Tired of Censorship by Twitter - Try an Alternative Platform

23,715 Views | 302 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Werewolf
FlossyDFlynt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wayland said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Wayland said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

And there it is

I think, in a weird way, this is good.
It is very good. I hope he succeeds in the purchase.

Elon is an odd duck, but he is one of the good guys.
Elon is odd, but he isnt stupid. The outright offer was a pretty cunning move. If the board reject it, do the shareholders revolt? The offer is roughly 9 dollars above yesterday's closing price. I'm fascinated to see where this goes.

I have enjoyed any long form interview I have seen with him. He is definitely the least evil of the mega-rich.

I mean, would I feel the same way if it was Gates or Bezos trying to take over Twitter? Hell, no. Those dudes are super villains.

I think Elon is doing this because he is actually miffed at big tech. He has so much money that I really don't think he cares if he takes a loss on this.

Big tech social has become polluted and he is taking it personally.

BTW - The Elon memes have been great today.

Elon is one of those people I love listening to. His brain just functions way differently than mine and listening to him explain things is really eye opening for me.

The blue check marks losing their minds over this are showing their true colors today. Its been quite entertaining to watch.
Steve Williams
Staff
I've not spent much time looking at it but did the Babylon Bee banning push Elon over the edge with Twitter?
Wayland
Steve Williams said:

I've not spent much time looking at it but did the Babylon Bee banning push Elon over the edge with Twitter?

It looks that way as crazy as it seems.

EDIT: Throwback to December when Elon did a podcast with the Bee.

Werewolf
We each have a responsibility to inform ourselves as registered voters. Incredibility devoted to a number of children still at home or in school I voted for this criminal in 2008. Uninformed I was then and as I see many of you here today. Your federal government is not as you perceive it.
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Werewolf
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Steve Videtich
Werewolf said:

Wonder how much of that is US tax dollars?
caryking
Steve Videtich said:

Werewolf said:

Yep, it's all from pensions, 401k's, and peoples investments. Remember, these companies exist on other peoples money.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Steve Videtich
caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

Werewolf said:

Yep, it's all from pensions, 401k's, and peoples investments. Remember, these companies exist on other peoples money.

I read somewhere or listened somewhere about these companies getting a lot of their investment money from interest free government loans. So now we're paying to protect censorship?
FlossyDFlynt

Get the popcorn, this is going to be fun.

I sure hope the board has good lawyers, cause they are about to be flooded with lawsuits
caryking
FlossyDFlynt said:

I sure hope the board has good lawyers, cause they are about to be flooded with lawsuits
Good! Musk had a very good offer. I know they don't have to take his offer; however, if they don't show a just reason, you're right. The lawsuits will be coming…

Joe Biden
FlossyDFlynt
caryking said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Good! Musk had a very good offer. I know they don't have to take his offer; however, if they don't show a just reason, you're right. The lawsuits will be coming…
The board still has a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders. Diluting the market with more shares is certainly going to piss off a few of them.

The reason I said Musk's offer was so cunning was that it was for cash, not something that could be rolled over like into another stock. You cant argue the shares are diluted/overpriced/etc when the offer is for cash. It leaves Twitter with a lot less wiggle room to say no. Not only that, he offered significantly over its current value. From a business perspective, there is no reason on the face of it to turn down the offer.

I realize they are going to fight this, but I think they are trying to ice skate up a frozen hill at this point
BBW12OG
Censorship exists on every media platform. All it takes is a "few" feckless crybabies to complain, owners who lean left, i.e. PP, and poof, the voices are silenced.

Orwell gave the left the playbook on how to transform America into the MARXIST dream that they so dearly sought for during FDR's reign as King. He almost succeeded. Every since then the left has fought tirelessly to turn this country into the single party liberal society they so long for.

Good luck with that.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Manny Sanguine
Werewolf said:

We each have a responsibility to inform ourselves as registered voters. Incredibility devoted to a number of children still at home or in school I voted for this criminal in 2008. Uninformed I was then and as I see many of you here today. Your federal government is not as you perceive it.

To help you as you engage in your responsibility to inform yourself as a registered voter, may I provide some facts?

• The style of ID card presented here was intruduced at Columbia University in 1996. (Reference.)
  • Barak Obama graduated from Columbia in 1983.
  • An ID card matching the image you shared, and having the same ID number, was posted to a blog by a Columbia student named Thomas Lugert in 1998. The blog is archived here.

In short, the image you shared has been proven as a forgery for at least ten years.

I hope you enjoy being a more fully informed registered voter and share this information with others you know who might benefit.
caryking
Manny Sanguine said:

Werewolf said:

To help you as you engage in your responsibility to inform yourself as a registered voter, may I provide some facts?

• The style of ID card presented here was intruduced at Columbia University in 1996. (Reference.)
  • An ID card matching the image you shared, and having the same ID number, was posted to a blog by a Columbia student named Thomas Lugert in 1998. The blog is archived here.

In short, the image you shared has been proven as a forgery for at least ten years.

I hope you enjoy being a more fully informed registered voter and share this information with others you know who might benefit.

Who in the hell is this Manny character? This is the first time a liberal (I presume) has written a coherent post with their own fact checking!

Kudos to you Manny…

Joe Biden
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Yup, fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders is a serious matter and this might be a breach.
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Yup, fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders is a serious matter and this might be a breach.

If they actually issue more shares, that becomes dilutive to all share holders. That would be a huge mistake!!!

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

If they actually issue more shares, that becomes dilutive to all share holders. That would be a huge mistake!!!
It's the perfect scenario for Musk.... if they employ the "poison pill" it is basic economics. They flood the market with watered down shares, the price drops exponentially, the share holders lose their ass but... the lefties get to maintain control over what content is allowed.

