The Biden Administration..V3

927,208 Views | 10737 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Werewolf
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I want to bring this back up and get a perspective from someone different than me…

On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
caryking
This is for people who are less educated, like me, according to people who think they are more educated, like the one that bankrupted financial institutions, in the 2008 debacle…

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
But... according to the flaming liberal know it all the economy is "great" and we are just too stupid to realize it.

He's a guy I would not want to be around after 1/2 a sip of beer.
Civilized
caryking said:

I want to bring this back up and get a perspective from someone different than me…

Righties that obsess over trans stuff keep acting like the day was created by Biden.

The day has been around since 2009. It fell on Easter in 2013 too.

And also, who cares if it falls on Easter? Why are those two things in conflict with one another?

Can those that celebrate Easter not get to church because of the nationwide trans parades featuring miles-long float processions of candy-tossing drag queens taking place at 11 AM that morning?

TVD-Easter conflict is a huge nothing-burger concocted culture war issue the right is using for political fodder.
barelypure
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Righties that obsess over trans stuff keep acting like the day was created by Biden.

And also, who cares if it falls on Easter? Why are those two things in conflict with one another?

Can those that celebrate Easter not get to church because of the nationwide trans parades featuring miles-long float processions of candy-tossing drag queens taking place at 11 AM that morning?

TVD-Easter conflict is a huge nothing-burger concocted culture war issue the right is using for political fodder.

Both sides of the issue are painting with a mighty big brush as usual.
Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

It's such a dumb waste of breath that would not crack the top hundred things that needed the nation's collective attention last week, much less this year or this election cycle.
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

It's such a dumb waste of breath that would not crack the top hundred things that needed the nation's collective attention last week, much less this year or this election cycle.

I must not pay a lot of attention, cause I only saw it mentioned only a couple of times. The outrage and the response to the outrage is over blown. It's a election year, all sides are going to blow things out of proportion.
SmaptyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

I must not pay a lot of attention, cause I only saw it mentioned only a couple of times. The outrage and the response to the outrage is over blown. It's a election year, all sides are going to blow things out of proportion.

It's funny. I suspect people who always say "both sides" and "all sides" think that it makes them sound wise and reasonable, when it actually just reveals that they're either a low information voter or a shill trying to muddy the waters.

As a strategy Trump says insane things every day to capture the news cycle. He wants to outrage everyone and make them numb to unimaginable things. Biden doesn't do that. Conservative media fills in the gap and creates a daily string of things to be outraged about. Sorry, there isn't a "both sides" to this dynamic.
Wufskins
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Guess next year nobody will be able to make it to sunrise service because they'll all be too high.
ncsupack1
SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

It's funny. I suspect people who always say "both sides" and "all sides" think that it makes them sound wise and reasonable, when it actually just reveals that they're either a low information voter or a shill trying to muddy the waters.

As a strategy Trump says insane things every day to capture the news cycle. He wants to outrage everyone and make them numb to unimaginable things. Biden doesn't do that. Conservative media fills in the gap and creates a daily string of things to be outraged about. Sorry, there isn't a "both sides" to this dynamic.

No, I don't want to be in a cult. And right now both sides are one …it's an either with us or against us. Both are guilty of it.
barelypure
SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

"Biden doesn't do that."

Well there's 2 reasons why. 1st he very seldom holds a press conference where the questions aren't submitted ahead of time and the answers carefully crafted and then he's given the cheat sheet with the reporters name, question and answer for his response. Tho he does screw that up quite often and is a reason why he just says he can't take questions because the Leader of the Free World will get in trouble.

And 2nd, even when he does try to answer he either mumbles and jumbles or loses his thought process part way thru and nothing makes sense. He just goes you know what I mean and his handlers then come out and tell us what it was he really meant. Then the press runs with that and we are gaslighted that what we saw and heard wasn't real.

Trump OTOH can talk for hours and yeah there might be some crap mixed in but at least we know his brain is still operating at 95% efficiency. Poor Biden doesn't even know to drop his drawers before taking a dump. Just ask the Pope.
barelypure
The "Biden-Wyden-Smith" that the House has already passed and now it goes to the Senate will qualify people, including illegals, for a child tax credit even if they don't work or pay any taxes. It's nothing more than a payoff of checks sent to millions of Americans months before the election in the Democrats attempt to buy the election.
Buzzosborne
ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

No, I don't want to be in a cult. And right now both sides are one …it's an either with us or against us. Both are guilty of it.

I'm not with Biden, and I'm sure not with Harris. I sure as HELL am against traitorTrump, and if it takes reelecting Biden to keep him away from power, then that's what must be done.
ncsupack1
Buzzosborne said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

I'm not with Biden, and I'm sure not with Harris. I sure as HELL am against traitorTrump, and if it takes reelecting Biden to keep him away from power, then that's what must be done.

Good for you.
Werewolf
TheStorm
Werewolf said:

And then he blames the prices on the companies... what an idiot.
caryking
Where is this guy?

