Weather Thread (Fall starts 9/23 3:21 pm )

111,593 Views | 1759 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Steve Williams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I know there are several of you that are weather geeks like me. Thought it would be interesting to keep an ongoing thread for discussion. Looks like we should definitely keep an eye out tomorrow and Monday. Please feel free to add updated info to the thread. Mods, you can edit the title as weather dictates.

Steve Williams
Staff

pack95
Steve Williams said:

Whatever they predict will be wrong. 100% chance of rain this morning turned out to be partly cloudy.
PackMom
We're watching this one carefully. These things can be really bad when they hit in the night.
Whitetailpack
For folks that live in and around Charlotte, Brad Panovich is a excellent social media follower.

Everyone stay safe.
Bell Tower Grey
pack95 said:

Steve Williams said:

Whatever they predict will be wrong. 100% chance of rain this morning turned out to be partly cloudy.
Oftentimes, it's thinking like this that leaves folks injured or dead.

Like PackMom said, watching this one carefully.
Wolfer79
The latest Severe Thunderstorm outlook update from the @NWSSPC ending at 6am EDT tomorrow morning. The better chance for strong/severe storms across central #NCwx arrives after midnight tonight, spreading east through the pre-dawn hours. More: https://t.co/3saH8pUYgi https://t.co/cTnGbv572X
Wolfer79
The full central #NCwx weather briefing can be downloaded here: https://t.co/PCyRlBH4qk https://t.co/XPhpCupPzJ
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Looks like things could get bad here in central NC...keeping an eye out....hopefully this thing will pass through without much mess.
pack95
Looks like things could stay much further west than anticipated. Am I missing something?
ncsupack1
pack95 said:

Looks like things could stay much further west than anticipated. Am I missing something?

Don't know. As of right now it's windy but no rain yet.
Steve Williams
Staff
Wow, everyone be safe

ncsupack1
Rocky morning for sure. Everyone stay safe.
PackMom
Hope everyone is okay. It was a bit wild for a little while but has mostly settled down now.
statefan91
We woke up about 4:30am because the toddler was crying and decided to go ahead and get the kids up and move downstairs. We're in Charlotte and the band with the severe t'storms and tornado potential was supposed to come in the 5-6 range. It got pretty windy out at some points but it's beautiful out now, nice and sunny and already getting warm. Too bad we can't go anywhere.
cowboypack02
I've had several large branches come down in the yard behind the office here in Edenton. Getting wind gusts in between 50-55 mph.
RunsWithWolves26
Tornado touched down about a half mile from my grandparents home in Jacksonville this morning.
Bell Tower Grey
Heard a few trees break and fall around the creek behind the house when the storm moved through. Other than that, everything seems fine here. Windy and overcast now. Hope everyone is safe.
ncsupack1
Hope everyone is doing okay. We were lucky here.
Glasswolf
I was at our warehouse in rocky point when the storm blew through. It was as bad as I've seen it rain and wind wise
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Steve Williams
Staff
We were very lucky in Wake Forest. Heavy rain, gusty winds but that was about it.
ncsupack1
Steve Williams said:

We were very lucky in Wake Forest. Heavy rain, gusty winds but that was about it.

Sounds like what we got here in Garner.
Steve Williams
Staff

Glasswolf
Steve Williams said:

I'll be heading to Wilmington around 4:30 AM Monday. Still working on 2 high rise buildings on Water St and Grace St. Last Monday's storm was a rough one
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Looks like a rain event here in central NC. Didn't cut the grass this weekend and will most certainly regret it later.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Tomorrow looking rocky..
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.