Weather Thread (Fall starts 9/23 3:21 pm )

112,346 Views | 1759 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unless something changes, this looks like a fizzle out to me and I'm perfectly fine with that
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
packwest
I'm not a meteorologist or anything other than a casual observer, but today was a gigantic swing and a miss. Either the NWS and their affiliates need to re-evaluate how these "Levels" are issued or schools, govs, and businesses need to evaluate how they react when issued.

Just about every major school system was "remote" today due to severe weather (which means little was accomplished and parents likely had to stay home from work.) Businesses were letting people go at noon. Major hospitals were sending home non-essential employees and canceling vaccine clinics.

For what? A nice, sunny 70 degree afternoon?
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
It's over us': FOX8 WGHP anchors flee TV studio in High Point when possible tornado moves across the station

https://www.google.com/amp/s/myfox8.com/news/its-over-us-fox8-anchors-flee-tv-studio-in-high-point-when-possible-tornado-moves-across-the-station/amp/
Steve Williams
Staff
Dad texted that it was snowing in Oxford. Crazy weather.
RunsWithWolves26
Last night it showed no rain for me today. So far today, it has rained a half inch. I sometimes wonder where these.peolle get their info from.
TheStorm
bsorry11 said:

I'm not a meteorologist or anything other than a casual observer, but today was a gigantic swing and a miss. Either the NWS and their affiliates need to re-evaluate how these "Levels" are issued or schools, govs, and businesses need to evaluate how they react when issued.

Just about every major school system was "remote" today due to severe weather (which means little was accomplished and parents likely had to stay home from work.) Businesses were letting people go at noon. Major hospitals were sending home non-essential employees and canceling vaccine clinics.

For what? A nice, sunny 70 degree afternoon?
I'm never against common sense public safety in the event of severe weather... but just shutting everything down based on the potential "chance" of severe weather is just a continuation of the general pussification of this country.

I'm on the coast and we didn't have a damn thing, no severe weather, no thunderstorms, not one drop of rain, no 75 mile gusts, actually no gusty winds period... and businesses were closing all over the place as if Hurricane Florence was about to hit.

The overreactions to anything and everything are so completely out of control... we (SE NC) were in the clear on the revised forecasts well before these stores went ahead and just closed anyway... for no other reason except that it was already planned.

I'm very grateful that we didn't have any severe weather down here yesterday... and I don't begrudge people being let out of work for their own safety... but there has to be some common sense applied to these situations... this cannot be allowed to become the new norm in American society.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Temperatures fell across the viewing area Friday morning, and some counties along the North Carolina-Virginia border saw some short-lived snow flurries as early as 10:30 a.m.

Flurries were reported in Roxboro and Henderson, and some very light accumulation was reported in South Hill, Va.

https://www.wral.com/snow-flurries-fall-near-virginia-line-as-rain-and-gusty-winds-move-away-from-triangle/19582865/
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
SexualChocolate
"There's an interesting low spinning about 150 miles southeast of Cape Fear. It's not classified as a tropical or subtropical storm but is producing 40 knot (45 mph) winds well offshore from the Carolina coast. Warmth from the Gulf Stream ocean current is supporting thunderstorms just north of the low's center.

Has the Atlantic Ocean ever had a tropical storm or hurricane form in the month of March? Only once! In March 1908 a category 2 hurricane developed near the Virgin Islands and moved south into the eastern Caribbean Sea."
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
reports of 5 dead from tornado in Pelham, Alabama

report of tornado in Newnan, Georgia that struck around midnight
Wolfer79
RunsWithWolves26
That is just so freaking sad.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Florence, SC set a record high temperature of 89F today. Previous record was 87F, set on this day in 2020. #scwx #ILMwx
Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.