Get woke. Go broke.

21,403 Views | 169 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SupplyChainPack
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Stop the government funding for abortions. Use that money to fund adoptions. Problem solved.
No issue with that.....you lining up to do so? Where you gonna find all those people who will?
Cost of adoption is one inhibitor. Plenty of Americans who aren't going to adopt babies that look different from them. That's not a criticism, its a reality.

BTW, one thing that would happen if the government started throwing in $$ for adoptions...the source of the high costs - ie, the lawyers, would see that $$ flow and just amp up even more charges.
When are we going to realize that this isn't reproductive rights and its a child?
Packchem91
cowboypack02 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

I have had the police called on me for sitting in a parking lot and doing on site estimates. I've been stopped, pulled out of car, and searched for driving past a crime scene too much that was down the road from my office.

Some people want to see racism in everything. Some people, like me, just see the police doing their jobs.
So its a policeman's job to stop a teenager walking down the road in the afternoon? Amongst all the things they have to do, that is one of them?
I'm white and i've been stopped walking down the road in the afternoon....
What I've learned here is that you must have been doing something wrong
cowboypack02
Packchem91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

I have had the police called on me for sitting in a parking lot and doing on site estimates. I've been stopped, pulled out of car, and searched for driving past a crime scene too much that was down the road from my office.

Some people want to see racism in everything. Some people, like me, just see the police doing their jobs.
So its a policeman's job to stop a teenager walking down the road in the afternoon? Amongst all the things they have to do, that is one of them?
I'm white and i've been stopped walking down the road in the afternoon....
What I've learned here is that you must have been doing something wrong
lol....or we could just take it as cops stop and talk to people that are just walking down the road at random places during odd times of the day...
SupplyChainPack

"AWFUL! Joe Buck and Troy Aikman Mock Military Flyover Before NFL Monday Night Game (VIDEO)"

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/10/awful-joe-buck-troy-aikman-mock-military-flyover-nfl-monday-night-game-video/

packgrad
SupplyChainPack said:

"AWFUL! Joe Buck and Troy Aikman Mock Military Flyover Before NFL Monday Night Game (VIDEO)"

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/10/awful-joe-buck-troy-aikman-mock-military-flyover-nfl-monday-night-game-video/

"That stuff isn't happening with KAMALA/Biden ticket. I'll tell you that right now, partner."

Even idiot Aikman realizes you're not voting for Biden.

I think it's hilarious the left is now against flyovers because Orange man bad. Utter derangement.
SupplyChainPack
Yep. Noticed that too.
caryking
Tax Revenues by Year:

FY 2021 $3.86 (estimated)
FY 2020 $3.71 trillion (estimated)
FY 2019 $3.46 trillion (actual)
FY 2018 $3.33 trillion
FY 2017 $3.32 trillion
FY 2016 $3.27 trillion
FY 2015 $3.25 trillion
FY 2014 $3.02 trillion
FY 2013 $2.77 trillion
FY 2012 $2.45 trillion
FY 2011 $2.30 trillion
FY 2010 $2.16 trillion
FY 2009 $2.10 trillion
FY 2008 $2.52 trillion
FY 2007 $2.57 trillion
FY 2006 $2.41 trillion
FY 2005 $2.15 trillion
FY 2004 $1.88 trillion
FY 2003 $1.78 trillion
FY 2002 $1.85 trillion
FY 2001 $1.99 trillion
FY 2000 $2.03 trillion

Tax cuts, by the Trump administration, are killing America...
DrummerboyWolf
caryking said:

Tax Revenues by Year:

FY 2018 $3.33 trillion
FY 2017 $3.32 trillion
FY 2016 $3.27 trillion
FY 2015 $3.25 trillion
FY 2014 $3.02 trillion
FY 2013 $2.77 trillion
FY 2012 $2.45 trillion
FY 2011 $2.30 trillion
FY 2010 $2.16 trillion
FY 2009 $2.10 trillion
FY 2008 $2.52 trillion
FY 2007 $2.57 trillion
FY 2006 $2.41 trillion
FY 2005 $2.15 trillion
FY 2004 $1.88 trillion
FY 2003 $1.78 trillion
FY 2002 $1.85 trillion
FY 2001 $1.99 trillion
FY 2000 $2.03 trillion

Always happens. You cut taxes and the revenue goes up. What also happens is the spending goes up. There is a 7% or so added automatically in each year. It's called baseline budgeting. Some stupid thing that happened when Nixon was President to get him to be liked. When the Republicans have had control of all three, they never took that out and just continued on with the status quo. That is why we are so much in debt.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
hokiewolf
Yep, There's always a year end mad scramble to spend your appropriation. Saving money in the Federal Government is never rewarded.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
SupplyChainPack

"Ratings for Game 2 of MLB's Woke World Series Reach New Historic Lows"

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/10/22/ratings-game-2-mlbs-woke-world-series-reach-new-historic-lows/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Game 2 of the World Series earning such dismal ratings, it appears that Major League Baseball isn't doing much better than the rest of woke pro sports this season.

