishing factors in his offenses.
BBW12OG
Yeah....

Nothing to see here.....

Wonder what would be happening if President Trump and the RNC had a paid prosecutor, the MSM all going after Sleepy Joe?

What a damn joke....President Trump has a gag order for a reason. Good thing the rest of the country doesn't.

Not to mention the judge's daughter has made millions of what her dad is doing in the courtroom....

Wufskins
But Trumping in the Biden thread? Gulfstream will have none of that, amirite?
Gulfstream4
barelypure said:

China is experiencing population decline due to their 1 child policy they've discontinued but perhaps too late. They have cities that are near empty. They need workers. Maybe Abbott and DeSantis should look into flying the illegals to China instead of NYC. That's a win-win for everyone.

Also send as many American hating lefties as we can too. If they want communism, there it is.
Gulfstream4
barelypure said:

It's different when democrats do it!1

Gulfstream4
Wufskins said:

But Trumping in the Biden thread? Gulfstream will have none of that, amirite?

Lol-I had to give you a star.
caryking
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

I'll answer for me. I don't think it's tied to Hamas, I think it's just plain anti America. It worked during BLM, the protesters had support of Democrats then. Now they are probably confused.

If you're Palestinian-American, Palestinian ex-pat, have Palestinian friends and family, or are just sympathetic to Palestinian government and culture having been co-opted by a terrorist regime, are you happy with the US supporting Israel and the Israeli war effort that's decimating your homeland?

And this question is for all of us - are any of us pleased with how many Palestinian civilians have been killed, or the Palestinians now living in a hellhole with little medical treatment, food, or clean water?

It's way more complicated than being "just plain" anything.

Israel needs to defend itself. Civilians die in war. Israel is surrounded by Muslim nations that want to extinguish the Jewish state. Israel is a bastion of Western ideals in the middle of a region that is...well, not representative of Western ideals.

But I'd be absolutely despondent if I were Palestinian, living abroad, likely seeing and hearing what friends and family are being subjected to there. Undoubtedly knowing some of those killed in the conflict so far. Seeing the devastation.

There are things to protest in this situation that are not crazy. But that has to be balanced with Israel's rights, and the benefits of supporting Israel too.

This is a copmlex situation. Nobody wins with events like October 7, and then the predictable and understandable response. We all need to be pulling for a restoration of order over there, ASAP, and as impossible as it seems, some semblance of lasting peace.
Hamas, Muslim Brotherhood have been in the Gaza region, for a long time. Where have the Pelstenians been during that time? Ask for help, from Israel to get them out. No, that didn't happen, to my knowledge.

These so-called peaceful Palestinians lived among the radical Muslims for long enough to have all those tunnels built below them. Honestly, they are extremely complicit in this issue.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

It is very complicated but I wouldn't move to a country and demand that said country change its ways. The USA is a strong ally of Israel, that isn't going to change. War sucks, but demanding that a country just drop what they've always done is setting one up for disappointment. Heck, why aren't these same protesters not mad at the other countries over there that aren't taking refugees in? But you are right that there is a lot going on in this situation.

There are hybrid outcomes that could be effected by protest that are more positive for Palestinians though, like trying advocate for the US to lead cease-fire or peace talks in the region.

We've succesfully operated in that space on other occasions, and that outcome would be drastically better for Palestinians than continued war without asking the US to foresake its ally.

Good luck with a cease fire with Hamas shooting around 40 rockets yesterday at one of the only points for aid. I want to see these protesters going out and denounce Hamas not Israel, that would be a good start.
Yep, and when Biden humanitarian dock gets built, those rockets may, and according to Sec Austin, probably will be aimed at the US support teams. We should get the Hell out of there and tell Israel to do what it needs to do.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

Yep
caryking
hokiewolf said:

Ncsufist said:

Why do we care more about other countries than our own citizens? Fix our own issues and then we can afford to worry about someone's else.
Because if the US doesn't perform this function, then someone else will fill the void like China. Do you want to live in a world where a communist country is the super power while the US shuts its borders?
Balance the trade budget with China, then tariffs them to death. They live off our money!
caryking
Civilized said:

barelypure said:

Yeah, no.

