Tired of Censorship by Twitter - Try an Alternative Platform

23,718 Views | 302 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Werewolf
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

BBW12OG said:

Watch and see how the "accepting" left reacts. So many have said they would leave Twitter if Musk took over.

These are the same clowns that said they'd leave if President Trump was elected.....

Besides hypocrisy if the left couldn't claim to be victims at every turn they would never have anything to say.
I agree with you BBW on this point. It's fascinating that the guy who is really trying to help move away from fossil fuels and into "green energy" would be applauded by these fools, as well as being a champion for free speech. I find that part extremely fascinating in that the left and right coast media who are the majority on twitter these days really are the ones complaining the loudest about what Musk wants to do.

It's fascinating to watch the hyperbole and hand wringing for sure.

Musk certainly believes in his Tesla product; however, he also realizes that he is in on the ground floor of a "potential" change in energy, for us. He also has stated the need for gas production in the US. So, for that, I appreciate his thinking.

My problem with Musk is his other endeavors around Trans-Humanism. Also, just another oligarch running a major platform of technology.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Manny Sanguine
caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

BBW12OG said:

Watch and see how the "accepting" left reacts. So many have said they would leave Twitter if Musk took over.

These are the same clowns that said they'd leave if President Trump was elected.....

Besides hypocrisy if the left couldn't claim to be victims at every turn they would never have anything to say.
Twitter isn't making money. Hopefully, someone will create an operating structure that supports the stock value!!!

Has that always been the case, or did that start happening about the time of censorship?

A quick P&L look shows they started losing money in 2018
I think that's backwards. According the the wikipedia page for Twitter (with references to the annual reports), Twitter first became profitable in 2018. They were also profitable in 2019 and 2021.

Their EBIT shows a negative for 2021. They have so many line items in their financials, it's really hard to determine the truth… in other words, past my financial knowledge. Public financials can make it difficult for my simple mind..

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/TWTR/financials?p=TWTR

You're correct about 2021. Twitter was profitable in 2018 and 2019 but showed losses in 2020 and 2021. Apologies for the error.
PackFansXL
The deal is done. Let's see what Musk does with his new toy now.
Werewolf
PackFansXL said:

The deal is done. Let's see what Musk does with his new toy now.
I think he's a trojan horse........but not sure how........I don't trust him........but we'll see.
caryking
This says it all…

Anybody want to know what am elite is? The post says it all that Tim Pool retweeted!

Joe Biden
PackFansXL
caryking said:

This says it all…

Anybody want to know what am elite is? The post says it all that Tim Pool retweeted!
Hey Richard, Bill Gates doesn't have any college degree, but we both know you would trust him to lead Twitter.
caryking
PackFansXL said:

caryking said:

This says it all…

Hey Richard, Bill Gates doesn't have any college degree, but we both know you would trust him to lead Twitter.

Add in Michael Dell, Larry Ellison (Oracle), Steve Jobs, and many more…. That's a lot of tech without degrees!!!

Joe Biden
Werewolf

Steve Videtich
caryking said:

This says it all…

Dick is another one of those really wise people that study things for a living, but have little to no real world experience.
Werewolf
Blackrock and Vanguard both own quite a bit of Tesla stock in addition to Twitter stock. I don't trust Elon Musk in this deal to buy and save Twitter. Everyone should simply move to Gettr, Truth Social and CloutHub.
hokiewolf
caryking said:

This says it all…

You have a typo in your post
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
caryking
caryking said:

This says it all…

Anybody want to know what an elite is? The post says it all that Tim Pool retweeted!

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
Cary, hope you got the joke
BBW12OG
Here is the left in a nutshell... Chief Legal Analyst for MSNBC complaining that with Musk in charge of Twitter instead of the far left radicals he could allow political thoughts, opinions and ideas that don't goose step in line with the MARXIST REGIME that currently is in power.

You lefties really are something else.....

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
hokiewolf said:

I'm assuming you're resending me pointing at myself for being an elite? If so, very good…. I earned it!

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
Wonder what changed??? Straight out of "1984."

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Werewolf
Ivermectin is trending on Twitter!! Imagine that....
hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

I'm assuming you're resending me pointing at myself for being an elite? If so, very good…. I earned it!
No, the joke was that I'm pointing out a typo on your post as an elitist!
PackFansXL
https://babylonbee.com/news/musks-twitter-purchase-fails-after-138000-board-votes-found-overnight

Quote:

SAN FRANCISCO, CA Elon Musk's bid to purchase Twitter came up short after 138,000 board votes were found at 2 a.m., a company spokesman confirmed Tuesday. Musk had been in talks to purchase the company for $44 billion.

