Get woke. Go broke.

21,482 Views | 169 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SupplyChainPack
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SupplyChainPack said:

It's intended to be disrespectful, and it obviously is.

It's more than disrespect - it's belligerence.

And this, from thugs who get paid millions and millions to play a kid's game.

Talk about being completely clueless about the blessings you've been given.

Grouping all those NBA guys under "Thugs", yeah you speak volumes about who you are. That's an embarrassment for a person with an NC State degree
SupplyChainPack
No it isn't, because that's exactly what the vast majority of the players, coaches, and owners are.

The fact that you aren't even bothered by their grotesque disrespect for our country says a lot about you.
packgrad
If you haven't written to the AD and Chancellor with threats to pull your money, you're a hypocrite?????? Lololol. That is not quite the way reasonable comparisons work.

I'm glad you're the one person that has watched more nba this year. I'm not sure what the compelling story lines are this year as opposed to every other year, if they're not political. Or maybe good white basketball players are what is compelling to you? I think it's funny your response to the people that pay for the product is "get over it". That was the nba's response initially too. They have been able to look at the data and make an educated decision though and realize it is not the customer's job to get over it. That is, if they want to continue to have a successful product.

When you have to multi asterisk your posts, you're trying too hard to pretend to be the middle ground guy. Sure, if you ignore the pre game, mute the announcers in game, ignore the post game, don't watch ESPN, don't read the articles about the game, the game is fine. But nobody that watches sports does that, and to suggest they do, so as to be able to enjoy the game, is ridiculous contrarian logic.
Packchem91
SupplyChainPack said:

No it isn't, because that's exactly what the vast majority of the players, coaches, and owners are.

The fact that you aren't even bothered by their grotesque disrespect for our country says a lot about you.

Oh really? Give a couple of examples then of these "thugs"? What qualifies one of being a "thug". Vast majority, including the coaches and owners? LOL.

Or why don't you come out from behind your shell and use the word you really want to use?

Packchem91
packgrad said:

If you haven't written to the AD and Chancellor with threats to pull your money, you're a hypocrite?????? Lololol. That is not quite the way reasonable comparisons work.

I'm glad you're the one person that has watched more nba this year. I'm not sure what the compelling story lines are this year as opposed to every other year, if they're not political. Or maybe good white basketball players are what is compelling to you? I think it's funny your response to the people that pay for the product is "get over it". That was the nba's response initially too. They have been able to look at the data and make an educated decision though and realize it is not the customer's job to get over it. That is, if they want to continue to have a successful product.

When you have to multi asterisk your posts, you're trying too hard to pretend to be the middle ground guy. Sure, if you ignore the pre game, mute the announcers in game, ignore the post game, don't watch ESPN, don't read the articles about the game, the game is fine. But nobody that watches sports does that, and to suggest they do, so as to be able to enjoy the game, is ridiculous contrarian logic.

Yes. If your gripe is the disrespect of the flag/anthem, or one of the facts that prevents you from watching it anymore is that those guys are doing so....but then you are one of the morons screaming "wolfpack" during the anthem, or haven't likewise threatened a boycott, then you are a hypocrite.

OR....do you think that its ok? Its ok because the reasoning is, "its fun"?
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Yes. If your gripe is the disrespect of the flag/anthem, or one of the facts that prevents you from watching it anymore is that those guys are doing so....but then you are one of the morons screaming "wolfpack" during the anthem, or haven't likewise threatened a boycott, then you are a hypocrite.

You're really trying too hard. It's not difficult to understand how the NBA is "woke" and have lost viewership because of their missteps. If you want to try to twist it into some false equivalency with fans doing something during the national anthem as opposed to the "woke" product alienating their fanbase, that's fine. Some people just like to be contrarian. And of course also "hypocritical" if they're so obviously traumatized by the "morons" screaming Wolfpack but not the actions of the woke nba.
SupplyChainPack
Packchem91 said:

SupplyChainPack said:

Oh really? Give a couple of examples then of these "thugs"? What qualifies one of being a "thug". Vast majority, including the coaches and owners? LOL.

