Favorite Recipes: Grill, Stovetop, Oven, etc....Share Them Here

19,306 Views | 166 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FlossyDFlynt
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you, iwe.

I love oyster stew. My 83 year old dad and one of my daughters do as well. I fixed two quarts of this today - one for us and one I'm taking to my dad tomorrow. It's a simple recipe that I got from a long time friend who happens to be 4th generation Manteo native. This is a recipe that will serve two, portion wise.

Ingredients:
-1 Pint Oysters, shucked (reserve the liquid/juice)
-Enough water to cover
-1 Stick of Butter
-1/2 cup - 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
-Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
In a medium saucepan add oysters, reserved oyster liquid, butter and just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat. Add heavy cream and salt and pepper. Stir repetitively while simmering for 2 minutes. Allow to sit for a few minutes to thicken. Stir well and serve with oyster crackers or saltines. Yields two servings.
Bell Tower Grey
Hey, mormad, from the grilling thread:

Mormad
In reply to Bell Tower Grey 11:30p, 2/6/21

Is that yeast rolls recipe available? They look really really nice.

Well, it took a lot of persuasion, plus $500 for her birthday yesterday, but my daughter said I could share her yeast roll recipe. It's in her handwriting, from her recipe book. Hope you can decipher it, and I hope everyone that might try this recipe enjoys these rolls as much as we, and the folks that have bought them from her, do.

Bell Tower Grey
We had dinner with my sister and her husband last night. He fixed this Honey Dijon Bourbon Pork Tenderloin on the grill, and it was wonderful. I got the recipe from him and plan to fix one for us one night next week.

He put the tenderloin in this marinade overnight:

• 1/4 cup bourbon
  • 1/4 cup cider vinegar
  • 1/8 cup honey
  • 1/8 cup olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons grainy dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

He poked the tenderloin with a tenderizing tool, then put the meat into the marinade ovenight.

To grill, he got the grill temp up to 525, place the meat on and let it cook, covered, for about 8 minutes, until it started to brown. He flipped the loin over and let it cook covered for another 8 minutes or so. When the internal temp of the meat registered 155, he took it off the grill, plated it and covered with foil. Once the temp rose to 160, he sliced it into medallions about 3/4 in. thick, then served

We had it with bbq boiled potatoes and coleslaw. Very good pork with a different twist.
Bell Tower Grey
Found this recipe in my email this morning from Food & Wine. Sounds like it will be good. Quick, and easy, for a weeknight grill. Might try it one night later this week.

Sweet and Spicy Grilled Beef Short Ribs

Ingredients
Ingredient Checklist
  • 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 3 3/4 pounds flanken-style beef short ribs, sliced 1/3 inch thick
  • Canola oil, for oiling the grate
  • Lemon wedges and slaw, for serving

Directions
Instructions Checklist
  • Step 1
    In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients except the short ribs, oil, lemon and slaw. Rub the mixture all over the short ribs and let stand for 20 minutes.
  • Step 2
    Light a grill and oil the grate. Grill the ribs over high heat, turning once, until nicely charred and nearly cooked through, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a platter and serve with lemon wedges and slaw.

dogplasma
It's not really a recipe, but one of our daughters has introduced us to injection brining. Wow, what a difference it makes with whole roasted chicken. It turns what might be a plain and dry bird into a savory and juicy one with lots of flavor.
Bell Tower Grey
dogplasma said:

It's not really a recipe, but one of our daughters has introduced us to injection brining. Wow, what a difference it makes with whole roasted chicken. It turns what might be a plain and dry bird into a savory and juicy one with lots of flavor.
Also does a great job with turkey and pork. It's great with a fried turkey. With pork - butts, thick chops, even whole hogs. I picked up a new injector a couple of Saturdays ago at Grillbillies in Wendell..
Sierrawolf
If you guys have never done a spatchcocked chicken over charcoal I would highly recommend it. Take that sucker off at 165 and will be the best chicken you've ever had. I like to rub mine with some Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin.
packgrad
Sierrawolf said:

