Get woke. Go broke.

21,222 Views | 169 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SupplyChainPack
Pacfanweb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheStorm said:

Pacfanweb said:

Willis Casey would have fired Doeren after his first season.
Who was out Athletic Director when Tom Reed was here for three (3) seasons?
Exactly my point. 3-8 for 3 seasons, gone.

I think a completely uncompetitive 0-fer season wouldn't get a second chance. Certainly not a 3rd like Reed got.

It was different back then, but the point is, Willis expected to win.

So look at it this way: Kiffin: 3 years, didn't produce, gone. Reed: 3 years, didn't produce, gone. And in the space of a mere 6 years, we then hired the best coach we've ever had, Dick Sheridan.
Took a team that went 3-8 for 3 years straight and immediately won 8 games, back when we actually played somebody.

And unlike Doeren's first year, where his OOC was Richmond, Louisiana Tech, Central Michigan and ECU, Sheridan played Pitt, SC and Western Carolina.

MAF fired MOC after he went 6-6. He had a better ACC record than Doeren does. Actually STILL has 4 more ACC wins than Doeren does with more attempts. But Doeren has 7 extra "gimme" wins due to the 12 game schedule, plus he got to face Larry Fedora instead of Mack Brown at his peak there.

Something needs to change in the philosophy here.
SupplyChainPack
Not to side track the thread, but Id sure like to know the true (actual) story behind the Sheridan departure.

He really was an outstanding coach - we were really spoiled with him and Valvano here at the same time. Something dirty happened there. Like basketball, we haven't been the same since.
packgrad
Falling and falling. Get woke. Go broke.

GuerrillaPack
Quote:

Game 2 of the NBA Finals between the Lakers and Heat utterly collapsed with just 4.5 million viewers. The embarrassing average is down wait for it 68% from last year's Game 2, which featured a team in Canada.

How bad is the number? It's the least-watched NBA Finals game on record. Dropping even below Game 1's 7.41, the lowest-viewed Finals opener in history.
Bell Tower Grey
Pacfanweb said:

TheStorm said:

Pacfanweb said:

Willis Casey would have fired Doeren after his first season.
Who was out Athletic Director when Tom Reed was here for three (3) seasons?
Exactly my point. 3-8 for 3 seasons, gone.

I think a completely uncompetitive 0-fer season wouldn't get a second chance. Certainly not a 3rd like Reed got.

It was different back then, but the point is, Willis expected to win.

So look at it this way: Kiffin: 3 years, didn't produce, gone. Reed: 3 years, didn't produce, gone. And in the space of a mere 6 years, we then hired the best coach we've ever had, Dick Sheridan.
Took a team that went 3-8 for 3 years straight and immediately won 8 games, back when we actually played somebody.

And unlike Doeren's first year, where his OOC was Richmond, Louisiana Tech, Central Michigan and ECU, Sheridan played Pitt, SC and Western Carolina.

MAF fired MOC after he went 6-6. He had a better ACC record than Doeren does. Actually STILL has 4 more ACC wins than Doeren does with more attempts. But Doeren has 7 extra "gimme" wins due to the 12 game schedule, plus he got to face Larry Fedora instead of Mack Brown at his peak there.

Something needs to change in the philosophy here.
Willis was a child during the great depression. The man would (not could) stretch a dollar to make it cry like a woman having good sex. Winning was the only option. We need more of that today.
SupplyChainPack

https://babylonbee.com/news/nfl-to-adorn-all-uniforms-with-lace-doilies-in-to-honor-rbg

GuerrillaPack
SupplyChainPack said:

https://babylonbee.com/news/nfl-to-adorn-all-uniforms-with-lace-doilies-in-to-honor-rbg

LMFAO. And RBG can burn in hell.
Pacfanweb
GuerrillaPack said:

SupplyChainPack said:

You do realize that's a satire site?
GuerrillaPack
Pacfanweb said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SupplyChainPack said:

You do realize that's a satire site?
Of course I do. I'm very familiar with the Babylon Bee site, and have enjoyed reading their satire articles for years.
IseWolf22
GuerrillaPack said:

SupplyChainPack said:

Too
Far
GuerrillaPack
IseWolf22 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Too
Far
No. That's freedom of speech.