Or why don't you come out from behind your shell and use the word you really want to use?

Small subset of examples:

https://crimeola.com/7-nba-players-committed-serious-crimes/

https://www.thesportster.com/basketball/15-nba-players-who-committed-serious-crimes/

SupplyChainPack
Here are some more:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sportspeople_convicted_of_crimes

Packchem91
SupplyChainPack said:

Packchem91 said:

SupplyChainPack said:

https://www.thesportster.com/basketball/15-nba-players-who-committed-serious-crimes/

LOL....wait a minute, you mean in a company of hundreds / thousands of employees since 2000, someone was able to find 15 who did something bad at some point?
Wow...I can see how you can now make a statement about the majority of players, coaches, and owners being thugs.

OK, put your robe and hood back on, you've proven your idiocy.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

You're really trying too hard. It's not difficult to understand how the NBA is "woke" and have lost viewership because of their missteps. If you want to try to twist it into some false equivalency with fans doing something during the national anthem as opposed to the "woke" product alienating their fanbase, that's fine. Some people just like to be contrarian. And of course also "hypocritical" if they're so obviously traumatized by the "morons" screaming Wolfpack but not the actions of the woke nba.
You have chosen apparently, to only be bothered by one way of disrespecting the anthem. Which is not really surprising.

I chose not to get caught up in the political part of it. Its not really that difficult.

Given your clear proclivities to be offended by folks who take a leftist political voice....which sports, TV/movies, and music can you even tolerate any more?
Civilized
SupplyChainPack said:

Here are some more:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sportspeople_convicted_of_crimes

C'mon man.

'Thugs' connotes something specific. We all know this.

These lists are dredging up crimes of NBA players dating back into the 90's. The average NBA career length is 4 years so there have been 5 generations of NBA players in the last 20+ years, or around 1,500 players. ~1% of them commit crimes so they're all 'thugs'?

Be better than that.
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

You have chosen apparently, to only be bothered by one way of disrespecting the anthem. Which is not really surprising.

I chose not to get caught up in the political part of it. Its not really that difficult.

Given your clear proclivities to be offended by folks who take a leftist political voice....which sports, TV/movies, and music can you even tolerate any more?
I haven't commented at all on your false equivalency of offense. You have no idea if I'm offended by your "morons" shouting Wolfpack or not. You clearly have chosen to get caught up in the political part of it. Hence your participation in this thread. It's really not that difficult. I understand you like to play the pretindependent middle ground message board guy, but you're failing here.

I watch all types of movies/tv, listen to many genres of music, and watch mostly college sports. Would you like the names of the movies, tv shows, comedians, and musicians I listen to? I'm interested in your message board guy take on how I can tolerate these. Please proceed.
SupplyChainPack
Packchem91 said:

SupplyChainPack said:

Packchem91 said:

SupplyChainPack said:

LOL....wait a minute, you mean in a company of hundreds / thousands of employees since 2000, someone was able to find 15 who did something bad at some point?
Wow...I can see how you can now make a statement about the majority of players, coaches, and owners being thugs.

Good stuff!

You asked for examples, and I provided plenty. Now that's no longer good enough.

Typical liberal goal post shifting.

Also, very solid use of the robotic, "you're just a racist!!!". It's always good to go back to the basics when you have nowhere else to go.

The typical leftist view of the world is pretty simple:. There's a white racist around every corner and behind every shrub. It's just how they've been taught to look at the world. Reality doesn't matter.

And I'll again mention that it speaks volumes about you that the blatant disrespect for our country doesn't bother you.

ncsualum05
People don't understand that the BLM slogan and the fist symbol that everyone is touting on the court and field are akin to if we put the Soviet or China communist symbol on our courts. No difference to me... just as appalling b/c that's exactly what BLM is.
Packchem91
SupplyChainPack said:

Packchem91 said:

SupplyChainPack said:

Packchem91 said:

SupplyChainPack said:

Good stuff!

You asked for examples, and I provided plenty. Now that's no longer good enough.