Y'all have to stop glossing over Trump's clear and unique attempts to benefit himself as being distinguishing factors in his offenses.
Trump was impeached because the Dems wanted a WIN! Any "IDIOT" that read the transcripts knows the impeachment was a joke. Oh, and BTW, Biden bragged about holding money if the DA (whatever they call it in Ukraine) didn't drop his investigation. And….. that was exactly what Trump was asking Zalenski to look into…

You Dem's love to spin yourself into knots!!
Werewolf
For some laughs, search twitter for "Joe Biden in November"
hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Ncsufist said:

Why do we care more about other countries than our own citizens? Fix our own issues and then we can afford to worry about someone's else.
Because if the US doesn't perform this function, then someone else will fill the void like China. Do you want to live in a world where a communist country is the super power while the US shuts its borders?
Balance the trade budget with China, then tariffs them to death. They live off our money!
Tariffs are just a tax on everyone. They are a terrible idea for free market economies.
Wufskins
caryking said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

I'll answer for me. I don't think it's tied to Hamas, I think it's just plain anti America. It worked during BLM, the protesters had support of Democrats then. Now they are probably confused.

If you're Palestinian-American, Palestinian ex-pat, have Palestinian friends and family, or are just sympathetic to Palestinian government and culture having been co-opted by a terrorist regime, are you happy with the US supporting Israel and the Israeli war effort that's decimating your homeland?

And this question is for all of us - are any of us pleased with how many Palestinian civilians have been killed, or the Palestinians now living in a hellhole with little medical treatment, food, or clean water?

Israel needs to defend itself. Civilians die in war. Israel is surrounded by Muslim nations that want to extinguish the Jewish state. Israel is a bastion of Western ideals in the middle of a region that is...well, not representative of Western ideals.

But I'd be absolutely despondent if I were Palestinian, living abroad, likely seeing and hearing what friends and family are being subjected to there. Undoubtedly knowing some of those killed in the conflict so far. Seeing the devastation.

There are things to protest in this situation that are not crazy. But that has to be balanced with Israel's rights, and the benefits of supporting Israel too.

This is a copmlex situation. Nobody wins with events like October 7, and then the predictable and understandable response. We all need to be pulling for a restoration of order over there, ASAP, and as impossible as it seems, some semblance of lasting peace.
Hamas, Muslim Brotherhood have been in the Gaza region, for a long time. Where have the Pelstenians been during that time? Ask for help, from Israel to get them out. No, that didn't happen, to my knowledge.

These so-called peaceful Palestinians lived among the radical Muslims for long enough to have all those tunnels built below them. Honestly, they are extremely complicit in this issue.

To be fair, Hamas has not allowed elections since W was President. They did vote them in, but I don't know anything about that election, just know they haven't had a chance to vote them out in a long time.
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

barelypure said:

Yeah, no.

Trump was impeached because the Dems wanted a WIN! Any "IDIOT" that read the transcripts knows the impeachment was a joke. Oh, and BTW, Biden bragged about holding money if the DA (whatever they call it in Ukraine) didn't drop his investigation. And….. that was exactly what Trump was asking Zalenski to look into…

If Biden openly tried to get a foreign country to interfere in the 2024 elections y'all would be beside yourselves and calling for his head.
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

To be fair, Hamas has not allowed elections since W was President. They did vote them in, but I don't know anything about that election, just know they haven't had a chance to vote them out in a long time.

To be fair, I thought I read, that 2 out 3 Palestinians support Hamas?
Wufskins
ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

I'm not sure the children sre, but I get your point. Just trying to make a point that they haven't had another choice in a while. Would you be ok with Obama declaring no more elections in 2016?
ncsupack1
The numbers don't lie.
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

I'm not sure the children sre, but I get your point. Just trying to make a point that they haven't had another choice in a while. Would you be ok with Obama declaring no more elections in 2016?

How many protesters are currently denouncing Hamas?
Werewolf
#Sieve, this is fun!
Werewolf
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

barelypure said:

Yeah, no.

If Biden openly tried to get a foreign country to interfere in the 2024 elections y'all would be beside yourselves and calling for his head.
Oh, ok… now, we've taken the holding money up to interfering with an election…. I think the Dems should try and get another impeachment on Trump next month…
Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

The numbers don't lie.

Yeah, they do.

In totalitarian or terrorist regimes there are all sorts of disincentives to respond to that survey question any other way.
Werewolf
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Ncsufist said:

Tariffs are just a tax on everyone. They are a terrible idea for free market economies.
Sure they are. I get it! The market also sets the price on things; so, when cost get so high and trying to maintain margins pushes prices out of the market, well, businesses will start looking to change their supply side…
First Page Last Page
Page 248 of 254

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.