If you guys have never done a spatchcocked chicken over charcoal I would highly recommend it. Take that sucker off at 165 and will be the best chicken you've ever had. I like to rub mine with some Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin.
I agree. I like rotisserie turkey better than spatchcock turkey, but like spatchcock chicken better than rotisserie. I like a mojo, chimichurri, or salsa verde with my spatchcock chicken.
Bell Tower Grey
Sierrawolf said:

The Dizzy Pig product line is solid. I put some of their Pineapple Head on a pork loin that my wife oven roasted a few weeks back and it turned out great.
Mormad
Bell Tower Grey said:

Hey, mormad, from the grilling thread:

Mormad
In reply to Bell Tower Grey 11:30p, 2/6/21

Is that yeast rolls recipe available? They look really really nice.

Well, it took a lot of persuasion, plus $500 for her birthday yesterday, but my daughter said I could share her yeast roll recipe. It's in her handwriting, from her recipe book. Hope you can decipher it, and I hope everyone that might try this recipe enjoys these rolls as much as we, and the folks that have bought them from her, do.

Eleventybillion stars

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Mormad
Bell Tower Grey said:

We had dinner with my sister and her husband last night. He fixed this Honey Dijon Bourbon Pork Tenderloin on the grill, and it was wonderful. I got the recipe from him and plan to fix one for us one night next week.

He put the tenderloin in this marinade overnight:

• 1/4 cup bourbon
  • 1/4 cup cider vinegar
  • 1/8 cup honey
  • 1/8 cup olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons grainy dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

He poked the tenderloin with a tenderizing tool, then put the meat into the marinade ovenight.

To grill, he got the grill temp up to 525, place the meat on and let it cook, covered, for about 8 minutes, until it started to brown. He flipped the loin over and let it cook covered for another 8 minutes or so. When the internal temp of the meat registered 155, he took it off the grill, plated it and covered with foil. Once the temp rose to 160, he sliced it into medallions about 3/4 in. thick, then served

We had it with bbq boiled potatoes and coleslaw. Very good pork with a different twist.

Got the tenderloin marinating now. Gonna do this one tomorrow for the fam
Bell Tower Grey
In our 26 plus years of marriage, she's never made this, but, Mrs. BTG fixed chicken pot pie for dinner tonight. Oven roasted a whole chicken, reserving the drippings Prepared a homemade, deep dish pie crust, with a garlic seasoned top. Shredded the chicken (including the crispy skin), made gravy with the drippings. Added diced carrots and green peas. For a twist, she added diced hash brown potatoes and onions. Poured all into the crust, then added the seasoned top, brushed with an egg wash. Baked it off until it was done. It was incredibly good. The flavors blended so well together This will go into the rotation.
Bell Tower Grey
Browsing through old recipes yesterday, I found this one, from several years back. Have made it quite a few times and have always been pleased with the results. Decided I'd make it tonight. The bourbon I use for the marinade has always been traditional Makers Mark.

Grilled Bourbon Steaks

Grilled Bourbon Steaks are full of smoky bourbon flavor. Rib-eye steaks (or any cut of meat you choose) are marinated in a bourbon and Worcestershire mixture and then grilled to get a good char.

Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time8 minutes
Marinate4 hours

Servings4
Calories625kcal
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup bourbon
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 shallot, finely chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
  • 4 thick-cut boneless ribeye steaks
Instructions
  • Combine first 7 ingredients in a large ziptop bag. Add steaks. Turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 to 12 hours, turning bag occasionally.
  • Remove steaks from bag and blot dry. Season well with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
  • Heat grill to medium-high. Add steaks and grill for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Bell Tower Grey
Anyone here make beer cheese at home? And if so, will you please share your recipe?

I've looked at what seems like countless ones online, but I'd rather have a personal experience recipe from here if possible. Thanks.
FlossyDFlynt
Not 100% sure this is what you are looking for, but I do have a good beer cheese dip recipe

8oz cream cheese
8oz Velveeta
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup of beer, room temp

Put everything in a food processor and blend until smooth. Serve with pretzels
Bell Tower Grey
Thank you
PackDaddy
Cookout Tray

BBQ Sandwich
Corn Dog
Onion Rings
Huge Sweet Tea

One piece of plain cheesecake to top it all off
Bell Tower Grey
Mrs. BTG is making this tonight. First time dish. We shall see.