"We really thought Musk was going to pull this one out," said Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal. "The yes votes had a strong lead when I went to bed last night, but that was before we counted all the mail-in votes that one of our employees found in locker 142 at the bus terminal."

When the final votes were tallied, the takeover bid failed by a final tally of 10 votes for, 138,000 votes against. While the final result came as a shock to most observers, Agrawal said the election was fair. "Twitter takes election integrity very seriously," he noted. "I can confidently say this was the most secure election in American history."

A shocked Musk took to Twitter Tuesday to express his outrage. "Those ballots…that's a whole big scam," Musk tweeted. "The only way I could have lost is if this was rigged! I refuse to accept the results of this vote!"

Musk later tweeted that he was planning a demonstration at Twitter headquarters on May 6 to protest the results. His account was then permanently suspended by Twitter for questioning the integrity of the election.
packofwolves
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/fcc-commissioner-shoots-down-absurd-claim-that-the-federal-government-can-block-musks-twitter-purchase

Left is getting desperate.
BBW12OG
packofwolves said:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/fcc-commissioner-shoots-down-absurd-claim-that-the-federal-government-can-block-musks-twitter-purchase

Were they not adamantly against changing Title 230 months ago when the lefties controlled Twitter?

Just asking...

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/30/865813960/as-trump-targets-twitters-legal-shield-experts-have-a-warning
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

packofwolves said:

Were they not adamantly against changing Title 230 months ago when the lefties controlled Twitter?

Just asking...

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/30/865813960/as-trump-targets-twitters-legal-shield-experts-have-a-warning
Not any more because they have lost their full control. Obama's speech last week about media disinformation in general was a like a eulogy for the stronghold the left maintained on news and media that has slipped away. Dude was even waxing poetic about the fairness doctrine.

You guys complain about media bias, but you do realize you've won the battle? When the most popular politician of the democratic party is making his post Presidency priority "media disinformation" the battle is won.
Werewolf
Antennas up!!! Do NOT trust Elon Musk; he's part of the club. All to head off Truth Social and to push entirety of social platform control by GOVT

Watch for a reform of Section 230 and a nationalization of censorship policies all in the name of COVID misinformation.
BBW12OG
How about this one.... Peppermint Patty claims she has no information about the "Information Czar" position!! What the actual hell is going on????

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
TheStorm
BBW12OG said:

How about this one.... Peppermint Patty claims she has no information about the "Information Czar" position!! What the actual hell is going on????

Let. Me. Guess.

Another cockamamie right wing conspiracy theory?
hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

Trying to project that the Obama confidence
BBW12OG
No.... just typical lefty....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
Same same
BBW12OG
Here is the "Minister of Truth."

Are you lefties really proud of this? And some of you that hated President Trump so much you opted for this type of leadership...... very telling.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
TheStorm
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/elon-musk-aoc-stop-hitting-on-me-twitter-purchase

The most amazing thing to me about this, is that they really believe themselves when they say this crazy stuff. It's delusional.

They are 100% confined within an echo chamber.
caryking
TheStorm said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/elon-musk-aoc-stop-hitting-on-me-twitter-purchase

The most amazing thing to me about this, is that they really believe themselves when they say this crazy stuff. It's delusional.

They are 100% confined within an echo chamber.

I don't believe in echo chambers! I believe they are just dumb as hell!!!

Joe Biden
caryking
Best advise given…. Only people that know how a deal is done will get this…

https://gettr.com/post/p17vmw7a903

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
And here we go.... this has been the end game for them since Sleepy Joe took the position of puppet of the MARXIST PARTY.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
caryking said:

That's great advice if you want to trigger a class action lawsuit. I'm sure Bannon wants this to happen because he's probably invested in Truth Social and Musk taking over Twitter has the chance to tank that platform.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

That's great advice if you want to trigger a class action lawsuit. I'm sure Bannon wants this to happen because he's probably invested in Truth Social and Musk taking over Twitter has the chance to tank that platform.
Bannon isn't on Twitter and has never been on Twitter. The Warroom Twitter ID was not used by him; rather, by Jack Maxie for putting out information from the "Laptop from Hell"

Hokie, as I said... "Only people that know how a deal is done will get this…". You probably shouldn't have commented, as you don't know what you're talking about.

Joe Biden

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.