Game 2 brought in only a high of only 8.317 million viewers on Fox as the Tampa Bay Rays battled the L.A. Dodgers, according to ShowBuzzDaily. That would make the game, if those numbers hold, the least watched World Series game in history.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pacfanweb
DrummerboyWolf said:

caryking said:

Tax Revenues by Year:

FY 2018 $3.33 trillion
FY 2017 $3.32 trillion
FY 2016 $3.27 trillion
FY 2015 $3.25 trillion
FY 2014 $3.02 trillion
FY 2013 $2.77 trillion
FY 2012 $2.45 trillion
FY 2011 $2.30 trillion
FY 2010 $2.16 trillion
FY 2009 $2.10 trillion
FY 2008 $2.52 trillion
FY 2007 $2.57 trillion
FY 2006 $2.41 trillion
FY 2005 $2.15 trillion
FY 2004 $1.88 trillion
FY 2003 $1.78 trillion
FY 2002 $1.85 trillion
FY 2001 $1.99 trillion
FY 2000 $2.03 trillion

Always happens. You cut taxes and the revenue goes up. What also happens is the spending goes up. There is a 7% or so added automatically in each year. It's called baseline budgeting. Some stupid thing that happened when Nixon was President to get him to be liked. When the Republicans have had control of all three, they never took that out and just continued on with the status quo. That is why we are so much in debt.
Yep, that's also what leads to the lies that are called "tax cuts"

If the budget for next year calls for a 10% increase and they "only" increase it by 7%, they call that a "cut"...when in fact, it's an increase of 7%.

Like when your wife goes to the mall intending to spend 200 bucks, and "only" spends 150 because "it was on sale, so I saved 50 bucks". No, you spent 150.

Thing is, all they'd have to do is hold spending steady and, while I haven't seen a definite time frame based on current numbers, it would take IIRC less than 10 years and the debt is gone. It would certainly be greatly reduced.

We already think the gov't spends too much. So hold it where it is for awhile, and just pay it down.
Civilized
SupplyChainPack said:

"Ratings for Game 2 of MLB's Woke World Series Reach New Historic Lows"

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/10/22/ratings-game-2-mlbs-woke-world-series-reach-new-historic-lows/

With Game 2 of the World Series earning such dismal ratings, it appears that Major League Baseball isn't doing much better than the rest of woke pro sports this season.

Game 2 brought in only a high of only 8.317 million viewers on Fox as the Tampa Bay Rays battled the L.A. Dodgers, according to ShowBuzzDaily. That would make the game, if those numbers hold, the least watched World Series game in history.

Ratings for the Stanley Cup Finals were down 61% from last year, averaging 2.1 million viewers.

The final round of the U.S. Open golf tournament had 3.2 million viewers, by far the fewest going back more than 30 years.

The U.S. Open tennis tournament viewership fell sharply on ESPN, down 45% from the year before. The French Open is down 57% so far on NBC.

The Kentucky Derby, which normally gets around 15 million viewers, only had 9.3 million at its rescheduled slot in September.

Peoples viewing patterns have just changed. With four or five months off from sports people got out of the habit and they haven't gone back yet.
SupplyChainPack
Yeah, they're turning off ESPN and NBC.

Both hardcore woke.
Pacfanweb
In addition I think maybe having no sports for a while made people realize they didn't really need them. And then when the networks started getting political with their sports programming, that didn't really make people want to turn them back on
cowboypack02
I saw that expensify is being dropped by alot of people after this letter from the CEO. Way to alienate have of your client base

https://nypost.com/2020/10/23/expensify-sends-mass-email-urging-users-to-vote-for-biden/amp/#aoh=16035105920452&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s
packgrad
cowboypack02 said:

I saw that expensify is being dropped by alot of people after this letter from the CEO. Way to alienate have of your client base

https://nypost.com/2020/10/23/expensify-sends-mass-email-urging-users-to-vote-for-biden/amp/#aoh=16035105920452&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

I love how the president says he fears there will be a civil war if Trump is elected again. So basically, if Democrats don't get what they want they want a civil war so vote for Biden. Lol. So stupid.
FlossyDFlynt
cowboypack02 said:

This came across my feed yesterday, didnt think much of it. Come to find out, he sent this to his ENTIRE customer database. I thought this was just an internal email to coworkers. Imagine the outrage if this was for Trump instead of Biden.

If I were a customer, I would be pissed.
SupplyChainPack
Agree. You just don't do that.

Hope they go bankrupt.
Pacfanweb
FlossyDFlynt said:

cowboypack02 said:

This came across my feed yesterday, didnt think much of it. Come to find out, he sent this to his ENTIRE customer database. I thought this was just an internal email to coworkers. Imagine the outrage if this was for Trump instead of Biden.

I am a sole proprietor. I NEVER post anything on my FB page political. I very, very rarely comment on anyone else's.
I have many friends on there that are also customers. They may or may not agree with me on politics.

I feel it's much more important to keep customers than to support any candidate for any office or let everyone know I like/don't like some topic or politician's actions.