CAMPANELLE PASTA WITH SWEET CORN, TOMATOES AND BASIL

Pint of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved. 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. 4 ears of corn, husked.

In a small bowl, stir together the tomatoes and teaspoon salt; set aside. Set a box grater in a large bowl or pie plate. Using the grater's large holes, grate the corn down to the cobs; reserve the cobs.

In a large pot, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add the corn cobs and 1 tablespoon salt, reduce to medium and cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Using tongs, remove and discard the cobs, then remove the pot from the heat. Save the water.

Then, add the following: 2 tablespoons of butter, 2 medium shallots, minced, 1 habanero chili, stemmed, seeded and minced, and 1 tablespoon of kosher salt.

In a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the grated corn, shallots, chili and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until the shallots have softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cups of the cooking water.

Next you will need 12 ounces of campanelle or other short pasta.

Meanwhile, return the remaining corn-infused water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta.
Add the pasta to the skillet and cook over medium, stirring constantly, until the pasta is coated and the sauce is creamy, about 2 minutes; if needed, add the reserved cooking water 2 tablespoons at a time to reach proper consistency.

Off heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the tomatoes with their juices and one cup of fresh chopped basil, then toss until the butter has melted. Taste and season with salt and pepper..
FlossyDFlynt
Made Anthony Bourdain's New Mexico Chili this week. Definitely a cold weather recipe, but was looking for a new beef recipe and decided to give it a try. Very, very tasty. Didnt really bother too much with seed removal as I like heat, but will definitely be in the rotation, especially when winter hits.

Ingredients
  • 4 poblano peppers roasted, chopped
  • 1 pound Hatch chili peppers roasted, chopped
  • cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 pounds beef chuck cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 large yellow onion coarsely chopped
  • 5 garlic cloves minced
  • 2 jalapeño peppers seeds removed and chopped
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 1 cup beer
  • 2 cups veal or beef stock
  • Chopped cilantro for garnish

Instructions
  • Preheat broiler and position rack as close to the broiler heat source. Line the bottom of a broiling pan with aluminum foil (this will catch any juices from the peppers). Place poblano peppers on top of the broiling pan. Place under the broiler. Let cook until peppers' skin is blackened, turning peppers with tongs so they blacken on all sides, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
  • Place peppers in a large plastic bag and loosely seal for 30 minutes. Remove and discard as much of the blackened skin as possible along with the stems and seeds. Use your hands. Don't rinse peppers under water, you'll rinse away flavor. If you want your chili to be hotter, leave in some of the seeds (source of the peppers' heat). Coarsely chop peppers and set aside.
  • Repeat this roasting process for the hatch chile peppers. If you're using frozen (no need to thaw) or canned peppers (no need to drain), they are likely already roasted, peeled and seeded. In some cases they are already coarsely chopped, too if not, then coarsely chop them and set aside.
  • In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour and about 2 teaspoons each of salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss beef in the flour mixture to coat. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a Dutch oven (at least 5 quarts) over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add beef in batches and sear until dark brown on all sides. Be sure not to crowd beef too much. Using tongs, remove cooked beef to a plate. Continue to cook remaining beef in batches, so you're not crowding the beef pieces.
  • Add onion, garlic and jalapeño peppers to the pot and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook over medium-high heat, scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to dislodge browned bits. Add an additional tablespoon of oil if necessary to keep the caramelized bits of onion mixture and beef (know as "fond") from scorching. You can also add a splash of stock at this point. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the onion has begun to soften and brown.
  • Add cumin, coriander and Mexican oregano and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
  • Stir in tomato paste and beer. Bring to a boil and cook until liquid has reduced by about two-thirds. Scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen any bits of fond.
  • Stir in stock and return beef to pot. Add reserved poblano and hatch chili peppers. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, covered for 2-1/2 hours or until beef is fork tender.
  • Remove chili from heat and serve in bowls with chopped cilantro, corn chips or flour tortillas and a wedge of lime. A splash of acid always brightens the flavor.
FlossyDFlynt
https://www.skinnytaste.com/skinny-salisbury-steak-with-mushroom/

Made this last night. Quite tasty and would recommend
Civilized
Man that looks awesome. Love a good salisbury steak. That gravy...
Civilized
Now that we're through Halloween, may be time to start kicking aorund Thanksgiving recipes!

