Tired of Censorship by Twitter - Try an Alternative Platform

23,406 Views | 302 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Werewolf
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://stateofsocialmedia.retalk.com/best-alternatives-to-twitter-2022

This article reviews a few alternatives for center to right leaning folks. They do a good job of providing Pros and Cons in the body of the piece. Their summary is pasted below.
Quote:

1. Gettr - Fast, well designed, and growing quickly. The current number one microblogging alternative for conservatives and libertarians.
2. Retalk - The new kid on the block. Retalk offers blog hosting, community building, intelligent discussion in a single platform, and friendly volunteer moderators for center-right people looking to escape the toxicity of the social media flame wars.
3. Minds - Innovative, eye-catching, and light on censorship, Minds offers a haven for users seeking an escape from Twitter's left-leaning bias.
4. Parler - Microblogging for conservatives. Parler is an excellent alternative for Twitter users seeking a community of like-minded people.
5. Mastodon - Decentralized network with reliable tools and a selection of tools that encourages diversity.

Mormad
IPS
caryking
PackFansXL said:

https://stateofsocialmedia.retalk.com/best-alternatives-to-twitter-2022

This article reviews a few alternatives for center to right leaning folks. They do a good job of providing Pros and Cons in the body of the piece. Their summary is pasted below.
Quote:

1. Gettr - Fast, well designed, and growing quickly. The current number one microblogging alternative for conservatives and libertarians.
2. Retalk - The new kid on the block. Retalk offers blog hosting, community building, intelligent discussion in a single platform, and friendly volunteer moderators for center-right people looking to escape the toxicity of the social media flame wars.
3. Minds - Innovative, eye-catching, and light on censorship, Minds offers a haven for users seeking an escape from Twitter's left-leaning bias.
4. Parler - Microblogging for conservatives. Parler is an excellent alternative for Twitter users seeking a community of like-minded people.
5. Mastodon - Decentralized network with reliable tools and a selection of tools that encourages diversity.

I'm on Gettr because some of the best thinkers are there. I'm waiting on Truth Social because Trump will bring 100M on his own.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Werewolf
Clouthub, Daily107, Telegram and the new Truth Social too.
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Oldsouljer
I use MeWe in place of Facebook, look forward to trying out a Twitter alternative.
Steve Williams
Staff
Was really surprised the Bee got shut down.
PackFansXL
National Review Link
Quote:

Quote:

Twitter's demands inherently demand ideological surrender, Dillon said. Rather than remove the tweet themselves, Twitter makes you "bend the knee and admit wrongdoing by deleting the Tweet," he said. Dillon noted that the alleged offender must literally "check a box" to agree that they renounce the flagged content in order to liberate their account.

"It's not just that expressing these views is not allowed, you have to deny that you meant it. They want you to concede something. They're forcing you to grovel and adopt an ideological position that you don't actually hold," he added.

In the meantime, the Bee will pursue the appeal process with Twitter. Under the platform's disciplinary protocol, the Bee's account has only technically been locked, rather than suspended or permanently banned. So Twitter is giving the Bee an option to get out of jail, but that would require compromising its values, Dillon said.

"The problem is social media networks are increasing adopting this stance that satire can be hateful depending on the target audience," Dillon said.

Oldsouljer
Steve Williams said:

It's all out war now.
Steve Videtich
Steve Williams said:

I guess sarcasm is considered misinformation.
PackFansXL
Elon Musk Becomes Largest Twitter Shareholder

Quote:

"Free speech is essential to a functioning democracy. Do you believe Twitter rigorously adheres to this principle?" Musk asked. "The consequences of this poll will be important. Please vote carefully."

With over 2 million votes cast on Twitter, over 70 percent responded "no."

"Given that Twitter serves as the de facto public town square, failing to adhere to free speech principles fundamentally undermines democracy. What should be done?" Musk asked in a series of follow-up tweets on March 26. "Is a new platform needed?"
Looks like he plans to fix it from within. Good luck, Elon!
hokiewolf
PackFansXL said:

Quote:

"Free speech is essential to a functioning democracy. Do you believe Twitter rigorously adheres to this principle?" Musk asked. "The consequences of this poll will be important. Please vote carefully."

"Given that Twitter serves as the de facto public town square, failing to adhere to free speech principles fundamentally undermines democracy. What should be done?" Musk asked in a series of follow-up tweets on March 26. "Is a new platform needed?"
I think he's going to outright buy twitter.
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

I think he's going to outright buy twitter.

Heard this discussed over the weekend.
Werewolf
Right off of twitter............NOT.

Werewolf
Last week, Elon Musk ran a poll on Twitter asking if you thought Twitter adhered to the concept of free speech. He asked people to vote carefully because there would be consequences when he gets the results.

After 70% voted no, Elon kept his promise. As of this morning, he is now the largest shareholder of Twitter, owning four times the stock as Jack.

But this:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/twitter-shares-jump-26-after-elon-musk-takes-92-passive-stake
Werewolf

This was not pulled from Twitter. When the California #'s are released, that will show greater fraud. YES, California. Devolution allows for the full legal Constitution effort to be exhausted before the Military steps in. Now, in the event, of a national security crisis (i.e. Cuban Missile type event) the military might step in prior to exhaustion of the process.
Werewolf
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/04/exclusive-democrats-implicated-georgia-ballot-traffickers-using-democrat-officials-offices-stopping-points-ballot-drop-runs/

"Georgia ballot trafficking" article not covered by tweeter.