Typical liberal goal post shifting.

Also, very solid use of the robotic, "you're just a racist!!!". It's always good to go back to the basics when you have nowhere else to go.

The typical leftist view of the world is pretty simple:. There's a white racist around every corner and behind every shrub. It's just how they've been taught to look at the world. Reality doesn't matter.

And I'll again mention that it speaks volumes about you that the blatant disrespect for our country doesn't bother you.

LOL, you used the term that you know very well is now co-opted into meaning "racist". You also said the majority of NBA players and coaches and owners are thugs.

Yes, I'm pretty certain by most moderates views, that would be a comment loaded with racist connotations.

Or, were you just creating a gross exaggeration when you said "the majority of NBA players / coaches / owners"? Your examples ---- name a profession where if you looked over thousands of employees over the 2000s you wouldn't find examples like you provided?

We know people who've done those things have existed in the churches, schools, banks, police departments, fire departments, military, universities, on and on and on. So why specifically are the majority of NBA players thugs?
packgrad
"Thug" is only racist to liberals. They redefine words like they do genders. Never ending.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

I haven't commented at all on your false equivalency of offense. You have no idea if I'm offended by your "morons" shouting Wolfpack or not. You clearly have chosen to get caught up in the political part of it. Hence your participation in this thread. It's really not that difficult. I understand you like to play the pretindependent middle ground message board guy, but you're failing here.

I watch all types of movies/tv, listen to many genres of music, and watch mostly college sports. Would you like the names of the movies, tv shows, comedians, and musicians I listen to? I'm interested in your message board guy take on how I can tolerate these. Please proceed.
So are you? Do sports fans disrespecting the anthem bother your or not?

My participation in this thread is not political --- heck, I'm still trying to convince myself how to vote for Trump like I did last time, though he makes that incredibly difficult. My participation is more due to the hypocrisy and in one case, blatant racism, being thrown about.

You have every right to watch or not watch whatever you want. I just struggle to think of the mental gymnastics it takes to avoid one entertainment because you don't like the political activities of its participants while continuing to participate in other ones which frequently take very similar political views.

For EX....I find it funny that some "fans" are now upset and threatening to not listen to someone like Sturgill Simpson or Tyler Childers anymore now that they've found out those guys very much support treating black people equally and weeding out police violence.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

"Thug" is only racist to liberals. They redefine words like they do genders. Never ending.
Meh, that's b/c its been coopted. You know you can't say the "n" word any longer. So SCP speaks about a league where, what, 90% of the participants, are black, and calls the majority of then "thugs".....but sure, there's no racist tone to that, lol.

*I do think the term can be used legit to represent a criminal. But when you lump it across a whole body of people, where the clear and vast majority are as law-abiding as you or I, just happen to be darker, well.....you tell me what that is?
Bas2020
The Antifa people are routinely called "thugs".

And they are 99% white.
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

So are you? Do sports fans disrespecting the anthem bother your or not?

My participation in this thread is not political --- heck, I'm still trying to convince myself how to vote for Trump like I did last time, though he makes that incredibly difficult. My participation is more due to the hypocrisy and in one case, blatant racism, being thrown about.

You have every right to watch or not watch whatever you want. I just struggle to think of the mental gymnastics it takes to avoid one entertainment because you don't like the political activities of its participants while continuing to participate in other ones which frequently take very similar political views.

For EX....I find it funny that some "fans" are now upset and threatening to not listen to someone like Sturgill Simpson or Tyler Childers anymore now that they've found out those guys very much support treating black people equally and weeding out police violence.
I don't think it's relevant to the topic. Fans shouting Wolfpack is not remotely the same as the product trying to shame its customer base.

I don't think it takes mental gymnastics at all to justify not watching certain things. If you can't admit it is rammed down your throat during the pregame, during the game, during the post game, during the highlights, during the news coverage, there is really nothing to discuss. You either see what you want to see, or you just want to argue on a message board.