Anybody got any old standby's that they love or new recipes they're going to try this year?

I'm on the lookout for a pie to add to the rotation this year; I've always done very traditional pumpkin (Libby's recipe) and pecan (Mama Dip's) but want to expand the offerings this year.

Was thinking maybe a specialty cheesecake.

Also hunting for a monkey bread or coffee cake-type sweet treat to enjoy with morning coffee. Definitely interested to hear what everyone's got.

I think I'm going to steam some oysters this year too; don't think I've steamed any in a couple or three years. Was definitely pre-COVID. Will see if my uncle can source some Stump Sounders on his way up from the coast.
FlossyDFlynt
Been frying a turkey the past few years. Pretty simple recipe

12-13 pound turkey
1 bottle spicy Italian dressing
1/2 a jar of Dijon mustard
1/2 bottle of Tony Chachere's creole seasoning
4-5 shakes of Worchestershire sauce

Blend last four ingredients together in a blender. Inject all over the turkey. Sprinkle outside of the turkey with the creole seasoning and let sit in the fridge overnight. The next day, remove the turkey from the fridge and cover the turkey with whats left of the sauce. To fry, use peanut oil at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. The skin will turn black due to all the seasoning, but its not burned and still very tasty. Let sit 20 minutes before slicing.

As for this year, its just me and my mother so I dont think we are doing much. Probably just going out for breakfast then I think I am doing all my Christmas decorating that day
Civilized
I hear nothing but great stuff about turkey fryers. It's probably time I step up to the plate and get one. That recipe sounds awesome.

My wife loves decorating for Christmas as soon as Thanksgiving is over too. Our tradition is to go tree shopping the Sunday after Turkey day.

Did you buy your fryer locally? Seems like pretty simple technology but are there any recommendations for features, sizes, etc. you'd recommend to someone buying one?
FlossyDFlynt
Fairly certain this is the one I bought

https://www.amazon.com/King-Kooker-Propane-Outdoor-Package/dp/B07YSV5WFJ/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=turkey+fryer&qid=1635796478&qsid=131-9248902-8001636&sr=8-4&sres=B08HVJZRQ5%2CB07YSV5WFJ%2CB088PKVBDM%2CB07YSTYSKQ%2CB07MG5XNR9%2CB071VT9RRR%2CB01M7QZMA6%2CB0009K8SJ6%2CB08MY5KYSQ%2CB00062VZMY%2CB0000BXHL0%2CB01LY0RMBG%2CB09GXDS89D%2CB00B4BN9PM%2CB07GW1H6YF%2CB07X6JDBSW&srpt=DEEP_FRYER

Couple tips if anyone is frying a turkey for the first time:
-Kind of stating the obvious, but DO NOT put a frozen turkey in one. I usually let mine defrost at least 3 to 4 days in the fridge before starting the process.
-Once the oil is up to temp, turn off the burner before you drop it. If there is any overflow (and there probably will be), its best to have the flame off. Let the oil settle before turning it back on
-From the setup in the picture (which is the same one I have), hook the turkey through the body cavity. Using the coat hanger looking thing, I use a broom through the coat hanger to lower it into the oil with another person so you dont have to be close to the hot oil
-Once the oil settles, get the flame back up on high. The oil temp is gonna drop a decent amount once you get the turkey in
Bell Tower Grey
Also hunting for a monkey bread or coffee cake-type sweet treat to enjoy with morning coffee. Definitely interested to hear what everyone's got.

Mrs. BTG always makes at least one of these apple cakes during each Thanksgiving and Christmas season. She started making it the Christmas after we were married in November, 27 years ago (in two weeks). Hope that if you make it, you will enjoy it as much as we have and do.