Joe Biden
WarrenPeace
Buzzosborne said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Damn. You're stupid.
Wufskins
Job growth remains plentiful at American businesses.

Employers added 303,000 jobs in March and the unemployment rate fell to 3.8%, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The total far surpasses economists' expectations of 205,000 and for the jobless rate to fall from 3.9% to 3.8%, according to FactSet consensus estimates.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/05/economy/us-jobs-report-march-final/index.html

packofwolves
Buzzosborne said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

I bet it blows your mind that many will vote for Trump just to keep Biden out of office, preventing him from further destroying this country. Voters who are so disgusted with Biden's policies, they are willing to vote Trump over Biden.
Wufskins
And in 2020, voters were so tired and disgusted from Trump's handling of Covid, repeal/replace, infrastructure week, etc that they overwhelmingly rejected the sitting President and elected Biden. And that was BEFORE Jan 6.
packofwolves
Wufskins said:

And in 2020, voters were so tired and disgusted from Trump's handling of Covid, repeal/replace, infrastructure week, etc that they overwhelmingly rejected the sitting President and elected Biden. And that was BEFORE Jan 6.

So you get it, you understand. Applies to both sides.
Wufskins
packofwolves said:

Wufskins said:

Well sure. I just don't think Trump has done anything to expand his base. He's told Haley supporters they're no longer welcome, and he's done nothing to sway independents. Biden now has a record so that could lead to some of the Indy's that voted for him in 2020 to sit out but I don't see them turning to Trump. Abortion will again be front and center and if the economy continues to rebound, I don't see the border issue being enough to sink Biden. Lastly, Trump's court cases will in the news and will keep the RNC from pumping money into his campaign and instead will be used to pay his lawyers. I don't think it will be the landslide that 2020 was, but Biden will win again imo.
caryking
Wufskins said:

packofwolves said:

Wufskins said:

Well sure. I just don't think Trump has done anything to expand his base. He's told Haley supporters they're no longer welcome, and he's done nothing to sway independents. Biden now has a record so that could lead to some of the Indy's that voted for him in 2020 to sit out but I don't see them turning to Trump. Abortion will again be front and center and if the economy continues to rebound, I don't see the border issue being enough to sink Biden. Lastly, Trump's court cases will in the news and will keep the RNC from pumping money into his campaign and instead will be used to pay his lawyers. I don't think it will be the landslide that 2020 was, but Biden will win again imo.

A couple of thoughts:

Trump increased his vote total by more than 10M (from 16 to 20)

Abortion will be part of the campaign. I wish Trump would say that the system appears to be working as the Constitution intended. Then, just let the issue make or break him.

The border and economic outlook continue to be the biggest issues, according to polling

The RNC is a different group, now that there is a change of leadership. That is something we need to see how it plays out.

Landslide? A landslide was 1980 and 1984. We haven't seen a landslide either way, since…

Joe Biden
Wufskins
caryking said:

Wufskins said:

packofwolves said:

Wufskins said:

A couple of thoughts:

Abortion will be part of the campaign. I wish Trump would say that the system appears to be working as the Constitution intended. Then, just let the issue make or break him.

The border and economic outlook continue to be the biggest issues, according to polling

The RNC is a different group, now that there is a change of leadership. That is something we need to see how it plays out.

Landslide? A landslide was 1980 and 1984. We haven't seen a landslide either way, since…

Wrt to landslide, I was just using the same wording Trump used to describe his 2016 victory. His 2016 victory got less electoral votes than Biden did in 2020.
caryking
Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

packofwolves said:

Wufskins said:

A couple of thoughts:

Wrt to landslide, I was just using the same wording Trump used to describe his 2016 victory. His 2016 victory got less electoral votes than Biden did in 2020.

Yea, I don't agree with Trumps assertion…

Joe Biden
Ground_Chuck
Wufskins said:

Job growth remains plentiful at American businesses.

Employers added 303,000 jobs in March and the unemployment rate fell to 3.8%, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The total far surpasses economists' expectations of 205,000 and for the jobless rate to fall from 3.9% to 3.8%, according to FactSet consensus estimates.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/05/economy/us-jobs-report-march-final/index.html

US economy continues to be very strong and continues to outpace other economies around the world.
barelypure
Of course it does. The world economy mirrors our own, with a little lag time. When things are good here they're good in most other places. Same when they're bad. That doesn't negate the fact that prices are still outpacing wages. Or the historical (or even hysterical) increase in prices since Biden became President.

Then there's the view that 60% are living paycheck to paycheck with less than $1000 as an emergency fund. Add to that housing prices being out of reach for most people that's also hampered by high interest rates. That by itself rings the death knell for the American Dream.

No perception is reality for these people and if they're suffering come November a lot of them will vote with their pocketbook, thinking back to the halcyon days of Trump.
Wufskins
barelypure said:

Of course it does. The world economy mirrors our own, with a little lag time. When things are good here they're good in most other places. Same when they're bad. That doesn't negate the fact that prices are still outpacing wages. Or the historical (or even hysterical) increase in prices since Biden became President.