People don't have to have the same political views as me for me to enjoy their work. If they choose to make it a part of their product though, I will choose to ignore their product. Using your example, If Sturgill Simpson has a song playing on the radio, I will listen to it. If I go to a Sturgill Simpson show and he decides to use his time preaching to me about BLM or whatever topic that I might disagree with instead of playing music, I will probably choose to stop going to his shows. I used to hate Eddie Vedder's commentary, but I would listen to his music. I love looking at and enjoying Julia Louis Dreyfus characters on tv. I probably won't seek out any of her new shows (I saw one last night on one of the streaming channels). I'll still watch Seinfeld and Veep though. I don't get why it's hard to understand, or prescribe mental gymnastics as the only way to understand. Everything does not have to be absolute.
SupplyChainPack
packgrad said:

True.

There is a never ending demand that we walk on eggshells at all times - always mindful of their ever changing (and unequally applied) rules.

Stray from the liberal rules but just a little (even in the distant past) and they are going to "cancel" you.
Civilized
packgrad said:

No, it's only not-loaded to some conservatives.

Everyone else in the Venn diagram, including linguistic scholars with conservative views on race like John McWhorter, understands what 'thug' connotes, and has for years.

"MCWHORTER: Well, the truth is that thug today is a nominally polite way of using the N-word."

https://www.npr.org/2015/04/30/403362626/the-racially-charged-meaning-behind-the-word-thug

This is a guy that also thinks black people's attitudes have held them back; who thinks anti-racism is as harmful as racism; that dislikes white privelege theories, etc. so his view on racial issues align with many conservatives.

Conservatives and libtards need to quit with the "Everything is racist, so nothing is racist" back-and-forth. It's unproductive.

Obviously, the answer is that some things are racist and those need to be discussed and addressed. It's not all or nothing.
SupplyChainPack
Nah,

Libs love to keep people on the defensive - always working to "prove" that they aren't racist.

They keep loading us up with new rules to constantly keep people walking on eggshells so that they aren't given this label.

The problem is, you've become caricatures of yourselves. It's just not reasonable to keep taking you seriously when you keep screaming"RACIST!!!!" to the sky everyday - 24/7, 365.

Reality isn't remotely like that - even if the people with dazzling fake smiles on your local news cast try to convince you that it is.

IseWolf22
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

No, it's only not-loaded to some conservatives.

Everyone else in the Venn diagram, including linguistic scholars with conservative views on race like John McWhorter, understands what 'thug' connotes, and has for years.

"MCWHORTER: Well, the truth is that thug today is a nominally polite way of using the N-word."

https://www.npr.org/2015/04/30/403362626/the-racially-charged-meaning-behind-the-word-thug

This is a guy that also thinks black people's attitudes have held them back; who thinks anti-racism is as harmful as racism; that dislikes white privelege theories, etc. so his view on racial issues align with many conservatives.

Conservatives and libtards need to quit with the "Everything is racist, so nothing is racist" back-and-forth. It's unproductive.

Obviously, the answer is that some things are racist and those need to be discussed and addressed. It's not all or nothing.
I've loved the McWhorter pieces I've read. And I completely agree with the bolded statement. There is a segment of the left willing to call everything racist. There is also a segment of the right, contorting themselves to avoid acknowledging racism that does in fact exist and should be discussed. The national conversation is fundamentally broken right now.
SupplyChainPack

"The NBA finally achieved equality. They have the same ratings as the WNBA"
- Mini AOC

Pacfanweb
Funny how rappers and actual black thugs (by the original definition of the word) started using that term to describe themselves, but then when anyone else uses it it's now "same as the n-word".

These folks can't lose. They can say and do anything, but if anyone else does it, they're racist.

GuerrillaPack
Pacfanweb said:

Funny how rappers and actual black thugs (by the original definition of the word) started using that term to describe themselves, but then when anyone else uses it it's now "same as the n-word".

These folks can't lose. They can say and do anything, but if anyone else does it, they're racist.

Hypocrisy is the hallmark of people who are incredibly wicked. Remember how the Messiah constantly called out the Pharisees as hypocrites.