• 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 6 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 3 cups chopped, peeled apple (anything tart-ish will do)

[ol]
  • Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray an 8" springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
  • Beat 1 1/2 cups sugar, butter, vanilla, and cream cheese until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  • In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, beating on low until just blended.
  • In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of cinnamon sugar over chopped apples and toss to coat. Gently fold apples into cake batter, and pour batter into pan. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar on top.
  • Bake cake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan. Cool completely before removing from pan and serving.
  • [/ol]
    Bell Tower Grey
    Some 35 - 40 years ago, an old friend of our family came by to visit for dinner while back home on vacation. We were enjoying some adult beverages and grilling steaks. After dinner we were discussing grilling and cooking pigs, etc. He spoke and and said "let me share a recipe that belonged to my dad that I think you'll enjoy". It was for prime rib, cooked in rock salt, on a gas grill.

I'd never had that before and couldn't believe it would be any good once it was done. Boy, was I wrong. I have made this many times over the years, but now cook it in the oven in the kitchen. I plan to fix two of them this Christmas, as our family has so much to be thankful for. Here's the recipe and I hope you enjoy.

Ingredients:
    large aluminum baking pan
    a box or two of rock salt
    a 7 to 9 lb. bone in rib roast
    Worcestershire sauce
    fresh cracked black pepper
    garlic powder
    water
    a hammer

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

Line the bottom of the pan with a generous layer of rock salt.

In a separate dish, rub the roast all over with the worcestershire sauce. Once it is thoroughly covered, then rub the roast with a layer of the black pepper and garlic powder. Pat it down to coat it on and repeat this step again to have a more thick layer of crust. Put the roast in the pan with the fat side of the roast up.

Cover the roast with more of the rock salt, until you can no longer see the meat. Then, slowly drizzle the water over the roast, patting the wet salt down until it forms a solid cap all over the sides and top of the meat.

Place the pan into the 450 preheated oven for 20 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 300, and cook it for another 2 and a half hours. Check the meat with a thermometer - 130 will be medium rare. Once you get it to the temp you want, then remove the pan from the oven to rest. Let it stand at least 20 - 25 minutes.
    If the salt covering has cracked, it may be possible to remove the salt with either a fork or spoon. If it hasn't, you may need to hit it with the hammer to break the cap.

Transfer the roast to your cutting board and cut the size slices to suit your appetite.

While the meat won't typically need salt once served, the salt cap doesn't leave the meat too salty. It's bizarre to see it being prepared, but the end result is great.

Civilized
    Bell Tower Grey said:

Mrs. BTG always makes at least one of these apple cakes during each Thanksgiving and Christmas season. She started making it the Christmas after we were married in November, 27 years ago (in two weeks). Hope that if you make it, you will enjoy it as much as we have and do.

• 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
    • 1/2 cup butter, softened
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla
    • 6 oz cream cheese, softened
    • 2 large eggs
    • 1 1/2 cups flour
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
    • 3 cups chopped, peeled apple (anything tart-ish will do)

[ol]
  • Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray an 8" springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
  • Beat 1 1/2 cups sugar, butter, vanilla, and cream cheese until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  • In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, beating on low until just blended.
  • In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of cinnamon sugar over chopped apples and toss to coat. Gently fold apples into cake batter, and pour batter into pan. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar on top.
  • Bake cake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan. Cool completely before removing from pan and serving.
  • [/ol]

MAN this looks incredible, thanks much BTG!! My wife loves apple-anything too so that's an added bonus.

Really look forward to making this.

Thank you!!
    Bell Tower Grey
    FlossyDFlynt said:

As for this year, its just me and my mother so I dont think we are doing much. Probably just going out for breakfast then I think I am doing all my Christmas decorating that day
    Friend, take advantage of that time with your mother. Mine died a year ago this past August. The time from Thanksgiving through Christmas was her most favorite time of the year. Missing that time with her is at times, unbearable.
    FlossyDFlynt
    Bell Tower Grey said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Friend, take advantage of that time with your mother. Mine died a year ago this past August. The time from Thanksgiving through Christmas was her most favorite time of the year. Missing that time with her is at times, unbearable.
    Unfortunately, I am fully aware. I lost my father about 8 years ago to cancer. Pretty much the reason its just me and my mother is that there isnt that much family left at this point. I am sorry for your loss, it can make the holidays tough.