A place like this is different. This is what this forum is for. I go here to specifically read about things like this. Just like I go to the steakhouse to get a damn steak, not an omelet.

I remember when (not that long ago) we only talked about politics amongst ourselves pretty much the last 2-3 months of an election year. After that, they barely were mentioned. "how about that new xxx bill?" "Yep, hope it does/doesn't pass....anyway, how's the wife and kids?" That was about it, for the most part.

24hr news and the internet and social media have NOT been beneficial to society in this area. Not at all.
IseWolf22
Pacfanweb said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

cowboypack02 said:

I am a sole proprietor. I NEVER post anything on my FB page political. I very, very rarely comment on anyone else's.
I have many friends on there that are also customers. They may or may not agree with me on politics.

I feel it's much more important to keep customers than to support any candidate for any office or let everyone know I like/don't like some topic or politician's actions.

A place like this is different. This is what this forum is for. I go here to specifically read about things like this. Just like I go to the steakhouse to get a damn steak, not an omelet.

I remember when (not that long ago) we only talked about politics amongst ourselves pretty much the last 2-3 months of an election year. After that, they barely were mentioned. "how about that new xxx bill?" "Yep, hope it does/doesn't pass....anyway, how's the wife and kids?" That was about it, for the most part.

24hr news and the internet and social media have NOT been beneficial to society in this area. Not at all.

I long for a US where politics isn't the center of the universe
SupplyChainPack

"Game 4 Of The World Series Gets Poor TV Ratings"

https://dailycaller.com/2020/10/25/game-4-world-series-dodgers-rays-tv-ratings/

packgrad
SupplyChainPack said:

"Game 4 Of The World Series Gets Poor TV Ratings"

https://dailycaller.com/2020/10/25/game-4-world-series-dodgers-rays-tv-ratings/

That was a hell of a game too.
SupplyChainPack
I've loved my Pack since I was a small child. Spent some amazing years on that wonderful campus. Have stuck with pack (like most here) through years of frustration and disappointment - still waiting for our former greatness to be restored.

But I am truly disgusted by this:

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article247426850.html

This crap should be happening in Chapel Hole, not with our beloved Pack.

Saddens me to see this happening to my deeply loved university.

Ground_Chuck
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Stop the government funding for abortions. Use that money to fund adoptions. Problem solved.
No issue with that.....you lining up to do so? Where you gonna find all those people who will?
Cost of adoption is one inhibitor. Plenty of Americans who aren't going to adopt babies that look different from them. That's not a criticism, its a reality.

BTW, one thing that would happen if the government started throwing in $$ for adoptions...the source of the high costs - ie, the lawyers, would see that $$ flow and just amp up even more charges.
When are we going to realize that this isn't reproductive rights and its a child?
If it was about the child it would be one part of a solution. Other parts of the solution would be helping the child/mother before and after birth. You could do this by guaranteeing paid maternity leave, making sure maternity care and earlier children healthcare were prioritized. You could also push for quality, affordable earlier childhood care. You could also be in favor of affordable access to birth control and being in favor of quality sex education.

If it was only about reproductive rights, you'd be oppose all pro mother/child measures but support removing a women's right to choose.

caryking
Ground_Chuck said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

If it was about the child it would be one part of a solution. Other parts of the solution would be helping the child/mother before and after birth. You could do this by guaranteeing paid maternity leave, making sure maternity care and earlier children healthcare were prioritized. You could also push for quality, affordable earlier childhood care. You could also be in favor of affordable access to birth control and being in favor of quality sex education.

If it was only about reproductive rights, you'd be oppose all pro mother/child measures but support removing a women's right to choose.

What exactly are you doing, with your own money, to help these families? Probably, not a lot... What you do is propose taking other peoples money to give to another person. I say that is selfish on your part...

Quit trying to make our country a social experiment and get into the ditches and do something on your own. Give to another!!! That is if you are so inclined...
caryking
Ground_Chuck said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

You probably have no issue with science, right?

If so, what does the science say when a life of a child begins?
Now, when do you think the life of a child begins?
82TxPackFan
SupplyChainPack said:

I've loved my Pack since I was a small child. Spent some amazing years on that wonderful campus. Have stuck with pack (like most here) through years of frustration and disappointment - still waiting for our former greatness to be restored.

Going to miss watching them play.
PackBacker07
Proud of these ladies. Go Pack.
Y'all means ALL.
PoleD
82TxPackFan said:

SupplyChainPack said:

I'm sure they are going to miss you as well.

I dont have a problem with it as long as its something they believe in and not just jumping on ths bandwagon which I dont believe this is.
SupplyChainPack
PackBacker07 said:

Proud of these ladies. Go Pack.

That makes perfect sense for you.

SupplyChainPack
PoleD said:

82TxPackFan said:

SupplyChainPack said:

I'm sure they are going to miss you as well.

I dont have a problem with it as long as its something they believe in and not just jumping on ths bandwagon which I dont believe this is.

Are you saying that it doesn't matter what they believe in, just as long as they actually believe in it? Is that correct?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.