The Left are ultimate hypocrites. They are wicked, and then PROJECT all of the wicked things they do onto the right-wing, and accuse the right-wing of all they things that they (the Left) do.

It is the Left that are truly "hateful" (constantly stirring racial division), are "racist" (eg, promote affirmative action that discriminates against racial groups), who truly hate children and the weak in society (ie, fanatically champion abortion), are bigoted and intolerant (ie, will not tolerate freedom of speech from conservatives, and are fanatically obsessed with censoring the right), etc.

And on the subject of using racial slurs and racial discrimination, the Left believe they have the right to have a double standard. And just think about it, that's what "affirmative action" is...a double standard -- they can openly discriminate against white people (and asians), while aiding other groups. Same with racial slurs -- one set of rules for some people, and some for others...with blacks being able to use the "n-word" and also "whitey" or whatever racial slur they want against white people, with impunity. So black people can use the "n-word" in literally every sentence when they talk, 200 times a day. But white people are crucified and have their entire life destroyed if they use the "n-word" once in their entire life.

Affirmative action itself is a double standard and use of hypocrisy. It's ok to use racial discrimination, if it's used how the Left likes it. And it's ok to to use racial slurs -- if they are used by the Left or against the people the Left hates.
DrummerboyWolf
Hmmm the NBA is going to stop the social justice messaging next year because ratings are so low. Too late, the audience won't be coming back.

Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
SupplyChainPack
I'll believe it when I see it.

Also, even if they were sincere (fat chance), they created a monster in Lebron. Do they think he's just going to shut his big anti-American yapper and just play the game?

Hardy-Har-Har.
Ripper
DrummerboyWolf said:

Hmmm the NBA is going to stop the social justice messaging next year because ratings are so low. Too late, the audience won't be coming back.

Yep, they did irreparable harm. Maybe they can set up shop in China.
SupplyChainPack
I sincerely wish that they would. It would be the right thing to do.
DrummerboyWolf
Ripper said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Yep, Lebron should like that. Let him go over there and speak about the President the way he does here. He would disappear one day and never be found. He really showed his ignorance when he responded to Daryl Morey.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Packchem91
Ripper said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Isn't this the same thing everyone said about NFL with Kapernick? Now people watch guys in their underwear at the draft combines, schedule announcements, etc.

I mean, I do get that some fans have turned it off...and some may never come back. But...couldn't the bigger impact this year have just been the timing? I mean, if Lebron has that kind of game where he wakes up in the 2nd half and leads his team to victory in June, its the only thing being talked about.
This morning, it was not even the lead, because Covid in the NFL was bigger (and perhaps several other NFL stories).

The PGA is not doing social warrior stuff, but their US Open ratings were down like 45% to last year. Some of that is surely last year it was primetime, but it's also because it wasn't occurring in its normal unchallenged time slot.

And ultimately, I do think fans have found alternatives now, and don't need sports as much.
PoleD
I'd say it also has to do with people not considering this year as a real season.
Packchem91
DrummerboyWolf said:

Ripper said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Yep, Lebron should like that. Let him go over there and speak about the President the way he does here. He would disappear one day and never be found. He really showed his ignorance when he responded to Daryl Morey.
Whats crazy is, some of you guys beg for poor black people to rise up out of the horrendous conditions on their own ("bootstraps"), and quit relying on your tax $$ to help them. Here is a guy who has done exactly that, has become one of the richest, and best employees in his craft ever, and, get this, gives millions and millions of $$$ back to help folks in situations similar to what he grew up in, and yet you still treat him like a "thug".

Sure, he says some things many of us can disagree with (or doesn't say some things we could like him to say, like on China or the LA police shootings). He's not perfect, he has faults and blind spots, just like you, me, and everyone else and he deserves criticism at times, like anyone who puts themselves out there like he does.

But the guy is a leader. He gives back. He uses his voice. He just happens to use it in ways some of you/us don't agree with, and that makes him a thug. (I still shake my head to see educated NC State grads throwing that word around about "the majority of the NBA" and many on here going along with that notion).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.