And it's Biblical. When the wicked die, we should be glad.

Proverbs 11:10 - "when the wicked perish, there are shouts of joy."
Civilized
C'mon man.
IseWolf22
GuerrillaPack said:

IseWolf22 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Too
Far

Yes, you're free to be an *******. But it's your failing to act upon it
GuerrillaPack
IseWolf22 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

IseWolf22 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Too
Far

People celebrated when Osama bin Laden died. And I'm sure many leftists would celebrate in the unlikely even that Trump were to die from the Rona (many are publicly wishing his death on social media right now).

It's human nature to wish death upon your enemies. And I'm absolutely right with God to celebrate the deaths of the wicked and those who are the enemies of God. I'm not going to be a phony person, and say nice things about wicked people who died -- just because they died recently and/or happen to be Americans or served high-up in the government.
acslater1344
GuerrillaPack said:

IseWolf22 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

IseWolf22 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Too
Far

People celebrated when Osama bin Laden died. And I'm sure many leftists would celebrate in the unlikely even that Trump were to die from the Rona (many are publicly wishing his death on social media right now).

It's human nature to wish death upon your enemies. And I'm absolutely right with God to celebrate the deaths of the wicked and those who are the enemies of God. I'm not going to be a phony person, and say nice things about wicked people who died -- just because they died recently and/or happen to be Americans or served high-up in the government.

Proverbs 24:17 - "Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice."
GuerrillaPack
acslater1344 said:

Proverbs 24:17 - "Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice."
There is a big difference between "your" enemy (ie, a personal enemy, such as someone you are feuding with), and the wicked, who are the enemies of God. I already cited the passage where it states that the people shout for joy when the wicked die. That's how you reconcile those two verses.

Here, David says that he hates the enemies of God "with perfect hatred":

Psalm 139:21-22

"Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies."

Here David calls for his (and God's) enemies, the wicked, to be killed:

Psalm 55:15

"Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the realm of the dead, for evil finds lodging among them."
acslater1344
GuerrillaPack said:

acslater1344 said:

There is a big difference between "your" enemy (ie, a personal enemy, such as someone you are feuding with), and the wicked, who are the enemies of God. I already cited the passage where it states that the people shout for joy when the wicked die. That's how you reconcile those two verses.

Here, David says that he hates the enemies of God "with perfect hatred":

Psalm 139:21-22

"Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies."

Here David calls for his (and God's) enemies, the wicked, to be killed:

Psalm 55:15

"Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the realm of the dead, for evil finds lodging among them."

Luke 6:35 - "But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked."
GuerrillaPack
acslater1344 said:

Luke 6:35 - "But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked."

Again, there is a distinction between "your" enemies (ie, personal enemies), and the wicked who are enemies of God.

Sure, God is kind to the wicked, but only for a short season. Until His patience runs out, and he starts judging those people, including possibly killing them. Remember also that God will completely destroy the wicked in the second death in the lake of fire. That's not so kind is it?

We are to be kind to our personal enemies, and even wicked people who have not committed capital offenses. But extremely wicked people (who commit capital offenses) are to be put to death, according to God's Law. And if we are to put these extremely wicked people to death, how could it possibly be "wrong" to wish for or celebrate their deaths?

So, for example, you look at when an extremely wicked person is executed for their crimes (eg, Ted Bundy), or a wicked enemy is killed in war. People are going to celebrate when those type of people are killed. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
packgrad
Lol

82TxPackFan
packgrad said:

Lol

Absolutely disgusting. Guess Chinese lives don't matter!
GuerrillaPack
From the comments in Twitter to that Babylon Bee article....lol

IseWolf22
packgrad said:

Lol

Hilarious
SexualChocolate
Those damn horses need to stop being woke

Preakness viewership:
2020: 2.4 million viewers
2019: 5.41 million
2018: 7.90 million
2017: 7.54 million

"What is absolutely clear here is that the public has decided that these 3-year-olds have politicized horse racing to the point where viewers will no longer watch."
GuerrillaPack
SexualChocolate said:

Preakness viewership:

"What is absolutely clear here is that the public has decided that these 3-year-olds have politicized horse racing to the point where viewers will no longer watch."
They are pushing the BLM message hard and heavy even on the horse racing broadcasts as well. I only watched a few minutes of the Kentucky Derby and caught wind of the BLM propaganda, and that was enough to make me turn it off.
SexualChocolate
Yea I'm sure that's it.....Lol
SupplyChainPack
I used to love to watch the derby, but then NBC started using it to shove their cross-dressing homosexual agenda down our throats - had to turn it off. I'm sure I'm not the only one who did.