Then there's the view that 60% are living paycheck to paycheck with less than $1000 as an emergency fund. Add to that housing prices being out of reach for most people that's also hampered by high interest rates. That by itself rings the death knell for the American Dream.

No perception is reality for these people and if they're suffering come November a lot of them will vote with their pocketbook, thinking back to the halcyon days of Trump.

As I am sure you are aware, all of that isn't because of Biden policies. They will be wise to hammer that home in the fall.
Civilized
barelypure said:

Clearly they are just blocking from their memory the period from early 2020 until Trump left office when COVID hit and unemployment spiked from sub-4% to over 14%, or the period from 2018 until COVID hit when southern border crossings were at over 200% what they were 18 months prior. Trump got lucky we shut down for COVID or else he'd be getting blamed for leaving Biden an immigration poopoo platter on his way out of office.

That's their prerogative to ignore those things, and many voters will either know them and not care; have forgotten them; or never knew them in the first place, but the end of Trump's term was not the magic carpet ride people make it out to be from either economic or immigration standpoints.
caryking
Civilized said:

barelypure said:

Clearly they are just blocking from their memory the period from early 2020 until Trump left office when COVID hit and unemployment spiked from sub-4% to over 14%, or the period from 2018 until COVID hit when southern border crossings were at over 200% what they were 18 months prior. Trump got lucky we shut down for COVID or else he'd be getting blamed for leaving Biden an immigration poopoo platter on his way out of office.

That's their prerogative to ignore those things, and many voters will either know them and not care; have forgotten them; or never knew them in the first place, but the end of Trump's term was not the magic carpet ride people make it out to be from either economic or immigration standpoints.

Civ, listen, I don't care who the President is; however, they have a responsibility to keep the US sovereign. So, who really cares about how bad it has been, for the last (hell, I'll say it) 40 years.

We need to stop the influx of illegal immigrants into this country, regardless of the Presidency. We have people, siting on porches, be called out for collecting welfare, when they really want to work, for a decent wage. That decent wage has been decimated by illegals!

Let's just fix the problem. The House passed HB2 several months ago and the Senate wouldn't pick it up and start the negotiations. This was well before the Senate bill that encompassed other spending. Let's be real, if the Dems wanted to fix the problem, they would have taken HB2 and negotiated things they wanted, regarding immigration.

No, instead of that, they did exactly what Republicans do when the shoe is on the other foot. It appears no one wants to fix this horrible problem!

Joe Biden
barelypure
The criminal acts by some illegals is bringing the problem into the forefront. Then DAs allowing them to walk will only galvanize voters. Immigration is 1 of the top problems behind the economy and crime that voters will be making their minds on who to vote for.

The FDA has a problem on how ****es-whatever was approved. That's going to give SCOTUS some heartburn but in the end I think they'll allow the abortion drug to stand. If abortion is taken off the board then that lessens its impact and falls further down the list of voter concerns.

We need E-Verify nationwide for all employers. Remove the jobs magnet and that does more than the wall in slowing down the illegals.

Any illegal convicted of a crime should be deported after serving any time. Any illegal that has been previously deported shouldn't get an asylum hearing but be deported immediately.

Cities/'states need to stop paying illegals, providing shelter or food. If they can't support themselves then they don't need to be here. You can't have open borders and an open welfare system. That only serves to bankrupt the country.
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

barelypure said:

Civ, listen, I don't care who the President is; however, they have a responsibility to keep the US sovereign. So, who really cares about how bad it has been, for the last (hell, I'll say it) 40 years.

We need to stop the influx of illegal immigrants into this country, regardless of the Presidency. We have people, siting on porches, be called out for collecting welfare, when they really want to work, for a decent wage. That decent wage has been decimated by illegals!

Let's just fix the problem. The House passed HB2 several months ago and the Senate wouldn't pick it up and start the negotiations. This was well before the Senate bill that encompassed other spending. Let's be real, if the Dems wanted to fix the problem, they would have taken HB2 and negotiated things they wanted, regarding immigration.

No, instead of that, they did exactly what Republicans do when the shoe is on the other foot. It appears no one wants to fix this horrible problem!

A bipartisan immigration bill just got torpedoed so that Trump and other Republicans up for election in 2024 can continue catastrophizing the problem to their electoral benefit.

There's no one bill that will fix the problem. We need to accept incremental, bipartisan solutions that are improvements to what we have, and then keep grinding on the problem and creating new, better legislation that improves upon that.
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

barelypure said:

A bipartisan immigration bill just got torpedoed so that Trump and other Republicans up for election in 2024 can continue catastrophizing the problem to their electoral benefit.

There's no one bill that will fix the problem. We need to accept incremental, bipartisan solutions that are improvements to what we have, and then keep grinding on the problem and creating new, better legislation that improves upon that.
Again Civ... that bill you are referring too is well after HB2, passed by the house. Why in the world would the Senate not negotiate that bill?

Joe Biden
First Page Last Page
Page 220 of 307

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.