On this year itself, she doesnt feel like having a huge meal for just the two of us, which is fine by me. So I am gonna find us a local restaurant to get a good meal, then Ill do all my Christmas stuff around the house and grill something. Thinking I may try Pit Beef, but still deciding.
    JocoPack
    Here you go BTG

COWBOY CANDY

2.5lbs jalepenos
    2 cups apple cider vinegar
    4 cups white sugar
    1tsp tumeric
    1tsp celery seed
    4tsp granulated garlic
    1tsp ground cayenne pepper

Wash and drain peppers. Cut into 1/8 - 1/4" slices.
    Add the vinegar, sugar and spices to a large stock pot.
    Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
    Add the peppers and simmer for 4 minutes.
    Use a slotted spoon to load jalapenos into washed and sterilized jars. Leave 1/4 inch head space.
    Once peppers are loaded into jars, turn heat up under the syrup again and boil hard for 6 more minutes.

Ladle additional syrup over top of peppers in jars, leaving the head space.
    Wipe edges of jars.
    Place lids and bands on jars. Finger-tip tighten.
    DO NOT throw out the the remaining syrup....mix it with some mayo for some spicy aioli or brush it on chicken,etc.
    Place the jars in the canner with hot water in it. Bring to a full rolling boil. Boil for 10 minutes for half pints, 15 minutes for pints. Turn off burner and let stand in hot water for 5 more minutes. Then remove and leave stand on counter overnight.

The next day check for seal. If center of lid flexes up and down, they must be stored in the refrigerator. Place sealed jars in a cool, dry place.
    Try to resist the temptation to open them for at least 2 months...we do 3-4 sometimes to really let the flavor develop.

Bell Tower Grey
    JocoPack said:

Here you go BTG

COWBOY CANDY

2.5lbs jalepenos
    2 cups apple cider vinegar
    4 cups white sugar
    1tsp tumeric
    1tsp celery seed
    4tsp granulated garlic
    1tsp ground cayenne pepper

Wash and drain peppers. Cut into 1/8 - 1/4" slices.
    Add the vinegar, sugar and spices to a large stock pot.
    Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
    Add the peppers and simmer for 4 minutes.
    Use a slotted spoon to load jalapenos into washed and sterilized jars. Leave 1/4 inch head space.
    Once peppers are loaded into jars, turn heat up under the syrup again and boil hard for 6 more minutes.

Ladle additional syrup over top of peppers in jars, leaving the head space.
    Wipe edges of jars.
    Place lids and bands on jars. Finger-tip tighten.
    DO NOT throw out the the remaining syrup....mix it with some mayo for some spicy aioli or brush it on chicken,etc.
    Place the jars in the canner with hot water in it. Bring to a full rolling boil. Boil for 10 minutes for half pints, 15 minutes for pints. Turn off burner and let stand in hot water for 5 more minutes. Then remove and leave stand on counter overnight.

The next day check for seal. If center of lid flexes up and down, they must be stored in the refrigerator. Place sealed jars in a cool, dry place.
    Try to resist the temptation to open them for at least 2 months...we do 3-4 sometimes to really let the flavor develop.

Thank you! My wife does quite a bit of canning. Our pepper crop this year has been bountiful. This recipe will be on her desk in the morning. Looking forward to trying these.
    JocoPack
    Sounds good brother. Our harvest was plentiful as well. Those things are great by themselves or on something. Last batch she put a few habaneros in. Waiting for them to get good and hot
    FlossyDFlynt
    Made Anthony Bourdain's Boeuf Bourguignon last night.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/recipes/anthony-bourdains-boeuf-bourguignon/7859/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.10f37146ee87

Served it over a mushroom risotto. A ton of work, but very, very good
    ncsupack1
    Having Jack and the wife just finished the sausage balls. Nice evening, drinking and hanging out on the property. Merry Christmas to all of you.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.