California fraud is going to total around 1.5 million. while Texas fraud at around 970,000......neither covered by Twitter.
Werewolf
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/03/just-arizona-attorney-general-mark-brnovich-refers-criminal-action-az-secretary-state-katie-hobbs-election-crimes/?fbclid=IwAR1N0Enh0PlB49NGuwS-4FRqg7h4292n5WVnuYd5LS2FBzZPfUdD94E7OIA

Arizona election fraud news. Our country was stolen and is now openly captured. When JFK was assassinated. It was essentially stolen - but the captured aspect was discreetly maintained.

Twitter would not allow this statement.......nor would FB.
Werewolf
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/03/pennsylvania-video-shows-ballot-trafficker-dumping-handfuls-ballots-ballot-drop-box-montgomery-county-video-shows-100-people-dropping-1-ballot-drop-box-just/

Twitter not allowing this coverage either........Pennsylvania
Werewolf
More voters than registered? How can it be........

Twitter and Facebook blocks this and censors those who post it.
caryking
Someone with a more astute understanding of active vs passive (Publicly Traded Companies) shareholders, please chime in on this article...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/musk-refiles-twitter-disclosure-to-show-he-s-an-active-investor/ar-AAVTQgR

Why would Musk change his status as active?

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
caryking said:

Someone with a more astute understanding of active vs passive (Publicly Traded Companies) shareholders, please chime in on this article...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/musk-refiles-twitter-disclosure-to-show-he-s-an-active-investor/ar-AAVTQgR

Because he's going to take over the company
Werewolf
Also; Putin is on record speculating that Elon M is a trojan horse in regards to "Trump". Most 'truthers' believe Musk is a 'white hat'...Putin suggests otherwise.....essentially a Deep State guy.
statefan91
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Because he's going to take over the company
This seems to indicate that he can't:

Quote:

"The board appointment ends the possibility of Musk mounting a takeover of Twitter, capping his ownership at 14.9% during his time on the panel, according to an earlier filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Tuesday. His ownership stake makes him Twitter's biggest stockholder.

Werewolf
true....he'll need a few allies.
caryking
Werewolf said:

true....he'll need a few allies.
Companies like BlackRock, Vanguard, etc have over 30% ownership. These companies may work together to challenge Musk. That said, why would they? They all just made a lot of money when Musk bought in.

Joe Biden
wolf howl
Musk has a long history of pumping up stocks/crypto to dump them after he's made his money. So, if I'm betting, there's a very self-serving reason he did what he did.

On the other hand, if he did it because he actually cared about freedom of speech for ALL, then awesome job, he just did in one transaction what the entirety of DC could not do in a lifetime if we waited.
PackFansXL
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/elon-musk-rejects-offer-to-join-twitter-board-fueling-hostile-takeover-speculation/

Quote:

"Elon Musk has decided not to join our board," Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal confirmed in a statement Sunday night.

The Tesla and SpaceX CEO became Twitter's largest shareholder last week when he bought a 9.2-percent stake in the company, valued at $2.9 billion. As a member of Twitter's board, Musk would be barred from buying more than 15 percent of the company. HIs refusal to join the board has prompted speculation that he plans to buy a larger stake in the company and leverage it to bend the company's content-moderation policies in a more liberal direction.

"Hostile takeover inbound," Austen Allred, CEO Bloom Institute of Technology, wrote on Twitter. "My read of this: (I'm guessing). 1. Twitter board wakes up to realize Elon owns 9% of the company. There's a path to him taking over. 2. Offers a board seat contingent upon him not buying too many shares. Try to contain. 3. Negotiations break down on term details. 4. ???"

Hmmm
hokiewolf
And there it is

Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
caryking
hokiewolf said:

And there it is

I think, in a weird way, this is good.

Joe Biden
Wayland
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

And there it is

It is very good. I hope he succeeds in the purchase.

Elon is an odd duck, but he is one of the good guys.
griff17matt
Wayland said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

And there it is

My concern is how much time does he actually have to run like 4 companies? Space-X, Starlink, Tesla, Twitter, not to mention the Boring Co and neuralink stuff he's trying to get started too. At some point they all start to suffer from divided attention, right?

Also, buying Twitter for essentially 50 billion seems...cheap?
FlossyDFlynt
Wayland said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

And there it is

Elon is odd, but he isnt stupid. The outright offer was a pretty cunning move. If the board reject it, do the shareholders revolt? The offer is roughly 9 dollars above yesterday's closing price. I'm fascinated to see where this goes.
ncsualum05
None of the twitter alternatives matter as long as they have servers operating on AWS or Google. As long as big tech owns the infrastructure than platforms can be shut down and censored. See Parler last year.

Until Web 3 decentralized social media receives adoption that's the closest thing we will get to a truly uncensored internet. And for anyone that doesn't know what I'm talking about... there is nothing major yet but it is coming.
Wayland
FlossyDFlynt said:

Wayland said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

And there it is

Elon is odd, but he isnt stupid. The outright offer was a pretty cunning move. If the board reject it, do the shareholders revolt? The offer is roughly 9 dollars above yesterday's closing price. I'm fascinated to see where this goes.

I have enjoyed any long form interview I have seen with him. He is definitely the least evil of the mega-rich.

I mean, would I feel the same way if it was Gates or Bezos trying to take over Twitter? Hell, no. Those dudes are super villains.

I think Elon is doing this because he is actually miffed at big tech. He has so much money that I really don't think he cares if he takes a loss on this.

Big tech social has become polluted and he is taking it personally.

BTW - The Elon memes have been great today.
BP Cox
Staff
Elon involving "420" in his rate...of course he did lol.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.