If they sell to Musk, the lefties and their ilk whine, cry, scream at the sky and play the victim card that they know so well.

Either way... twitter is about as screwed as they can be. They bow down to the MARXIST movement that many on here follow or they blow up the company and destroy the investments of millions. Including the Sheik in Saudi Arabia... you know lefties.. the bastion of free speech?

There is no hypocrisy bigger than the MARXIST PARTY in the United States...
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
griff17matt
caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

They will, and should, get their asses sued off. It'll be the biggest class action lawsuit this country has ever seen.
Werewolf
more forgeries, per this site's fact checker......LOL
TheStorm
caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

Werewolf said:

Who in the hell is this Manny character? This is the first time a liberal (I presume) has written a coherent post with their own fact checking!

Kudos to you Manny…
I think he was the catcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates way back when I was a kid...
caryking
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

Werewolf said:

Kudos to you Manny…
I think he was the catcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates way back when I was a kid...
I guess this thread will have to replace the Biden admin thread… censorship is here, just like Twitter.

Joe Biden
TheStorm
The problem there is that those that were the instigators got their way!
Manny Sanguine
Werewolf said:

more forgeries, per this site's fact checker......LOL

I see no reason to think that the documents you posted are forgeries. In particular, I see no reason to not accept the birth certificate showing:
  • Barak Hussein Obama II was born in Honolulu, Hawaii (USA) on August 4, 1961.
  • His father, Barak Hussein Obama, was a student who was born in Kenya.
caryking
TheStorm said:

The problem there is that those that were the instigators got their way!

It certainly appears so…

Joe Biden
Steve Videtich
If this is the new Biden thread, then so be it. The fact that the old one was locked is total bull***** Political talk is no different than sports talk on this board. Things get personal there as well. Are lines crossed from time to time, yes. Get over yourselves people!

I've learned so much from these discussions. I've learned from everyone on these boards. I don't have to agree with everybody, but I've learned to listen before passing judgement. If you don't agree with somebody, or think somebody's an idiot, use the IGNORE feature, that's what it's for.

To James and Steve, I'm sorry, but you have a problem with some of your part time moderators on this board. They are not regular contributors in these political threads. So, they pop in, don't like what they see, and then come crying to you about things. They themselves have attacked posters, said really inflammatory things, and then cry about it to you guys. Sometimes the messenger is the problem, not the problem itself.

In the Biden thread, we had about 10 regular contributors. I thought everyone policed themselves fairly well. The problem was a result of the pop in people. Drop in in the middle of something, don't like what's said, and complain. But, just like the real world, the whiny few have to get their way.

I'm sorry for the rant, but I'm still pissed about the Biden thread being locked. All because of thin skin and ****ty attitudes by a few. If this is the new thread, fine. Leave your panties at the door and learn to use the IGNORE feature!

caryking
Hear hear…

Joe Biden
packofwolves
Completely agree with you Steve. Total bull regarding locking the Biden thread. Use ignore folks if you don't like a poster.
Steve Videtich
I see an attempt at Biden 2.0 already got shut down. Very sad...
PackFansXL
I honestly didn't see anything posted that deserved the response taken by a couple of posters in the Biden thread. Was something deleted before the thread was locked?
BBW12OG
PackFansXL said:

I honestly didn't see anything posted that deserved the response taken by a couple of posters in the Biden thread. Was something deleted before the thread was locked?
No. A certain poster/mod has an axe to grind with me. He falsely accused me of insulting his wife which never happened. He also is a far left liberal that can't stand it when the facts are presented to him. He rarely ever posts but as soon as I was released he pops in and gets a thread locked. He did the same thing before. Cried, whined and complained constantly to everyone that would listen.

That's what happened. That's all I will say about it from here on out.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
TheStorm
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Manny Sanguine said:

Werewolf said:

Kudos to you Manny…
Nope. Last name (Sanguillen) is spelled differently.
Packchem91
I don't know if this is where post about Biden now or not....but I found this interesting (and surprising).

Joe Biden's numbers are collapsing among a group you really wouldn't expect - CNNPolitics

I hate Chris Cillizza with a passion -- I think he is one of the worst of the new wave of media henchmen who have made things so bad within the media these days....but I guess even he couldn't ignore how bad the support has gotten for Biden.
BBW12OG
Packchem91 said:

I don't know if this is where post about Biden now or not....but I found this interesting (and surprising).

Joe Biden's numbers are collapsing among a group you really wouldn't expect - CNNPolitics

I hate Chris Cillizza with a passion -- I think he is one of the worst of the new wave of media henchmen who have made things so bad within the media these days....but I guess even he couldn't ignore how bad the support has gotten for Biden.
Wait until August when he suddenly erases "student loan debt.."

This joke of an administration that many on here voted for and still support is exactly what the GOP needed. I said it a year or more ago... when the left gets absolute power like they have now they absolutely show just how bad their policies are.

MARXISM is putting it mildly on what this clown show envisions for the country. And anyone that supports them are MARXISTS. Own it.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

Wait until August when he suddenly erases "student loan debt.."

This joke of an administration that many on here voted for and still support is exactly what the GOP needed. I said it a year or more ago... when the left gets absolute power like they have now they absolutely show just how bad their policies are.

MARXISM is putting it mildly on what this clown show envisions for the country. And anyone that supports them are MARXISTS. Own it.
I actually don't know if Marxism is the correct description or not. To me, this is more Authoritarianism or Elitism. These people believe that a select few should make the decision for the masses. Honestly, if you read about the WEF, this should resemble what we have in our country…

Joe Biden
Werewolf
I'm a Russian agent!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.