Another little sports thing that was nice, but I can easily live without.
GuerrillaPack
SupplyChainPack said:

I used to love to watch the derby, but then NBC started using it to shove their cross-dressing homosexual agenda down our throats - had to turn it off. I'm sure I'm not the only one who did.

Another little sports thing that was nice, but I can easily live without.

Excellent point. The BLM issue is just the latest Leftist issue being pushed on sports broadcasts, that is now the straw breaking the camel's back. I guess the blatant Leftist advocacy in sports began about a decade ago -- with them pushing gun control and the pro-homosexual agendas, in particular.
packgrad
SexualChocolate said:

Preakness viewership:

I think it has to do with people no longer have watching the sports networks that hype these events, because the sports networks are so far left. I had no idea it was on. Probably has to do with the fact I haven't watched sports center nor gone to ESPN.com in I can't tell you how long. The woke have even "broke" horse racing. Shame.
packgrad
Boy, even Adam Silver realizes the wokeness isnt going to work.

SupplyChainPack
Too late smug chump, we've already seen what you and your band of thugs are really all about.
packgrad
Lol

Packchem91
I think some people look to be offended (both sides of aisle). I'm not an NBA fan...but I"ve watched more of the playoffs this year than in a long time...they've been compelling storylines, and watching guys like Doncic and Jurkic and the Nuggets was entertaining.

As for the political messages....I mean, ignore them. I haven't felt inundated. Writing / logos on the jerseys...so what, as a soccer fan, we're more used to many ads on the jerseys anyway.

Same w/NASCAR -- lots of folks say they've turned it off because of Bubba. Heck, its been much more entertaining to watch and Bubba is rarely ever in the screen.

NOTE: I get if you watch pre-game, ESPN, post-game, etc....you may have more of that to deal with.

NOTE 2: I have similar views for actors/singers as I do athletes --- with all but a few exceptions for strange behavior, my view is -- entertain me, and I'll mostly ignore what you do and say in the rest of your life. I don't look for their guidance on how to live my life, who to vote for, where to spend my $$$, etc....just be amazing at your craft, and I'm good.

NOTE 3: With 4 kids, I learned long ago watching sports is a nice gift, not a necessity. I can have plenty of fun doing other things, and often miss games because I'm doing them.
SupplyChainPack
Nah,

There are a lot of things that transcend sports.

You take a knee to go out of your way to show disrespect for our nation and our flag - I'm not going to just pretend that away.

Packchem91
SupplyChainPack said:

Nah,

There are a lot of things that transcend sports.

You take a knee to go out of your way to show disrespect for our nation and our flag - I'm not going to just pretend that away.

And see, while I stand up and almost get teary eyed every time I hear the Anthem, I don't consider kneeling to be disrespectful.
Sitting on your butt, carrying on a conversation, laughing with your friends, *******izing the words to fit your team colors/names....those are disrespectful.

Lined up with your teammates with some kneeling at attention, no problem for me. I get some won't agree, and that's ok.
I would prefer those guys who do that back it up with words off the field and work to help create youth development programs or partnerships with police to encourage more understanding....

BTW, I'll repeat, if I were one of you guys who get so offended about the anthem, I hope you've all written to the AD and Chancellor with threats to pull money if they don't convince the students (and likely some adults) to respect the anthem and sing it appropriately. If you have not, you're a hypocrite.
SupplyChainPack
It's intended to be disrespectful, and it obviously is.

It's more than disrespect - it's belligerence.

And this, from thugs who get paid millions and millions to play a kid's game.

Talk about being completely clueless about the blessings you've been given.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.